20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 246.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I have been patiently refreshing for more than a month.
Now I'm just starting to wonder why they are making us wait so long.
Is the code still a mess that they cant show it with confidence?
Are they waiting for the new topper?
Problem with a manufacturer for a certain part?

It's the beginning of production. As has already been stated, QC and various things have to be done. Production doesn't just automatically go to 10 games a week, it builds up. Once they have a solid product, production will increase.

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Yeaaaa lets start with the negative speculation and guessing pinside!! Or we can just shut the fuck up and wait....

Sorry but I can't think of a legit reason why they haven't shown any besides not having anything to show yet.
Or maybe they are limited to do so because of adult swim, i don't know.

I get it that they don't have to show anything and have no pressure to do it because they sold out.
But it would be fucking sweet if they did.
I'm exited about any info we can get and would love to see the prototype play.

#8453 4 years ago

I watched the trailer again yesterday (for like the 900th time) and actually noticed how cool the theme song sounds you can tell that SD remixed it.

I was just surprised I didn’t notice it before and thought I would share it with everyone.

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I think we can all agree that 2020 is taking far too long to be finished.

I agree!

Those of us with a long wait will probably suffer even more once videos are plentiful.

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I watched the trailer again yesterday (for like the 900th time) and actually noticed how cool the theme song sounds you can tell that SD remixed it.
I was just surprised I didn’t notice it before and thought I would share it with everyone.

It is really low in the mix so I didn't notice it until someone else mentioned it. You're right, it is pretty rad from what you can hear though.

#8456 4 years ago

Is there anyone Near me that it is earlier on the list than I am?

I’m build #653

And if so, can I come over when you get yours?

#8457 4 years ago

Just got this in the mail.

1D246E2A-D9FC-4D31-96EC-46CFD6611D9B (resized).jpeg1D246E2A-D9FC-4D31-96EC-46CFD6611D9B (resized).jpeg
#8458 4 years ago

Is there anyone Near me that it is earlier on the list than I am?
I’m build #653
And if so, can I come over when you get yours?

How would we know, Mr. no location listed.

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How would we know, Mr. no location listed.

Sorry I thought I had my location on!

Lake Zurich, IL

I think Scott Denesi lives nearby...

Maybe he will invite me over.

#8460 4 years ago

If it's the most haunted fan club in America how is it also a vaunted international Spookshow?

How about a little consistency!!!

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it's the most haunted fan club in America how is it also a vaunted international Spookshow?
How about a little consistency!!!

infowars-768x432 (resized).jpginfowars-768x432 (resized).jpg
#8462 4 years ago

Lake Zurich, IL

Madison is not too far.

Our route game will be going out as soon at we get the call.
In the first batch.

#8463 4 years ago

Lake Zurich, IL

I just show up uninvited...

E01D850D-D71F-4BF9-A000-436CBB808ED7 (resized).jpegE01D850D-D71F-4BF9-A000-436CBB808ED7 (resized).jpeg
#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I just show up uninvited...[quoted image]

That guy doesn't have one yet.

#8465 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s why I wasn’t there long

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

says the only guy with one currently LOL!

#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

who's the homeless guy accosting mr. danesi?

Quoted from epthegeek:

but he DOES have a gwendolyn sex doll keychain (or at least he should have if chuck played his role as middleman, mr. butter robot
now get back to your purpose, coding pinball rules!

#8468 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Madison is not too far.
Our route game will be going out as soon at we get the call.
In the first batch.

Thanks!

Keep me posted!

#8469 4 years ago

Was game play video supposed to be shown today?

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Was game play video supposed to be shown today?

It was yesterday. You must've gone through the wrong portal.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So one thing to realize if you haven't purchased a new Spooky game at launch before is that it often takes much longer than most people would prefer before much else is shown after the official reveal. I remember the ACNC folks basically begging for video of the game being played, etc. and it taking a long time before that was available. While things might be different / faster this time I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SW was very early still on this game.
All in, when you order from Spooky at launch you should just plan to chill your jets a bit. If your order number isn't near the front you might even plan to pick up another game to tide you over until you can expect yours to be ready (and plan to sell it prior to having to pay for RAD). I know some guys that could go through a couple of NiB purchases between the order at launch and actual delivery of the games. After all, it's not like your entire game budget is tied up the whole time.
This is an inevitable part of the boutique pinball vendor purchasing process. I personally kind of love this model since it gives me months of additional time to look forward to receiving my purchase. But I know it's not for everyone.

Just gonna leave this here...

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I just show up uninvited...

You can do that...when you're LIONMAN!!!

#8473 4 years ago

Can we all chip in and get Scott a proper Sword Rack?

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

That’s why I wasn’t there long

Don't worry I drive by his house every 6 hours and look in his window for it.

#8475 4 years ago

I take comfort in knowing that Pinside will have adjusted its expectations accordingly!

When we finally see gameplay footage, people should understand that this is a new pinball machine we’re seeing... not a paradigm shifting wizard device.

It will not be magic.

It will not circumvent the rules of physics.

It will not be exactly what you imagined.

It will be a new Pinball Machine designed by the amazing Scott Danesi, and built by the fine people at Spooky Pinball. It will have assets from a beloved new animated franchise.

If you expect a fun new machine, you’re going to have your expectations met or exceeded.

If your expectations are ridiculous... prepare to be disappointed.

#8476 4 years ago

Also Jay you look like Kurt Russel as Santa:

8badfa1308ebb0a5219c7840771417a9 (resized).jpg8badfa1308ebb0a5219c7840771417a9 (resized).jpg
#8477 4 years ago

Jay you need a stylist? Cause I got a guy...

1a7c9d91f0c6f13adae7d5f580f337ea (resized).jpg1a7c9d91f0c6f13adae7d5f580f337ea (resized).jpg
#8478 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Also Jay you look like Kurt Russel as Santa:[quoted image]

Terry has the coat from that movie

#8479 4 years ago

What happened to this thread? Wow

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

The Orange Crush looks good, for some reason I figured he'd be pushing back some Ginger Ale.

#8481 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

What happened to this thread? Wow

"We need to get off of Pinside Morty".

d5eaab51-f6e0-4a62-a5f4-6c7253287b79_1.cb841eef02c54e1eeb677542c9a70890 (resized).jpegd5eaab51-f6e0-4a62-a5f4-6c7253287b79_1.cb841eef02c54e1eeb677542c9a70890 (resized).jpeg
#8482 4 years ago

Can someone please swing by spooky under the pretense of buying a shirt or something, and then casually ask to play the game, and then secretly turn on their iPhone to record, and then place the iPhone in their shirt Breast pocket?

Thanks

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Can someone please swing by spooky under the pretense of buying a shirt or something, and then casually ask to play the game, and then secretly turn on their iPhone to record, and then place the iPhone in their shirt Breast pocket?
Thanks

but its still the one we already saw...

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Thanks

Can somebody at spooky make sure this doesn't happen, and then instead, when it's quiet (so we can hear callouts and music) record a proper video with a proper player (someone like, oh, i don't know, bowen) explaining the rules?

#8485 4 years ago

For historical reference here are some key dates from the ACNC release:

Sept. 16, 2016: Initial theme announcement
March 26th, 2017: First game showing @ TPF
March 26th, 2018: Pre-orders open
July 30th, 2018: 1st Deadflip stream (buggy sw, not recorded).
Sept. 11th 2018: Factory pictures showing production games being made, first customer shot video of game setup at home.
Dec. 31st, 2019: Final batch of games produced?

So a loooong period of radio silence between the first showing and orders and the first gameplay stream, and even longer to first games shipped. However, Spooky was also running TNAs at the time and ramping up their production team.

With the well-oiled crew they have now I don't expect anything like these kinds of delays for R&M. However, it's always good to realize that making good pinball is hard, and takes longer than you'd think/like.

I really don't mind, I love the anticipation.

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sept. 11th 2018: Factory pictures showing production games being made, first customer shot video of game setup at home.
So a loooong period of radio silence between the first showing and orders and the first gameplay stream, and even longer to first games shipped. However, Spooky was also running TNAs at the time and ramping up their production team.
With the well-oiled crew they have now I don't expect anything like these kinds of delays for R&M. However, it's always good to realize that making good pinball is hard, and takes longer than you'd think/like.

Seems to be an apples to oranges comparison to me. Spooky has said themselves they shouldn't have announced ACNC so early. Overall there were a lot of mistakes Spooky won't make again. In your example it's 4 months between when pre-orders open and the first stream. We are barely over a month past R&M going on sale. I'd guess we have deliveries to customers and gameplay videos within the next month.

#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Historical reference is all this is. Nothing to do with Rick and Morty. Spooky learned a lot from this and the timing wasn’t what they wanted.

#8488 4 years ago

Lemme see if I got this right.
We all want Spooky to pause making actual games to produce a promo video for a machine that is sold out...

I'd love to see gameplay as much as the next guy, but not if it delays my actual delivery.
Let's focus on pressuring whoever takes delivery to start with some home videos.

#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Lemme see if I got this right.
We all want Spooky to pause making actual games to produce a promo video for a machine that is sold out...
I'd love to see gameplay as much as the next guy, but not if it delays my actual delivery.
Let's focus on pressuring whoever takes delivery to start with some home videos.

Im happy with someone using his phone recording some testing at this point.

#8490 4 years ago

Sounds like some people just need to chill. What’s the actual rush? We have a pretty good idea of timelines. The only real rush and need for an actual video of gameplay is so some can determine if they’re still “in”, or they’re just going to flip their spot.

As someone that’s “in”, I know I’ll get my game. I don’t need any more video or details to be released. At this point, I’m trying to ride the rest of this release wave going in blind, no spoilers.

Relax, that Hansel is so hot right now.

#8491 4 years ago

I don't want to see video until the playfield is 100% final, and the code is at a decent spot. I want the first impression to be good.

#8492 4 years ago
A341F9D4-B0DA-4A08-A809-2FEA4E11B11D (resized).jpegA341F9D4-B0DA-4A08-A809-2FEA4E11B11D (resized).jpeg
#8493 4 years ago

I love the OCC Memes.

#8494 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't want to see video until the playfield is 100% final, and the code is at a decent spot. I want the first impression to be good.

So does Spooky.

Good things take time.

rd

#8495 4 years ago

jack just said on deadflip that a spooky rick & morty stream is coming REALLLLL SOON. take that for what it's worth.

#8496 4 years ago

Why would taking a video of gameplay stop the production line and delay games being built?

You don’t need to have line workers pull double duty as a cameraman, narrator, game player and video uploader.

#8497 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind some video of the machines being built.

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wouldn't mind some video of the machines being built.

We are all hard up for any video at this point!

***spooky video

Is there a begging smiley on this site?

#8499 4 years ago

Yay.... I just got my Fang club merch

#8500 4 years ago

Yay.... I just got my Fang club merch

Hmph.. I joined first day and shortly after it was announced and I haven't even gotten a delivery notification yet. My drink is getting warm!! I need a Spooky Coozie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/170?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.