20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 246.
#9651 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

How many spots you think will go up for sale between now and lets say August? Game looks great but there's still a long wait for most people

#9652 4 years ago

I was going to say "92."

Seriously what's the point of a question like that

#9653 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

what's the point of a question like that

What’s the point of a mechanical pencil?

#9654 4 years ago

I'm going to say there will be more people wanting them than what will be available for sale.

#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

about .005"

#9656 4 years ago

Someone please get Gary a new coffee cup...........he just threw his against the wall.

#9657 4 years ago

Looks great, but thought to make shots.

#9658 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That upper orbit shot looks like the camera shot in TZ that's hit from the upper right flipper...sometimes you hit it, other times it's a brick, just takes some practice.

Usually “brick” refers to just not hitting the shot. I’m referring to clear clean hits - but they’re stopping by the spinner rather than going around the orbit. On FB, Bowen mentioned that the spinner position prob has to be tweaked...that’s prob what was making that happen. Makes sense...if that’s the case, easy fix.

#9659 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They got their dream theme, didn't they? So what are they complaining about.

Basically complaining about anyone who criticizes Stranger Things by Stern. I guess your a troll if you don’t buy an LE and have negative things to say about the game. Drop to your knees and worship Stern or be cast into the lake of fire. I have owned 7 sterns and still own three but only older ones without the playfield issues.

#9660 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

So you can write in outer space and don't have to pack a pencil sharpener.

#9661 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was going to say "92."
Seriously what's the point of a question like that

The same kind of question like "How many do you think are going to stop buying nib with all the QC issues? or How many people you think canceled thier STH order when they saw the stream"

There's a bevy of new games coming very soon and there's a long wait. I think a good amount of spots are going to open up probably more towards the back though

#9662 4 years ago

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

#9663 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I think a good amount of spots are going to open up probably more towards the back though

It’s different this time...it really is...you can smell it in the air

#9664 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

An African or European swallow?

#9665 4 years ago

Is this the first sighting of a spooky rick and morty hoodie At 1:50 in the video?

#9666 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Basically complaining about anyone who criticizes Stranger Things by Stern.

I just read thru some of that thread. Wow! They aren't just complaining about that, but some have copped a super holier than thou attitute. They sound worse than the ones they are complaining about.

Glad I ordered Rick and Morty instead. This is a way funner crowd.

#9667 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Usually “brick” refers to just not hitting the shot. I’m referring to clear clean hits - but they’re stopping by the spinner rather than going around the orbit. On FB, Bowen mentioned that the spinner position prob has to be tweaked...that’s prob what was making that happen. Makes sense...if that’s the case, easy fix.

Yeah it probably just needs a little tweak . When I played the prototype at spooky it would go through fine , I actually found the orbit off the upper flipper to be one of the easier shots in the game ( for me anyways)

#9668 4 years ago

Just watching this now.

This game is real deal. Wow. Love the total package of having the custom speech that actually sounds great and the music, light show, video assets that actually sync and make sense. Layout looks great too.

Holy shit. Spooky has a major hit. So happy I have one coming.

EDIT - after hitting the mystery shot Rick says “how you got this far - that’s the mystery”. Wow - this game is good. Love the thought and effort as it’s genuinely funny.

EDIT 2 - watched the entire thing and literally was laughing with the game. Charlie/Spooky you did it. This game is special. You have a great theme, great layout, great music, great light show, great custom music and then some. Yes it doesn’t have the amazing “toy” but enough cool things like the ship, the magnet save, etc that I’m OK with it. Great job guys. I’m not sure I’ve ever laughed that much while watching a pinball being played (based on its audio alone) and the guys playing it really seemed to be having a great time. There is something just so genuine going on in Wisconsin that I love it. I don’t even want to begin comparing custom speech of this to Stern STh. Great job Spooky

#9669 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just read thru some of that thread. Wow! They aren't just complaining about that, but some have copped a super holier than thou attitute. They sound worse than the ones they are complaining about.
Glad I ordered Rick and Morty instead. This is a way funner crowd.

I wish I ordered one but it’s all good. Happy for those who did.

#9670 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I wish I ordered one but it’s all good. Happy for those who did.

If you are swinging through Montana in 2021, you can flip mine!

#9671 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If you are swinging through Montana in 2021, you can flip mine!

Love Montana. Thanks.

#9672 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It looks like it's actually better to be on the late side of that shot so it gets gently redirected by the lane rather than higher up and straight against the far wall. Smacking it against that wall then the spinner looks to kill all momentum.

Definitely going to be a tough shot but it looks rewarding. The theme may draw people in on route but the difficulty of that shot seems made for people at home.

#9673 4 years ago

Ohhh man, this looks so good! I'll agree, the upper flipper looked pretty rough to shoot from, but I'm not overly concerned about it if it made it through the whitewood stage. Game might need a little bit of level adjustment, players might just not be in the zone for those shots, etc.

As everyone has mentioned, the sound and integration with the theme is fantastic! Usually watching gameplay video brings me back down to reality a bit, but I'm in the same spot now as I was when I saw the playfield for the first time. Can't wait until mine gets here!

#9674 4 years ago

SDTM just dropped a video of STH LE unboxing but he did it blindfolded...

I think either he was afraid to see it or was hoping it magically turned into a RM pin when he removed his blind fold!

Cheesiest SDTM video yet...

#9675 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I think either he was afraid to see it or was hoping it magically turned into a RM pin when he removed his blind fold!

When people do things like that, you're really just watching to see if something horrible happens.

#9676 4 years ago

Seen the gameplay review.

+Great sound, lightshow and animations.
Like the danisi 2.0 lock.
Fun gameplay.

-Some clunky and narrow shots like the left yellow spinner lane and the shot right nex from the right ramp.
Some graphics are not aligned under the right ramp?? why?.

Overall great scott Danisi game
Spooky's best game so far.

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

you're really just watching to see if something horrible happens.

And it did! When you consider what came out of that box.

#9678 4 years ago

Here's something I've never heard before (maybe first time anyone said it): "You've advanced your pickle and you started multiball..."

#9679 4 years ago

Can’t wait! #56 will be on location at the Pinball Garage grand opening mid April. Just north of Cincy for anyone wanting to stop by and play!!

#9680 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

can you get any more cheesier ????

#9681 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

can you get any more cheesier ????

He could have dressed up as "L" and put fake blood dripping down his nose.

#9682 4 years ago

Can not wait for this game. #284 can’t get here fast enough. My wife and I watched the YouTube video and loved every bit and laughed a lot.

#9684 4 years ago

Thank you all very much for the kind words! Just an FYI, I can confirm the spinner is jamming the ball in this video that was recorded today due to it not being balanced and resting off center. This is not going to be the case for the production games.
--Scott

#9685 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you all very much for the kind words! Just an FYI, I can confirm the spinner is jamming the ball in this video that was recorded today due to it not being balanced and resting off center. This is not going to be the case for the production games.
--Scott

#fakenews

#9686 4 years ago

--Scott

Great job Scott! Thank you!

#9687 4 years ago

Thank you all very much for the kind words!

No thanks necessary. You guys absolutely killed it on so many levels.
Integration, Music, Lights, Layout...
I am really gonna hate the wait for this to get here, but am very happy I put my 1st NIB faith in (you and the Team at) Spooky.

#9688 4 years ago

Thank you all very much for the kind words!

What a f'ing accomplishment Scott. Congrats - you should be very proud.

#9689 4 years ago

--Scott

Looks amazing brother.
I watched the video multiple times today at work and each time I felt like a kid peeking in his parents closet to see what he was getting for Christmas.

#9690 4 years ago

This is my first Spooky, and what a breath of fresh air! The game will be (I'm sure) fantastic, but the hype will eventually die down - like every game does. However, I own 5 Sterns, 3 CGCs, and 2 JJPs, and have never had so much faith that the people making the game actually really care about it. That is what is most important to me - not just another machine to get out the door, but commitment, dedication, and excitement (plus the best theme in a long time).

Nothing bad about any of the other companies, it just feels like a lot of great people truly invested their passion into this machine.

#9691 4 years ago

Is that end game music the same people who did the music for The Binding of Isaac?

EDIT: n/m I forgot that was from an episode, and I still have the same question.

#9692 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that end game music the same people who did the music for The Binding of Isaac?
EDIT: n/m I forgot that was from an episode, and I still have the same question.

It’s the Evil Morty Song.
BTW, the score for this show is amazing.

#9693 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s the Evil Morty Song.
BTW, the score for this show is amazing.

I understand what it is, but that doesn't answer the question. It sounds exactly like something from whoever did the music for the video game The Binding of Isaac.

#9694 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I understand what it is, but that doesn't answer the question. It sounds exactly like something from Binding of Isaac.

"For the Damaged Coda" by Blonde Redhead

#9695 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The light show before the multiball is insane! TheNoTrashCougar is a rockstar! Spooky is the coolest place in pinball!

The spotlight effect totally blew my mind!

Mystery Ball
Rick: How you got this far, that's the fucking mystery

#9696 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I understand what it is, but that doesn't answer the question. It sounds exactly like something from whoever did the music for the video game The Binding of Isaac.

Gotcha, not exactly sure.
I went down this rabbit hole on YouTube a few weeks ago and found that a lot of the music was done by Ryan Elder (at least the music score kind of stuff that’s not bands like Mazzy Star, Chaos Chaos etc.)
http://www.ryaneldermusic.com/bio

#9697 4 years ago

Happy to hear that loop won't be as difficult as it looked in the vid. Still seems to be a tough shot but that's good imo

#9698 4 years ago

Okay they are different creators apparently, but this is what I was referring to. Probably just the similar synth patch. There's a small snippet somewhere that sounds alot like whats in Rick and Morty. (but I couldn't find it).

#9699 4 years ago

Pin looks great Spooky and Scott!
Note to other manufacturers out there. Spooky is on its way up and The Heat Is On.

#9700 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Pin looks great Spooky and Scott!
Note to other manufacturers out there. Spooky is on its way up and The Heat Is On.

Theme integration.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/194?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.