New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,226 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by waynetrane
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg
FE3A164D-037F-4AE0-BFCA-87EC4C289195 (resized).jpeg
FF6BC0D2-EF05-426A-A34F-479FC011E190 (resized).jpeg
09B37974-E19D-4997-B4A9-6D8FA28E29A6 (resized).jpeg
74AA2FAE-392C-4432-BCA3-695A2FBD97B5 (resized).jpeg
96700C97-8906-4F9A-9B9C-7135080B2D32 (resized).jpeg
7AFA7B68-BB6D-4D80-855E-2B9D8B20678D (resized).jpeg
30FB9493-A13A-4DDA-89B2-3A48E05C2CF2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12226 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 245.
#9551 8 months ago

The LEDs flanking the timer....pretty cool

#9552 8 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Every time Rick says Boom muther fucker, I seriously laugh out loud.

That's where the genius of the "profanity slider" comes in. Set it low enough and those shots will be sanguine amusing stuff until all of a sudden "BOOM, MOTHERFUCKER!"

HAHAHA I can't wait!

#9553 8 months ago

Thread will explode as soon as all the workers and people who've been waiting for news finally see the video.

#9554 8 months ago

Yeah that searchlight multiball start light show was amazing

#9555 8 months ago

Looks like a home run. Stellar assets, but i guess it was coming, since there even was a rick and morty pinball trailer.

Well done spooky.

#9556 8 months ago

Can't wait for mine to come..Ill be watching a lot of videos in the coming months...good job Spooky!

#9557 8 months ago

One screw turn.... Match sequence is great. Call outs are fantastic from the start, what a concept!

#9558 8 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

That's where the genius of the "profanity slider" comes in. Set it low enough and those shots will be sanguine amusing stuff until all of a sudden "BOOM, MOTHERFUCKER!"
HAHAHA I can't wait!

Yes, I totally agree, that random one that comes out of nowhere will be very gratifying and FUNNY

#9559 8 months ago

Looks & sounds amazing! My one concern is the upper flipper orbit shot - seems like it often bricked or rolled back. That should be a smooth shot like The Shadow that just sucks the ball right in. Any chance of tweaking at the factory that to flow better?

#9560 8 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This game makes Stern Stranger Things look like absolute garbage.

Stranger Things did a good job of that all by itself.

#9561 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks & sounds amazing! My one concern is the upper flipper orbit shot - seems like it often bricked or rolled back. That should be a smooth shot like The Shadow that just sucks the ball right in. Any chance of tweaking at the factory that to flow better?

Agreed... that was my one point of concern: "If the guys who designed and made this and have played more than anyone still can't make that shot, what's the problem?" I'm all for challenges and perhaps a learning curve but there were several times it looked sure and just... didn't.

Should be like Whirlwind: WW's upper flipper shot is the perfect balance of just tricky enough given certain speeds, from easy sure thing at a setup, to difficult on the fly at times, to damn-near-impossible (ever hear the 3-way-combo alarm? You won't very often)!

#9562 8 months ago

That upper orbit shot looks like the camera shot in TZ that's hit from the upper right flipper...sometimes you hit it, other times it's a brick, just takes some practice.

#9563 8 months ago

Love the match scene. Code looks killer Eric! Good job Spooky.

#9564 8 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It looks so wicked!

Just watched the footage again with my air pods (but still only on my phone) the sound is so f’ing cool!!!

I can’t wait to get home and watch this on my 65” tv and the sound going through my surround speakers!

I can tell my subwoofer will be working OT. The bass on this pin is crazy.

#9565 8 months ago

"If the guys who designed and made this and have played more than anyone still can't make that shot, what's the problem?"

To be fair, the designer wasn't playing the game. I think Charlie will be the first to tell you that Bug, David, and himself are NOT Bowen level players. Its way too early to criticize the layout.

#9566 8 months ago

I'm not even on the pre-order and this game looks fantastic! I was laughing my ass off on the call outs, I couldnt stop. LOL Great job to everyone at Spooky on this home run game!

#9567 8 months ago

Agreed... that was my one point of concern: "If the guys who designed and made this and have played more than anyone still can't make that shot, what's the problem?" I'm all for challenges and perhaps a learning curve but there were several times it looked sure and just... didn't.

Scott describes the Upper Flipper Shots on several Podcasts. He lives on our tears, you know?

#9568 8 months ago

Top 3 spot on pinside top 100 and it stays there. Period...

Time to blow the dust off the existing top three..

“Spooky Pinball just walked on water with this one!”

#9569 8 months ago

It's time to get schwifty in here. Bring on Scary Terry!

68xcqmjbzkkz (resized).jpg
#9570 8 months ago

Looks like a fun game!!!! All positives except concerns on the mentioned orbit shot, Thumbs up! Streamed on Adult Swim... That’s legits! They must be proud of it! I will be when it shows up.! That’s a game right there!

#9571 8 months ago

"Concerns over an orbit shot"

First world problems.

#9572 8 months ago
Quoted from Airball:

Top 3 spot on pinside top 100 and it stays there. Period...
Time to blow the dust off the existing top three..

Why stop there? Let's just make it #1 and crown it the king that will never be topped based on a 15 minute video.

#9573 8 months ago
Quoted from Airball:

Possibly the best description ever

Amen

#9574 8 months ago

@Sternpinball

F555019B-E3F3-43EE-9C37-424EE5C83EF4 (resized).jpeg

Spooky Pinball.... the BEST pinball company PERIOD!

#9575 8 months ago

I'm headed to the back office to watch this. Might get squanchy in here.

#9576 8 months ago

Hold up,

I just went back and watched this again...
It looks incredible. What a fun looking game. Wow...

#9577 8 months ago

#257 checking in. Can't wait for it to arrive. I am going for the full set of options including the 'butter cabinet'. I'm thinking a Christmas arrival but hoping for much sooner. The game just looks awesome and 'full of fun'. It will be a great add to my collection because it is quite unique. Super job Spooky!

#9578 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Stranger Things did a good job of that all by itself.

to be fair, Stern will have released 6 more titles by the time I get my R&M

#9579 8 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That upper orbit shot looks like the camera shot in TZ that's hit from the upper right flipper...sometimes you hit it, other times it's a brick, just takes some practice.

You can see bug hit it more or less smoothly a couple times at 3:25. Looks like everyone else is just slow on hitting it, hence the bricks. None of them had very good games, so probably can reserve judgment on that shot for now.

#9580 8 months ago

I love that the kalaxian crystals light up.

#9581 8 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

to be fair, Stern will have released 6 more titles by the time I get my R&M

To be fair, they could do seven and I still wouldn't buy any of them.

#9582 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bug hit it, Charlie’s timing was late. Others weren’t clean feed along rail...she may be completely fine...watch it again.

#9583 8 months ago

FOMO is strong with this one! Looks really good,wish I would have got in on this!

#9584 8 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

she may be completely fine.

She will be. Don't mess with it.

#9585 8 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just watched the stream for like a fourth time.

That spotlight is ridiculous

#9586 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, they could do seven and I still wouldn't buy any of them.

And, if you do buy a stern pin because you love the theme and they make a good game (not Stranger Things) you buy it knowing it’s going to be built poorly and not very reliable. It sucks.

#9587 8 months ago
Quoted from canea:

You can see bug hit it smoothly a couple times at 3:25. Looks like everyone else is just slow on hitting it, hence the bricks. None of them had very good games, so probably can reserve judgment on that shot for now.

I wasn't complaining or passing a negative or positive judgement, as a prior owner of TZ, I was saying that the shot reminded me of a shot that's hit with the upper right flipper, and sometimes you got it, and other times you don't. Not ALL shots need to be easy.

#9588 8 months ago

Didn’t see anyone hit it up to the garage from the upper flipper. Guessing that’s the toughest shot. Was hoping to see the ball enter the garage and shoot out the lower scoop.

#9589 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Concerns over an orbit shot"
First world problems.

I just added an addition to my limited edition box under a bridge home for this pin. Great bonus is the game comes with it's own extra bedroom.
box (resized).jpg

#9590 8 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I wasn't complaining or passing a negative or positive judgement, as a prior owner of TZ, I was saying that the shot reminded me of a shot that's hit with the upper right flipper, and sometimes you got it, and other times you don't. Not ALL shots need to be easy.

Totally agree - just grabbed your comment as it referenced that shot. Upper flipper shots are generally difficult to get the timing on. This one reminds me of the 2-3 shots in TSPP. Hitting Treehouse ramp is still a challenge particularly the faster the game is.

#9591 8 months ago

My curiosity is peaked just for the sheer challenge of trying to play this game. I’m not a fan of the ball save from the pop bumper, but it is what it is. What I am a fan of is it looks and plays like a tough player and will be a fun challenge. Tight shots, get punished for playing on the fly too much, a need bar extreme ball control and flipper skills, looks like a lot of good times ahead.

#9592 8 months ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I’m not a fan of the ball save from the pop bumper

Well, it has to be lit and it looks fast as hell. I don't think there's much grace time on it.

#9593 8 months ago

CONGRATS SPOOKY.... the Game is going to live up to the hype!..
looks like a lot of fun. Animations clips are well intergraded. lights+ sounds shots are awesome!!!!!!!!!...

#9594 8 months ago

Just joining the choir here, but man does this game look fun. Amazing clips, light show, and callouts, complete-looking code, unique layout- I absolutely cannot wait to try this.

#9595 8 months ago
e3c (resized).jpg
#9596 8 months ago

I cant wait to see the non pinball adult swim watching rick and morty loving community see this on TV tomorrow and go apeshit

#9597 8 months ago

OOH WEE! GREAT JOB SPOOKY!! Thanks for sharing!! Its gonna be difficult to wait 8 months.. I need a Meeseeks to help me find a local place to play before then.

#9598 8 months ago

The Slam Save sounded awesome and this video proved it: it will save you from a true burn but the timing is short enough to keep you on your toes and limit it to true actual burns. Looks perfect to me!

And to temper my earlier comments, I'm not meaning them to be negative... I like a shot that takes time to learn and isn't necessarily "easy", and I know they know better than to make a RAZA clunkfest. I agree pinball should be challenging... but I don't think everyone should have to be Bowen-level either to enjoy the game - 95% of us are mere mortals after all. So I'm just expressing hope that there is a good medium sweet-spot in this case.

#9599 8 months ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I cant wait to see the non pinball adult swim watching rick and morty loving community see this on TV tomorrow and go apeshit

Too bad there won't be any for them to buy.

Pre-order spot 10k by Christmas?

#9600 8 months ago

Well it looks great. But seems to have no flow. They bricked a lot of shots. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be a bad game. Everything else about the game is stellar!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 12226 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside