20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 246.
#7601 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Idea for a multiplayer Topper...
I just listened to the first portion of Slap Save's most recent podcast...great job by the way on that show. Listening to Bowen talk about how you are a Morty and how there are challenges in keeping track of progress across games...I began to wonder if it would make sense for Spooky to come out with a super innovative topper that not only looks awesome; but, also incorporates an aspect of player recognition (XBOX Kinect based sensor like), multiplayer support and remote code updates which would be delivered via the topper which could have the necessary networking components to make it happen and connect via USB to the main system. Advantages I can think of doing this is that having your networking components on top of the machine would give better wifi coverage. Kinect Sensor used to identify players (facial recognition) would be in an ideal location above the machine looking at the player, and having embedded cameras (audio and video capable) for net based play against other locations would be awesome. Cameras could also be used for streamers (go-live integration). And on screen display could be done in a non-obtrusive postage stamp view like way where the feed comes across of the other player in the corner of the main display for the machine so you can see and talk to the other person across the net. Hell, lets use our Fang club memberships as a player identification system. In order to do online play you would need a Fang club membership which would be great value to us and bring an ROI to spooky on an annual basis. Maybe even multiplied value for them if each recognizable player would require that account with them. Then spooky maintains the game history, profiles, high scores, game updates distributed as part of the Fang membership. I for one would pay a lot for a topper that would incorporate that much functionality and look good at the same time. Spooky could stay focused on building code functionality now with the intent on doing something along these lines many months from now as a way to bridge additional sales in between game creation while dipping their toes int he water on multiplayer based functionality.

For one, I hate (like truly despise) toppers. But putting that aside, I will never again pay Spooky (although technically I paid Fawzma directly) for something that promises future game-integrated functionality. I bought the Rob Zombie apron mod a few years back because of what it was promised to evolve into. Well, that never happened. I still support Spooky when it comes to their games -- I bought TNA and have a R&M reserved. So I don't hold animosity toward the company in general. But I would never, ever buy something related to a game based on "all the cool stuff" that it will supposedly do someday. Fawzma seems like a cool dude, and he was certainly busy frying bigger fish than the RZ mod. Who knows, maybe he'll actually work on it someday before I die. But for now, none of that makes my burnt $300 feel any better.

Live and Learn!

#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

For one, I hate (like truly despise) toppers. But putting that aside, I will never again pay Spooky (although technically I paid Fawzma directly) for something that promises future game-integrated functionality. I bought the Rob Zombie apron mod a few years back because of what it was promised to evolve into. Well, that never happened. I still support Spooky when it comes to their games -- I bought TNA and have a R&M reserved. So I don't hold animosity toward the company in general. But I would never, ever buy something related to a game based on "all the cool stuff" that it will supposedly do someday. Fawzma seems like a cool dude, and he was certainly busy frying bigger fish than the RZ mod. Who knows, maybe he'll actually work on it someday before I die. But for now, none of that makes my burnt $300 feel any better.
Live and Learn!

I believe that Bowen and Eric were hired to help with deficiencies in the area you are describing. No worry with Rick and Morty from me. Regarding the RZ apron mod specifically, I think they just tried to squeeze too much out of the “pinheck” board set. Happy to see they have moved on to a more robust platform.

#7603 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

while you wait for game play video

this is awesome!

thanks for sharing it

#7604 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is awesome. I was going to summarize the podcast but slapsave deserves your click for this one. Tons of great new stuff to learn here.

If you can summarize, it is appreciated.

#7605 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you can summarize, it is appreciated.

The player is Morty ( could be any Morty from any dimension) and Ricky is telling you what to do.

The dimensions you go to via the portal is random until you get your Morty adventure card filled, then you can pick the dimension you want. This is just like the show where Morty gets to choose an adventure every 10 adventures.

Might have game start with several adventure stamps already on the card.

Different dimensions have different changes in gameplay. For example one dimension might have pop bumper disabled while another might have standup targets worth more points than usual, etc.

Collect megaseeds to increase bonus multiplier. I think he said 5% increase per mega seed collected?

Talked about the 1% swearing callout option was an idea he got from from older Bally William's games that had some callouts that were rare. For example in Elvira Scared Stiff, she calls "the bony beast" ramp "the bony breast" ramp on rare occasions.

Was informative podcast, highly recommend giving it a listen.

#7606 4 years ago

Thx. Will listen if I get some down time

#7607 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Talked about the 1% swearing callout option was an idea he got from from older Bally William's games that had some callouts that were rare. For example in Elvira Scared Stiff, she calls "the bony beast" ramp "the bony breast" ramp on rare occasions.

This will be awesome. One of the tings I really miss from those WPC era games are the cool quotes that drop so very rarely, always smile when I hear them.

#7608 4 years ago

I have a R&M coming and I dont really want to sell any of my games...

This is a serious first world problem.

The struggle is real!

#notenoughroomfornewpinball

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have a R&M coming and I dont really want to sell any of my games...
This is a serious first world problem.
The struggle is real!
#notenoughroomfornewpinball

I’m in the same boat but I have a high production number so I have a lot of time to decide what to do.

#7610 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

I’m in the same boat but I have a high production number so I have a lot of time to decide what to do.

My number is 317...
Its gonna be here real soon OoooooWeeeeee! lol

What would Noob noob do.......?

#7611 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yep so 20 seeds is 100% boost, similar to a 2x multiplier and it carries over to remaining balls. 100 seeds is the max and is similar to a 5x multiplier. I like this method of linking the seeds to multiplier, applying it to your total score and carrying it over. Won’t be long now til we see first game delivered and can watch game play footage. Maybe Spooky will honor us with a stream that shows who has game -> pitting Scott D, Eric P, David vE, Bowen K and Justin R.

Agree, it makes the playfield multiplier less exploitable, and based more on playing better. It essentially removes the huge outliers and in some cases luck (like getting 40X multiplier on a key shot on Star Wars).

I'm also guessing that there will be well more than 10 adventures then (otherwise, what's the point of getting to choose one, if you will end up playing the full roster anyway)! I like that Rick's adventures are completely random.

#7612 4 years ago

Push The Button!!

"Mr Meeseeks, make my game room have space for One More pin!"

"OoooooWweeee, Caan Do!. I'm Mr Meeseeks, Look at Me!"

#7613 4 years ago

My number is 317...

This “noob” is ok with the wait. By the time I get it I’ll have sorted out my collection, Spooky will have fleshed out most or all of the bugs, the code will be hopefully complete and I’ll have a stable game.

#7614 4 years ago

My number is 317...

Your collection is rock solid.

Time to build a second or third floor..!

#7615 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Thanks guys! Wow, you work fast. I was planning on sharing it for all of you, but you beat me to it. Would have loved to dive a little deeper into the rules and details of the game but he couldn't share too much at this point. Hope you enjoy(ed) it.
Here is the link, and I won't clog things up anymore so I can eagerly follow the conversation with the rest of you!
-Jason
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-53-bowen-kerins-interview-rick-morty-rules-designer/
[quoted image]

Listened to it last night before I went to bed.
Really great episode!
This is exactly the kind of content I want to listen to.

#7616 4 years ago

I really enjoyed Bowen's talk on balanced rules. From his comments near the end it sounds like this game is going to be a real ass kicker. Love it!

#7617 4 years ago

Time Released Code Updates Confirmed!

New content from future seasons to drop in from time to time!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-january-13th-2019/

Scott: “As for expandable content and stuff that we’re planning on in the future – we are planning on releasing time released code updates for this thing. So like as new things happen in the season, we’re going to be releasing new little chunks every once in a while. We’re going to be around to support it. Erik [Priepke] is an amazing programmer, Bowen [Kerins] is an awesome rules designer, so we’re going to keep going with this…they’re not going to give up on it.

The time released stuff I’m really excited about, because as new seasons come on-line we’ll be able to get stuff from Cartoon Network we’ll be able to put it in the machine. Erik has built the framework so that it’s a lot easier to implement that stuff.

It’s not going to be a “keep up with the show” thing, but it’s going to be like if something really significant happens.. a cult following happens around space snakes or something. The next pickle rick happens, that obviously has to be put into the machine, because then otherwise you end with something like South Park where you end up just locked in to the first season, you know?”

#7618 4 years ago

OK,this is starting to sound like the B66 infinite code updating!!! New code every couple months for a year or 2!!

#7619 4 years ago

Still bummed I wasn’t able to get one.

#7620 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Dont be a jerry, jerry. There are spots out there.

#7621 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Dont be a jerry, jerry. There are spots out there.

Right, you just need a shit ton of cash to buy said spot...

money_3_large (resized).jpgmoney_3_large (resized).jpg
#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,this is starting to sound like the B66 infinite code updating!!! New code every couple months for a year or 2!!

I don't want to be Mr. Poopy Butthole here but might temper those expectations, there's been 1 major code update on Alice Cooper in basically 10 months. I don't think we can expect code roll outs every couple of months. Here's to hoping it is more frequent though.

#7623 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Scott: “As for expandable content and stuff that we’re planning on in the future – we are planning on releasing time released code updates for this thing. So like as new things happen in the season, we’re going to be releasing new little chunks every once in a while. We’re going to be around to support it. Erik [Priepke] is an amazing programmer, Bowen [Kerins] is an awesome rules designer, so we’re going to keep going with this…they’re not going to give up on it.
The time released stuff I’m really excited about, because as new seasons come on-line we’ll be able to get stuff from Cartoon Network we’ll be able to put it in the machine. Erik has built the framework so that it’s a lot easier to implement that stuff.
It’s not going to be a “keep up with the show” thing, but it’s going to be like if something really significant happens.. a cult following happens around space snakes or something. The next pickle rick happens, that obviously has to be put into the machine, because then otherwise you end with something like South Park where you end up just locked in to the first season, you know?”

That’s awesome.

#7624 4 years ago

I don't hedge my bets on promises like this. I know they probably mean it right now, but it rarely works out that way.

#7625 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't want to be Mr. Poopy Butthole here but might temper those expectations, there's been 1 major code update on Alice Cooper in basically 10 months. I don't think we can expect code roll outs every couple of months. Here's to hoping it is more frequent though.

True, but I'm guessing it is easier to drop in a few animations from a show that is being produced independently than it would be to drop in new custom animations or game code. I'd be thrilled if there were 2 minutes of new clips mixed in per year. Heck, I'd be thrilled if it shipped with base code and never changed too. Just the idea that this is possible blows my mind. My Whirlwind has been running on the same code for 30 years now!

#7626 4 years ago

Nice feature to enjoy new content in the future. I have no doubt Scott and Eric will do what they say. Great stuff!

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't want to be Mr. Poopy Butthole here but....

Only Green Bay Packers fans can be poopy buttholes! Da Bearz!

#7628 4 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Only Green Bay Packers fans can be poopy buttholes! Da Bearz!

Yes please tell the Bears and their fans to enjoy watching legitimate football teams in this thing called the "playoffs". GO PACK!

And back to Rick and Morty.

#7629 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I agree that we should temper expectations but the development team on R&M is different than AC so I wouldn't use that as a valid comparison.

#7630 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't hedge my bets on promises like this. I know they probably mean it right now, but it rarely works out that way.

Quoted from bemmett:

When Scott and Eric say something... it will happen.

#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yes please tell the Bears and their fans to enjoy watching legitimate football teams in this thing called the "playoffs". GO PACK!
And back to Rick and Morty.

Everyone calm down, the XFL is almost here and then we can see some real football. I'm still sad Chicago didn't get a team this go around, maybe Rick and Morty will visit a dimension where the XFL actually puts the NFL out of business, now talk about crazy!

#7632 4 years ago

Anyone that owns a TNA knows that Scott has been continuously updating that game, long after it's been in a completed state. I have no concerns that Scott, Erik, and Bowen, will continuously improve on the code as time goes.

#7633 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I was thinking the same, but I think Spooky has really struggled with the memory leak issue. Plus the rules and monsters are basically complete on ACNC, so less pressure to update that. Sure there are some tweaks that need to be made, but I can't see how they would really expand ACNC like they will be able to with R&M.

#7634 4 years ago

I'm more concerned about the licensing than them. TNA was their baby to do with as they wish. And while I think Justin/etc probably won't have issues in the future, Comedy Central/Adult Swim might at some point (licensing is complicated and not cheap). Some of it will depend on how long they have the license, and I think some are overthinking it if they expect they'll have the license for 5 years. (but that's something they'd have to speak to obviously).

#7635 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm more concerned about the licensing than them. TNA was their baby to do with as they wish. And while I think Justin/etc probably won't have issues in the future, Comedy Central/Adult Swim might at some point (licensing is complicated and not cheap). Some of it will depend on how long they have the license, and I think some are overthinking it if they expect they'll have the license for 5 years. (but that's something they'd have to speak to obviously).

I would think Spooky has already negotiated licensing on future seasons. It’s in the best interest of both parties - Adult Swim gets exposure, Spooky gets bragging rights on a legendary limited run machine.

#7636 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Charlie already said somewhere that he looks forward to working with Adult Swim into the future. At first I thought it was regarding other AS themes (like Squidbillies , but the more stuff I read and listen to, it's becoming clearer he was talking about updating R&M with future content from the show.

Apologies for not having links for what he said. I believe it was in his first couple statements announcing the game.

#7637 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Apologies for not having links for what he said. I believe it was in his first couple statements announcing the game.

You are correct.

#7638 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Charlie already said somewhere that he looks forward to working with Adult Swim into the future. At first I thought it was regarding other AS themes (like Squidbillies , but the more stuff I read and listen to, it's becoming clearer he was talking about updating R&M with future content from the show.

My kids would love to see dragon ball, my hero academia, or one punch man pinball. I have to admit, I enjoy watching the shows with them.

#7639 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

My kids would love to see dragon ball, my hero academia, or one punch man pinball. I have to admit, I enjoy watching the shows with them.

Pinball with anime themes would be awesome (OPM is one of my favs) but I've resigned to the fact that the only way we'll see an anime licensed game is through a homebrew. These licenses are the last thing the current buying market will pay for.

#7640 4 years ago

I think some of you are looking through hopeful lenses. License deals fall through all the time as things change hands. This is more on the content holders than Spooky. I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I'm not going to be let down if it doesn't happen because no one can predict the future and show's/companies change constantly.

#7641 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Pinball with anime themes would be awesome (OPM is one of my favs) but I've resigned to the fact that the only way we'll see an anime licensed game is through a homebrew. These licenses are the last thing the current buying market will pay for.

I think a boutique company could make it happen, I have no idea how licensing costs would compare to western stuff but I assume Spooky (or someone else) could sell 750 Dragonball Z pins very easily. What's genuinely surprising to me is that Stern hasn't made a Pokemon pin yet...

Sucks Spooky can't do a Godzilla, a '54 style Godzilla pin with stylized art could be incredible from them and would at least partially satiate my desire for some Japanese themes.

#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.

But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.

Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.

What’s $30-$40 bucks for a full pack update now and then?

Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.

It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.

Ok downvote away.

#7643 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think some of you are looking through hopeful lenses. License deals fall through all the time as things change hands. This is more on the content holders than Spooky. I'm not saying I'm right, just saying I'm not going to be let down if it doesn't happen because no one can predict the future and show's/companies change constantly.

I'd really rather look at this stuff through hopeful lenses. It's way better than being negative. It also helps to not be a total nutjob about it if things don't work out how you hope.

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I know these are like $8K machines out the door, and I could wave my hands demanding forever free updates to this machine as R&M progresses as a show.
But this gets us back to that whole painful DLC discussion. Not that I’m a DLC fan, but if a subscription model is made it’s then contractural. Meaning they__have__ to staff and develop new code “forever”.
Hence I’m a fan of paid DLC if it gets developers assigned to my R&M machine forever. Because it adds more value to my $8K table over time, and it won’t go stale like most games after a year of ownership and 3,000 plays.
Expecting lots of downvotes. But selfishly I see DLC as a way to guarantee and motivate significant new code for my $8K toy. And not win the lottery so to speak with a particularly motivated Lyman type.
It hasn’t been really done before, and in some sense it’s ground breaking and adds value. Also with a 18mo product cycle it makes a lot of sense for Spookie to make machines longer term profitable like a platform.
Ok downvote away.

I think much of that would depend on the value add. I can see Spooky obviously concentrating on improvements to R&M during the 18 months, but I am pretty sure they aren't just sitting on their butts during that time, they'll be planning/working on their next game or 2. How many updates R&M get is really going to depend on resources and time/cost. Again, my statements are around the claim that they are going to add later seasons to the game. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's easy to say that now, hard to say for certain in 18 months or later.

#7645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I'd really rather look at this stuff through hopeful lenses. It's way better than being negative. It also helps to not be a total nutjob about it if things don't work out how you hope.

Fair enough, but based on the numbers/wait complaints alone, there's plenty of people who will have a meltdown if something promised doesn't happen.

#7646 4 years ago

Possible licensing issues aside, I have complete faith in the team developing this machine and their follow through after the fact. Look at how much and how often Scott has provided updates for TNA and how long Eric has been working on and releasing CCC. These are both guys that continue to work on projects they are passionate about, and by all accounts, R&M falls in that category.

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ok downvote away.

Seriously give it a rest dude or start your own DLC crusade thread.

#7648 4 years ago

Great that there are no huge playfield multipliers, although I’d love to see a feature similar to The Shadow, where during Multiball if shoot a ball in the left half of the horseshoe it holds it for 10 seconds doubles your next jackpot shot AND if you can lock a second ball in the right half during the 10 seconds, it triples the jackpot.

So many ways this toy can be used when combined with gameplay, rules, and ingenuity!

#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Distributors still have unsold games from people dropping out.

#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously give it a rest dude or start your own DLC crusade thread.

It's my first post on the topic. Not sure what to rest from?

Anyway - As was mentioned, they will get busy on the next game, and we will have what we have at some point on R&M because they have to move on to make new money.

This is the way.

My only point was we could get years more out of a machine if it was profitable to continue to add content. Irrespective of the debate, that notion is hugely compelling to me as a customer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/153?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.