20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 246.
#10051 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,
The one and only BOSS HOG

STH is the pin for you.... Now that’s inspired and it sounds like everything you want in a pin. I suggest you buy all 3 models of that so that you get to enjoy all the variety they’ve included across them.

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

btw, has anyone broken the news to o-din that sally from adult swim's SMBS show is married?

He’s going to be heartbroken!

912DB55C-A5A0-41D8-92B4-6A7A90B4D642 (resized).jpeg912DB55C-A5A0-41D8-92B4-6A7A90B4D642 (resized).jpeg
#10053 4 years ago

Was nice to see pinball being streamed by a non-pinball show and have a fresh perspective and different questions being asked. What was up with all the green screen though? That was weird for sure. Lacked a good camera angle for watching gameplay. But that angle does show off the depth and scale of the playfield versus a flat overhead camera shot. So I liked seeing the show's gameplay from over the shoulder and the earlier preview stream showing a top down view.

Everything about the game looks and sounds terrific. I'd like to see someone make consecutive loops often though. I love a game where I can rip some loops if I have my timing down, like The Shadow and Star Trek's Warp Ramp.

#10054 4 years ago

I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was trying to be dumb like Borat or someone similar. Hope she’s not that dumb in real life.

You know when you have a child and they’re in a school play so you go and watch it and you think your kid is great. Or if your child wrote an article in a magazine you’d probably read it and maybe tell your friends she was an author. Or if they were on TV you’d watch it. Well if that was my child I’d never watch or tell anyone about it.

I like that she think tilt is one of the three skills of pinball.

#10055 4 years ago

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and I can understand how if you value big interactive toys this game won't appeal to you. I'm the absolute opposite, the majority of toys don't add anything to the game for me (EG. the Balrog on my LOTR could be entirely removed and I don't think it'd change my opinion on the game at all, though some of my friends absolutely love that thing).

Curious what your thoughts are on TNA, besides the 'awkward scoop'? I'm guessing you think that game is even more boring than this.

Unrelated; I really got a kick out of the morning BS show, and also got a kick out of a bunch of middle age guys in here taking potshots at a random girl on the internet. Keep it classy, Pinside

#10056 4 years ago

Best Regards,

Enjoying your IMDN that is overloaded with interactive mechs and subways and innovative features?

#10057 4 years ago

Best Regards,

It's as inevitable as the tides...when a pin goes from "imaginary perfection in my mind" to "actual pinball machine" the pinside hivemind starts tearing it apart, looking for some small issue to hyper-inflate and rally negative sentiment around.

I for one am more excited than ever, as they appear to have done a really great job with everything.

#10058 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like playing pinball not working on them .

Exactly. I know a big part of the hobby is fixing stuff but it would be great if I didn’t have to. I’m starting to gravitate towards the “less is more” camp and am loving an uncluttered playfield, almost to the point of an EM design. I was happy to hear Charlie say that the game was also easy to maintain (two screws to take of a ramp or something like that).

#10059 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Unrelated; I really got a kick out of the morning BS show, and also got a kick out of a bunch of middle age guys in here taking potshots at a random girl on the internet. Keep it classy, Pinside

This.

#10060 4 years ago

Best Regards,

Harsh, curious about your thoughts on Stranger Things. Two ramps, Two orbits and a Vagina with teeth in the middle.

#10061 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like she think tilt is one of the three skills of pinball.

She said the 3 skills were shot accuracy, ball control, and tilting (according to my terrible memory).

When I first started playing pinball I thought tilting was the pinball definition for nudging, so maybe that's what she meant, and that would make sense. Gotta give her the benefit of the doubt.

She did her best to show off the game to non-pinheads and I think it was a success. We need more younger people in the game in order for it to grow. I'm nearly 40 and I'm one of the younger people to play pinball.

#10062 4 years ago

Best Regards,

Lol. That’s a pretty long list of “pretty cool” stuff that somehow doesn’t add up for you.

It’s not the ingredients man, it’s the cake. The cake is awesome (the ingredients are “pretty cool” too).

#10063 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

She said the 3 skills were shot accuracy, ball control, and tilting (according to my terrible memory).
When I first started playing pinball I thought tilting was the pinball definition for nudging, so maybe that's what she meant, and that would make sense. Gotta give her the benefit of the doubt.
She did her best to show off the game to non-pinheads and I think it was a success. We need more younger people in the game in order for it to grow. I'm nearly 40 and I'm one of the younger people to play pinball.

Adult Swim did a great job!

Anyone that was not laughing their asses off for the pinball segment, needs to lighten up and remember this is supposed to be fun.

I had quite a few LOL moments during it. Host did a great job and it was entertaining.

#10064 4 years ago

I absolutely howled watching you AARP mofos lose your mind in confusion over the stream. Couldn’t be a bigger bunch of old people stereotypes if you tried. Sigh.

All of youAll of you

You should be thankful people under retirement age have any interest in pinball at all.

#10065 4 years ago

I really enjoyed the pinball portion of the show. I could tell that everyone was having fun and I enjoyed the banter between the host and the Spooky team. It was cool seeing a stream that wasn't from a top-down perspective so that I could see the topper in action and get an idea of what the side art blades look like in the game, as well as seeing the depth of some of the features.

It looks like they were able to make the portal shot at least a few times from the upper right flipper so concerns about that shot being unmake able should be put to rest. The modes on this game look super fun! I really liked the "Roy, a Life well lived" mode and can't wait to see what else Eric P, David V. and Bowen have in store for us later!

#10066 4 years ago

one of my favorite lines when asked if he can multitask..."I can talk to you ...and that's hard enough"....lol

#10067 4 years ago

I actually enjoyed the stream a lot. I don't think it would have been even close to as good if Bowen wasn't there. No offense to Charlie (aka nicest guy in pinball). The banter between Bowen and host kept it interesting.

#10068 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

one of my favorite lines when asked if he can multitask..."I can talk to you ...and that's hard enough"....lol

That was funny.

He didn’t mean it that way...

#10069 4 years ago

So after watching the quick vid by spooky and then the stream yesterday. Im going to say what i thought a long time ago about this pin. It reminds me alot like why i jumped to purchased TRON. TRON literally had 2 die-cast light cycles ($6) and a spinning disk (which is not as cool as this lock mech) and a cheep mini tron arcade game. What it did have, and the reason i jumped on it b4 release was great sound and superb light show, great art, cool callout's, was challenging and looked amazing. After, became a modder's paradise. R&M IMO beats TRON in every category when i go through my same check list. The music sounds awesome! The light show before the one mb was jaw dropping. Call outs! Theme integration!! Shots range from super easy to extremely challenging! This is what is needed to make it a keeper in my home. Now i must admit, my family and I are huge rick and morty fans. With that being said, even if it was a turd i would still be buying it for my kids to enjoy due to the love they have for the show. My 13yo party theme was rick and morty. This game looks amazing and I think they hit this out of the park! Cant wait to see some real stream footage so the mod community can get a true understanding and get to work! That magna save on the right could have a super cool mod. PS did anyone send Gary a new coffee cup?

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

You are to some degree right. The playfield and mechs are nothing you gasp about. It´s not woz or jjp potc.
However it comes with the best light and sound guy, assets, assets, assets. Great theme for pinball. Funny, witty, etc.
I think it will be awesome.

Yea I was very realistic upon the initial reveal because no, the playfield didn't blow me away. Once I saw the gameplay, lighting, and integration of the theme (which yes IS the selling point here), I knew they had a winner.

#10071 4 years ago

I think someone needs to bring a mop bucket over to my desk to clean up all the drool after watching that feed. Coolest mode so far seems to be the Roy mode, that's pretty frigan cool that shots change the outcome.

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Exactly. I know a big part of the hobby is fixing stuff but it would be great if I didn’t have to. I’m starting to gravitate towards the “less is more” camp and am loving an uncluttered playfield, almost to the point of an EM design. I was happy to hear Charlie say that the game was also easy to maintain (two screws to take of a ramp or something like that).

The big part of the hobby was fixing OLD played machines because there was no one to do it. Redesigning brand new machines should not be a thing or accepted. People have this 'omg if we complain we won't have pinball anymore' fear for some weird reason.

#10073 4 years ago

Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game.

Listen Jerry, the same could be said of your beloved Willy Wonka. Lawlor himself raved about the gumball mech like it was something new and innovating. It is just a rotating toy that reveals a gobble hole (ever play TOM?). The entire art direction was, "let's use a bunch of video slot machine assets". The standard art cab package is ridiculously generic. The mini lcd screen has been done to death and is the typical JJP shoot here display. All this said, I genuinely like the game even though the theme is like 45 years old, Gene Wilder's face is creepy AF and the theme integration is meh. I like how it shoots but I don't feel like Willy Wonka or Charlie. No amount of interactive (ie has a light that turns on) action figures fixes that. But seriously Jerry, what is innovative about Willy Wonka?

#10074 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Listen Jerry, the same could be said of your beloved Willy Wonka. Lawlor himself raved about the gumball mech like it was something new and innovating. It is just a rotating toy that reveals a gobble hole (ever play TOM?). The entire art direction was, "let's use a bunch of video slot machine assets". The standard art cab package is ridiculously generic. The mini lcd screen has been done to death and is the typical JJP shoot here display. All this said, I genuinely like the game even though the theme is like 45 years old, Gene Wilder's face is creepy AF and the theme integration is meh. I like how it shoots but I don't feel like Willy Wonka or Charlie. No amount of interactive (ie has a light that turns on) action figures fixes that. But seriously Jerry, what is innovative about Willy Wonka?

Well said.

#10075 4 years ago

Watched the stream again on my puter without chat and enjoyed it a lot more. Can't wait to flip this game!

#10076 4 years ago

Yes, if it weren't for this game having one of the best themes and licenses in the history of pinball integrated to perfection by an all-star team that is dedicated to the game and theme and making it as great as possible, than it wouldn't have been as successful. gotcha! thanks for stating the obvious.

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I absolutely howled watching you AARP mofos lose your mind in confusion over the stream. Couldn’t be a bigger bunch of old people stereotypes if you tried. Sigh.

Yeah it was so edgy and new...I have never heard a 20 year old girl yell 'Fuck Catholocism' before. Super smart. And edgy.

#10078 4 years ago

I watched it again this morning. It was much more enjoyable when I just skipped right to the pinball segment. I think I was just somewhat annoyed with the chat banter between some of the pinballers complaining about the show, which I found to be disrespectful, and then the non-pinballers complaining about pinball. Turning off the microphone that seemed to be setup right near the flippers would have also helped.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your post. I should have quoted it, since you were saying the same thing.

Quoted from gliebig:

Watched the stream again on my puter without chat and enjoyed it a lot more. Can't wait to flip this game!

#10079 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I watched it again this morning. It was much more enjoyable when I just skipped right to the pinball segment. I think I was just somewhat annoyed with the chat banter between some of the pinballers complaining about the show, which I found to be disrespectful, and then the non-pinballers complaining about pinball.

Quoted for truth.

#10080 4 years ago

This pin is a bit of a conundrum. The playfield is kind of ho-hum and some of the main shots are clunky but the software, lights, sound, and theme integration appears to be the best that I have seen. I think in this case that all of the soft assets far outweigh the physical assets and that it should be a good pin. The Roy mode was awesome! I would like to see Spooky continue to evolve their playfield geometry aspects because candidly, I think that this is an area that they lag the other manufactures but their software aspects seem to be at the top of the class. I look forward to playing it on location and if I like it, will pick one up.

Great job and progress, Spooky!

#10081 4 years ago

Best Regards,

Not sure the purpose of this post.
Why do people love to piss on others enjoyment of stuff.
Actually the theme integration on this game is GROUND BREAKING - best integration i have seen on any modern pin
I almost would of taken a box of lights with this theme integration - it's exactly what i am looking for - tons of clips, custom call outs and adult language
GAME IS GOING TO BE A FUCKING BLAST TO PLAY!

#10082 4 years ago

Best Regards,

The point of a pinball machine is to have fun. You kept talking about "unique" or "innovative", like that is the defining characteristic of a great game, and I disagree.

I think a great pin is one where everything comes together...layout, code, art, music, lights, features, theme integration, etc... All of that stuff is subjective of course, which makes it fun to discuss.

Unique and innovative things could also end up being a dumpster fire. I also think most things in pinball have been done before...I think it's more about how all the nuances and variables that are mixed together that form a cohesive fun experience.

Scott's whole thing is taking off the shelf parts, and using them in unique ways, which I think he does here brilliantly.

- U turn. Looks really cool and fun and has so many ways they can code it for variety

- Flooble frank. May not be "new" but it's certainly not common. I've never seen a game with something like that

- magna save - not new, but it's fun, and that's the whole point.

- pop bumper in a sling position - I've never seen that and it looks fun

- lightshow - innovative and awesome and unique

- music - amazing and unique

- the staged ball/portal - might not be "new", but certainly not common in modern pins

- layout - lots of shots that I think will come together to form a unique experience and shot geometry and fun.

- theme integration - seems to be as good as it gets in pinball, A+. Of course the theme is a big part of the excitement...that's true of every pin from every manufacturer. Theme matters.

If you, or anyone else doesn't like the game, that's cool. We all don't have to like the same things.

R&M looks amazing to me, and I'm grateful for the team at Spooky who have poured their heart and soul into this game that will provide so much fun to the pinball world.

#10083 4 years ago

I am amused by the folks who casually state that they will pick one up later if they like it. 750 total, folks. It’s super obvious that the game is very, very good. I think Tron is a decent though imperfect historical comparison. Yes, you can pick one up secondhand, but at a premium. Given how many preorder buyers are unlikely to let go of this game for a long time (if ever) because of their love of the theme, the secondhand market will probably be fairly scarce. I could be wrong, but this already has a dedicated following that seems very likely to skew the average used supply expectations of the hobby in the direction of hard to find / impossible to find at a typical used price point.

#10084 4 years ago

I would rate this pin 9.9 , I would give it a 10 if it had a video mode . I love a good video mode , lots of people don't like video modes but I think it just adds to the whole game experience .

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I absolutely howled watching you AARP mofos lose your mind in confusion over the stream.

"Confusion" wasn't exactly my reaction. I enjoy Wonder Showzen, Tim & Eric, Superjail, the Eric Andre show, Too Many Cooks, etc. But I know the difference between weird and bad.

Pinball segment was enjoyable for obvious reasons, but would you watch another episode without a gun to your head?

#10086 4 years ago

Hi guys

Thanks for the torch job. I hope this game is as awesome as you all believe it will be. My opinion was basically about the play field being uninspired.

We are, after all, playing on the play field and sending the ball around the play field. I believe that ought to he the main focus in designing games. Without an interesting pf, the game will be tough to love for me.

I totally agree it looks and sounds incredibly awesome. Love the lights and sounds and art. Obviously it's a passion project and it sparkles.

Let's chalk it up to danesi being a bit less experienced than some other designers at creating a unique play field.

I will show myself out. A lot of responses to my post were really over the top with negative attitude and rudeness. I am being pretty polite in expressing my opinion and would hope to see that from all of us here. I believe all of us are after the same thing and some games don't bring that depending on what we prefer. There is nothing to be achieved by ridiculing people.

Everyone have a great weekend !! I love the passion in this thread !

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would rate this pin 9.9 , I would give it a 10 if it had a video mode . I love a good video mode , lots of people don't like video modes but I think it just adds to the whole game experience .

Agree, as long as the video mode is fun and challenging enough... plus potential for a reward like extra ball they make for added fun!

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I am amused by the folks who casually state that they will pick one up later if they like it. 750 total, folks. It’s super obvious that the game is very, very good. I think Tron is a decent though imperfect historical comparison. Yes, you can pick one up secondhand, but at a premium. Given how many preorder buyers are unlikely to let go of this game for a long time (if ever) because of their love of the theme, the secondhand market will probably be fairly scarce. I could be wrong, but this already has a dedicated following that seems very likely to skew the average used supply expectations of the hobby in the direction of hard to find / impossible to find at a typical used price point.

Just like every other game out there, examples of this game will pop up for sell. People will need space, want the new hotness, get tired of it, whatever. You might pay a grand or so over, you might pay under, but you will definitely be able to buy this game. 750 is limited in comparison to Stern or JJP, but is not unobtanium.

#10089 4 years ago

Thanks for the torch job.

I only downvoted you for signing your post THE BOSS HOG like anyone gives a shit.

#10090 4 years ago

I agree that the game and theme will be awesome, but there will always be a market of people buying and selling this game. Look at a game like JP2 Premium. It's one of the best games I and many others have played, but there's a good number of people that decided either it was too hard or they just didn't care for it and moved it along in short time. The gameplay on R&M does appear to be on the more difficult side and while I really love games like that, there are a good number of people that would rather shoot an easy layout. I think if people want them later they'll be able to find them on the second-hand market. They may have to pay a bit of a premium (like JPOTC), but I don't think it will get too crazy. The constant influx of new pins with desirable themes will keep the market in check.

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

"Confusion" wasn't exactly my reaction. I enjoy Wonder Showzen, Tim & Eric, Superjail, the Eric Andre show, Too Many Cooks, etc. But I know the difference between weird and bad.
Pinball segment was enjoyable for obvious reasons, but would you watch another episode without a gun to your head?

Totally agree - that show was not weird at all. Lazy is more like it.

#10092 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I only downvoted you for signing your post THE BOSS HOG like anyone gives a shit.

Just a joke bro

Take a chill pill

Goofy names are the foundation of internet forums

Are you ok ????

#10093 4 years ago

Let's chalk it up to danesi being a bit less experienced than some other designers at creating a unique play field.

Yep. He left out the Projector. Rookie mistake.

#10094 4 years ago

Hi guys
Thanks for the torch job. I hope this game is as awesome as you all believe it will be. My opinion was basically about the play field being uninspired.
We are, after all, playing on the play field and sending the ball around the play field. I believe that ought to he the main focus in designing games. Without an interesting pf, the game will be tough to love for me.
I totally agree it looks and sounds incredibly awesome. Love the lights and sounds and art. Obviously it's a passion project and it sparkles.
I will show myself out. A lot of responses to my post were really over the top with negative attitude and rudeness. I am being pretty polite in expressing my opinion and would hope to see that from all of us here. I believe all of us are after the same thing and some games don't bring that depending on what we prefer. There is nothing to be achieved by ridiculing people.
Everyone have a great weekend !! I love the passion in this thread !

I think we owe it to Scott Danesi to at least play the game before calling the layout uninspired.

#10095 4 years ago

I will show myself out.

Damn, and I was hoping you were person of your word.

#10096 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Agree, as long as the video mode is fun and challenging enough... plus potential for a reward like extra ball they make for added fun!

Fish tales video mode ticks all those boxes , you have to shoot the jet skis and the skiers quick enough to earn the right to shoot the extra ball , it's fun and challenging and gives a distraction from normal gameplay .
It would be so cool to see Rick or Morty move left and right with the Flipper buttons and shoot aliens with the magna save button , even if it never happens the game is still an A+

#10097 4 years ago

Quoted from MikeS:

I agree that the game and theme will be awesome, but there will always be a market of people buying and selling this game. Look at a game like JP2 Premium. It's one of the best games I and many others have played, but there's a good number of people that decided either it was too hard or they just didn't care for it and moved it along in short time. The gameplay on R&M does appear to be on the more difficult side and while I really love games like that, there are a good number of people that would rather shoot an easy layout. I think if people want them later they'll be able to find them on the second-hand market. They may have to pay a bit of a premium (like JPOTC), but I don't think it will get too crazy. The constant influx of new pins with desirable themes will keep the market in check.

Yeah I agree most games will always be available for repurchase but it’s gonna be interesting to see the availability of this game once they are all produced.

I think the majority of people that bought these are most likely huge Rick and Morty fans and pinheads of course. So I’m betting most will keep them in their collection for good.

My wife always jokes and says she’s surprised that I haven’t sold her off yet.
If this game is as good as it looks and once I have it I might consider that option before getting rid of the RM pin!

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The guy programming the game hates video modes with the burning fire of a thousand suns; so the outlook isn't great.

#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Fish tales video mode ticks all those boxes

That is one of the best Vid Modes ever. Not just the mode, but its shot location as well.

Lots of really boring / annoying ones out there, though. And vid mode is not really a favorite of most flippers as far as I can tell.

#10100 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They may have to pay a bit of a premium (like JPOTC), but I don't think it will get too crazy.

It might.

C8E8EE9D-68F6-46D9-AA27-AEBC2FBA3EA1.gifC8E8EE9D-68F6-46D9-AA27-AEBC2FBA3EA1.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
$ 13,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/202?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.