20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 246.
#7951 4 years ago

If you want a dba on a pin,thats gonna be routed,why would you want a headphone mod on it??Unless its going in a Hospital or a assisted living facility!!!???

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s DBA?

Database Administrator

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

If you want a dba on a pin,thats gonna be routed,why would you want a headphone mod on it??Unless its going in a Hospital or a assisted living facility!!!???

I can see it would be nice to have headphone jack on route so people can hear the game in a loud bar

granted you wont be able to use the DBV slot for both things at once

#7954 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Best assisted living facility ever.

#7955 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can see it would be nice to have headphone jack on route so people can hear the game in a loud bar
granted you wont be able to use the DBV slot for both things at once

This.

I have a TNA on route and the location wants the sound fairly low, which misses a major feature of the game. I would love to put a headphone jack on the front for customers. Hoping to do this with R&M too.

#7956 4 years ago

Late, but not too late.
I'm in with a Standard and totally happy.
Never thought I will get one. But sometimes dreams come true.
Thank you RS-Pinball in Austria. A little german boy is smiling without end.
Now I have to wait a very long time.
That is ok for me. I think I will get every mod out there, before my pin arrives in good old bavaria/franconia.

#7957 4 years ago

Out of curiosity, with the beefed up computer in R&M, is there any chance for more current technology to include Bluetooth headphone compatibility, and then all this talk of headphone jacks and an upgraded coin doors to accommodate said jacks would be out the door? I know I no longer have any headphones in my house that are wired, except for the free earbuds that came with a previous generation iPhone I had? I know this could be a problem on route for sync'ing headphones, but in the home environment where I imagine most of the R&M would be going, this could be a cool "boutique" feature.

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Late, but not too late.
I'm in with a Standard and totally happy.
Never thought I will get one. But sometimes dreams come true.
Thank you RS-Pinball in Austria. A little german boy is smiling without end.
Now I have to wait a very long time.
That is ok for me. I think I will get every mod out there, before my pin arrives in good old bavaria/franconia.

Congratulations!

Just out of curiosity... your pinball machine is going to be made in the central United States, get strapped to a shipping container, brought to a boat on the coast, put on a boat to Australia, travel the Pacific to Australia, get off the boat and brought to a warehouse, leave the container and get put in another container, get back in a truck, go to a port, get on a boat, go all the way around Africa, get off the boat somewhere in France, get on a truck and go to a warehouse in Germany, then get delivered to your place...

That is a long run on sentence but it sounds like quite a trip!

#7959 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are multiple ways to have a headphone jack / volume control in the front of the machine. One of them is to use the spot where the bill acceptor would be. But you could only do this if you upgraded your machine to the DBA "style" coin door from Spooky. Default has no DBA slot.

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like i would rather have a headphone jack style like pinsound

#7960 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Congratulations!
Just out of curiosity... your pinball machine is going to be made in the central United States, get strapped to a shipping container, brought to a boat on the coast, put on a boat to Australia, travel the Pacific to Australia, get off the boat and brought to a warehouse, leave the container and get put in another container, get back in a truck, go to a port, get on a boat, go all the way around Africa, get off the boat somewhere in France, get on a truck and go to a warehouse in Germany, then get delivered to your place...

LOL, he said Austria.

#7961 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

LOL, he said Austria.

get on a truck and go to a warehouse in Germany, then get delivered to your place...

#7962 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but do we think the spaceship toy on a spring is active? Is there a solenoid/mech underneath that makes it shake?

#7963 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but do we think the spaceship toy on a spring is active? Is there a solenoid/mech underneath that makes it shake?

There is.

#7964 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

You can see it shake in one of the trailers.

#7965 4 years ago

Congratulations!

No no not Australia
Austria right beside germany
Not that long way.

#7966 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

No no not Australia
Austria right beside germany
Not that long way.

I also got mine from RS-Pinball. Cant wait
I wonder if i'm the only one in The Netherlands with one

#7967 4 years ago

I'm in as well. I was able to get a spot through a distributor.

"And then we're gonna go on even more adventures after that, Morty and you're gonna keep your mouth shut about it, Morty, because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important, and they'll tear us apart, Morty but if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, Morty, and you're gonna be part of them, and together, we're gonna run around, Morty. We're gonna do all kinds of wonderful things, Morty. Just you and me, Morty. The outside world is our enemy, Morty. We're the only friends we've got, Morty. It's just Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty and their adventures, Morty. Rick and Morty forever and forever. Morty's things. Me and Rick and Morty running around, and Rick and Morty time. All day long, forever. All a hundred days. Rick and Morty forever 100 times. Over and over, rickandmortyadventures.com. All 100 years. Every minute, rickandmorty.com."

#7968 4 years ago

I dunno. Powdercoated coin doors always seem like a step too far to me. I usually prefer just the frame for the door to be powder-coated, leaving the door black. Another difficult decision, thanks Spooky!!

#7969 4 years ago

On the topic of Bluetooth headphones for games: sounds great for a single game in a "collection". But in a larger collection, moving from game to game would suck with the pairing process.

I'm more interested in wired jacks. People can bring their own headphones. "Pairing" is just insert. It also means no requirement for batteries, unless one chooses to use noise canceling headphones.

#7970 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

On the topic of Bluetooth headphones for games: sounds great for a single game in a "collection". But in a larger collection, moving from game to game would suck with the pairing process.
I'm more interested in wired jacks. People can bring their own headphones. "Pairing" is just insert. It also means no requirement for batteries, unless one chooses to use noise canceling headphones.

100%, I'm not a fan of bluetooth headphones at all as it's one more thing to worry about keeping charged and pairing can become a headache. I won't complain if they add the functionality to pins in the future (or is JJP already doing it?) but not a selling point to me at all, would much rather have a 3.5mm jack like on my Hobbit.

#7971 4 years ago

Repost for the morning crowd: if you're buying this game, go take the poll!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-rick-amp-morty-if-so-which-category-are-you-take-the-poll

Over 120 accounted for this far and the results are pretty interesting: half of buyers are first time spooky owners and many of those are first NIB as well. Spooky wanted to take care of its previous customers (and I think they did a great job in trying to accommodate everyone) but even so, with a 50% first-timer rate they had an impossible task. And regardless of which company or title is involved, 50% first-timer sales from an established company is surely almost unheard of these days.

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Both would be nice. Adding BT is a $5 usb dongle. Then have an optional jack.

#7973 4 years ago

There are pros and cons to both wireless or wired headphones. I'm a pretty animated player when I lose. And if I get a cheap drain, I throw my head back and storm away from my machine.
I'll let you visualize the results of a 3 foot wired headphone set when that happens. Plus my secondary insult.

#7974 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

LOL, he said Austria.

Yes he did... that makes a whole lot more sense.

Relevant:

Wish I could post GIFs

#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

It's even easier to put a 3.5mm to BT transmitter on the headphone jack and just use that

#7976 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That post didn't answer the question. The Mars 2400 or 2600 "series" could either be a 12v or 110v wiring option.

I didnt know that. Learned something new today.

Have you tried emailing spooky directly or calling them to find out?

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

YES!

Please, for the love of god, no fucking bluetooth on a pinball machine.

A cord is still 10x easier with 10x better sound you jerrys, and yes I've thoroughly tried (and returned) airpods...

Side note, and I know Danesi would be a fan of this....1/4" headphone jack AND 1/8" jack.....you know this is the way...

#7978 4 years ago

Your problem is you used airpods....

on this topic, I highly prefer bt, but really having both options is a no brainer.

#7979 4 years ago

BT headphones vs wired headphones....welcome to 2020 technologies.

So IF there is any type of Internet connectivity, should we not look forward to WiFi and use a 56k dial up modem in these machines? Asking for a friend...

#7980 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I did this to my garage stereo and my ford focus, works great as a receiver to play music from my phone. Although not sure how the transmit portion would be able to pair with headphones/earbuds.

#7981 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does anyone know if the DBA slot coin door option is wired for 120v or 12v bill acceptor?

#7982 4 years ago

Thx. Guess I missed that.

#7984 4 years ago

I don’t think the dbv door is aesthetically appealing. I want the regular coin slot door for home use. Is the game wired for a bill validator if you don’t get the door upgrade? Something I may add in the future but for current home use I like the look of no bill slot.

#7985 4 years ago
Quoted from Thespiffy53:

Is the game wired for a bill validator if you don’t get the door upgrade?

Very important question for anyone who is planning to route the game.

#7986 4 years ago

The non-bill doors definitely look better, but for the option of having a spot to install the headphone jack and volume control, it is a sacrifice that I will have to make as I would rather have that than centered coin slots. Now just waiting for confirmation from Pinovators that they are designing the Spooky compatible system to fit in that spot.

#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hoping the stream sucks so I can buy a spot in line for a reasonable premium. Not $6000
I was slow to make a decision to get the game. Over winter break I started to watch the series, and wrapping up season 2 I love it now. So sadly I’m on the outside looking in.

What do you mean? Despite the hype, if you still want one, you can still order through a distributor today, a month after sales started.

Or do you just mean you don't want to wait so long? Probably right, likely to get one sooner by resale than to jump in line now.

#7988 4 years ago

Yes he did... that makes a whole lot more sense.
Relevant:
Wish I could post GIFs

In the Attach Images field on the top right.
Drop down on Mid-res to change to PDF/GIF.

#7989 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The non-bill doors definitely look better, but for the option of having a spot to install the headphone jack and volume control, it is a sacrifice that I will have to make as I would rather have that than centered coin slots. Now just waiting for confirmation from Pinovators that they are designing the Spooky compatible system to fit in that spot.

funny, I much prefer the DBV style! Looks way more appealing to me.

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny, I much prefer the DBV style! Looks way more appealing to me.

Plus it gives you a nice place to add some custom themed headphones art.

20180827_213123 (resized).jpg20180827_213123 (resized).jpg
#7991 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Your problem is you used airpods....
on this topic, I highly prefer bt, but really having both options is a no brainer.

^this...I don't even have wired headphones anymore.

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What do you mean? Despite the hype, if you still want one, you can still order through a distributor today, a month after sales started.
Or do you just mean you don't want to wait so long? Probably right, likely to get one sooner by resale than to jump in line now.

Games are still available from distributors, is that actually confirmed?

#7993 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Games are still available from distributors, is that actually confirmed?

yes, try nitro

#7994 4 years ago

Did Nitro get more pins? It seems that they seem to have more remaining from what I see on this thread.

#7995 4 years ago

I'm locked into a standard but was under the impression the game sold out, due to the whole "SOLD OUT" thing. Spots sitting at distributors =/= sold out in my opinion, and seems misleading. Makes zero difference to me one way or the other but I can't believe that #440 spot on ebay has been bid up $1000 over value when spots are still available (I wonder if the guys bidding on that are aware?)

#7996 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm locked into a standard but was under the impression the game sold out, due to the whole "SOLD OUT" thing. Spots sitting at distributors =/= sold out in my opinion, and seems misleading. Makes zero difference to me one way or the other but I can't believe that #440 spot on ebay has been bid up $1000 over value when spots are still available (I wonder if the guys bidding on that are aware?)

Some distributors had commitments from buyers who didn't or haven't send in payment.

#7997 4 years ago

Some distributors have been posting availability since sales opened up and have never stopped.

#7998 4 years ago

For a home environment, if you want Bluetooth just buy a cheap Bluetooth transmitter and plug it into the headphone jack. If you want to switch to standard headphones, unplug it. Problem solved.

I use one of these to sync audio from a projector to a pair of Bluetooth outdoor speakers for movie night on the patio. Works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones/dp/B07W5S2WVN/ref=asc_df_B07W5S2WVN/

#7999 4 years ago

My suggestion, instead of speculating whether or not there are spots available, is to reach out to Spooky distributors and they will tell you if there are spots available or not. Not anything anyone says outside of the distributors should be taken as yes or no.

With that said, as noted in the prior post, there may have been some people that "committed" they may or may not have sent in their deposit.

There would be zero benefit for a distro to have spots, but have the hype call it "sold out."

#8000 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I also got mine from RS-Pinball. Cant wait
I wonder if i'm the only one in The Netherlands with one

If you have the standard then maybe, but I know there will be a Bloodsucker in Brabant

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Trade
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/160?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.