20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 246.
#7751 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

For one, I hate (like truly despise) toppers. But putting that aside, I will never again pay Spooky (although technically I paid Fawzma directly) for something that promises future game-integrated functionality. I bought the Rob Zombie apron mod a few years back because of what it was promised to evolve into. Well, that never happened. I still support Spooky when it comes to their games -- I bought TNA and have a R&M reserved. So I don't hold animosity toward the company in general. But I would never, ever buy something related to a game based on "all the cool stuff" that it will supposedly do someday. Fawzma seems like a cool dude, and he was certainly busy frying bigger fish than the RZ mod. Who knows, maybe he'll actually work on it someday before I die. But for now, none of that makes my burnt $300 feel any better.
Live and Learn!

Just curious, are you gonna hate this topper?

#7752 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Spooky “gets it”

Yes they do.

I bought TNA and was very impressed so that’s why I’m a repeat buyer. Stern might have the mass market but Spooky goes the sutra mile.

First saying updates to code as more episodes are made and now the topper.

#7753 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Still bummed I wasn’t able to get one.

You can come over and play ours when we get it.

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

And if you really appreciate Spooky Pinball and I do....
please make your payments by way of check to help them avoid the cc fees. They’ve proven that you will get a game!

This is a superb point that can’t be emphasized enough. Like others have said I’ll buy some more extras for my machine as well.

#7755 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is a superb point that can’t be emphasized enough. Like others have said I’ll buy some more extras for my machine as well.

Everything but butter... and the bill acceptor.

#7756 4 years ago

So awesome that Spooky chose something so huge to say thanks.
Just like having Christmas come right after Christmas.

#7757 4 years ago

Stern vs Spooky
Spooky: We are giving every R&M buyer a topper!
Stern: A FREE BANNER TO ONE LUCKY PERSON WATCHING THE NST STREAM!

Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE NOW: Stern Pinball rules designer Mike Vinikour in tha house playing and talking Stranger Things Pinball!
AND FREE BANNER GIVEAWAY!
twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball[quoted image]

#7758 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'd say anyone who wants to say a special thank you to Spooky Pinball, needs to send a tub of cheese balls.
A big fucking tub of cheese balls!
SEND NOW!

Cheese balls incoming in 3, 2, 1...

#7759 4 years ago

Oh great, now I'll have to be a lifetime customer and buy everything Spooky makes...

Seriously, this is what I'm going to do. I love this place!

#7760 4 years ago

Unreal! Thanks SpookyCharlie and everyone else at Spooky. That's very exciting!
Like most of us I was not expecting something so... awesome!

#7761 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Everything but butter... and the bill acceptor.

It has been pointed out but bears repeating I guess, the bill acceptor option is just for the door that will take one. Not the actual acceptor.

There are other things that might go in that blank to consider as well.

Oh, and AWESOME about the TOPPER! Literally awesome.

#7762 4 years ago

The thank you is a topper!?!?!!! Thank you, Spooky! This just keeps getting better.

#7763 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It has been pointed out but bears repeating I guess, the bill acceptor option is just for the door that will take one. Not the actual acceptor.
There are other things that might go in that blank to consider as well.
Oh, and AWESOME about the TOPPER! Literally awesome.

Did anyone find out if a headphone kit would go in the bill acceptor opening?

#7764 4 years ago

^^^ pinheadpieere maybe the best avatar ever....

#7765 4 years ago

I think I snuck in

#7766 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So the ONLY games that wont get topper are for the people that flipped them?

I down voted this bcuz... I didn't buy on day one. Apparently, there will be some of us who will be shunned for this

BTW: I'm a long time past Spooky Customer with (2) NIB purchases AMH & RZLE

Kerry

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I down voted this bcuz... I didn't buy on day one. Apparently, there will be some of us who will be shunned for this
BTW: I'm a long time past Spooky Customer with (2) NIB purchases AMH & RZLE
Kerry

From my read/understanding, 750 games...750 toppers...period. Spooky has really elevated the bar and put the customer first...I for one, say THANK YOU! Totally unexpected.

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I down voted this bcuz... I didn't buy on day one.

I thought it was for purchases within the first 48 hours.
Sorry if you missed the window, but I don't see it as shunning anyone but as a way of rewarding some.

#7769 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

From my read/understanding, 750 games...750 toppers...period. Spooky has really elevated the bar and put the customer first...I for one, say THANK YOU! Totally unexpected.

Yeah I am pretty sure SpookyCharlie has said everyone more than once.

#7770 4 years ago

Just heard about the topper as the gift. Spooky really raising the bar. That's at least 400-600 from Stern. Nice job.

#7771 4 years ago
9072FD06-A7D4-46FA-BA04-35C559828272 (resized).jpeg9072FD06-A7D4-46FA-BA04-35C559828272 (resized).jpeg
#7772 4 years ago

I bought a Star Wars and jones'ed for the R2D2 topper for months before finally giving up interest, and then was happy I did when I saw how much they ended up wanting for it.

I wondered if Spooky would even make a topper for R&M, and if I would buy one, and then Spooky tells us "oh, we're making one and you can have it for free."

This was unexpected, and unnecessarily generous of you, Spooky! Thanks so much!

#7773 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Yeah I am pretty sure SpookyCharlie has said everyone more than once.

Screenshot_20200113-224945_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200113-224945_Facebook (resized).jpg
#7774 4 years ago

Im a bit speechless right now. WOW, just....WOW.

#7775 4 years ago

Way to go, Spooky! Thanks for the topper!

This is my third machine from you guys, after TNA and ACNC. Thanks for the fantastic, immersive games. Solid builds, great artwork and sound/music. Great gameplay. Completely different feel and experience, one design to the next. And R&M will be another completely different design.

Not a "mass market" company, at all.

They care.

#7776 4 years ago

Thank you so much SpookyCharlie
What a great gesture.
The way this game is developing, it really feels like the best thing to happen to this hobby in ages

#7777 4 years ago

This is so cool, so far the best experience I could have imagined as a first time nib buyer. Now they just have to come through with a good game, haha.

I think I am most excited about the potential flow of shots in the game. There are several ways to get the ball to the upper flipper and it’s so heavily incorporated into the game with two important shots that can only be hit from there. The upper loop into the lower garage shot is going to be a great combo, especially since it continues with the teleport to the left flipper, then you can go right back to the upper flipper on that turnaround shot. I hope these types of combos are incorporated into the code well.

I have a Shadow and that upper flipper makes the game for me, but this game looks like it has so much more potential in that regard because of all the options the two shots, diverter, and portal give you and the several ways to feed the flipper.

#7778 4 years ago

I think this is such great timing to keep excitement and buzz about the game going as we wait patiently for the first game play video. Genius.

#7779 4 years ago

Nobody is missing a thing regardless of when you got in or what upgrades you purchased... if you are getting a Rick and Morty, you're getting a topper.

More fun just to keep this simple and say THANK YOU to EVERYONE... properly. All 750 of you.

We don't get to do any of this without you. We wanted to do something really special, Adult Swim allowed us to add this in and approved it quickly, and yeah... feels great to do this.

Have a great night everyone!

#7780 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Nobody is missing a thing regardless of when you got in or what upgrades you purchased... if you are getting a Rick and Morty, you're getting a topper.
More fun just to keep this simple and say THANK YOU to EVERYONE... properly. All 750 of you.
We don't get to do any of this without you. We wanted to do something really special, Adult Swim allowed us to add this in and approved it quickly, and yeah... feels great to do this.

Thank you Charlie and team! Safe travels and enjoy TPF

#7781 4 years ago

Who is going to pay in order to raise my basement ceiling? A wonderful gesture, we now know there will be 750 limited edition toppers made.

#7782 4 years ago

750 super happy people! You guys are number 1 in my book. Thank you very much

#7783 4 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Legendary move by Spooky!

They could have revealed this at the next (Texas) Show and got us all in a frenzy for it...

instead, they just kneecapped the competition and earned themselves 700+ dedicated customers.

So Rick.

#7784 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Who is going to pay in order to raise my basement ceiling? A wonderful gesture, we now know there will be 750 limited edition toppers made.

I have migrated my games to include the basement and the main level. My house looks like a Dave n Busters! Toppers are no problem.

#7785 4 years ago

And awaaaaay we go!

#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have migrated my games to include the basement and the main level. My house looks like a Dave n Busters! Toppers are no problem.

You are a good man! I have had them on all floors in the past, but in this house.... yet.

#7787 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You are a good man! I have had them on all floors in the past, but in this house.... yet.

Helps to have a wife addicted to pinball as much as me. Old school gamer. We have officially become an empty nester...so the house arcade is on!

#7788 4 years ago

Truly a class act.

Customer for life.

#7789 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7790 4 years ago

Thank you Spooky! You guys are truly the best!

#7791 4 years ago

And just so I am clear on this...

There will be no Thank You Cheeses?

#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

And just so I am clear on this...
There will be no Thank You Cheeses?

Maybe they can carve your topper out of cheese for you.

#7793 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie

I hope to shake your hand and say thank you in person when I pick up my RM pinball machine in person!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AT SPOOKY!!!

#7794 4 years ago

Outstanding Charlie and the Spooky Crew! You certainly raised the bar with the competition and I applaud you for your generous act to your customers. You have certainly earned me as a customer on your future games! Well Done!

#7795 4 years ago

This is my first Spooky as well as my first NIB. I can see that my decision to purchase R&M (decision? Yeah, Right! Come Hell or Highwater I was going to own this!) was the right one. Thank You Charlie and Thank You everyone at Spooky Pinball! You guys ROCK!

#7796 4 years ago

Unbelievable. Spooky wins at everything.

Might just have to upgrade to butter cabinet now....to even things out.

My (flawed) logic is the last topper sold was Star Wars for $750, so if I get the R&M topper for free then I can spend $750 on something else. $999 for butter sounds about right.

Amazing what you can talk yourself into when you’re an addict.

#7797 4 years ago

How do we say thank you to Adult Swim for being so flexible on this and other licensing approvals?

We could all sign a card

#7798 4 years ago

This just makes me want to get schwifty!!!

Now that I don’t need to worry about spending money on an add-on mod (topper) for $500+, I can look forward to expanding my home arcade and grab a NBA Jam mini cab once they go on sale.

This just made made me not feel like a Jerry for not being invited to Vindicators 2!!!

#7799 4 years ago

This news gave me Super Spooky Powers & I jammed on my TNA & had my best game ever! 7 reactors, bit the dust on reactor 8...heard some sweet new music!

TNA is just pure delicious magic. R&M is going to be bonkers.

968166D5-5B5E-45EE-A11A-3F1C3FA2A6A6.jpeg968166D5-5B5E-45EE-A11A-3F1C3FA2A6A6.jpeg
#7800 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just curious, are you gonna hate this topper?

Well, I'm not gonna be the one dick that complains about a free topper. I get they cost a fair amount of money and it's super cool and generous of Spooky to include these with the games for free.

That said, I just fundamentally don't get the allure of shit on top of a game. This is obviously cooler than the stuffed animals and action figures I've seen some dudes put up there, but still. So, there's a decent chance I never connect this and leave it in whatever box it comes in. We'll see.

Regardless, class act by Spooky because obviously I seem to be the only asshole not losing their shit over this. SPOOKY ROCKS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 300.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/156?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.