20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 246.
#10001 4 years ago

Missed it by this much. Time between post 9,999 and 10,001 was 5 seconds.

Oh well, Congrats to Pinside for the good times. What happens after 10k you ask? Well buckle up and we’ll find out.

#10002 4 years ago

10002!

#10003 4 years ago

...and I thought I could snag 10,000. You guys are crazy!

#10004 4 years ago

10k one month after Christmas

#10005 4 years ago

damnit

#10006 4 years ago

NOOB NOOB GODDAMN

#10007 4 years ago

Tada
Now archive this biotch and open the club!

#10008 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"It's fun for like 5-minutes."

You just defined the attitude of everyone under 25..... for everything.

#10009 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone know if there will be other voices in the show eg.Beth and Summer etc?

Good question. I hope so. I recall them saying it was a missed opportunity not having Danny Trejo's voice in pickle Rick mode. I would hope that Adult Swim and Spooky are allowed to use the Danny Trejo clips without paying additional royalties, since he was paid for his work already.

#10010 4 years ago

Did I get post 10000?

- Jerry.

#10011 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

You just defined the attitude of everyone under 25..... for everything.

Now that's a hell of an attitude!

#10012 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"It's fun for like 5-minutes."

...that’s what she said!

#10013 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would hope that Adult Swim and Spooky are allowed to use the Danny Trejo clips without paying additional royalties, since he was paid for his work already.

That’s not usually how it works for SAG actors. They get royalties for reruns, syndication, etc...although I’m not entirely sure what the “rules” are for pinball. In Family Guy pinball, only Seth MacFarlane did custom callouts for his characters, but the game also included show clip voices of Alex Borstein, Mika Kunis, Seth Green, and Norm MacDonald. It doesn’t have any voice clips from Mike Henry or Patrick Warburton...and, Stern got “in trouble” for using Norm, since he wasn’t the voice of Death anymore when the pin came out. They sent Norm a game to make up for the mistake...he was happy with it lol. Soooo, I dunno if they paid off the actors who’s clips were used, or if they had different contracts than the others...but hopefully Spooky can include show clips of Jerry/Summer/Beth at least.

#10014 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

show clips of Jerry/Summer/Beth at least.

Yeh, show clips would be cool. Justin Roiland for custom call outs is plenty.

#10015 4 years ago

Good question. I hope so. I recall them saying it was a missed opportunity not having Danny Trejo's voice in pickle Rick mode. I would hope that Adult Swim and Spooky are allowed to use the Danny Trejo clips without paying additional royalties, since he was paid for his work already.

He was paid for his work to be in a cartoon series. He was not paid for work to be in a pinball machine. By the "he was paid for his work already" logic, AS could make dolls, video games, commercials, watches, apps, etc., with his voice, and not give him anything for it. It doesn't work like that.

I'm over the top estatic we have the two main characters (plus other Jutin voiced characters) of the show FULLY integrated with AWESOME custom speech and call outs. We haven't seen this kind of integration in a pinball machine in a very long time.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#10016 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Good to see your a real person O-din. That girl is plenty cute. Most of the guys in here probably don’t have much girl experience. They just try to ACT like they do. I mean have you been to a pinball show? A lot of sad dirty players there that don’t look like they could get laid with a fistful of hundreds. Keep being you man.....

Hahahaha. Thanks I really needed that. Long day.

#10017 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Thanks I really needed that.

So did I.

#10018 4 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

It was smart of Spooky to get ahead with the 15min of gameplay yesterday. I'm looking forward to some more streams and whenever we get a game in CT.

The Sanctum will have one.

#10019 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Missed it by this much. Time between post 9,999 and 10,001 was 5 seconds.
Oh well, Congrats to Pinside for the good times. What happens after 10k you ask? Well buckle up and we’ll find out.

Let's see how quick 11k will hit. This by far the fastest, most happy, and devoted thread ever.

#10020 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s not usually how it works for SAG actors. They get royalties for reruns, syndication, etc...although I’m not entirely sure what the “rules” are for pinball. In Family Guy pinball, only Seth MacFarlane did custom callouts for his characters, but the game also included show clip voices of Alex Borstein, Mika Kunis, Seth Green, and Norm MacDonald. It doesn’t have any voice clips from Mike Henry or Patrick Warburton...and, Stern got “in trouble” for using Norm, since he wasn’t the voice of Death anymore when the pin came out. They sent Norm a game to make up for the mistake...he was happy with it lol. Soooo, I dunno if they paid off the actors who’s clips were used, or if they had different contracts than the others...but hopefully Spooky can include show clips of Jerry/Summer/Beth at least.

I guess every scenario is different. I was certainly only thinking about his already recorded show lines, not new stuff. I remember TSPP only had Dan, Nancy and Hank stuff, but stuff like BM66 has stuff from almost all actors, but not every single one, of course. Hmmm. I'm certain Pickle Rick mode is awesome without Danny's lines. Only really mentioned it since the Spooky guys did on their video.

#10021 4 years ago

I guess every scenario is different. I was certainly only thinking about his already recorded show lines, not new stuff. I remember TSPP only had Dan, Nancy and Hank stuff, but stuff like BM66 has stuff from almost all actors, but not every single one, of course. Hmmm. I'm certain Pickle Rick mode is awesome without Danny's lines. Only really mentioned it since the Spooky guys did on their video.

Yea, they have lots of guest stars that hit 1 episode, probably a lot of hassle and money to get them to use their stuff on the game. Who knows though, we might get a surprise.

Curious who the announcer voice is during the mode in that new stream (I forget what it was, but lots of talking as you progress). It didn't sound like Justin's normal voice.

#10022 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, they have lots of guest stars that hit 1 episode, probably a lot of hassle and money to get them to use their stuff on the game. Who knows though, we might get a surprise.
Curious who the announcer voice is during the mode in that new stream (I forget what it was, but lots of talking as you progress). It didn't sound like Justin's normal voice.

That's likely Justin also.

#10023 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

The Sanctum will have one.

Congratulations. Can you share your number?

Or pm it .
I need to get over to you guys soon!

#10024 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Gotta love our community[quoted image]

Prime Douche!

#10025 4 years ago
Keep Going (resized).jpgKeep Going (resized).jpg
#10026 4 years ago

Ok I've read over 10,000 post on this forum. I'm now going to wait on the "Club Forum" to open. I've only watched 2 minutes of game play. I had to see the multiball playfield search light. That was off the chain. Now set back and wait on my game to be built.

#10027 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm surprised you posted it without any mention of where it came from. Jeff Parsons of the Pinball Players podcast is the narrator for "Roy: A Life Well Lived".

#10028 4 years ago

Paging TigerLaw - you’ve got the keys right? We have video proof of game one delivery. Time to make good on unlocking Scott’s club thread.

9E361CE9-9B38-4245-8DBC-ACE91AB15CEF (resized).jpeg9E361CE9-9B38-4245-8DBC-ACE91AB15CEF (resized).jpeg
#10029 4 years ago

In before the lock? Lol
I don't think they have officially shipped a game...yet .

#10030 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In before the lock? Lol
I don't think they have officially shipped a game...yet .

I dunno, man. Kinda sounds like personal delivery to me. That’s the ultimate shipping arrangement. That game at Adult Swim isn’t going back to the factory. If the next game gets picked up in person, technically that wasn’t “shipped” either.

#10031 4 years ago

haha, funny how we are forced to watch this shitty show because we want to see some rick and morty pinball

#10032 4 years ago

Was a little letdown getting my coffee and breakfast ready today, thinking I was about to see an actual pinball stream, but actually it being handheld camera from a shoulder view almost. But thats no complaint against Spooky, for them its spreading the word, and we will probably get some professional streams soon. Was just expecting more than the show actually was

Will keep my thoughts on the game until a proper stream is done!

#10033 4 years ago

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........

This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"

1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
2. Magna Save: again, a cool idea, but NOTHING new
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
5. three flippers (extra 45 bucks for the third flipper, if not less)
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA

Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?

I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.

I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.

I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.

Best Regards,

The one and only BOSS HOG

#10034 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. Interesting and Revelatory to say the least. Lets just say that THEME is the ONLY reason the game will fetch 7k or 8k, depending on whatever optioned out version any customer will buy of this game. If this were a non licensed theme (ie America's Most Haunted), this game would NEVER sell 200 units, let alone 750 in 4 hours before a full reveal. I suppose this is old news, but actually seeing the game in action is today's topic, so.........
This game is cool because of theme and integration ONLY. Why? Ask yourself "What does this game have to offer on the playfield which is valuable, unique, or engaging and interactive to the player?"
1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game
3. Single Subway (garage to portal eject over left flipper): another cool idea, but NOT new
4. two ramps (plastic, if i remember correctly). the ramps do very little "traveling" or curving, so its kind of Gomez-like in the return to flipper.
6. space ship toy (Kerins said that this was "off the shelf", meaning it was not new for this game, which makes it significantly cheaper than designing and manufacturing a new specific toy for this game only). The toy is on a SPRING (See SW)
7. Horseshoe lock mech. THIS is the thing which seems sort of novel, but certainly not a significant addition mechanically, aesthetically, or otherwise. I will say that the physical lock is pretty dang cool, and I'm glad they got it working well.
8. Scoop in the MIDDLE of the PF. another awkward position for a scoop, like TNA
Considering the foregoing, it is readily apparent that the playfield design is neither exciting, nor novel. There is nothing unique, unconventional, or otherwise ground braking about the design, ball path, or mechs in this game, to say nothing about the true value of any part of it or the sum of its parts. I am disappointed in the layout, and the lack of real mechs or interactive toys on this game. Scott Danesi came on this forum and explained that he wasn't worried about the lack of toys on the game because Modders would come out with stuff we could buy. I respect his honesty, but that does not excuse Spooky from being willfully cheap and refusing to implement creative and value adding mechanical devices to the game. Danesi went on to brag about having 16 opto switches in the game. WOWEEEEE!!! SWITCHES!!!!! that's what we all want more of to make our experience so much more enjoyable!!!! (sarcasm) Why not just include a bag of opto switches for us to play with when we cant be home to play our pinball games?
I really love this show, so i was hoping for more. I am bummed. I have heard it over and over that this playfield is conventional and uninspired, not to mention bereft of any real mechanical, interactive devices to affect gameplay and the ball path. I really wanted this to be Spooky's STEP UP in game design. It is not. It is, however, a fantastic theme integration that they have done. I can't wait to see the screen and hear the callouts. But, we all know, we can just buy seasons one through four to see the show and hear Rick's banter. we don't need to spend 8000 dollars to see the show and hear Rick scream at Morty.
I will hand it to spooky for getting this awesome license, but alas, perhaps the license was too expensive to allow them to really give the customers a robust playfield with more to do and engage.
I don't mean to be a thorn in this thread; i just wanted to share my true reaction. I think any buyer will be thrilled to have this game for their own reasons. My reasons for buying a pinball are at least 65-75% layout and design, which includes what I have discussed is missing in this game. The remainder is a hodge podge of art, theme, and sound. I hope the future owners of this game have a great experience from what the game has to offer. I just know that unless that Playfield gets an overhaul, I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,

you are the Jerriest of all the Jerrys! Congrats, the weekend has not even started and you win!

Pretty obvious from your diatribe that you actually really want this game and are hoping to sway public opinion to find a spot.
Good luck in your hunt Jerry, I hope you find what you are looking for.

#10035 4 years ago

Best Regards,

And with this huge explanation, I guess this game isn’t for you. Anymore discussion from you will be pure trolling. With that, please exit the thread. Thank you.

Menifee, CA......Hello @greenhornet

#10036 4 years ago

everyone is entitled to their opinion.

#10037 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Menifee, CA......Hello greenhornet

if not greenhornet... then that city needs to get its water supply checked. Bad case of assholics seems to be taking over there.
I hope they can get it under control Morty.

#10038 4 years ago

So that reveal stream on Cartoon Network was terrible by pinball people standards, but fantastic from "advancing the hobby" standards. That was not geared towards us, but it did get pinball back out in front of a new younger audience, however small. I even heard shoutouts to pinside and pinballmap.com for figuring out where pins were on location! Can't hurt the operators. I'm sure we will get a pinside oriented stream sometime in the next few weeks. Way to go Spooky for getting pinball out in front of more people and doing a service to operators everywhere. The pinball machine looked good too!

#10039 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:1. a pop bumper sling shot: Cool idea, but far from original, novel, or significant value added to the game

Put all that together and you have one of the best pins ever made .

#10040 4 years ago

Best Regards,

You are to some degree right. The playfield and mechs are nothing you gasp about. It´s not woz or jjp potc.
However it comes with the best light and sound guy, assets, assets, assets. Great theme for pinball. Funny, witty, etc.
I think it will be awesome.

#10041 4 years ago

I just watched the SMB show on the Adult Swim web channel. I am not going to be owning one any time soon.
Best Regards,

Im not interested in your opinion. You talk like a meglomaniac and it makes me cringe.

I condensed your comment for you and everyone else.

#10042 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The playfield and mechs are nothing you gasp about. It´s not woz or jjp potc.

I like playing pinball not working on them .

#10043 4 years ago

Best Regards,

Feel better now?

#10044 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like playing pinball not working on them .

It´s not mandatory for advanced mechs to break easily.

#10045 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I condensed your comment for you and everyone else.

I didn't even get halfway through , I've read over 10000 posts I'm not going to read a post that long especially when it starts off being full of crap .

#10046 4 years ago

that adult swim show was definitely... something. I love the odd and weird, I watch robot chicken religiously, Loved Tim and Eric. I can't tell if stupid morning bullshit is trying to look amateur to be cool, or if it's just really low budget with barely educated hosts running an online show. I mean clearly there are very polished youtube channels that far exceed this quality (sidenote: it really sucks that they use green screen so much, the cabinet and playfield looked like crap until they finally turned it off). I also hate when people say "pinball is back!".. Umm, it never went away, and it's been booming up in popularity for 8 years or more.

With that said, hopefully they have a decent audience and some non-pinball people watched and were intrigued.

#10047 4 years ago

Best Regards,

Don’t ruin the happiest thread on pinside. Go do something productive.

#10048 4 years ago

btw, has anyone broken the news to o-din that sally from adult swim's SMBS show is married?

#10049 4 years ago

The topper is pretty cool in action.

#10050 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

The topper is pretty cool in action.

I noticed too the space ship sort of "lifts" on the side to shake it...Gotta wonder how the shaker motor with fit into the game play too....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
9,300 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.