20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 246.
#10101 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

The only reason video modes came into existence is because arcade games took business away from Pinball machines. To counter that, pinball invented video modes to garner a percentage of those users back.

Now that video games have established their own niche in this world, there's no reason for pinball to ever go back to video modes... though I will say the large LCD screens do lend themselves to be utilized as such.

But anyway, I play pinball machines for the pinball, not the other stuff. Kudos to you ep for squanching that idea.

#10102 4 years ago

Anybody in the Atlanta area thinking about heading to Days of the Dead this weekend? In their last podcast it sounded like there COULD be an R&M pinball machine there at the show. Some back and forth banter about how they don't have any ACNC, TNA, or RZ machines left, so what could they possibly be bringing with them? It was all very tongue-in-cheek.

I'm considering heading down to check it out but am not THAT big of a horror fan so it would be primarily to see R&M.

EDIT:

From their Facebook page, looks like they have an ACNC and MB - no R&M.

#10103 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think we owe it to Scott Danesi to at least play the game before calling the layout uninspired.

That's crazy talk!!

If pinside has taught me anything, all it takes is a 2 minute cellphone video to completely assess how fun/makeable shots are, regardless of the skill of the person on the video playing.

What kind of world are you proposing where people actually play the game and decide for themselves how the shots feel? Are you mad??

#10104 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's crazy talk!!
If pinside has taught me anything, all it takes is a 2 minute cellphone video to completely assess how fun/makeable shots are, regardless of the skill of the person on the video playing.
What kind of world are you proposing where people actually play the game and decide for themselves how the shots feel? Are you mad??

No offense man, but that is how the world is now. Do you not watch movie trailers? Do you watch videogame trailers? Do you watch commercials? Do you know that E-Sports is now almost as big if not bigger in some ways than physical sports? Are you aware that more kids WATCH people play games on youtube than actually play themselves? I'm not saying I disagree with you, but ultimately, unless you live in a major metropolis, getting a chance to actually play some of these games isn't a given, and it is indeed a ton of money to put down on an unknown. If you can't make it look fun on video, chances are people these days are going to pass. (ala Stranger Things as the game preview of that game made it look like a snoozefest). People have a right to be critical. Not everyone is a millionaire and there are TONS of options for entertainment these days, at quite a bit cheaper prices for the return.

#10105 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode, where you press the flipper button to get points. Maybe something like the Bone Fish in Fish Tales where during gameplay balloons randomly float across the screen and you need to press the launch button for 100 points per balloon. Rick makes fun of you for doing such a mindless task for minimal points.

#10106 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

It might.[quoted image]

I still have 5 of the schezuan sauces in the fridge. Been in there since that short realease. Might have to crack one open when my machine comes for shits n giggles.

#10107 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode. Hit the button, get points.

I like this idea. Rick making fun of Jerry is such a big part of the show, I feel there needs to be a Jerry mode of some sort...

#10108 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode. Hit the button, get points.

A Jerry Daycare mode like that after you miss too many shots would be funny for a minute.

#10109 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s a bummer!

So much content to draw from on this show there are tons of possibilities for a great video mode.

I think Bowen should take this as a personal challenge to make the best video mode ever and change everyone’s mind on how we think about video modes.... if there’s anyone who can make it the best I’m confident it would be him!

Does that come off as desperate for a video mode???

#10110 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Let's chalk it up to danesi being a bit less experienced than some other designers at creating a unique play field.

Try comparing a Danesi playfield design to anything released by a major manufacturer in the last 30 years. His designs are not only "unique", they are pretty DAMN good! We can only hope that he has a few more where the first two came from.

Oh yeah, how many other designers actually interact with owners of their design, solicit and implement user feedback, and are approachable and even friendly?

You may not be aware of this, Dude...but Scott Danesi is AWESOME.

#10111 4 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

A Jerry Daycare mode like that after you miss too many shots would be funny for a minute.

The player is Morty; not Jerry.

#10112 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

That’s a bummer!
So much content to draw from on this show there are tons of possibilities for a great video mode.
I think Bowen should take this as a personal challenge to make the best video mode ever and change everyone’s mind on how we think about video modes.... if there’s anyone who can make it the best I’m confident it would be him!
That that come off as desperate for a video mode???

I for one enjoy the video modes.

#10113 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Good point!

It's almost like you've put a lot of thought into this

#10114 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fair enough , like I said this game is still an A+ even without one .

#10115 4 years ago

I could have swore deadflip was supposed to stream this today, am I wrong?

#10116 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode, where you press the flipper button to get points. Maybe something like the Bone Fish in Fish Tales where during gameplay balloons randomly float across the screen and you need to press the launch button for 100 points per balloon. Rick makes fun of you for doing such a mindless task for minimal points.

Quoted from epthegeek:

If the mode is good, I think you could still insult Morty by having Rick call him a Jerrry.

#10117 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I could have swore deadflip was supposed to stream this today, am I wrong?

Where did ya hear that?

#10118 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was trying to be dumb like Borat or someone similar. Hope she’s not that dumb in real life.

She did use the word progeny correctly. I'm fairly certain it is a character. Also, take into account that it's supposed to look local access cable. Mission accomplished.

#10119 4 years ago

I didnt get a good look at the numbered plaques on the pins in the Spooky pics.. but would be super cool if they added the "C dash" in front of each machine number like each pin is from its own dimension. I'm beyond excited to be one of the lucky C-750's in here.

#10120 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Where did ya hear that?

I thought I read a message in this thread that a special stream was coming on 2/7, since Spooky was headed to Adult Swim around this time maybe I just assumed it was R&M.

#10121 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I still have 5 of the schezuan sauces in the fridge. Been in there since that short realease. Might have to crack one open when my machine comes for shits n giggles.

I had a stash of them, over a dozen...my wife threw them out not realizing they were special.

#10122 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sounds like the perfect person to implement Jerry's Game video mode, where you press the flipper button to get points. Rick makes fun of you for doing such a mindless task for minimal points.

With Human Music playing during the mode! And a secret both-flippers cancel that actually awards more points than playing the mode out would!

#10123 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a stash of them, over a dozen...my wife threw them out not realizing they were special.

This may justify death or at least a black eye or two!

#10124 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Jack Danger's monthly twitch newsletter says "Expect a VERY special stream on the 7th... :O".
Mayyybe it's rick & morty?

Here is the post that I got it from.

#10125 4 years ago

10,100 posts. Amazing.

#10126 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

With Human Music playing during the mode! And a secret both-flippers cancel that actually awards more points than playing the mode out would!

I think I like the idea of it not being a mode, but just a random occurrence that forces you to take you hand off the flippers in the middle of the game. More like an easter egg then anything else.

#10127 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Here is the post that I got it from.

He usually streams at night.

#10128 4 years ago

In the beginning of the stream the host Sally tried to say it was the only machine in existence and then corrected herself after looking over to the Spooky folks.

I'd be willing to bet with a contractual agreement in place with Adult Swim they already had/have close to 30 plus machines already done and will be doing a large initial delivery run.

#10129 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My wife tried doing the same thing but convinced her to just let them be lol

#10130 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

In the beginning of the stream the host Sally tried to say it was the only machine in existence and then corrected herself after looking over to the Spooky folks.
I'd be willing to bet with a contractual agreement in place with Adult Swim they already had/have close to 30 plus machines already done and will be doing a large initial delivery run.

I think you might be reading a bit to much into it with the whole "contractual agreement". Spooky has show pictures of a number of games made, but not delivered. If I were to guess it's because they are still working on implementing more code and functionality.

#10131 4 years ago

Didn't someone claim they are going to be live streaming R&M tonight? And im not talking about O-Din's GF from yesterday.

#10132 4 years ago

I've never seen this SMB show before, but I will say they actually made a fun and more informative segment out of this than I was expecting. The host actually asked relevant questions and seemed to be genuinely enthused about the game and pinball in general, instead of making the tired same old pinball wizard jokes that morning news segments make anytime there is anything pinball related on them and actually let them talk about the game for more than 30 seconds before moving on to some other bs.

They just could have setup the camera shots better to capture what is actually going on.

#10133 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think you might be reading a bit to much into it with the whole "contractual agreement". Spooky has show pictures of a number of games made, but not delivered. If I were to guess it's because they are still working on implementing more code and functionality.

It's an educated guess but yes, a guess none-the-less. I am #47 so I'll let you know how close or far off I am soon enough.

#10134 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I didnt get a good look at the numbered plaques on the pins in the Spooky pics.. but would be super cool if they added the "C dash" in front of each machine number like each pin is from its own dimension. I'm beyond excited to be one of the lucky C-750's in here.

I think this is a great idea, although it may be too late.

#10135 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A2D8CAB0-698F-4893-84B6-1D6E1D8FAA48 (resized).jpegA2D8CAB0-698F-4893-84B6-1D6E1D8FAA48 (resized).jpeg
#10136 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I've never seen this SMB show before, but I will say they actually made a fun and more informative segment out of this than I was expecting. The host actually asked relevant questions and seemed to be genuinely enthused about the game and pinball in general, instead of making the tired same old pinball wizard jokes that morning news segments make anytime there is anything pinball related on them and actually let them talk about the game for more than 30 seconds before moving on to some other bs.
They just could have setup the camera shots better to capture what is actually going on.

There was one question that stood out to me. The "how do the lights know the ball is going over them" and he kept saying "switches and optos" and I was sitting there going, come on, she doesn't know what an opto is. She thinks the lights know the ball is touching them. It was interesting to see the perspective of someone who knows nothing about pinball be introduced and ask questions. There's things people with knowledge on certain subjects take for granted thinking everyone knows them.

#10137 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think this is a great idea, although it may be too late.

Sounds like a mod opportunity. I thought that would be a good sticker replacement on the portal gun plunger.

#10138 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Hi guys
Thanks for the torch job. I hope this game is as awesome as you all believe it will be. My opinion was basically about the play field being uninspired.
We are, after all, playing on the play field and sending the ball around the play field. I believe that ought to he the main focus in designing games. Without an interesting pf, the game will be tough to love for me.
I totally agree it looks and sounds incredibly awesome. Love the lights and sounds and art. Obviously it's a passion project and it sparkles.
Let's chalk it up to danesi being a bit less experienced than some other designers at creating a unique play field.
I will show myself out. A lot of responses to my post were really over the top with negative attitude and rudeness. I am being pretty polite in expressing my opinion and would hope to see that from all of us here. I believe all of us are after the same thing and some games don't bring that depending on what we prefer. There is nothing to be achieved by ridiculing people.
Everyone have a great weekend !! I love the passion in this thread !

I was a little surprised by how much people jumped on you as well. I think in general the rule is that the more something offends you, the more there might be some truth to it...so maybe you touched a nerve? I think the game looks pretty good, but I also don't think offering up some legit comments is a bad thing either. This forum has a bad tendency to get going one way or the other on a subject and shout down all other voices that don't go along with it. Frankly, so few people have played it that I don't think you can make blanket statement either way on this game yet...it's like reviewing a movie based upon the previews. Some people may think it looks awesome, some may not, but there's no reason to attack people either way.

#10139 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There was one question that stood out to me. The "how do the lights know the ball is going over them" and he kept saying "switches and optos" and I was sitting there going, come on, she doesn't know what an opto is. She thinks the lights know the ball is touching them. It was interesting to see the perspective of someone who knows nothing about pinball be introduced and ask questions. There's things people with knowledge on certain subjects take for granted thinking everyone knows them.

This stuck out to me too. When I explain how pins work to guests at my house who are very new to pinball, I say "sensors" in the place of switches and optos often. You are right that people have no idea what those terms mean, but sensors translates really well.

#10140 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I enjoy Wonder Showzen, the Eric Andre show

Dam, totally forgot about Wonder Showzen and eric andre. They tried to reinvent eric andre with "mostly 4 millenials" but failed badly

If anyone hasn't watched eric andre, go search on youtube. That guy has brass balls

#10141 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I was a little surprised by how much people jumped on you as well. I think in general the rule is that the more something offends you, the more there might be some truth to it...so maybe you touched a nerve? I think the game looks pretty good, but I also don't think offering up some legit comments is a bad thing either. This forum has a bad tendency to get going one way or the other on a subject and shout down all other voices that don't go along with it. Frankly, so few people have played it that I don't think you can make blanket statement either way on this game yet...it's like reviewing a movie based upon the previews. Some people may think it looks awesome, some may not, but there's no reason to attack people either way.

It seems to me the reason people piled on is the rush to judgement on an "uninspired" playfield after two streams.And to then go one to essentially calling Scott a rookie who doesn't know how to build "proper" playfield design, just seem to be drastic overstatements. Again, especially considering noone has even flipped the game themselves. People said TNA was "too simple" etc etc, and now people love it. A rush to judgment on any game is pretty naive in any case.

#10142 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dam, totally forgot about Wonder Showzen and eric andre. They tried to reinvent eric andre with "mostly 4 millenials" but failed badly

Aw man, I thought MM4M was hilarious! Not quite Eric Andre level, but close!!!

I loooove Tropical Cop Tales...but it seems to be a very very very acquired taste lol. I’m a big fan of the show’s creator. His movies The Greasy Strangler & An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn are amazing.

#10143 4 years ago

The best stuff (of anything, not just pinball) requires time and thought and multiple experiences to develop deep appreciation.

It's too soon to have anything but first impressions on R&M. However, those first impressions are mostly off the charts!

#10144 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I was a little surprised by how much people jumped on you as well.

I wasn't surprised by the reaction...hardly being jumped unless you count downvotes. But there is always POMC and iceman44 there to try to balance it out.

#10145 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It looks like they were able to make the portal shot at least a few times from the upper right flipper so concerns about that shot being unmake able should be put to rest. The modes on this game look super fun! I really liked the "Roy, a Life well lived" mode and can't wait to see what else Eric P, David V. and Bowen have in store for us later!

Unfortunately it was missed but I made the portal shot twice in the first 10 seconds of gameplay, including a super skill shot. I made it a few more times besides, so that's nice, but that opening was sweet.

You'll like the rules for Roy. It's fun

#10146 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Unfortunately it was missed but I made the portal shot twice in the first 10 seconds of gameplay, including a super skill shot. I made it a few more times besides, so that's nice, but that opening was sweet.
You'll like the rules for Roy. It's fun

You rock Bowen!!!!

Now please consider a video mode.

#10147 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Now please consider a video mode.

Or maybe a little easter egg?

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#10148 4 years ago

I like video modes but I also enjoy random aspect of pinball. Be great to see Mystery awards interactive in some way. Spin/Stop the wheel.. or how many blocks you can shoot , u get a prize.

#10149 4 years ago

D7D6F854-9434-4EDB-B27E-BA4BE2C226B0 (resized).jpegD7D6F854-9434-4EDB-B27E-BA4BE2C226B0 (resized).jpeg
#10150 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I absolutely howled watching you AARP mofos lose your mind in confusion over the stream. Couldn’t be a bigger bunch of old people stereotypes if you tried. Sigh.
[quoted image]
You should be thankful people under retirement age have any interest in pinball at all.

I really could not give two poops whether or not you have any interest in pinball. Now get off my lawn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/203?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.