20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 246.
#9601 4 years ago

Congrats to Scott D. for upping his game!
Well done team Spooky! Huge success!

I approve this message.
-mof

#9602 4 years ago

Watching the gameplay video makes me so glad that I'm in from the start, and after this gets shown on Cartoon Network, the ones that are in to flip must be rubbing their fingers together once the non-pinball watchers of the Bullshit Breakfast show see the announcement.

#9603 4 years ago

Well, I guess I'll be the first to take a slightly negative look at the game..

Yes, like everyone else.. obvious great use/incorporation of assets..and light show/call outs/ all ready good code..
But does anyone else think the pf is fairly empty?.. I'll watch some more ..
but not much pop bumper action.. nothing really to hit but typical ramp shots a single scoop and a loop or two?..

Not trying to be harsh.. The Ricky and Morty part is great!.. just wander about game play..

EDIT: Well never mind a bit.. just saw the Charlie layout explanation again and see more interactive functions that I didn't see today's video..

#9604 4 years ago

I always appreciated how Ghostbusters was a very good integrated theme. This blows it away.

#9605 4 years ago

I should’ve bought two of these....

#9606 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The Slam Save sounded awesome and this video proved it: it will save you from a true burn but the timing is short enough to keep you on your toes and limit it to true actual burns. Looks perfect to me!
And to temper my earlier comments, I'm not meaning them to be negative... I like a shot that takes time to learn and isn't necessarily "easy", and I know they know better than to make a RAZA clunkfest. I agree pinball should be challenging... but I don't think everyone should have to be Bowen-level either to enjoy the game - 95% of us are mere mortals after all. So I'm just expressing hope that there is a good medium sweet-spot in this case.

People can still enjoy each pin to a certain degree depending on how fleshed out the code is to make easier shots rewarding in game progression.

This design isn’t by any means an easy design to handle. I think it’ll be tough for advanced players and be brutal for average players. Upper flipper is meant to send the ball horizontal, which causes chaos. Pop bumper as a sling is typically tough to deal with since it’s sending the ball in various directions. This is even more intriguing since the pop is powerful enough to send the ball vertical at a quick enough pace to complete shots.

If someone isn’t a control player, it’s gonna be short game times for vast majority of these type of players.

#9607 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

But does anyone else think the pf is fairly empty?.. I'll watch some more ..
but not much pop bumper action.. nothing really to hit but typical ramp shots a single scoop and a loop or two?..

Scott described the shots and the rationale behind them in a several interviews. He was designing a more open game with longer shots.

But I did notice:"
Nobody really attempted to make use of the Stand-Ups, the Meeseeks shot or the direct flip to the pop bumper.

Not being harsh, but there were only 1-2 decent balls shown. Charlie looked like he might have rocked pickle Rick Mode...but I am almost glad they left that out for the longer vids.

It's going to be a long and cruel summer. But I couldn't be more excited to get a game than I am for this one.

#9608 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Well it looks great. But seems to have no flow. They bricked a lot of shots. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be a bad game. Everything else about the game is stellar!

To be fair, I’ve bricked every shot I’ve made at the Demogorgon.

#9609 4 years ago

I brick shots on...pretty much everything. For as long as I've been playing pinball, I'm still a shitty player

#9610 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

My curiosity is peaked just for the sheer challenge of trying to play this game. I’m not a fan of the ball save from the pop bumper, but it is what it is. What I am a fan of is it looks and plays like a tough player and will be a fun challenge. Tight shots, get punished for playing on the fly too much, a need bar extreme ball control and flipper skills, looks like a lot of good times ahead.

What do you know anyway, Muriel?

#9611 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

OOH WEE! GREAT JOB SPOOKY!! Thanks for sharing!! Its gonna be difficult to wait 8 months.. I need a Meeseeks to help me find a local place to play before then.

me: mr. meeseeks, get me my rick and morty pinball machine sooner!

mr. meeseeks: can do!

#9612 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I brick shots on...pretty much everything. For as long as I've been playing pinball, I'm still a shitty player

I hear ya! Me too!

I hope I can increase the slam save to be longer because I’m gonna need it!

#9613 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

To be fair, I’ve bricked every shot I’ve made at the Demogorgon.

To be fair again, I took one look at that stupid thing and walked away.

#9614 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What do you know anyway, Muriel?

Murray - El

#9615 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There’s upset people on the Stranger Things owners party thread about the criticism on pinside lmao.

#9616 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

to be fair, you do know stupid

#9617 4 years ago

that is still cracking me up...it will be a while before I drop that one.

#9618 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

There’s upset people on the Stranger Things owners party thread about the criticism on pinside lmao.

They got their dream theme, didn't they? So what are they complaining about.

#9619 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They got their dream theme, didn't they? So what are they complaining about.

I have an LE, the pin is a lot of fun. Trolling is not fun so that's probably the only real complaint. It's a club thread, following the rules isn't hard. :p

#9620 4 years ago

Okay, this is how you do theme integration.

#9621 4 years ago

Finally got to watch. There is full LED lighting everywhere... to include the GI! Did anyone else notice the sling and pop bumper were "shots" that had to be made during one of the modes? They turned purple like targets. Brilliant!

#9622 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally got to watch. There is full LED lighting everywhere... to include the GI! Did anyone else notice the sling and pop bumper were "shots" that had to be made during one of the modes? They turned purple like targets. Brilliant!

I thought that was genius. Kind of expected it with TNA's bumper being a shot for reactors, but this is even cooler.

#9623 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yea I made that comment, was wondering if anything like that has been done before (on slings near flippers anyway).

#9624 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have an LE, the pin is a lot of fun. Trolling is not fun so that's probably the only real complaint. It's a club thread, following the rules isn't hard. :p

to be fair, you don’t have to pay extra for the neatest part on this game. The is only one version of fun in terms of gameplay.

#9625 4 years ago

This game is fucking amazing.

One Screw Turn, Two Screw Turns, Spooky... hurry up and make these so I can play it!

Nice job already team Spooky!

Scott, your sophomore effort is a grand slam dunk touchdown!
Audio is killer
Programming already looking really good Eric!
Light show is WTF WOW!
David's animation integration is the industry standard once again! Seriously!

#9626 4 years ago

Couldn't be happier with how this is looking

noobnoob (resized).pngnoobnoob (resized).png
#9627 4 years ago

I talked myself out of ordering one the day they dropped. I already feel regret.

#9628 4 years ago

Honestly ... after owning pinball machines for 30 years, I don’t get impressed by much these days.

But the theme integration and the audio/visual of the game in that video is amazing. The video in that Whirly Dirly mode was awesome.

“Godddamn Morty you little piece of shit!!” Classic.

And this is the launch code ....

rd

#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And this is the launch code ....

"I gotta hand it to you, Jerry - This was a solid idea!"

#9630 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t get impressed by much these days.

That's why I do what I do when I'm in the garage.

#9631 4 years ago

I knew nothing about Rick and Morty prior to the announcement by spooky. Watched 15 minutes of that video today and I’m upset I didn’t throw down on one.

#9632 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's why I do what I do when I'm in the garage.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#9633 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Watched 15 minutes of that video today and I’m upset I didn’t throw down on one.

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
#9634 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I knew nothing about Rick and Morty prior to the announcement by spooky. Watched 15 minutes of that video today and I’m upset I didn’t throw down on one.

I’m upset I didn’t throw down on two!
And NO, not to flip, to put on a location.

#9635 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

to be fair, you don’t have to pay extra for the neatest part on this game. The is only one version of fun in terms of gameplay.

totally agree, which is why I can't wait until #284 is in the house - can't get here soon enough!

#9636 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Couldn't be happier with how this is looking[quoted image]

Same here glad i was able to snag one

#9637 4 years ago

Even the custom credit call outs....

“Nice, a pair of Mortys. Might be fun, I guess”

“I tell you what, 3 Mortys. That’s never a crowd you know.”

#9638 4 years ago

Light-show and music are off the charts.

Theme integration with call outs and clips is as good as it gets from what I've seen so far.

Fresh layout. Love the passion of the team, and it's showing in what they are creating.

#9639 4 years ago

Holy crap! This machine is freaking AMAZING! It hits and innovates on so many levels.

* Theme integration
* Over the top light show
* Great, theme-based soundtrack that enhances gameplay
* Fast, furious gameplay with challenging objectives
* Innovative use of playfield mechs

We all thought four hours was a fast sellout. Can you imagine the level of pre-sale chaos if Spooky had released a teaser video like this prior to launch? I have a year to wait and already I suspect that I might have my next bolted to the floor game incoming.

#9640 4 years ago

Sensory overload. As it should be.

#9641 4 years ago

Gosh, I am doing my best not to watch the video, I want everything to be new the first time I play it...but this is going to be hard!

#9642 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I am doing my best not to watch the video, I want everything to be new the first time I play it...but this is going to be hard!

I am avoiding streams too, but this was only 15 minutes...and from the look of it there is a LOT more content in the game left to uncover.

#9643 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

7A63421D-42FC-4D84-9EF1-72DE9C7E5F42 (resized).jpeg7A63421D-42FC-4D84-9EF1-72DE9C7E5F42 (resized).jpeg
#9644 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dude, just do it. It’ll feel sooooo good.

Seriously, don’t deprive yourself, enjoy it, life is grand!

#9645 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am avoiding streams too, but this was only 15 minutes...and from the look of it there is a LOT more content in the game left to uncover.

But you watched it yeah!!? I had to lol. I don’t think I need to see any more but I don’t know if I can resist seeing this streamed on a major TV network. Has this been done before?

#9646 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

...but this is going to be hard!

That's what she said

#9647 4 years ago

I can’t wait! Now that my wife claimed ACNC with the latest score (blew up the score), I need this! This is such an awesome pin! Don’t understand not watching every stream, but each to their own. Watching streams helps me figure out the rules.

#9648 4 years ago

Best light show in pinball.

Congrats Spooky - looks like a knockout.

#9649 4 years ago

I watched about 2 minutes of it and that is enough until it gets here. I am a very patient man.

Of course 2 minutes is about as long as I can watch any pinball video.

#9650 4 years ago

How many spots you think will go up for sale between now and lets say August? Game looks great but there's still a long wait for most people

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 13,500.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/193?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.