20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 246.
#7801 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game.

You are one of those freaks who doesn't put Whipped Cream on their Pumpkin Pie, aren't you?

#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You are one of those freaks who doesn't put Whipped Cream on their Pumpkin Pie, aren't you?

Pumpkin pie sucks.

#7803 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game.

Back in the day, it was to get your attention in the arcade & part of the overall design. Notice that Addams & Whitewater don’t have the title on the translite - it’s up on the topper. Fish Tales had the loud flapping fish to turn heads at the arcade.

#7804 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fish Tales had the loud flapping fish to turn heads at the arcade.

And in my living room!

I really want to know whose Fish Tales got that sweet Butter Cabinet that was posted in this Thread. I bet that thing looks incredible in person.

#7805 4 years ago

I saw this on Kaneda’s Facebook feed and thought it was quite clever.

7272C0F7-8E74-4841-8B16-609575E21C54 (resized).jpeg7272C0F7-8E74-4841-8B16-609575E21C54 (resized).jpeg
#7806 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Back in the day, it was to get your attention in the arcade & part of the overall design. Notice that Addams & Whitewater don’t have the title on the translite - it’s up on the topper. Fish Tales had the loud flapping fish to turn heads at the arcade.

High Speed/Getaway Light. Whirlwind Fan. F-14 Lights. Dr Who Dalek ...

#7807 4 years ago

to keep in the spirit of pinside I want to say, I can't believe the free gift is an interactive topper with DC (why we have to specify DC I am not sure, are we prejudice against AC?) motor and interactive lighting! I was expecting a plastic keychain or a poster I'll never remove from the tube! not a topper! I am OUTRAGED! OUTRAGED I TELL YOU!!!

/s (just in case)

PS: remember to thank all the Blamphs and Shlaammis that work hard at the Plumbus factory

#7808 4 years ago

I wonder if the poster image is any kind of representation of the topper itself??

#7810 4 years ago

after a hard day’s work i saw 150 new posts thinking wow something exciting happened, only to read 150 thanking spooky for a free topper bahhh get creative pinside.

jk! Thank you Charlie and spooky yayyyy

#7811 4 years ago

Mark me down as another person who wasn’t expecting anything of this scale as the free gift. Spooky are good people, and they make it easy to want to support them in pretty much everything they do. I bought TNA NIB, I have a R&M BS edition on order, and you can bet that I’ll be on board for any future titles with themes that appeal to me. Doing things like this is how you win loyal customers.

Conversely, I’ve come to resent giving Stern money over the past few years, and now actively try to support other manufacturers instead. I’ll give in every now and then - JP2 was too good to pass up - but two out of my three last NIB games have been Spooky and JJP.

#7812 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Now more than ever!

Spooky WAS like the team that won the championship .
Now they're like the team that's won 3 in a row
1 RM
2 Future updates
3 Free topper !
Well done Spooky , congratulations everyone .

IMG_20200114_215509 (resized).jpgIMG_20200114_215509 (resized).jpg
#7813 4 years ago

Regarding updates, not saying modes/adventures will be added but how cool would it be if it was to happen? This type of theme not like a movie or a arc story TV show which has an ending like Breaking Bad for example. But with R&M every show is a different adventure and could be some iconic moment in the future episodes think of Seinfeld some of the best episodes (Shrinkage, Soup Nazi, Puffy Shirt etc..) take place in season 5-8, there will be many signature moments on R&M in the coming seasons.

#7814 4 years ago

I wonder if the Portal will be a light effect in the topper?

#7815 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding updates, not saying modes/adventures will be added but how cool would it be if it was to happen? This type of theme not like a movie or a arc story TV show which has an ending like Breaking Bad for example. But with R&M every show is a different adventure and could be some iconic moment in the future episodes like think of Seinfeld some of the best episodes (Shrinkage, Soup Nazi, Puffy Shirt etc..) take place in season 5-8. For sure there will be some signature moments on R&M in the coming seasons.

my guess is that is why many of the inserts have no text. Will make it possible to get updates for many seasons to come.

#7816 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, I'm not gonna be the one dick that complains about a free topper. I get they cost a fair amount of money and it's super cool and generous of Spooky to include these with the games for free.
That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game. This is obviously cooler than the stuffed animals and action figures I've seen some dudes put up there, but still. So, there's a decent chance I never connect this and leave it in whatever box it comes in. We'll see.
Regardless, class act by Spooky because obviously I seem to be the only asshole not losing their shit over this. SPOOKY ROCKS!

Nah that doesn’t make you an a-hole! Truth be told I don’t really get into the whole topper thing either but I will proudly display it and make sure to tell everyone that spooky gave this to all their customers that bought RM because they’re awesome!!!

#7817 4 years ago

FREE TOPPER!?!?! Excuse me for a moment....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7818 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Nah that doesn’t make you an a-hole! Truth be told I don’t really get into the whole topper thing either but I will proudly display it and make sure to tell everyone that spooky gave this to all their customers that bought RM because they’re awesome!!!

Couldn't agree more, and I should have mentioned this in my above post re Spooky being great. I also don't care for toppers - my POTC LE came with one and it's still in the box. It's the thought and unexpected generosity that has impressed me, not the item itself. Again, Spooky are good people and I'm happy to be able to support them.

#7819 4 years ago

It's probably been stated elsewhere but Spooky has zero reasons to be so generous. All 750 are sold and if the free gift was a pingulp or mug, people would have still been happy.

Yet they put goodwill over profits and do this wonderful gesture for their loyal customers.

Gotta tell you...I'm blown away.

Stern,JJP and others...take note.

#7820 4 years ago

I've decided to sell my topper spot. $5,999.00

#7821 4 years ago

This is my first Spooky purchase, and while nothing has been actually delivered yet, I'm still blown away at their how they are taking care of and interacting with customers. Well done guys, I will definitely be getting a bunch of upgrades as my humble way of saying thank you.

#7822 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Nobody is missing a thing regardless of when you got in or what upgrades you purchased... if you are getting a Rick and Morty, you're getting a topper.
More fun just to keep this simple and say THANK YOU to EVERYONE... properly. All 750 of you.
We don't get to do any of this without you. We wanted to do something really special, Adult Swim allowed us to add this in and approved it quickly, and yeah... feels great to do this.
Have a great night everyone!

Amazing and again so many thanks to you Spooky. But hey can we also get a HUGE thank you to Adult Swim!! What a rare treat in an IP owner we have here. So often the companies that allow a pin to be made using their IP are so difficult and can't be bothered, but here is AS truly doing something amazing for their fans. You've made a huge fan of me and I'm going to go see what other Adult Swim shows there are that I should be watching!

#7823 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

This is my first Spooky purchase, and while nothing has been actually delivered yet, I'm still blown away at their how they are taking care of and interacting with customers. Well done guys, I will definitely be getting a bunch of upgrades as my humble way of saying thank you.

Spooky v Stern is really telling something. Stern does make great pins and I applaud them for keeping the torch burning so to speak don’t know what the Pinball landscape would be like today without Stern (I have bought very many pins from Stern over the years at one point I was 100% Stern lineup) but at some point Stern became a bean-counter corporation. In the dark days, cost cuttings were necessary for Stern (out goes PF support saving a few dollars I suppose) but I’d expect when the good times roll Stern would increase quality and value to go with increased cost. I’m not mad whatever if Stern can sell a Munster LE for $9K good on them, however it could have been much more of a great pin if they had put some more effort (imo) instead fo a rehash of a few other layouts and lackluster rules. BM66 (2x-3x the price TDK with not that much more to it ok LCDs but those are cheap nowadays). I’m almost blown away that Stern started to put PF support in the pro pins (thanks Stern) but then I’m realizing that $6k now pros when LEs were $6700 with mirrored back glass not too long ago.

#7824 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Spooky v Stern is really telling something. Stern does make great pins and I applaud them for keeping the torch burning so to speak don’t know what the Pinball landscape would be like today without Stern (I have bought very many pins from Stern over the years at one point I was 100% Stern lineup) but at some point Stern became a bean-counter corporation. In the dark days, cost cuttings were necessary for Stern (out goes PF support saving a few dollars I suppose) but I’d expect when the good times roll Stern would increase quality and value to go with increased cost. I’m not mad whatever if Stern can sell a Munster LE for $9K good on them, however it could have been much more of a great pin if they had put some more effort (imo) instead fo a rehash of a few other layouts and lackluster rules. BM66 (2x-3x the price TDK with not that much more to it ok LCDs but those are cheap nowadays). I’m almost blown away that Stern started to put PF support in the pro pins (thanks Stern) but then I’m realizing that $6k now pros when LEs were $6700 with mirrored back glass not too long ago.

I was just remarking yesterday as I was in the liquor store buying bourbon on how everything keeps getting more expensive. I used to be able to get a good 100 proof bourbon for 16 bucks or so a few years back, now they average about 26 it seems. Another cost of aging is watching things rise in price I guess. It is good to see some things still can be had for a great deal though (free is a solid deal for the topper).

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This will be my first Spooky pinball...really looking forward to it!

From my perspective, comparing Stern with Spooky is pointless. Like comparing "Olive Garden" with a small, family-owned Italian restaurant. Spooky currently produces ~500 games per year and Stern is likely north of 15,000 per year!

That's a factor of 30. With that type of output, it's not surprising some Stern games are duds and some have quality issues. Building these games is labor intensive and takes skill, and I imagine the assembly line workers aren't highly compensated. Sure, the bean-counters may have some skin in the game, but the challenges facing Stern are multi-faceted. I hope they can work through their growing pains, since JP2 showed me they are still capable of greatness!

#7826 4 years ago

"Thank You" Spooky... so awesome to have toppers for all R&M's. Can't wait.

#7827 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I hope they can work through their growing pains, since JP2 showed me they are still capable of greatness!

I fully understand agree with you, I just bought SW premium comic my first new Stern since STLE, I’m not anti-Stern (Bought 7 nib Stern and another 6 used) But it’s just that Spooky is small company and you can communicate with the design team and company president that I like so much more pleasant to be associated with and I feel like more than just a money giver, almost like we’re in this together type of feeling. I believe Scott and Eric, Charlie... want to make this a great pin as much for themselves as for us. With Sten it feels like money changes hands and that’s it you get what you get.

#7828 4 years ago

So far this has been the perfect storm of awesomeness with killer theme Rick and Morty, active participation by show creator Justin Roiland, an accommodating licensor Adult Swim, badass designer Scott Danesi, brilliant rules director Bowen Kerins, coding genius Eric Priepke, and the pure passion for pinball of Charlie and the whole Spooky team that is making this dream possible!

Super happy to be on this ride while waiting for game #434...it can't get here soon enough!

#7829 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

So far this has been the perfect storm of awesomeness with killer theme Rick and Morty, active participation by show creator Justin Roiland, an accommodating licensor Adult Swim, badass designer Scott Danesi, brilliant rules director Bowen Kerins, coding genius Eric Priepke, and the pure passion for pinball of Charlie and the whole Spooky team that is making this dream possible!
Super happy to be on this ride while waiting for game #434...it can't get here soon enough!

Well said. Agreed.

#7830 4 years ago

You know you have awesome assets when the assets make commercials/teasers for the pin.

#7831 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

For one, I hate (like truly despise) toppers.

What possible reason could you have for hating toppers? Low ceilings, perhaps? I understand that they dont add anything to game play, but typically I think the game can be more aesthetic, especially a game like TAF or TFTC. But Usually it's a very neutral item. Certainly not controversial enough to despise.

#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

What possible reason could you have for hating toppers? Low ceilings, perhaps? I understand that they dont add anything to game play, but typically I think the game can be more aesthetic, especially a game like TAF or TFTC. But Usually it's a very neutral item. Certainly not controversial enough to despise.

Maybe he's really short and they make him look shorter?

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Eh, his opinion. His games. I like toppers, but I don’t think anyone needs to justify why or why not they like toppers. We don’t need topper-gate blowing this thread up. IMO. Pretty soon knocker-gate’s gonna come back...

#7834 4 years ago

Isn't Topper Brit slang for a Blow Job?

Not sure why I think that, but being as this is the internet I am going to assert it as Fact.

#7835 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Pretty soon knocker-gate’s gonna come back...

I can't wait for toppers with knockers.

#7836 4 years ago

Oh lordy, how can anyone hate, even despise, toppers? I looooooooove toppers, they are the best part of any machine. Games look naked without one. I'll play a game without a topper if I have to, but I'll be eyeing up the toppers on neighboring games during the other players' turns. They give me a bit of a chubby, to be honest. My heart is all aflutter wondering what R&M's will look like. This is such a relief, not having to come up with something to top my game, I would have had to cancel otherwise!

Ok, not really, but it's no stupider than "despising" toppers!

#7837 4 years ago

I thought the topper picture in the notice from Spooky was going to be the topper? It looks cool!

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh lordy, how can anyone hate, even despise, toppers? I looooooooove toppers, they are the best part of any machine. Games look naked without one. I'll play a game without a topper if I have to, but I'll be eyeing up the toppers on neighboring games during the other players' turns. They give me a bit of a chubby, to be honest. My heart is all aflutter wondering what R&M's will look like. This is such a relief, not having to come up with something to top my game, I would have had to cancel otherwise!
Ok, not really, but it's no stupider than "despising" toppers!

#7838 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game. This is obviously cooler than the stuffed animals and action figures I've seen some dudes put up there, but still.

whoa, whoa, whoa!

nothing, and I mean NOTHING. is cooler than stuffed animals on a pinball!!

angry snowball agrees!angry snowball agrees!

that being said, maybe Charlie will post photos of the care package that I sent he and his staff last week. it's supposed to arrive today

ps
it's not cheeseballs for fear that bryan "old man" kelly would show up again, and "cheese up" everyone's cabinets that were on the line that day

pps
yay for the gang at spooky for the free gift!

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Isn't Topper Brit slang for a Blow Job?

Not sure why I think that, but being as this is the internet I am going to assert it as Fact.

33 year old Brit here, born and raised in London and I've never heard this one before.

#7840 4 years ago

Well, from here on out, start calling it that. guitarded can be responsible for coining the new Brit slang and you can be responsible for spreading it! The two of you will go down in history!

#7841 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

OMG !!! (Spit my coffee and peed myself a little...)

This is amazing!

#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

33 year old Brit here, born and raised in London and I've never heard this one before.

Too late. I read it on the Internets.

#7843 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

It's probably been stated elsewhere but Spooky has zero reasons to be so generous. All 750 are sold and if the free gift was a pingulp or mug, people would have still been happy.
Yet they put goodwill over profits and do this wonderful gesture for their loyal customers.
Gotta tell you...I'm blown away.
Stern,JJP and others...take note.

Excellent post but why does stern need to take note? Pinsiders buy themes, that's all they take note of.

#7844 4 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Excellent post but why does stern need to take note? Pinsiders buy themes, that's all they take note of.

Because when companies compete, consumers win.

#7845 4 years ago

Excellent post but why does stern need to take note?

STERN : You think with a financial statement like this you can have ze Topper?!

#7846 4 years ago

Themes yes, but more and more I buy these expensive toys looking for quality and a company I like. Spooky has truly set the bar high, and that was before they gave us a topper. They are family run, and make you feel like a member with how they treat their customers. Stern treated me well when I had problems, but Spooky makes you feel like their whole company is thrown behind you to make things right, when things go wrong. Just my opinion.

#7847 4 years ago

Spooky needs to modify their tagline!

From "The best pinball company in Benton, Wi!"

To "The best pinball company, in Benton, Wi!"

#7848 4 years ago

250 new posts since I last checked in...I was like oh cool a video

Nope——Free topper

#7849 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Nope——Free topper

So are you disappointed?

#7850 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Nope——Free topper

First world problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
10,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/157?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.