20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 246.
#7651 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

It's my first post on the topic. Not sure what to rest from?
Anyway - As was mentioned, they will get busy on the next game, and we will have what we have at some point on R&M because they have to move on to make new money.
This is the way.
My only point was we could get years more out of a machine if it was profitable to continue to add content. Irrespective of the debate, that notion is hugely compelling to me as a customer.

I liked your points on DLC with pinball, it makes sense given the abilities to update software theses day, and it could be a good option.

Some people just like to reflect negativity
And don’t have an open mind. Also, seems like there a lot of telephone tough guys or “thread” tough guys in this case.

If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it. This is a thread and I think anyone can offer opinions and such.

If you don’t like it then ignore it!

Sheesh!

#7652 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Cliff notes - The DLC debate has been raging since before Christmas in the Stranger Things thread and some even spilled over into this thread briefly. We do not want that debate to take over the thread, like it did in Stranger Things. Hence, the hostility your first post on the subject generated. There are other threads where this discussion can be had and it’s not peculiar to R&M and we are all having a lot of fun in this thread without having a discussion on a topic like DLC.

#7653 4 years ago

< Insert non-relevant picture of knockers here >

#7655 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Anyway - As was mentioned, they will get busy on the next game, and we will have what we have at some point on R&M because they have to move on to make new money.
This is the way.
My only point was we could get years more out of a machine if it was profitable to continue to add content. Irrespective of the debate, that notion is hugely compelling to me as a customer.

Did you not listen to the interview?

They are already planning on doing updates with new material from future seasons. And TnA is getting updates even though it is two games ago...
Spooky is doing it right imo. Charging $50 for code update is not worth it.

#7656 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Did you not listen to the interview?

They are already planning on doing updates with new material from future seasons. And TnA is getting updates even though it is two games ago...
Spooky is doing it right imo. Charging $50 for code update is not worth it.

Yah I listened. And it sounds great. If it's a Lyman like experience it's awesome. But ultimately time is expensive at some point, people have to move on. Unless coding is a night time hobby like it is for Lyman, and it's done out of passion instead of survival.

Anyway - as the moderator has noted, lets end it here. Sorry for the derail. Didn't mean to step on the latest Pinside killing mine.

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Charlie already said somewhere that he looks forward to working with Adult Swim into the future. At first I thought it was regarding other AS themes (like Squidbillies , but the more stuff I read and listen to, it's becoming clearer he was talking about updating R&M with future content from the show.
Apologies for not having links for what he said. I believe it was in his first couple statements announcing the game.

just hope they don't hold up bug fixes that are part of an content updates.

#7659 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yah I listened. And it sounds great. If it's a Lyman like experience it's awesome. But ultimately time is expensive at some point, people have to move on. Unless coding is a night time hobby like it is for Lyman, and it's done out of passion instead of survival.
Anyway - as the moderator has noted, lets end it here. Sorry for the derail.

And Eric Priepke is on code. That's what the guy does... nonstop. Have you seen how long he has been working on CCC and how many updates he releases? Have you seen how much new content he puts into that project on a regular basis? Pretty sure this is a guy that was hired to continue his "night time hobby". The guy works endlessly on projects he loves and I am pretty sure R&M will be one of those as well.

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

And Eric Priepke is on code. That's what the guy does... nonstop. Have you seen how long he has been working on CCC and how many updates he releases? Have you seen how much new content he puts into that project on a regular basis? Pretty sure this is a guy that was hired to continue his "night time hobby". The guy works endlessly on projects he loves and I am pretty sure R&M will be one of those as well.

Yah - I noticed his programming studio for R&M looks like it's in his bedroom. So no doubt we are in good hands.

#7661 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Anyway - as the moderator has noted, lets end it here. Sorry for the derail. Didn't mean to step on the latest Pinside killing mine.

Not a derail at all IMO and I'm bringing this back. I would absolutely pay good money for a big content update years down the road after the game has already been sufficiently polished, the concern is opening the doors for paid DLC would allow manufacturers to ship unfinished games and then charge customers for what should have been delivered in the first place (can you imagine if Stern were to charge for it's substantial updates on something like Batman?)

But if 5 years from now, Spooky announced a Rick and Morty Expansion Pack with more modes, callouts, animations, etc? I'd be ecstatic and would have no problem paying hundreds of dollars for something like that, or whatever Spooky would need to charge to justify bringing in voice actors and reassigning programmers to an old game. I've got a LOTR and recently realized the "Cave Troll" scene was disabled, it's dumb how excited I got over a single new animation/scene I had never seen while playing the game on location.

That being said, if Spooky/Scott/Bowen/Priepke want to do essentially the above, for free, all the more reason for me to keep giving Spooky my money in the future

#7662 4 years ago

Hey SpookyCharlie or @spookycharlie, how's that gameplay vid coming along?

#7663 4 years ago

With games being picked up this week, I think they have their hands full.

#7664 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Hey spookycharlie or spookycharlie, how's that gameplay vid coming along?

Listen to that Podcast posted yesterday. It will be a little bit before we get a vid, I think.

#7665 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Listen to that Podcast posted yesterday. It will be a little bit before we get a vid, I think.

Thanks man, will do.

#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Hey spookycharlie or spookycharlie, how's that gameplay vid coming along?

Bowen seemed to indicate it would be a couple weeks out.

#7667 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Not a derail at all IMO and I'm bringing this back. I would absolutely pay good money for a big content update years down the road after the game has already been sufficiently polished, the concern is opening the doors for paid DLC would allow manufacturers to ship unfinished games and then charge customers for what should have been delivered in the first place (can you imagine if Stern were to charge for it's substantial updates on something like Batman?)
But if 5 years from now, Spooky announced a Rick and Morty Expansion Pack with more modes, callouts, animations, etc? I'd be ecstatic and would have no problem paying hundreds of dollars for something like that, or whatever Spooky would need to charge to justify bringing in voice actors and reassigning programmers to an old game. I've got a LOTR and recently realized the "Cave Troll" scene was disabled, it's dumb how excited I got over a single new animation/scene I had never seen while playing the game on location.
That being said, if Spooky/Scott/Bowen/Priepke want to do essentially the above, for free, all the more reason for me to keep giving Spooky my money in the future

You hit exactly what I was going to say. If this hobby had a track record of delivering complete code on games, and DLC was above and beyond that, I think many would be on board. But EVERY manufacturer is releasing games with incomplete code, so introducing DLC becomes a slippery slope. How would you define complete? What code updates do customers deserve as part of what they paid originally and what qualifies as a future up-charge?

In concept, I like the DLC idea to breathe new life into old games that otherwise wouldn't get touched. But there's so much cynicism around code (and rightly so) that this won't fly. The first time some manufacturer did this, everyone would assume they were sandbagging the initial release and that the DLC should have been included for free. Based on how long game code has taken every manufacturer to complete, it would be hard to argue against that feeling.

#7668 4 years ago

All I have to say about this DLC ruckus is that it's overblown. Pinball machines are physical objects, unlike video games. Isn't that a main reason we love them? Any DLC would not change that underlying reality, and it will never be a major factor or revenue source for pinball.

Once we are all in sensory deprivation tanks, being fed by tubes and playing VR pinball, all bets are off.

#7669 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Once we are all in sensory deprivation tanks, being fed by tubes and playing VR pinball, all bets are off.

We are already there. Humanity is trapped inside a simulated reality. You obviously chose the blue pill and will remain blissfully ignorant of reality. I chose the red pill, and daily life inside the Matrix is hard.

#7670 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.
But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.
Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.
What’s $30-$40 bucks for a full pack update now and then?
Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.
It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.
Ok downvote away.

Shame on you & everyone responsible for the person you’ve become.

Please give your spot to someone who understands pinball & will appreciate it.

Then punch yourself in the dick for 8 hours. If you get tired, ask someone else to finish your shift.

#7671 4 years ago

I really think Spooky should get on this Game play video before the first person takes delivery. I would hate to see some guy showing game play for the first time and not do the game justice and bricking shots all over. Doesnt have to be this over the top 2h live stream. Just some footage of a mode or 2 and some shots being made with simple rule run through would suite me just fine!

#7672 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I really think Spooky should get on this Game play video before the first person takes delivery. I would hate to see some guy showing game play for the first time and not do the game justice and bricking shots all over. Doesnt have to be this over the top 2h live stream. Just some footage of a mode or 2 and some shots being made with simple rule run through would suite me just fine!

A stream with Zach/SDTM would be ideal.

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Zach is Sterns hypeman...I'd much rather see Bowen and Danesi playing it in the first stream.

#7674 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Zach is Sterns hypeman...I'd much rather see Bowen and Danesi playing it in the first stream.

This is All That Is Needed!!

#7675 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yah - I noticed his programming studio for R&M looks like it's in his bedroom. So no doubt we are in good hands.

That was only when I had to keep it secret (we host a local casual league). It's in the basement with the rest of the pins now.

#7676 4 years ago

I've now watched every episode of Rick and Morty...it's so great! I'll probably go back and watch them again.

I had never heard of the show when the pin was announced, and it made me curious. I bought the seasons in digital format on Amazon.

Definitely want this pin now. I'm hoping some spots open, or someone is willing to sell a BSE spot for a descent price.

#7677 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then punch yourself in the dick for 8 hours. If you got tired, ask someone else to finish your shift.

What? Where’ s the RM humor?
C’mon man! This is the RM pinball thread.

You should’ve said;
Then punch yourself in the flooblecrank for 8 hours!

#7678 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then punch yourself in the dick for 8 hours. If you got tired, ask someone else to finish your shift.

Thanks for upholding the Pinside bully stuff. Hope you've found it fulfilling.

#7679 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Does this mean you’re not going to give up your spot and repedidly punch yourself in the dick?

#7680 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

No one's saying Bowen or Danesi shouldn't be playing on the first stream. My point is that Zach is good at putting on a good looking and professional stream even when he's not playing on it. Also the last thing I'd call Zach is a stern hypeman. I've literally called him to buy a stern machine and he's flat out talked me out of it because it wasn't a good pin for me, at the cost of losing a sale for him.

#7681 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No one's saying Bowen or Danesi shouldn't be playing on the first stream. My point is that Zach is good at putting on a good looking and professional stream. Also the last thing I'd call Zach is a stern hypeman.

To be precise, Zach has been a JJP hypeman in the past with that beautiful Wonka promo video they did. No worries though, I'm sure he'd do a fine job on any game. But my vote would be with Bowen since he's already given tutorials on basically every other game in existence with his PAPA affiliation. Sounds like he doesn't have a game himself yet. Hmm...

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Does this mean you’re not going to give up your spot and repedidly punch yourself in the dick?

If it had the side effect of deflating his ego, I'd consider it.

#7683 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So the problem is they are building a new pin and time=money. To set this up is super time consuming and is one of the reasons this has not happened yet.

#7684 4 years ago

I am sure Jack will drive his gear up to Spooky like he did for ACNC. I'd expect Bowen and Scott to be playing on the stream. My guess is Friday, January 31. Hopefully this year he doesn't get lost in a snow storm on the way back to Chicago.

#7685 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Also the last thing I'd call Zach is a stern hypeman.

I've always like Zach and SDTM, but it's starting to feel more and more like he is just a Stern shill. I've never heard him say a bad thing about Stern in all the media I've heard him on. I could be wrong, but it's just been feeling more and more like that to me. I'm sure Stern is the bread and butter of a company like Flip N Out, so I understand. Bottom line is I don't care to see him be the first one streaming R&M.

#7686 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you serious? What a shitty comment.

#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Bully?! I’m standing up for the pinball customer! Someone who spends $8k on a game should never be bullied to pay more for a complete game. Ever. That price has been paid with the initial purchase. You can’t be on the side of taking advantage of pinball customers & call me a bully.

Quoted from SkillShot:

Are you serious? What a shitty comment.

Advocating paid DLC pinball is pure evil. My comment was restrained, if anything.

#7689 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've always like Zach and SDTM, but it's starting to feel more and more like he is just a Stern shill. I've never heard him say a bad thing about Stern in all the media I've heard him on. I could be wrong, but it's just been feeling more and more like that to me. I'm sure Stern is the bread and butter of a company like Flip N Out, so I understand. Bottom line is I don't care to see him be the first one streaming R&M.

Total shill. All their Stern reviews are “weee!! Yay! This is amazing” ...then they review a classic like Addams, a game 100x what lost Sterns could hope to be, and they crap on it. Clear and transparently trying to suppress the classic game market by gaslighting potential customers into thinking new = better.

#7690 4 years ago

Looks like free toppers for all

6E0BDB12-ADE3-42B1-9BAD-970B02480AA5 (resized).jpeg6E0BDB12-ADE3-42B1-9BAD-970B02480AA5 (resized).jpeg
#7691 4 years ago

That is very generous. Thanks Spoooky!

#7692 4 years ago

My wife and I just saw this! Stern SW topper is $750...Spooky’s R&M topper is a “Thank you”. What an incredible company!!!!

#7693 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

Holy Guacamole ! Thanks awesome!
Thanks Spooky!

tenor-3.giftenor-3.gif
#7694 4 years ago

Pinsiders: We want to spend even more money on stuff!

Spooky: FREE TOPPERS FOR ALL!!!!!!

Class act, Spooky...class act. Legends, even.

#7695 4 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Looks like free toppers for all[quoted image]

#7696 4 years ago

Legendary move by Spooky!

#7697 4 years ago

Gameplay Interactive Lighting, and Animated, too!!!!

OoooooWweeeeeE!!

AWESOME!!! ... a company resetting the standard to where Toppers are Part of the Game! .... rather than an option, at extra cost, for your limited edition game.

I've always believed if you are buying a Limited Edition that any factory topper designed specifically for the game, should naturally be included at no extra cost, as a part of the LE game.

Can't wait to see a few pics!! . Go Spooky!

Thank You!

#7698 4 years ago

I had to check their facebook because this sounded too good to be true. Its real. Fang Club 4 Life! Thanks Spooky!

#7699 4 years ago

Wow. Blown away. I know I’m more inclined to add stuff to my game now based on that gesture alone. That’s how you get customers for life.

#7700 4 years ago

This kinda makes me want to buy some extra upgrades I was gonna pass on - ya know when you’re at a restaurant and they forget to charge you for an item...and you decide to leave a bigger tip?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/154?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.