20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 246.
#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How many seasons are there?

We are in season 4.

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just ordered the first 3 seasons on BluRay!

Do they come with a free topper?

#8254 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Honestly, for me the "straw that broke the camels back" in terms of deciding to order this pin was hearing the video promo with Scott's interpretation of the R&M theme music, and finding out that he was creating a bunch of custom music for the game. I'm confident that the music wil be one of the pillars of the game.

I played the prototype on Wednesday. If you liked the music on TNA then your going to love it in this game! The modes have the best music and you can tell right away it was scotts music and it fits the theme. It's not out of place. When you start a mode the beat drops and it just fits what you are doing in that certain mode. you know where the music immerses you in game sort of thing. just like TNA

#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...just ordered the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray! How many seasons are there?[quoted image]

The first half of season 4 has aired. You can watch them on the adultswim app if you dont have dish or cable.

#8256 4 years ago

It’s Friday. Where’s a video of R&M pin?

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Quick poll update (and notice for anyone who missed it / reminder for anyone who said "I'll do it later" and forgot):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-rick-amp-morty-if-so-which-category-are-you-take-the-poll
With 182 responses, that's just a shave under 25% of the 750 production run accounted for. 97 (53% of respondents) are first-time Spooky buyers, with nearly 20% being first NIB. Pretty impressive amounts IMO.
What's even more interesting to me is thus far, as overall reposnses have tallied, those percentages have stayed roughly consistent... that's a purely anecdotal observation but I wonder if it would hold true for the whole run?
So the other 75% or ~568 of you.... Don't be a Jerry: answer it if you haven't, just for fun!

There's something you should know. Not all pinball owners are on Pinside.

#8258 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I played the prototype on Wednesday. If you liked the music on TNA then your going to love it in this game! The modes have the best music and you can tell right away it was scotts music and it fits the theme. It's not out of place. When you start a mode the beat drops and it just fits what you are doing in that certain mode. you know where the music immerses you in game sort of thing. just like TNA

That sounds awesome! Gotta ask, how is the gameplay?

#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I call bull, my non biased random poll of pinball owners on pinside showed that 100% of them were on pinside. Science!

#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That sounds awesome! Gotta ask, how is the gameplay?

Don't underestimate that pop bumper

#8261 4 years ago

Anything interesting with the portal under the garage? Might not be implemented on the prototype.

#8262 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Anything interesting with the portal under the garage? Might not be implemented on the prototype.

... didn't he say he played the Prototype....

#8263 4 years ago

If he didn’t notice anything special, I think the prototype might be why (I know he played the prototype)...just looking for any info we can get

#8264 4 years ago

dnapac do you think they’re adding a peppers ghost effect or you think it’s just a light show from inside the scoop?

#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

dnapac do you think they’re adding a peppers ghost effect or you think it’s just a light show from inside the scoop?

If they do it will be because it was worth it!

However, after listening to alot of Scott Danesi interviews, it seems the prototype did not have the full lightshow on display in the portal. I believe he (Scott) said it includes more lights/flashers that give a swirling/rotational effect, and some are below playfield level within the portal. Based on this I'd guess it is a well planned lightshow rather than the reflected optical illusion.

#8266 4 years ago

After rewatching the show....I feel like this game would have benefitted from 3-4 of these portals around the PF with staged balls coming out in 3 or 4 different places, sometimes at random (like when morty doesn't calibrate it correctly). I know it's a $$ pipe dream, but one can dream...

#8267 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

After rewatching the show....I feel like this game would have benefitted from 3-4 of these portals around the PF with staged balls coming out in 3 or 4 different places. I know it's a $$ pipe dream, but one can dream...

It technically has two places the ball exits. When there is no ball qued in the portal return, it loads one in the shooter lane. At least that’s what has been said in the pod casts.

#8268 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

It technically has two places the ball exits. When there is no ball qued in the portal return, it loads one in the shooter lane. At least that’s what has been said in the pod casts.

But it was also stated that this would be an error/fault, and that there is always intended to be a ball staged in the re-entry kickout.

#8269 4 years ago

Anyone new to Spooky pins can put any worry about quality to bed because thequality of the ACNC I picked up a few weeks ago is incredible. Fit and finish is better than any Stern, CGC, or JJP I’ve bought.

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

But all the good ones are.

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Honestly, for me the "straw that broke the camels back" in terms of deciding to order this pin was hearing the video promo with Scott's interpretation of the R&M theme music, and finding out that he was creating a bunch of custom music for the game. I'm confident that the music wil be one of the pillars of the game.

Scott’s music is simply out of this world. I really never thought any pin would have better music than the Daft Punk featured Tron...then TNA smoked it. Check out Scott’s remix of the Queen song from the Flash Gordon movie. We were jamming that in our house last night.

R&M is going to be a special pin. It’ll win a boat load of TWIPY awards next year.

#8272 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Scott’s music is simply out of this world. I really never thought any pin would have better music than the Daft Punk featured Tron...then TNA smoked it. Check out Scott’s remix of the Queen song from the Flash Gordon movie. We were jamming that in our house last night.
R&M is going to be a special pin. It’ll win a boat load of TWIPY awards next year.

Do you have a link for that? google doesnt help.

#8273 4 years ago

Anything else you can share?

#8274 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

But it was also stated that this would be an error/fault, and that there is always intended to be a ball staged in the re-entry kickout.

Hence the “technically” but could easily be coded to do the same intentionally.

#8275 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

I know of at least 21 that will be on location and those are just the ones I sold. I have no idea how many of my distributors have sold to locations.

not sure if in that 21, but ours will be on location, Arcade Odyssey in Miami, FL

Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm pretty sure they use Pinball Life PerfectPlay silicone bands.

ugh, I have a bag of 100 of those I'm going through pretty quickly, on location they snap after a month or two, total waste of money, going back to superbands after... probably fine for home use though

#8276 4 years ago

Don't underestimate that pop bumper

5 quick questions
How was the subway from the garage to the left flipper lane? It seems quick and can catch you off guard.
Was the horseshoe lock secure with the drops?
Are the ramps and orbits smooth?
Do you mind that there is no plunger?
Skill shot? Elaborate please.
Thanks

#8277 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Hence the “technically” but could easily be coded to do the same intentionally.

I do agree. The fact there are two optos either side of the horseshoe with an up post half way around, plus the long opto in front, and that they are auto drops, means it is possible to have 4 locked balls if they really want to, and allow 5 ball multiball using the (permanently) staged portal ball. That could be an applied use for the portal ball lateron, who knows.

#8278 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

not sure if in that 21, but ours will be on location, Arcade Odyssey in Miami, FL

ugh, I have a bag of 100 of those I'm going through pretty quickly, on location they snap after a month or two, total waste of money, going back to superbands after... probably fine for home use though

I agree, silicone bands have nothing on the durability of eurethane Superbands. They Tear, alot. Eurethane is much more cost effective, and worth every bit of the extra cost.

Also I much prefer the way the eurethane behaves in gameplay, anyway.

My original TNA bands are starting deteriorate, they will be getting replaced with eurethane very soon. That will change the game up a bit.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

means it is possible to have 4 locked balls

No. That won’t happen.

#8280 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. That won’t happen.

I know, you already said.

Just stating that it is logically possible, that's all. Understand it not being realistic or easy.

Of course it is a coding nightmare

#8281 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. That won’t happen.

Three balls still a possibility?

#8282 4 years ago

No he’s saying three is both the theoretical and practical max. How do you propose more than three could be held without dribbling a ball out from behind a dropped target?

#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

No he’s saying three is both the theoretical and practical max. How do you propose four more than three could be held without dribbling a ball out from behind a dropped target.

The logic is spelled out about 70 pages back there somewhere. There would need to be 3 balls locked/trapped on one side. It is absolutely possible by Logic (given the hardware), but practical realities of coding (and physical pinball) obviously makes it much harder than just writing out a few logical steps.

Eric said it can't be done, so it can't be done...

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The logic is spelled out about 70 pages back there somewhere. There would need to be 3 balls locked/trapped on one side. It is absolutely possible by Logic, but practical realities of coding (and physical pinball) obviously makes it much harder than just writing out a few logical steps.
Eric said it can't be done, so it can't be done...

And the reason it can’t be done is the hardware, not the programming. With two sets of optos on each side, the machine would have no way of knowing a third ball was on that side (if there was even room). A ball without a known location would not lead to a reproducible experience.

#8286 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Do you have a link for that? google doesnt help.

https://m.soundcloud.com/scottdanesi/scott-danesi-live-at-houston-arcade-expo-2019

And yes, the Flash remix rocks (but then the entire set rocks...).

#8287 4 years ago

Cup holder is done. It might seem a little pricey, but it takes like 12 hours to print all of the parts:
http://www.randompinball.com/rickandmorty

#8288 4 years ago

Hey guys, for the record, I did not remix that flash song. That was a remix by a guy named A-Skills! He rocks.

#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey guys, for the record, I did not remix that flash song. That was a remix by a guy named A-Skills! He rocks.

Will Elon Tusk be in the game? Please.

5C12465E-4FA2-4CD9-BE3D-59BCD1D597F8 (resized).png5C12465E-4FA2-4CD9-BE3D-59BCD1D597F8 (resized).png
#8290 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:Anything else you can share?
Quoted from PaulCoff:

5 quick questions
How was the subway from the garage to the left flipper lane? It seems quick and can catch you off guard.
Was the horseshoe lock secure with the drops?
Are the ramps and orbits smooth?
Do you mind that there is no plunger?
Skill shot? Elaborate please.
Thanks

The subway to the left flipper via 2nd trough is fast. Don't blink or you will drain it. Ask me how I know? Lighting fast! If you try to nudge like I did, It will go over the top lane and hit the pop bumper to send the ball into NO man's land.

The lock 2.0 is legit! It functioned rock solid! I love how you can lock 2 balls in, one on each side. Got me? So you have to hit the center scoop to start multi ball (which is the ROCKET scoop on TNA btw) if you miss the ball will hit the drop target that is locking you ball and send it to the other side. Having 2 on one side. You start multi ball it releases those 2 balls stacked on one another at once. It's like a rocket of weight coming at you at once. You hit it with your flipper, SMASH! Good feeling.

Orbits were nice to shoot felt butter smooth. The ramps were prototype 3d ramps. They worked but. Lol differently weren't production. I was even told the left ramp was tweaked. Its a Prototype game so my standards are low. But I will tell you what. If this prototype game is any indication of how the production game is. Your in for a treat. Shoots great! Not a fan layout for sure. I know multiple people getting one. I am not.

Not having a plunger? Doesn't bother me. I have bunch of games that have a plunger. Just smack it harder.

Skill shot is feed to the 3rd flipper after plunger for multiple shots all different reward. Can't remember the award I was drinking.

Oh and one last thing, the light show? Well I can leave that to your imagination.

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will Elon Tusk be in the game? Please.[quoted image]

Kinda cool that Elon Musk did the actual voice work for that episode.

#8292 4 years ago

The subway to the left flipper via 2nd trough is fast. Don't blink or you will drain it. Ask me how I know? Lighting fast! If you try to nudge like I did, It will go over the top lane and hit the pop bumper to send the ball into NO man's land.
The lock 2.0 is legit! It functioned rock solid! I love how you can lock 2 balls in, one on each side. Got me? So you have to hit the center scoop to start multi ball (which is the ROCKET scoop on TNA btw) if you miss the ball will hit the drop target that is locking you ball and send it to the other side. Having 2 on one side. You start multi ball it releases those 2 balls stacked on one another at once. It's like a rocket of weight coming at you at once. You hit it with your flipper, SMASH! Good feeling.
Orbits were nice to shoot felt butter smooth. The ramps were prototype 3d ramps. They worked but. Lol differently weren't production. I was even told the left ramp was tweaked. Its a Prototype game so my standards are low. But I will tell you what. If this prototype game is any indication of how the production game is. Your in for a treat. Shoots great! Not a fan layout for sure. I know multiple people getting one. I am not.
Not having a plunger? Doesn't bother me. I have bunch of games that have a plunger. Just smack it harder.
Skill shot is feed to the 3rd flipper after plunger for multiple shots all different reward. Can't remember the award I was drinking.
Oh and one last thing, the light show? Well I can leave that to your imagination.

Thanks a ton. I hope the light shows are similar/comparable to GOT “winter is coming” hurry ups. I think I heard somewhere that Scott D. enjoyed those and so do I during game play. Such a rush of lights can evoke a sense of urgency.

#8293 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And the reason it can’t be done is the hardware, not the programming. With two sets of optos on each side, the machine would have no way of knowing a third ball was on that side (if there was even room). A ball without a known location would not lead to a reproducible experience.

With the given hardware it can be done. The reason can only be the lack of room in the space, or code limitations. The 3rd balls location (3 on one side) can certainly be logically known, and circumstantially be verified/confirmed multiple ways, with the given hardware.

Yes, the hardware limitation is only wether 3 balls fit on on side with enough Spare Room to be code-able. It looks like there is room, but of course looks can be decieving. Less headroom makes coding reliable operation tougher and tougher.

It was only ever a thought based on seeing the mech, imagination.

If the guy making the thing work says it is beyond possibility, then there is a good reason, and I get it.

So now that only three balls can be locked, then the original 5-ball multiball theory (I'll try to find post # ) just changes so that there's no time traveling Morty (just real time morty), and NO JERRY!

#8294 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Cup holder is done. It might seem a little pricey, but it takes like 12 hours to print all of the parts:

I like the attention to detail , great job . I'm afraid the drinks would froth up or spill on machine when the game is being nudged or shaken . I use a slim side table for drinks , if you don't have the room to do this I understand why you would go the cup holder route .

IMG20200118205729 (resized).jpgIMG20200118205729 (resized).jpg
#8296 4 years ago

Can confirm, we drove together

Played it safe with the left ball return by holding the flipper up and transferring it to the right. Easier to manage but you miss a bit of risk/reward. It's fast and the shots are all over the place making for good variety and flow.

#8297 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Can confirm, we drove together
Played it safe with the left ball return by holding the flipper up and transferring it to the right. Easier to manage but you miss a bit of risk/reward. It's fast and the shots are all over the place making for good variety and flow.

twhtalm How did it sound and look? I notice neither one of you mentioned music.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Amazing work! Ordered.

#8299 4 years ago

It has the same system as ACNC so quality is amazing. The music and callouts are what you would expect from watching show, it's R&M in pinball form. Scott's music blends seamlessly and I can't tell one from another. Unfortunately the callouts were in full family mode so we didn't get the full Rick experience. Understandable for Eric to turn it off after all this time with Rick. What we did hear was funny and let you know exactly what to do. The upgraded screen shines and has perfect video playback, no tearing like ACNC. Scenes are full featured and fit well with each mode. There was so much to take in that it became overwhelming and this was just the prototype. Firsthand with a production unit will be amazing and that's why I want to keep this simple.

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the attention to detail , great job . I'm afraid the drinks would froth up or spill on machine when the game is being nudged or shaken . I use a slim side table for drinks , if you don't have the room to do this I understand why you would go the cup holder route .[quoted image]

I have pin gulps on all my machines and i have never had a problem with any spilling out onto the machine even with a full beer. Id be more worried if i had a table next to my machine and accidently kicking the leg and knocking it over. But to each is own. Just my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.