20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 246.
#7551 4 years ago

All this flooble crank talk is making me glad the game has no plumbus!

#7552 4 years ago

Anybody notice how small Scott’s flooblecrank is? Is it supposed to be 1:8 scale or something? Had to open the picture on my desk monitor just to verify it was there.

#7553 4 years ago

Definitely a lot of chairorpians in this thread.

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

All this flooble crank talk is making me glad the game has no plumbus!

Oh but it does

47691ded69aeaa9298ec25616556a5a57e959329 (resized).jpg47691ded69aeaa9298ec25616556a5a57e959329 (resized).jpgrps20200111_180935 (resized).jpgrps20200111_180935 (resized).jpg
#7556 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Oh but it does[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the plural for plumbus?

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Gross.

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Plumbii

#7559 4 years ago

I was maybe worried about an interactive toy, but I'm okay with sophisticated art.

#7560 4 years ago

A plumbus shooter rod that splits the fleeb

#7561 4 years ago

Anyone know the size of the fang club print? Was it in the details of the FC? Wanna keep an eye out for a decent frame.

Disregard: its 24x36

#7562 4 years ago

Definitely not with two i's, and probably not with one.

Actual consensus out there appears to be "plumbuses." Rick even said "plumbuses" at one point.

#7564 4 years ago

Quote from Rick in the show:

"I always wondered how plumbuses were made!"

#7565 4 years ago

Who's going to be the first to post
" I saw 50 new posts and thought there was going to be some news but it's all talk about flooblecrank , when are they going to show some game play. "

#7566 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

" I saw 50 new posts and thought there was going to be some news but it's all talk about flooblecrank , when are they going to show some game play. "

Yup. Somehow you guys are making regular pinball nerds look super-cool.

#7567 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup. Somehow you guys are making regular pinball nerds look super-cool.

Rick and Morty will make even the biggest pinball nerd as cool as Fonzie .

IMG_20200112_153859 (resized).jpgIMG_20200112_153859 (resized).jpg
#7568 4 years ago

Does the game come with a pin-plumbus-holder?
I did notice this game does not have a spooky sub box of death inside. I’m sure it still sounds great just not TNA booming. Anyways. I had a great mod idea. Microverse sub box. More like the one in the first miniverse. Green glowing. Solid glued plexi and a plate on the end for hookups.

B5E00EDD-65B2-4421-A845-A2BC9E7E05D1 (resized).pngB5E00EDD-65B2-4421-A845-A2BC9E7E05D1 (resized).png
#7569 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Does the game come with a pin-plumbus-holder?
I did notice this game does not have a spooky sub box of death inside. I’m sure it still sounds great just not TNA booming. Anyways. I had a great mod idea. Microverse sub box. More like the one in the first miniverse. Green glowing. Solid glued plexi and a plate on the end for hookups.[quoted image]

Hopefully the machine has a Plumbus Docking Bay!

2020-01-12 15.51.44.png2020-01-12 15.51.44.png

'You know, Morty... it goes in the bill slot so (BuuuaRp!) the owner gets Free Play when they stick their plumbus in there! . Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!'

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But now we've already moved back on around again to plumbuses!

... and pretty soon I guess things could even start to get a bit ... Schwifty in Here!!?!

#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

But now we've already moved back on around again to plumbuses!
... and pretty soon I guess things could even start to get a bit ... Schwifty in Here!!?!

I'm enjoying all of it , I'm glad the number talk has sorted itself out .

#7572 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see a stream!

#7573 4 years ago

Has this thread been a "hot topic" the entire time it has existed? ... over 5 weeks?

#7574 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

It could be Rick’s gooblebox or Kyle’s bloobleyank, but Scott chose Zeep’s flooblecrank.

I guess for us, Scotts game is our microverse "gooblebox". For Rick or Morty in the game, every shot (and the whole "world under glass") is their miniverse "boobleyank". Zeep's teenyverse with the "flooblecrank", is then of course obviously going to be, well, the flooblecrank. Which it is!

One little bar of metal. Repeated over and over and over. It all adds up to Powering Scotts Car!

#7575 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

my money is on you...

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

my money is on you...

Ha Ha . Don't throw your money away . Give it to a charity you like .

#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That seems very specific. I think most parents are either okay or not okay with their children hearing explicit content. I can just imagine having a machine on route and getting a complaint from a parent about an explicit line. Not sure it's going to fly that there was only a 10% chance of the machine playing that line.

my machine is going on route... but the crowd changes later at night... anyway my metallica already drops F bombs so I am not that worried about it

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

an better thing for time settings is an happy hour like differnt pricing at differnt times or even free play from X time to X time.

card systems can do this already... and for what this machine costs I can't imagine anyone putting it on freeplay unless you are a flat rate place

Quoted from Lounge:

then this probably isn’t the game you want in your house.

unlike 99% of them that will get squirrelled away mine isn't going in my house

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It was a general question. I heard Kingpin say Spooky benefits from getting games to Operators first so they could use feedback and actually make adjustments to the game. I thought that’s weird, shouldn’t the kinks be worked out first?

doubt it, I'm an operator and I'm waaaayyy down the list

PS: something something plumbus

#7579 4 years ago

This is awesome. I was going to summarize the podcast but slapsave deserves your click for this one. Tons of great new stuff to learn here.

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is awesome. I was going to summarize the podcast but slapsave deserves your click for this one. Tons of great new stuff to learn here.

Thanks guys! Wow, you work fast. I was planning on sharing it for all of you, but you beat me to it. Would have loved to dive a little deeper into the rules and details of the game but he couldn't share too much at this point. Hope you enjoy(ed) it.

Here is the link, and I won't clog things up anymore so I can eagerly follow the conversation with the rest of you!

-Jason

https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-53-bowen-kerins-interview-rick-morty-rules-designer/

Bowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Small) (resized).jpgBowen Art w gradient gray jpg (Small) (resized).jpg

#7581 4 years ago

Megaseeds are Bonus, and each collects 5% of your score at the end of the ball!

I guess that means that if you collected 20 megaseeds then end of ball Megaseed Bonus value, would be 100% of your score?

*I don't know if there are other additional end of ball bonus awards?, and if they would be applied before or after the megaseeds bonus multiplier.... ?

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I guess that means that if you collected 20 megaseeds then end of ball Megaseed Bonus value, would be 100% of your score

This guy maths.

#7583 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This guy maths.

Okaaaay ?

Toxic, Morty ? ... acts as a divisor, worthless shots?

Sounds like seeds bonus doesn't compound, then.

It was a fairly long interview. I'll be listening again in the morning..

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This guy maths.

Yep so 20 seeds is 100% boost, similar to a 2x multiplier and it carries over to remaining balls. 100 seeds is the max and is similar to a 5x multiplier. I like this method of linking the seeds to multiplier, applying it to your total score and carrying it over. Won’t be long now til we see first game delivered and can watch game play footage. Maybe Spooky will honor us with a stream that shows who has game -> pitting Scott D, Eric P, David vE, Bowen K and Justin R.

#7585 4 years ago

...... Won’t be long now til we see first game delivered and can watch game play footage. Maybe Spooky will honor us with a stream that shows who has game -> pitting Scott D, Eric P, Bowen K and Justin R.

That Would be Awesome!!

#7586 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So remember that "extra something for first day buyers" we promised (which turned out to be EVERYBODY???!!!!) We talked to Adult Swim on an idea we had to thank everyone who supported this game and made it the biggest day in our company history, and they are letting us do something real nice Clark.
Stay tuned... Merry Christmas!!![quoted image]

Any update on this?

#7587 4 years ago

Yep so 20 seeds is 100% boost, similar to a 2x multiplier and it carries over to remaining balls.

Imagine how much it's going to suck if you tilt during a really good ball if you're that high on seeds.

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Imagine how much it's going to suck if you tilt during a really good ball if you're that high on seeds.

I got high on seeds once, tilted the whole damn universe Morty!

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I guess that means that if you collected 20 megaseeds then end of ball Megaseed Bonus value, would be 100% of your score?
*I don't know if there are other additional end of ball bonus awards, and if they would be applied before or after the megaseeds bonus multiplier.... ?

Remember when people were wondering why the heck you'd change dimensions when bad things may happen and all you get is a lousy seed? I guess that's our answer. Risk/reward.

Sounds like getting as many seeds on your first ball as possible is going to be valuable. Sounds like fun! I love "do it early" or "do it late" gameplay features!

#7590 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Knowing that Bowen hates all the shitty math-chess multiplier bullshit that’s kept me from enjoying new games for the past 5 years makes me extra confident about my purchase.

#7591 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Knowing that Bowen hates all the shitty math-chess multiplier bullshit that’s kept me from enjoying new games for the past 5 years makes me extra confident about my purchase.

I just hope we get a lot of Ricks vs. Reward.

#7592 4 years ago

I don’t know what’s worse... waiting on getting some new gameplay footage on this new RM pin to get my fix. Or realizing after I watch it that I still have a looooooooooooong way until I get my RM pin!

#build653

#7593 4 years ago

Great interview with Bowen about R&M. Nice to hear about the randomization of adventures and how the Morty Adventure Card works. Also nice to hear Bowen's excitement about the game, so it looks like it's going to be great. I have #722, so only the 28 folks behind me has the right to complain about their delivery times!

#7594 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I second this complete statement. "Shitty math-chess multiplier bullshit" - nailed it!

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seeds give you a headache... but I digress.

#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Great interview with Bowen about R&M. Nice to hear about the randomization of adventures and how the Morty Adventure Card works. Also nice to hear Bowen's excitement about the game, so it looks like it's going to be great. I have #722, so only the 28 folks behind me has the right to complain about their delivery times!

Ha ha good one!

I won’t give you hard time but only because your #722 so I feel your pain.

#7597 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra Morty for sale? I picked up all the other characters at Walmart. Thought these looked kind of neat.

Edit: Fixed the image.
Morty2 (resized).pngMorty2 (resized).png

#7598 4 years ago

Idea for a multiplayer Topper...
I just listened to the first portion of Slap Save's most recent podcast...great job by the way on that show. Listening to Bowen talk about how you are a Morty and how there are challenges in keeping track of progress across games...I began to wonder if it would make sense for Spooky to come out with a super innovative topper that not only looks awesome; but, also incorporates an aspect of player recognition (XBOX Kinect based sensor like), multiplayer support and remote code updates which would be delivered via the topper which could have the necessary networking components to make it happen and connect via USB to the main system. Advantages I can think of doing this is that having your networking components on top of the machine would give better wifi coverage. Kinect Sensor used to identify players (facial recognition) would be in an ideal location above the machine looking at the player, and having embedded cameras (audio and video capable) for net based play against other locations would be awesome. Cameras could also be used for streamers (go-live integration). And on screen display could be done in a non-obtrusive postage stamp view like way where the feed comes across of the other player in the corner of the main display for the machine so you can see and talk to the other person across the net. Hell, lets use our Fang club memberships as a player identification system. In order to do online play you would need a Fang club membership which would be great value to us and bring an ROI to spooky on an annual basis. Maybe even multiplied value for them if each recognizable player would require that account with them. Then spooky maintains the game history, profiles, high scores, game updates distributed as part of the Fang membership. I for one would pay a lot for a topper that would incorporate that much functionality and look good at the same time. Spooky could stay focused on building code functionality now with the intent on doing something along these lines many months from now as a way to bridge additional sales in between game creation while dipping their toes int he water on multiplayer based functionality.

#7599 4 years ago

while you wait for game play video

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Idea for a multiplayer Topper...

I’m almost certainly going to get whatever the factory topper will be. I really like the idea of the topper recognizing the player. That would be pretty incredible. I’d be happy with something similar to the AFMr LE topper though, that thing is incredible. Heck, the D&D 80’s game topper is incredible and considerably adds to the light show. I’m excited to see what they might come up with.

Do we know for certain there will be a factory topper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
Trade
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/152?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.