20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 246.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I’m pretty sure a large group of the Fanbase cannot afford pinball machines.

That is true for sure... However, another large group of the fanbase likely can (and may well) afford it. This group probably also gets that the humor in RaM is really not so much about coarse language...

Then there is the people playing them on-site, providing some younger interest in pinball that might not have otherwise existed.

I have noticed this even with my TNA... under 20's seem to walk up to it and play it, when the older machines did not attract their interest. I think with TNA the simlicity and vibe plays a large part, with RaM the theme will do it....

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Amazing work Team Spooky
Played your cards so right from the beginning.
Well Done and congratulations for bringing such an amazing title to life !
Please engage the profanity option...............................

Fkinn llast page Morty

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

R&M is a Hulu exclusive. It’s not on Netflix.

IMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_235121 (resized).jpgIMG20191206230951 (resized).jpgIMG20191206230951 (resized).jpg
#804 4 years ago

Spooky has problems getting getting Alice Cooper pinball software issues ironed out. It is a little alarming that they are on to the next project without correcting issues with their last pin.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Spooky has problems getting getting Alice Cooper pinball software issues ironed out. It is a little alarming that they are on to the next project without correcting issues with their last pin.

Alarming? I don't think Spooky is unique in that regard as a pinball manufacturer.

#806 4 years ago

They cant keep the lights on or fix software issues if they dont continue to make money.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Ah the 3 phases of pinside
1) game theme is revealed, argue like crazy about who likes it who doesn't blah blah.
2) game it self is made available, argue like crazy about layout/code/quality.
3) code update, best game ever!!!!!

Regarding step 3, it should be:

3) game is released, 10 games a week. People post their line number and speculate how long it will take for them to receive it. New shiny game comes out from a different manufacturer and people sell their place in line.

There will be 15+ new games that come out between now and when the last person receives their R&M in 18 months.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It's not on Netflix in the US. I have the app and just checked.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.
Spooky is definitely the ones to show they are willing to do a title justice when it comes to that.
So spooky was perfect for R+M.

Yeah, but they did Sopranos...I'd say it has the most vulgar call outs of any game I've ever played.

"GIVE ME THE F***IN' MONEY!"

Still waaaaay more excited to see this IP with Spooky!

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

It's not on Netflix in the US. I have the app and just checked.

We're not in the US ...

... more places exist, and Netflix runs R&M in some of those places. Easy

#811 4 years ago

Man I am so out of today's TV shows because I do not watch that much TV. I have to admit I have never even seen Rick and Morty

I always had in my mind that it would be really hard to top TNA(a pure masterpiece) and for me theme is huge and because I have no idea who Rick and Morty is-it will be a pass for me. I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into this and I appreciate a different theme other than super hero and rock bands but I really do not see anywhere near 750 of these being made and sold? I could be wrong and hopefully I am, but this theme does absolutely nothing for me.

-I have to admit that the code worded 'Haunted House Party' actually sounded cool to me

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We're not in the US ...
... more places exist, and Netflix runs R&M in some of those places. Easy

I never said it didn't exist everywhere and it's why I specially said the US. Wonder if using a VPN and changing your location to outside the US would allow it to show up or if it's tied to the country you setup your Netflix account.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've never watched the Sopranos, CSI, 24, Game of Thrones, NASCAR, Elvira's show, and I'm pretty sure I've never sat through an entire episode of the Munsters or Wheel of Fortune. It's a wonder I can stand to play pinball at all.

Why do I hear Rick's voice when I read this?

#814 4 years ago

Rick and Morty is on Hulu in the US. Not Netflix.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

So what happens when 1000+ folks join the fang club expecting a spot?

Peoples minds change or other games come into play. There will always be an opening.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Rick and Morty is on Hulu in the US. Not Netflix.

That's a fair statement , but when people say false comments like" it's not on Netflix " it should be pointed out .

#817 4 years ago

what portal do i send my money into?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#818 4 years ago

A "select your Rick",Similar to star wars, would be a cool feature to open the game. I'd go with cool rick all the time

cool rick (resized).pngcool rick (resized).png
#819 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't that those chocolate stuffed cookies they don't make anymore?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#820 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This thread sure does show some of the worst toxicity that is prevalent through Pinside, and why some have greatly diminished being here and others have flat out left.
I have never seen one single episode of R&M. I'm happy for the fans. Why do some people HAVE to be assholes to people who are crazy excited about this upcoming title. Really, what does it benefit to be purposefully mean to someone just because it's something you either know nothing about or is "not your theme" ?
Just disgusting and virulent behavior.

I have just read 800 + posts on this thread and everyone has been nothing but cool and entertaining , the worst I have seen is some people say they don't like the theme and don't get it . There was one guy , he mentioned rape culture but besides that everyone has been cool . I think you're looking for something that's not there .

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wonder if using a VPN and changing your location to outside the US would allow it to show up or if it's tied to the country you setup your Netflix account.

If I travel to the US my netflix account changes to the US content. Aussies also use VPNs locally to access shows using our existing accounts that we can't normally access. So I'd say its a yes to your question.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I never said it didn't exist everywhere and it's why I specially said the US. Wonder if using a VPN and changing your location to outside the US would allow it to show up or if it's tied to the country you setup your Netflix account.

Maybe it's easier to move to OZ so you can get all the uncensored Rick and Morty you want .

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Yeah, but they did Sopranos...I'd say it has the most vulgar call outs of any game I've ever played.
"GIVE ME THE F***IN' MONEY!"
Still waaaaay more excited to see this IP with Spooky!

you ever play Spooky's RZ?

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Why do I hear Rick's voice when I read this?

The fact that Bryan knows the show including Pickle Rick invalidates anyone's argument of being 'too old' in regards to knowing the show.

oldman (resized).pngoldman (resized).png
#825 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

you ever play Spooky's RZ?

Unfortunately, the only Spooky game I have been able to tilt around is TNA. But it has become one of my favorite pins!

#826 4 years ago

Super pumped, yet I'm a little bummed if I can't buy because I didn't pay for the choice.

Good job Spooky!

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

The big issues with cooper are p rock board memory leak stuff. If they iron it out for cooper it’s ironed out for Rick and Morty. And they almost have that issues fixed. It’s not catastrophic either. So all is good. Keep the line moving.

#828 4 years ago

There shouldn’t be any argument over this theme... this is a Home run for Spooky. Case closed.

I figure Scott’s under a lot of pressure with his next game but I have faith in him... I’m sure he’s a fan of the show too. I have no expectations for this game. I’m waiting til they reveal it but there will be a lot of humor and poking fun of pinball tropes for sure and I’m looking forward to that alone. I mean they did a direct jab at stern in the promo (it could have been a rock band or superhero game)

There are plenty of people my age that love this show. There are lots of themes that shouldn’t appeal to me on paper but I actually like them & drop coins in them on location... I can’t stand sports. I’d have no issue owning a World Cup Soccer, Harlem Globetrotters etc... and cue the list of shitty movies that have great pinball machines.

Anyway, I’m out of the loop (laptop died) has there been any news of a game reveal or stream?

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

and because I have no idea who Rick and Morty is-it will be a pass for me.

OH JEEZE OH NO! Scott! Are you seeing this!?!? Charlie!??!? Guys, better cancel the whole thing, because OMG Pinmister is going to pass! He’s been in a coma since before 2013, he’s going to pass!!! Don’t make the game anymore, we can’t have people unaware of amazing shit passing now, can we!?!?!?

Ahem...

For those who get really scared about pinball themes they’re unaware of...I had never seen the LOTR movies when I started to play the game. I learned about all the quests, characters, quotes & music from playing the game - then watched & enjoyed the movies once I was steeped in the lore from pinball. R&M isn’t even as complex as LOTR to understand. If you have no idea who R&M are and refuse to spend 22 minutes learning, and you walk up to the pin - this is all you need to know: Mad scientist & grandson use an interdimensional portal gun to go on wacky sci-fi adventures. They’ll say funny shit while doing it. Pretty simple pinball narrative to understand even if you’re new to it.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

There will be 15+ new games that come out between now and when the last person receives their R&M in 18 months.

Fact. And each one will be a "game changer" and a "paradigm shift" and a "dream theme" for some that all of the 10 other companies "totally missed the boat on!"

Quoted from Rarehero:

OH JEEZE OH NO! Scott! Are you seeing this!?!? Charlie!??!? Guys, better cancel the whole thing, because OMG Pinmister is going to pass! He’s been in a coma since before 2013, he’s going to pass!!! Don’t make the game anymore, we can’t have people unaware of amazing shit passing now, can we!?!?!?

Subtle and understated as always!

#832 4 years ago

I never watched No Good Gophers but I love that game?

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I never watched No Good Gophers but I love that game?

I hate golf & I love that game lol

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is SO Morty!

#835 4 years ago

What is this p-roc memory board leak you speak of? Perhaps you are referring to the computer not the p3roc?

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

The big issues with cooper are p rock board memory leak stuff. If they iron it out for cooper it’s ironed out for Rick and Morty. And they almost have that issues fixed. It’s not catastrophic either. So all is good. Keep the line moving.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Not really a fair assement. RM has an entirely different team. Not one person has stopped working on Alice cooper in this building including the tech guys working on software nor will our programmer here be ending the code on ACNC anytime soon. We are also using a MUCH LARGER PC on RM.

#837 4 years ago

I think gameplay will dictate a lot for those people on the fence. Take Iron Maiden for example, I had zero excitement for that theme because I never listened to IM growing up. And then I played the game. And then I instantly bought it. And then the music started to grow on me after awhile.

Same thing with this game, I don’t watch a lot of TV in general, never seen an episode of R&M, but definitely see their merchandise everywhere. While the theme doesn’t excite currently, who knows what will happen once I play the game. That changes everything.

As others have mentioned, I’m definitely happy that Spooky picked up a modern theme. This should really help push pinball down to the younger generation. Looks like a big big win for Spooky and the team. Congrats!

#838 4 years ago

Why only 750?!?

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What is this p-roc memory board leak you speak of?

It’s beyond my knowledge level of coding stuff for sure but what basically happens is there is a small memory leak that’s affecting Alice Cooper and after a long period of game being on it loses enough memory to bog the game processes down and eventually crash/lockup the game. Until they figure out how to totally resolve it they have settings in some current beta code revisions that reboot the game after so much memory has leaked or after every game to stop a crash from happening.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Why only 750?!?

Because they only make games in small runs. This will be their largest run ever if that helps.

#841 4 years ago

ok, so a computer issue not a p3roc issue. got it. I'm sure they will figure it out. There are lots of games using the p3roc.

It’s beyond my knowledge level of coding stuff for sure but what basically happens is there is a small memory leak that’s affecting Alice Cooper and after a long period of game being on it loses enough memory to bog the game processes down and eventually crash/lockup the game. Until they figure out how to totally resolve it they have settings in some current beta code revisions that reboot the game after so much memory has leaked or after every game to stop a crash from happening.

#842 4 years ago

They've brought in a good friend of Scotts to take care of this issue. It won't happen moving forward.

#843 4 years ago

What difference is there from ordering a game straight from Spooky vs a distributor?

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’m out, sadly, but happy for those who are excited about this.

Correction: this old (40-something) fart is going to keep an open mind. Planning some R&M streaming this weekend!

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

What difference is there from ordering a game straight from Spooky vs a distributor?

I think I can sum it up, by ordering from Spooky you get awesome service from a great team and with a Spooky distributor you get awesome service from a great team. That's about it. I think everything is the same.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

this old (40-something) fart is going to keep an open mind. Planning some R&M streaming this weekend!

I'm 51.... the show started with 1 employee who couldn't stop talking about it a couple years back. He got our son (Bug) to watch a couple episodes... he got me to watch a couple episodes.

Been hooked ever since. Is it crass and silly at times? Yep. I'm not that mature so works on me. It's also some of the wildest and most intelligent sci-fi writing you've ever seen.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!! Glad my kids are old enough to enjoy it with me... or do I enjoy it with them?! Lol.

PICKLE RIIIIIICCCK!!!!!!!!!!

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm 51.... the show started with 1 employee who couldn't stop talking about it a couple years back. He got our son (Bug) to watch a couple episodes... he got me to watch a couple episodes.
Been hooked ever since. Is it crass and silly at times? Yep. I'm not that mature so works on me. It's also some of the wildest and most intelligent sci-fi writing you've ever seen.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!! Glad my kids are old enough to enjoy it with me... or do I enjoy it with them?! Lol.

pickle-rick-morty-season-3-episode (resized).jpgpickle-rick-morty-season-3-episode (resized).jpg
#848 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I really hope there is a pickle Rick mode kill the Cockroaches kill the rats destroy the bad guys and end up at counselling

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

Quoted from lpeters82:

I think I can sum it up, by ordering from Spooky you get awesome service from a great team and with a Spooky distributor you get awesome service from a great team. That's about it. I think everything is the same.

You can't go wrong either way but I'd consider it a bonus ordering through Chris at Kingpin games! He is simply the best distributor in the industry.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

A "select your Rick",Similar to star wars, would be a cool feature to open the game. I'd go with cool rick all the time[quoted image]

I was thinking that you could pick Rick or Morty as your 'player' and those are the callouts you get during your game (rules are the same) -- or a step further, each player is assigned a specific player with those voice callouts (probably too much work to code) but..yea..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/17?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.