20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 246.
#9751 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Well it looks great. But seems to have no flow. They bricked a lot of shots. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be a bad game. Everything else about the game is stellar!

ya I saw that too... they had a really hard time hitting anything with that upper flipper

Quoted from o-din:

I just read thru some of that thread. Wow! They aren't just complaining about that, but some have copped a super holier than thou attitute. They sound worse than the ones they are complaining about.
Glad I ordered Rick and Morty instead. This is a way funner crowd.

dude, have you read this thread? you want to talk about holier than thou... it's a bunch of "HERR DERP STERN SUCKS HERR HERRRR STRANGER THINGS IS A PIECE OF $H!%" circle jerk

so bring on the downvotes because nobody in either thread seems to be self-aware

#9752 4 years ago

Go easy on him, probably having a bad day.

The truth does hurt sometimes, too...

#9753 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200206-035435 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200206-035435 (resized).jpg
#9754 4 years ago

So, I was under the impression the machine would be streaming on Cartoon Network today at 5 from that video. Unheard of, but I seem to have been mistaken. "Stupid Morning Bullshit" seems to be an online streaming show on adult swim. Episodes seem to be about an hour. Link below.

Looking forward to my game and congrats again spooky.

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/stupid-morning-bullshit

#9755 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I was just being a smart ass, I actually love Troy
I think he knows I do

You were being a smart ass? I guess there's a first for everything.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#9756 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

ya I saw that too... they had a really hard time hitting anything with that upper flipper

dude, have you read this thread? you want to talk about holier than thou... it's a bunch of "HERR DERP STERN SUCKS HERR HERRRR STRANGER THINGS IS A PIECE OF $H!%" circle jerk
so bring on the downvotes because nobody in either thread seems to be self-aware

Stern does suck. Quality is crap. Pros with nothing in them. Untested and incomplete. Coil stops that last 50 games.

And I love stern games. I’ve spent 45k on sterns over last few years. So I have the right to poop on them.

#9757 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the volume of the callouts can be adjusted independently from the background music? Has Spooky ever done this in the past? I really like the music but I would like to hear the callouts clearly (I'm going to need all the help I can get)

#9758 4 years ago

This machine looks awesome!!! I'll probably end up playing it on location [a lot] until we get ours (745 baby!!!). TNA has become one of my favorite machines, hands down...and ACNC is also a fun shooter, but R&M looks like it will be Spooky's best release to date. Huge congratulations to the whole Spooky team on, what is clearly, a super succesful machine. I have no regrets about taking the leap on my first NIB with y'all. Can't wait to wubba lubba dub dub all day!

#9759 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Does anyone know if the volume of the callouts can be adjusted independently from the background music? Has Spooky ever done this in the past? I really like the music but I would like to hear the callouts clearly (I'm going to need all the help I can get)I would assume so, I know you can on JJP and stern. I’m guessing it’s a standard adjustable setting.

#9760 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to clarify... it did not earn well in THAT location.
with ~100 of them still on route currently... it appears that your location is the anomaly?
Did you try it at multiple places?
Also, it could be the entire city of STL that was the problem. They drink busch lite and are not the smartest... TNA is a bit higher tier.

People need to chill. The guy is giving his experience and is still looking to support the company. I’ve been told similar regarding poor performance on route for bars around me. It’s ok guys we don’t need to down vote everyone who doesn’t say something positive.

I think we all know Rick and Morty is going to do wonders for spooky and will no doubt be their best earner both on route and in homes.

#9761 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

fully agree, The game is now up in Chicago and loved a ton now. You know how it is, some things earn well in one place and are useless in another. So with every title, its a risk, Just appears that this one will be easy to find a fan that missed out to have a back up plan . Other games like TNA being an original theme, didn't have that secondary market

Have you decided where you're going to route Rick and Morty yet?

#9762 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

People need to chill. The guy is giving his experience and is still looking to support the company. I’ve been told similar regarding poor performance on route for bars around me. It’s ok guys we don’t need to down vote everyone who doesn’t say something positive.
I think we all know Rick and Morty is going to do wonders for spooky and will no doubt be their best earner both on route and in homes.

The more of these things on location rather than in some dark basement not getting played, the better.

#9763 4 years ago

Obviously the upper flipper shots are super important but need to be shot on the fly. That’s gonna be the make or break shots like the SIM on DI.

#9764 4 years ago

I want to see the garage shot made from the upper flipper.

Show us what you got.

#9765 4 years ago

Time to open the club thread. I have a suspicion the first games are being picked up / delivered this week.

#9766 4 years ago

This is as close to pinball perfection for ME .

#9767 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Time to open the club thread. I have a suspicion the first games are being picked up / delivered this week.

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion and vote that this be designated as the official Club thread, and that the Rick and Morty / Rick and Morty Blood Suckers edition be consolidated to count as one pin for tracking and rating purposes.

#9768 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Obviously the upper flipper shots are super important but need to be shot on the fly. That’s gonna be the make or break shots like the SIM on DI.

Remember sometimes a tough shot or a shot that burns you once in awhile is what makes the game difficult and really keep you coming back for a long time in the home environment. That combined with super deep modes is what keeps them from getting boring a couple months later!

#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion and vote that this be designated as the official Club thread, and that the Rick and Morty / Rick and Morty Blood Suckers edition be consolidated to count as one pin for tracking and rating purposes.

I agree that the R&M editions should be consolidated but I do think an official Club thread is needed to filter out the noise of this thread.

#9770 4 years ago

It should be the club thread because god forbid you say anything negative or have concerns about this game the lynch mob comes out with thier pitch forks.

#9771 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember sometimes a tough shot or a shot that burns you once in awhile is what makes the game difficult and really keep you coming back for a long time in the home environment. That combined with super deep modes is what keeps them from getting boring a couple months later!

There's only room for one pin in my house so this is what I'm hoping for.

#9772 4 years ago

It's hard enough to catch up on this thread , don't want to have to keep an eye on another thread

#9773 4 years ago

Call the club either, C-137 or Wubba lubba dub dub!

#9774 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

Call the club either, C-137 or Wubba lubba dub dub!

Scott already created the club. It's locked until games ship. Time to unlock it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club

#9775 4 years ago

Boy....somebody (me) feels REALLY stupid for not pulling the trigger on sale day. Joined FANG before the R&M info came out, then thought "I can get one later, if I like it."

Whoops, what an idiot....

Feels real bad, man....

#9776 4 years ago

I agree, there should only be 1 club. There is no reason to have separate clubs for the 3 people who wanted to make them clean the paint sprayers just to be a pain.

I jest...but yes, I do think it should just be 1 club since it's all cosmetics.

#9777 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Boy....somebody (me) feels REALLY stupid for not pulling the trigger on sale day. Joined FANG before the R&M info came out, then thought "I can get one later, if I like it."
Whoops, what an idiot....
Feels real bad, man....

I still think that won't be an issue. It's a long wait, and many of these people seem to have little patience or short attention spans. No offense to anyone, life happens.

#9778 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Depends. A tough shot like the hole in one on NGG never gets old and is satisfying to make where as this dribbled back down and just made it look clunky. An inner orbit should be smooth and Scott said it was getting rejected by the spinner so there was something wrong in that video. I don't think anyone made the garage shot from the upper flipper and that is the shot I expected to be challenging in this game.

#9779 4 years ago

Its like bar stool sports pizza reviews 1 bite everybody knows the rules. Here it should be 1 owners club everybody knows the rules. You got it scott!

#9780 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Scott already created the club. It's locked until games ship. Time to unlock it.

Sounds like technically the first game ships today (to adult swim?). Time to open the club

#9781 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Depends. A tough shot like the hole in one on NGG never gets old and is satisfying to make where as this dribbled back down and just made it look clunky. An inner orbit should be smooth and Scott said it was getting rejected by the spinner so there was something wrong in that video. I don't think anyone made the garage shot from the upper flipper and that is the shot I expected to be challenging in this game.

Well they did say the spinner was misaligned which was causing issues with that shot. I also noticed no one made the garage from the left orbit, but just looking at it, it looks like there is no direct line to it except from the upper flipper so timing will be key, and it looks to be pretty tight off that left ramp.

rm-pf (resized).PNGrm-pf (resized).PNG
#9782 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I have a whirlwind and still struggle with the left ramp with the top flippper, it’s friggin hard. And VERY satisfying when I pull it off, every time.

#9783 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I have a whirlwind and still struggle with the left ramp with the top flippper, it’s friggin hard. And VERY satisfying when I pull it off, every time.

I have a Whirlwind, High Speed, and ST:TNG. I have never played a 3 flipper game with an easy 3rd flipper ramp shot. That is what makes it so fun!

#9784 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

you can be a smart ass all you want. my comments wasn't about trying to show off. My comment was about me actually trying to get things for people to play in the public that normally would not get to. Did you buy a Rick and Morty? if so, are you going to put it on route? If not, Ill give you a little lesson. In my area, Spooky games do not earn well. Regardless of how popular we thought the title was going to be. So even though you might get your dick all hard for this title, only thing that matters is if people put money in the coin door. However, I still continue to take the chance. 1st, of course to hopefully make some money, but also to just get pins out

I did buy one, and when it comes next year it’s probably going right to the Western Mass Pinball Club, which is a private collection of games that we open to the public once a week, similar to The Sanctum in CT. I have the majority of my collection there. Hope that’s cool enough for you, and if a meme got you that worked up, it’s Pinside, bro. The world is a tough place.

A68F944B-2D94-45B2-B95A-A9AE736EB51A (resized).jpegA68F944B-2D94-45B2-B95A-A9AE736EB51A (resized).jpeg3C3E9D09-49FB-4CA0-9238-9ECA3EBE4033 (resized).jpeg3C3E9D09-49FB-4CA0-9238-9ECA3EBE4033 (resized).jpeg
#9785 4 years ago

I have a Whirlwind, High Speed, and ST:TNG. I have never played a 3 flipper game with an easy 3rd flipper ramp shot. That is what makes it so fun!

Like I said before, Whirlwind is a perfect example of how a 3rd flipper shot should be. The WW ramp doesn't reject many shots that are made true, but the timing to nail those shots can change dramatically. So it's challenging but once you get dialed in to the basic timing and setup of the shots you "need" to make (ramp shot to start multiball, etc) to advance in the game, it's easy enough - not gimme-blinfold-easy, but reliable so as not to be frustrating (play better!). By comparison, on the fly ("Ooh millions" multiball chaos) shots can be quite a bit more difficult - but more satisfying as a result. But the 3-way-combo on the same shot? Good freaking luck! I've hit it maybe once per year and it seems most players in the WW club are just as bad... but since it's not a "required" shot and you can enjoy the game without a 3way combo, you feel incredibly accomplished, versus mad at the machine otherwise.

It's all about balance.

#9786 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I want to see the garage shot made from the upper flipper.
Show us what you got.

See you at 5pm then. No promises though I will try

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/stupid-morning-bullshit

#9787 4 years ago

When you travel to a positive points modifier dimension and the main gameplay theme subtly shifts to a bit more amped up version .....

patcha (resized).jpgpatcha (resized).jpg

#9788 4 years ago

After watching the video more time then I like to admit. Is there anyway to shoot it into the garage from the lower right flipper?

#9789 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

After watching the video more time then I like to admit. Is there anyway to shoot it into the garage from the lower right flipper?

No. Your options are: Post pass to the left, or shoot the left ramp, which feeds the upper right.

#9790 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. Your options are: Post pass to the left, or shoot the left ramp, which feeds the upper right.

Perfect! Left ramp works

#9791 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Am I seeing this wrong? The left orbit doesn't go to the garage? It's fed from the left ramp?

#9792 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Am I seeing this wrong? The left orbit doesn't go to the garage? It's fed from the left ramp?

You can't shoot into the far left garage shot from the LOWER right flipper, only the upper right flipper. So if you're on the lower right, you have to get to the upper, and the option for that is the left ramp.

#9793 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can't shoot into the far left garage shot from the LOWER right flipper, only the upper right flipper. So if you're on the lower right, you have to get to the upper, and the option for that is the left ramp.

Okay, misunderstood what you said in the other post.

#9794 4 years ago

First time I’ve ever truly laughed out loud while merely watching a stream. Callouts are huge in pinball.

Adult mode turn off?
External volume option?
(Sorry impossible for me to keep up)

#9795 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well they did say the spinner was misaligned which was causing issues with that shot. I also noticed no one made the garage from the left orbit, but just looking at it, it looks like there is no direct line to it except from the upper flipper so timing will be key, and it looks to be pretty tight off that left ramp.[quoted image]

They were playing it safe and hitting the garage from the right, but you do make a good point and i also noticed this. I think we will need to see a bit more game play to see just how hard the shot will be from the upper flipper to that left garage orbit. IF its to hard and you are always going to go for the right orbit they probably should of put in a catapult shot like on MM. They could of fit it underneath the rick and morty plastic.

#9796 4 years ago

nogoodnames222 Thanks for proving my point

#9797 4 years ago

Man I wish I would have went in on this one. It looks incredible. Light show, music, animations, layout, callouts, everything. I still think I made the right decision by not throwing money on a game I hadn't seen game play on, but after seeing game play I'm kicking myself. Well done Spooky!

#9798 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Only mistake Scott made is not calling it the Wubba Lubba Dub Club. I'm gonna burn my shirt!
IMG_5234 (resized).JPGIMG_5234 (resized).JPG

#9799 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Only mistake Scott made is not calling it the Wubba Lubba Dub Club. I'm gonna burn my shirt!
[quoted image]

Send it to me. I'll burn it for you!

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Or back hand the feed next to right ramp, that brings ball to upper right flipper.
or tap pass to left flipper and hit right orbit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/196?hl=slightlysnaked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.