20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 246.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

was thinking that you could pick Rick or Morty as your 'player

But what if I want to play as Sleepy Gary?

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

Pickle Rick is the only episde I seen so far and am worried I set the bar too high cause it was such a good one. Hopefully the others are just as good if not better.

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm 51.... the show started with 1 employee who couldn't stop talking about it a couple years back. He got our son (Bug) to watch a couple episodes... he got me to watch a couple episodes.
Been hooked ever since. Is it crass and silly at times? Yep. I'm not that mature so works on me. It's also some of the wildest and most intelligent sci-fi writing you've ever seen.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!! Glad my kids are old enough to enjoy it with me... or do I enjoy it with them?! Lol.
PICKLE RIIIIIICCCK!!!!!!!!!!

SpookyCharlie I will also be 51 next month and I am super stoked for this pinball. My 20 yr old pinball loving daughter also loves this show.
Can't wait to get our machine!!!!!!

#854 4 years ago

How the hell is this thread at 17 pages (er, 18 now?) with nobody seeing the most *obvious* R&M - Pinball crossover mode:

BALL FONDLERS MULTIBALL

BF (resized).jpgBF (resized).jpg

Hell yeah! We're ALL ball fondlers!

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I really hope there is a pickle Rick mode kill the Cockroaches kill the rats destroy the bad guys and end up at counselling

Be careful what you wish for.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Why only 750?!?

I think you misunderstood. only 750 (first edition runs). unlike some manufacturers, spooky doesn't limit the possibility of running a game another time if the demand is there. TNA had an initial run of 550 but spooky has already stated that just because those 550 games are done, it doesn't preclude another run.

as they are a smaller (boutique) manufacturer, they have been focusing on one machine at a time. that doesn't mean that their business model can't change in the near future.

rumour also has it that they are working on cloning younger versions of bryan kelly, jim mccune and chris hutchins and setting up a clone pinball assembly sweatshop (with alice cooper 1980's tunes being pumped into the factory.

edit: corrected what I wanted to say with regards to the TNA run of 550 units

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think you misunderstood. only 750 (first edition runs). unlike some manufacturers, spooky doesn't limit the possibility of running a game another time if the demand is there. TNA had an initial run of 550 but spooky has already stated that just because those 550 games were production that TNA is done.
as they are a smaller (boutique) manufacturer, they have been focusing on one machine at a time. that doesn't mean that their business model can't change in the near future.
rumour also has it that they are working on cloning younger versions of bryan kelly, jim mccune and chris hutchins and setting up a clone pinball assembly sweatshop (with alice cooper 1980's tunes being pumped into the factory.

750 is it for Rick and Morty

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

When we say 750 is the limit we do not lie. Ever. No bullshit edition. We would remake an entire new rick and morty game from scratch before we ever did that.

The only Spooky (non contracted) game where they left the door open to running more is TNA. AMH, RZ, and AC were all limited edition runs.

#858 4 years ago

How are people not getting that 750 games and that's it.

750 that's it.

Ever.

Ever.

Ever.

750 only.

Ever.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Be careful what you wish for.

Having a cool theme is one thing.but I don't need lots of mechs , as long as it has cool shots , a couple of ramps and orbits , I'll be happy . The thing I would really like is the have lots of modes , like the show , each episode is like a mode ,it is a mission . If the game has lots of modes and is fairly deep I'll be more than happy .

#860 4 years ago

I don't give a fuck about what YOU think....... Jerry

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I don't give a fuck about what YOU think....... Jerry

that's great... I don't even recall that episode...now I have to go back and watch the whole series again....

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

that's great... I don't even recall that episode...now I have to go back and watch the whole series again....

Baby Legs an interdimensional cable bit. They're improv scenes that the animators take and animate with little to no direction.

#863 4 years ago

Spooky sets # of games by how many they know they can make during the timeframe of the license. Licenses are usually 3 years and quite often 1 of them is burnt up developing the game.

Having realistic goals is one of the big reasons they're the only successful boo-tique pinball company. In a way the lower demand for AMH and RZ prevented them from growing too fast and having to deliver more games than they were able.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Having a cool theme is one thing.but I don't need lots of mechs , as long as it has cool shots , a couple of ramps and orbits , I'll be happy . The thing I would really like is the have lots of modes , like the show , each episode is like a mode ,it is a mission . If the game has lots of modes and is fairly deep I'll be more than happy .

Sort of agree - for this machine Call Outs need to be killer!

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

What difference is there from ordering a game straight from Spooky vs a distributor?

I started buying my Spooky games from cranky pinsiders who unbox the game then throw a tantrum on the forum because they can't fix a coin door lock.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You can't go wrong either way but I'd consider it a bonus ordering through Chris at Kingpin games! He is simply the best distributor in the industry.

I'll second that! He didn't even mind me texting him till 2am when Charlie and team dropped this Awesome bomb on us. Fang member and cash in hand with Mr Christopher.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll second that! He didn't even mind me texting him till 2am when Charlie and team dropped this Awesome bomb on us. Fang member and cash in hand with Mr Christopher.

Looking forward to seeing some schwifty Mod Couple mods with this theme!

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Looking forward to seeing some schwifty Mod Couple mods with this theme!

My wife is Already drooling over this game and ideas as she is an avid follow of this great theme.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What is this p-roc memory board leak you speak of? Perhaps you are referring to the computer not the p3roc?

Yes... this is exactly correct. It's not a Proc issue, it's the PC and how it's handling video.

That's where the smarter than me people step in and my eyes get glassy looking when they explain it further.

#870 4 years ago

Until this thread I wasn't really familiar with Rick and Morty. But I gotta admit, that Plumbus clip is really funny! I'll have to check it out. My best wishes to Spooky Pinball!

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

The big issues with cooper are p rock board memory leak stuff. If they iron it out for cooper it’s ironed out for Rick and Morty. And they almost have that issues fixed. It’s not catastrophic either. So all is good. Keep the line moving.

It’s beyond my knowledge level of coding stuff for sure but what basically happens is there is a small memory leak that’s affecting Alice Cooper and after a long period of game being on it loses enough memory to bog the game processes down and eventually crash/lockup the game. Until they figure out how to totally resolve it they have settings in some current beta code revisions that reboot the game after so much memory has leaked or after every game to stop a crash from happening.

Just to clarify on this -- Yes, there is a memory issue with ACNC. It has nothing to do with the controller hardware; it's not a P-ROC issue in any way.

The issue is in the way the software handles video and it's being worked on. Nobody is happy with how long this has taken to squash, but it will get fixed.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

What difference is there from ordering a game straight from Spooky vs a distributor?

The only difference I found was that if I ordered directly from Spooky, I had to pay CA sale tax, but I found a distributor that did not charge the tax. So basically that's what made my decision. I saved about $600 on my ACNC by going through a distributor. The Spooky team is still there behind the machine 100% with amazing customer service!

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The only difference I found was that if I ordered directly from Spooky, I had to pay CA sale tax, but I found a distributor that did not charge the tax. So basically that's what made my decision. I saved about $600 on my ACNC by going through a distributor. The Spooky team is still there behind the machine 100% with amazing customer service!

So basically theres no Wrong way to Spooky! I want this game!!!

#874 4 years ago

Yes... this is exactly correct. It's not a Proc issue, it's the PC and how it's handling video.
That's where the smarter than me people step in and my eyes get glassy looking when they explain it further.

See told you beyond my smarts with computer shit . PC Not ProC

#875 4 years ago

This is why you brought Rick on board, he just happened to have Morty with him.

#876 4 years ago

What percentage of the 750 will be going to speculators?

#877 4 years ago

I wish it were Stern and not Spooky... And only because I would like to see this table hold up to being Routed.. And produced in larger numbers. With that said, I will be buying a gently used, second hand one, in the next year or two.

#878 4 years ago

The big issues with cooper are p rock board memory leak stuff. If they iron it out for cooper it’s ironed out for Rick and Morty. And they almost have that issues fixed. It’s not catastrophic either. So all is good. Keep the line moving.

This is not a fault of the P-ROM boards, OR the CPU that they're running.
It's ALL software.

#879 4 years ago

It's nice to see new machine themes that aren't just the same tired old crap.

Good job Spooky!

#880 4 years ago

I'm 51.... the show started with 1 employee who couldn't stop talking about it a couple years back. He got our son (Bug) to watch a couple episodes... he got me to watch a couple episodes.

#881 4 years ago

I just want the final wizard mode to leave me feeling like this!

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I wish it were Stern and not Spooky... And only because I would like to see this table hold up to being Routed.. And produced in larger numbers. With that said, I will be buying a gently used, second hand one, in the next year or two.

In my opinion Spooky games are every bit as robust if not More then Stern games. Just my opinion.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I really hope there is a pickle Rick mode kill the Cockroaches kill the rats destroy the bad guys and end up at counselling

ooOOOHHHHH YEAAAAAA!!

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I had TNA at my location for about a year. Never an issue besides a rare stuck ball on a plastic.

I have Alice Cooper right now. No issues preventing it from being on location. Has some bugs sure but fine on location. It’s been there since June

#885 4 years ago

I had TNA at my location for about a year. Never an issue besides a rare stuck ball on a plastic.
I have Alice Cooper right now. No issues preventing it from being on location. Has some bugs sure but fine on location. It’s been there since June

Also heard it was in the bank for the 24 hour tourney. As an ACNC owner I'm curious on how it held up with the constant play from top-notch players?

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Warning: you will probably get contacted by the California Use Tax Board & end up having to pay tax anyway. They get copies of all receipts from the shippers...they’ll see a big heavy pinball machine receipt & get on your case. They may let it slip, but just be aware you might have to pay tax.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Warning: you will probably get contacted by the California Use Tax Board & end up having to pay tax anyway. They get copies of all receipts from the shippers...they’ll see a big heavy pinball machine receipt & get on your case. They may let it slip, but just be aware you might have to pay tax.

Well, so far so good. I've shipped several pinball machines to my house over the past several years and never been hit yet. While they get copies of the shipping receipt, they do not get the invoice that has the actual purchase price of the game on it. If and when the tax board becomes aware of the purchase and go to collect the tax, my understanding is they go after the seller who was supposed to collect the tax in the first place. I could be wrong, but that is how it was explained to me. This is why a lot of sellers (including Spooky) are collecting various state taxes at time of purchase so they do not get hit on the back end.

The distributor I use keeps track of various sales to different states and he explained to me that they will come after him once he goes over a certain threshold to a state. He keeps his sales under the various thresholds and he has never been flagged or taxed. When I bought my ACNC, I was the final game he would sell to CA so he did not exceed that threshold. Seems to have worked out for him over the years.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Well, so far so good. I've shipped several pinball machines to my house over the past several years and never been hit yet. While they get copies of the shipping receipt, they do not get the invoice that has the actual purchase price of the game on it. If and when the tax board becomes aware of the purchase and go to collect the tax, my understanding is they go after the seller who was supposed to collect the tax in the first place. I could be wrong, but that is how it was explained to me. This is why a lot of sellers (including Spooky) are collecting various state taxes at time of purchase so they do not get hit on the back end.
The distributor I use keeps track of various sales to different states and he explained to me that they will come after him once he goes over a certain threshold to a state. He keeps his sales under the various thresholds and he has never been flagged or taxed. When I bought my ACNC, I was the final game he would sell to CA so he did not exceed that threshold. Seems to have worked out for him over the years.

Sweet, good to know!

#889 4 years ago

My 21 year old daughter's return phone call when asked if I should buy Rick and Morty.

"Heck Ya! Everybody I know loves that show!"

Do you think 750 will be enough of these?

"No way!"

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My 21 year old daughter's return phone call when asked if I should buy Rick and Morty.
"Heck Ya! Everybody I know loves that show!"

Its funny, Im almost 50 and my 24 year old daughter turned me on to Rick and Morty back in season 1. I watched it on her recommendation and have been hooked ever since. Neither of my stepdaughters had heard of the show when I started watching it and once they got ahold of it, they love it too.

It seems that several of the non-watchers think that the show is for young people and "stoners" (as one person put it). I am neither and love the hell out of the show. I get that it might not be for everyone (my wife cant stand the voices... lol), but if you haven't watched it, give it a shot. I will say that the first episode of season 1 is not the greatest as they were still figuring everything out, but after about 3 or 4 episodes into season 1, they have it pretty polished and it just keeps rolling.

#891 4 years ago

She said there was a lot more buzz about it a couple years ago but it is still very popular.

For those that say young people can't afford these things, she is in her fourth year of college and has a job where she makes more money than I do. Not that she is going to buy it, but her and her friends do go out to places where something like this would definitely catch their attention and it would certainly get played.

#892 4 years ago

For those that are looking for a few good Rick and Morty episodes to get your feet wet, here are some of my faves. Most all episodes are good, but some build upon others.

Season 1:

Meesiks and Destroy (Introduction of Mr. Meesiks)
Rixty Minutes (the first interdemensional cable episode)

Season 2:
Get Schwifty
Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate (the second interdimensional cable episode)

Season 3:
Rickshank Redemption
Pickle Rick (probably one of the most famous and best episodes. Don't recommend watching this one first)
Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender
The Rickchurian Mortydate

#893 4 years ago

I don't necessarily believe this is going to be a gateway game to ownership, but I do think it will be a gateway game for location play.

If I'm an operator, there's 0 chance I'm not putting this out on location. The show has a really strong following, and it's very relevant TODAY (rare). If you're a fan of the show and you see this on location, you're probably going to excitedly plug in some quarters. It's probably going to hold your attention and help you understand that there are goals to complete.

Once that happens, you get them to notice the other machines that probably blended into the background for that population before.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

If I'm an operator, there's 0 chance I'm not putting this out on location. The show has a really strong following, and it's very relevant TODAY (rare).

If I'm an operator, I'm putting one in one of the breweries or night spots where the college kids in my town hang out. There is a rec center in the basement of the local university where I used to play that this would be perfect for.

#895 4 years ago

I don't understand this "kids cant afford it talk". We were all kids... and now we can afford pin's (well most of us). Kids today have more resources than when I was a kid. Also when you say "kid" what age is that? I think of not working <17 and when I was 17 there were no "kids" buying pins. If your talking about Adults in there 20ies I see these young adults driving Mercedes, BMW and Porsches buying rental properties. What makes you think they cant buy a pinball machine? There are more young adults today that could surly afford a pin then when I was growing up. This is also the main demographic (guessing) of R&M. Im 42 and love the show and my oldest daughter loves the show, all her friends love the show and her cousins love the show. Im probably going to get a R&M pin and everyone is going to want to play. Some may want one in there home and ask Dad (this may be you) to get them one. So to answer the question is 750 going to be enough? My answer is No, its not even enough for the bar owners that are going to want one. I don't even know if I should post this...Shit Rick

#896 4 years ago

The way I see it is we've already planted the seed by having our own games they can play. Now give them the themes they can relate to, and the rest will take care of itself.

#897 4 years ago

It's Rick AND Morty. It's not Rick & Morty or Rick + Morty. It's Rick AND Morty. The acronym clearly needs to be RAM, not R&M and certainly not R+M. Let's get that shit straight right now so future searches are improved.

#898 4 years ago

As you make shots "goddamn"

#899 4 years ago

Gotta have a mode in there where you remove the curses from the magical items from Something Ricked this way comes. That was a great episode.

#900 4 years ago

They absolutely will sell out - so I need to be ready to order if the reveal looks at all promising.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/18?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.