20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 246.
#8951 4 years ago

Fang club gear arrived in canada!

20200128_072513 (resized).jpg20200128_072513 (resized).jpg
#8952 4 years ago

The thread may be fine. Let people share neat RM crap. Ask questions, maybe show us where its going in your game rooms. Have a drink. Cheers

#8953 4 years ago

For some reason I never saw this Simpsons/Rick and Morty crossover couch gag from clear back in 2015, linked below for anyone else who missed it:

#8954 4 years ago

Simpson’s Rick and Morty videoclip above is awesome!

#8955 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

For some reason I never saw this Simpsons/Rick and Morty crossover couch gag from clear back in 2015, linked below for anyone else who missed it:

Aparently signifying the outgoing of the old as the new moves into it's place. Natural generational evolution. There are clips describing this. Interesting.

#8956 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Cool thanks!
When i got my DP premium I got a cheapy paper manual (but hey at least it came with one!).
They do also give you plastics to hang with the key. Also I did get all the plastics that were supposed to be on the pro.... which I thought was nice. I think?

Ok you got me curious... Stern included an as you put it "Cheapy paper manual"? Were you expecting tablets of stone or something more special then a manual? lol Many games now only offer a digital download manual. A Cheapy paper manual is actually a plus these days.

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok you got me curious... Stern included an as you put it "Cheapy paper manual"? Were you expecting tablets of stone or something more special then a manual? lol Many games now only offer a digital download manual. A Cheapy paper manual is actually a plus these days.

Exactly. Or with JJP you can BUY a printed manual (that is sure to be out of date in no time flat). Printed manuals are a total Jerry move.

#8958 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:They just came out with the manual for Alice Cooper (with the help of kingpingames). It's a working in progress, but it's a great start. Alice came with 3 different key chains for the coin door keys and some other swag.
Quoted from PunkPin:

4 keychains with ACNC[quoted image]

thanks for the info!

#8959 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Ok you got me curious... Stern included an as you put it "Cheapy paper manual"? Were you expecting tablets of stone or something more special then a manual? lol Many games now only offer a digital download manual. A Cheapy paper manual is actually a plus these days.
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Exactly. Or with JJP you can BUY a printed manual (that is sure to be out of date in no time flat). Printed manuals are a total Jerry move.

Yeah, I guess that's a good point, digital download manual makes more sense. I guess I was comparing the Stern manual to my T2 and Getaway original manuals (which are also paper) but they are nicer (heavier/thicker stock covers) and have a lot more info & schematics. I like my schematics on paper! Guess that's just preference or maybe old school. At work I have schematics on my laptop but much prefer the paper schematics because they are easier to see (most of the time) unless I'm working on something that's 30+ years old.

Also I'm familiar with JJP manuals and those are over kill but I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind getting something like that too.

what can I say... I like manuals!!!!

jerry (resized).pngjerry (resized).png
#8960 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A Cheapy paper manual is actually a plus these days.

You pay thousands of dollars for a complex machine and a physical manual should be considered bonus . What a load of crap .

#8961 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You pay thousands of dollars for a complex machine and a physical manual should be considered bonus . What a load of crap .

If they eventually have a PDF manual we can DL I'll be happy. Purists can print it and the fact that it's searchable on your laptop or iPad is a plus.

#8962 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Purists can print it and the fact that it's searchable on your laptop or iPad is a plus.

Nothing to do with Purists . What if you have to work on the machine with the power off what if you don't have a tablet or a laptop , the manual that came with my Hobbit is as thick as a phone book it takes forever to scroll through all of that to find what you want . Just another way for companies to save money for something that should be included .

#8963 4 years ago

if you’re upset about it, ask Charlie to trade your topper for a printed manual. should be an even trade right!?

#8964 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nothing to do with Purists . What if you have to work on the machine with the power off what if you don't have a tablet or a laptop , the manual that came with my Hobbit is as thick as a phone book it takes forever to scroll through all of that to find what you want . Just another way for companies to save money for something that should be included .

What if you live in cave and don’t have electricity....

Yes, it is a cost saving measure. But it’s also an expedience measure as well. What if a part number changes, what if the game menu changes, what if a wiring diagram was printed wrong and needs to be changed?

It’s much easier to change and update a PDF and provide an up to date manual on demand that you can print if you want.

#8965 4 years ago

Who's talking about games that are sold first, and then physically completed later on??

Is this suddenly a stern thread now??

**Edit - Really I meant Delivered, rather than Sold woops

#8966 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Who's talking about games that are sold first, and then physically completed later on??
Is this suddenly a stern thread now??

Seriously?? Did you not just put a deposit on a machine that isn’t built yet?

Software changes, part numbers change, manuals get outdated.

#8967 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

if you’re upset about it, ask Charlie to trade your topper for a printed manual. should be an even trade right!?

Unfortunately I couldn't afford one . I have no idea if spooky provides a manual or not .

Quoted from Lounge:

Yes, it is a cost saving measure. But it’s also an expedience measure as well. What if a part number changes, what if the game menu changes, what if a wiring diagram was printed wrong and needs to be changed?
It’s much easier to change and update a PDF and provide an up to date manual on demand that you can print if you want.

You're trying to think up reasons why you don't need a printed manual and I think there are a lot more reasons why you need one .
I think companies should provide a printed manual for these machines . It's just a my opinion and you're more than entitled to have your opinion .

#8968 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

How about both? I print the Manuel from machines myself. Its handy to have something on paper.

#8969 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Or with JJP you can BUY a printed manual

My RR WOZ came with a manual , my LE Hobbit came with a manual and the CE potc I had ordered comes with a manual . I can't talk for the other two games .

IMG20200129202606 (resized).jpgIMG20200129202606 (resized).jpg
#8970 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Seriously?? Did you not just put a deposit on a machine that isn’t built yet?
Software changes, part numbers change, manuals get outdated.

Are you in the wrong thread or something? ...

Settle down! Lol

An "outdated" manual is still completely relevant, mechanically and in terms of schematics. That is what is important.

True, if you had a Stranger Tings manual it may be more mechanical service buliten than manual, but .... newsflash!! ... this isn't the stern thread.

#8971 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Are you in the wrong thread or something? ...
Settle down! Lol

Misunderstood your sarcasm - sorry

#8972 4 years ago

Yeah I was being fully sarcastic

Of course my word selection, as usual, leaves a bit to be desired Lol .... to be fair though I meant having a game delivered to me that is not yet complete, or doesn't actually work properly.

I'm not the only one who would rather a hard copy manual... for many reasons. Paper books are so underated these days.

#8973 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

How about both? I print the Manuel from machines myself. Its handy to have something on paper.

Totally agree. Any game I have aquired that didn't come with the manual, first thing I do is print one out, so that I at least have something easy to find stuff in and work from.

Printed PDF are good, in that I will hapily scribble notes specific to my machine In the printed out manual

But I still prefer original workshop manual, they are generally much clearer, especially in the scats section.

#8974 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I have received 2 red can cozys.

Can Cozys . We call them "stubby holders " over here .
IMG_20200129_223647 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_223647 (resized).jpg

#8975 4 years ago

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Here is a "Stubbie" ... in a Stubbie Holder!

... It's a Boy!

#8976 4 years ago

Here’s the Rick and Morty Pringle’s Super Bowl ad. If you’re into that sorta thing.

https://decider.com/2020/01/28/rick-and-morty-pringles-super-bowl-commercial/

#8977 4 years ago

Every interview with Bowen or Danesi about this game mentions how you can make a game easier with software but you can't make it harder without adjusting the playfield. I am under the impression that this game can be set up Bram Stoker Dracula with outlane posts completely removed with the legs bolted to the floor and all ceramic balls hard. Will this be the hardest game ever with a tournament setup?

#8978 4 years ago

Nobody wants to make a game that hard. Its not fun. The magic is making the rules easy to understand and hard to master with something for the novice and PRO.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Every interview with Bowen or Danesi about this game mentions how you can make a game easier with software but you can't make it harder without adjusting the playfield. I am under the impression that this game can be set up Bram Stoker Dracula with outlane posts completely removed with the legs bolted to the floor and all ceramic balls hard. Will this be the hardest game ever with a tournament setup?

#8979 4 years ago

Is all this gonna go on all year?????Sheeeeeech!!!!

#8980 4 years ago

Surely those individuals in the first run have received some information about delivery estimates. Any word?

#8982 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
Here is a "Stubbie" ... in a Stubbie Holder!
... It's a Boy!

A reasonable question is : Why is it called a Stubby? (also Stubbie or Stubbies)

Well, it's a relative thing I guess... considering this was more like an appropriately sized bottle of beer, generally...

artworks-000589078739-7t6sj0-t500x500 (resized).jpgartworks-000589078739-7t6sj0-t500x500 (resized).jpg

Although in "The Territory" the "Darwin Stubby" is never going to fit in a stubbie holder Lol

20060918-Darwin_Stubby_1 (resized).jpg20060918-Darwin_Stubby_1 (resized).jpg

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg

But Darwin Stubbies weren't always that size.

DSCN5367 (resized).jpgDSCN5367 (resized).jpg

They downsized to 2 litres because, you know, half a gallon just seemed like a little too much.

#8983 4 years ago

Did they give you any plastics to hang on your coin door with the key?

What other kind of stuff do they do differently

One word........TOPPER!

#8984 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Work on a machine with the power off?

#8985 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

One word........TOPPER!

I wasn’t trying to be greedy...I was just wondering because I wanted order something.

I ordered it anyway.

Spending 7k on pin... I think I can afford another 5 bucks on a keychain to hang on the coin door of my new RM, right?

DEEBE91E-AB82-4F8C-BA20-3562882FFD4C (resized).jpegDEEBE91E-AB82-4F8C-BA20-3562882FFD4C (resized).jpeg
#8986 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Work on a machine with the power off?

In Australia most people don't have reliable mains power. Most of us just have a limited unreliable supply of power from a Flooble Crank device we were given by the govt.!

#8987 4 years ago

I wasn’t trying to be greedy...I was just wondering because I wanted order something.

I was just funnin' ya....

#8988 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I was just funnin' ya....

It’s cool

#8989 4 years ago

I think I can afford another 5 bucks on a keychain to hang on the coin door of my new RM, right? [quoted image]

I'm going with the Blips and Chitz keychain. They are the best arcade in the multiverse. I wonder if they will have a Rick and Morty game there?
41wfCPWwy+L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41wfCPWwy+L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg

#8991 4 years ago

spfxted

Are you gonna post a pic of the your portal art you ordered? (Once you receive it?)

I might be interested in one... and how much are they about? I’m sure the price varies with what you want them to do.

#8992 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm going with the Blips and Chitz keychain. They are the best arcade in the multiverse. I wonder is the will have a Rick and Morty game there?[quoted image]

I still think the area over the second trough is a prime spot for a big 3d printed blips and chitz arcade. At least a couple of the games and a blips and chitz sign.

#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm going with the Blips and Chitz keychain. They are the best arcade in the multiverse. I wonder is the will have a Rick and Morty game there?[quoted image]

Yeah I saw that, it’s awesome too!

#8994 4 years ago

Are you gonna post a pic of the your portal art you ordered? (Once you receive it?)

Yes! They are $35 (they give 15% off as well) for one person. You can get a poster ($60) or digital. I got digital because I can print it out myself. They can do all kinds of stuff with background, what you're wearing, holding, etc.....that was not an extra charge.

#8996 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! They are $35 (they give 15% off as well) for one person. You can get a poster ($60) or digital. I got digital because I can print it out myself. They can do all kinds of stuff with background, what you're wearing, holding, etc.....that was not an extra charge.

Wow that’s pretty reasonable!

I just might have to get one! As soon as I figure out what I want on it! Hmmm....

Thanks!

#8997 4 years ago

Working out logistics for official launch party on Saturday Feb 29th in Madison.

Getting all the people committed and working on details.

Likely a charity event.

Mark your calendar if you wanna come.

Noon-4 ish. More specifics once this settle in.

#8998 4 years ago

Spotted on the Spooky FB page! Check out them toppers! OOH WEE!

83904872_2828260890568453_5140383706447347712_o (resized).jpg83904872_2828260890568453_5140383706447347712_o (resized).jpg
#8999 4 years ago

84787456_2828260787235130_3715845648247947264_o (resized).jpg84787456_2828260787235130_3715845648247947264_o (resized).jpg

"Hard to get good play testing help these days." - Spooky Pinball

#9000 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Spotted on the Spooky FB page! Check out them toppers! OOH WEE![quoted image]

Beat me to the topper reveal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/180?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.