20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 246.
#7451 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Also I heard a rumor that the game comes with a death Chrystal that you can tape to your head as to avoid ever making a damaging shot.[quoted image]

haha I’ll take 2.

#7452 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is it normal for manufacturers to tweak their game once it is in production? I thought parts and games were supposed to be play tested extensively before being manufactured. Fixing software bugs and making code improvements are expected adjustments after the fact, but mods to physical hardware and alignment issues seem better to get right the first time.

What is this in reference to?

#7453 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It is made out of thick 304 stainless steel infused with megaseed oil

You just answered the question I wasn't going to ask because it wasn't relevant to R&M. Thanks! And that answer is basically "Yes, #304 is totally okay for steel ball contact, you just prepared it incorrectly for your homebrew that keeps flaking metal dust everywhere."

As for a relevant question, would it adversely affect the flooble operation if a ball-conserving operator were to fit the post with rubber?

#7454 4 years ago

Is it normal for manufacturers to tweak their game once it is in production? I thought parts and games were supposed to be play tested extensively before being manufactured. Fixing software bugs and making code improvements are expected adjustments after the fact, but mods to physical hardware and alignment issues seem better to get right the first time.

HAHAHA what are these "STRANGEr THINGS" you're referring to? Playtesting mechs and concepts? Aligning shots? For other prominent recent examples see GB insta-drains from the scoop, and GoT impossible orbits claimed to be "the intent" All could / should have been addressed up front, but sometimes shit happens, apparently...

Personally though, I feel that as long as minor adjustments can fix such things, that's generally OK. I know there is a vocal contingent that says adjustments should never be required and they do have a point. However, I've been amused and frustrated at how sensitive even the most reliable older games can be... sometimes I move/nudge one of my own machines just a bit too far in this or that direction and shot geometry completely changes. So yeah... shit happens. If the bones are good you clean it up.

#7455 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

What is this in reference to?

It was a general question. I heard Kingpin say Spooky benefits from getting games to Operators first so they could use feedback and actually make adjustments to the game. I thought that’s weird, shouldn’t the kinks be worked out first?

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Also I heard a rumor that the game comes with a death Chrystal that you can tape to your head as to avoid ever making a damaging shot.[quoted image]

It's probably already been brought up but the Death Crystal seems like a pretty obvious Morty Adventure. Shoot the lit shots that lead you to Jessica.

#7457 4 years ago

It was a general question. I heard Kingpin say Spooky benefits from getting games to Operators first so they could use feedback and actually make adjustments to the game. I thought that’s weird, shouldn’t the kinks be worked out first?

I read that as code adjustments.

#7458 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's probably already been brought up but the Death Crystal seems like a pretty obvious Morty Adventure. Shoot the lit shots that lead you to Jessica.

I'm hoping for the eluded Boob world from the last episode to be a Morty adventure!
They really wanted to go but Morty needed to learn a lesson

#7459 4 years ago

I think this is mostly code related.
Maybe modes that are not well received by the public and need changes.
Or unexpected ways for people to abuse the code for scoring.

#7460 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Eh, a daily post from hawkmoon doesn’t bother me...unlike the 50-100 posts, a ways back, of knocker-gate. Easy to skip one, more irritating to sift through dozens.

I would rather see some knocker talk or LEDs or even if they're going to powdercoat leg bolts . Anything Game Related rather than seeing constant numbers but then again I don't have one ordered so that's probably why I don't care about spot numbers .

#7461 4 years ago

Sure... lookup every "service bulletin" on the web from Gottlieb, WMS, etc

Games these days are often modified on later runs. Stern did it with JP2 post... they figured out new protectors on Iron Maiden later... you can go on and on and on.

#7462 4 years ago

The Stern approach seems to be sell first, test on location. Then update code in a year or so.

#7463 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The Stern approach seems to be sell first, test on location. Then update code in a year or so.

I could not have said this better.

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Please make sure that the first gameplay reveal shown is done by spooky (or through someone like Zach at Flip N Out!!) - professional and done well via twitch livestream with the right setup etc. You only get one chance to make a first impression and you don't want it to be with a crappy cell phone video or something else that sells the game short of what it truly is!

If they don't get the first gameplay video done right it could really hurt sales But seriously a well done video does make a big difference . The video Zach did on the Wonka reveal was excellent .

#7465 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

And then announce final production, never to be made again, followed by a Vault run.

#7466 4 years ago

Always reassuring to wake up and see one's flooble crank, being reassured.

#7467 4 years ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

As for a relevant question, would it adversely affect the flooble operation if a ball-conserving operator were to fit the post with rubber?

Since it is a Newton Device the answer would be yes. Anything that absorbs energy at all will lessen the force transmitted to the captive ball.

It's possible that the captive ball will still travel far enough to activate the target switch, but my guess will be that it will do so less often... Since the Crank charges your battery for Magna-Save, I'd want to get (preserve) the max effect out of the captured ball.

#7468 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sure... lookup every "service bulletin" on the web from Gottlieb, WMS, etc
Games these days are often modified on later runs. Stern did it with JP2 post... they figured out new protectors on Iron Maiden later... you can go on and on and on.

Remember the 3 revisions on GNR's launch wireform? One of the more dramatic examples of tweaking the ramps after production...

#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I'm hoping for the eluded Boob world from the last episode to be a Morty adventure!
They really wanted to go but Morty needed to learn a lesson

Elusive wizard mode (reward Morty Mission) with custom animation from the show's animators. Hey, we can dream!

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And then announce final production, never to be made again, followed by a Vault run.

Same with jjp . When Spooky says 750 they mean it .

#7471 4 years ago

Some cool Rick and Morty mods already starting to come out in the Pinside Shops.
6ad76227afdea24b84e35099d5a55dd329d5640f (resized).jpg6ad76227afdea24b84e35099d5a55dd329d5640f (resized).jpg Coin return buttons.

#7472 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't have any other games with magnets. Does this require different balls, and will they get magnetized over time and the captive ball stick to the flooble crank? (probably over thinking this).

Standard carbon steel balls generally work fine. You'll find a variety of opinions on which balls are good, or if any balls are better than others. Just replace them if they start to become affected.

I had some of the balls on a Space Jam that would become so magnetized that they would come to a dead stop in the (metal-wired) in-lane, so I'm a believer in some-are-worse-than-others viewpoint. I buy Pinball Life's standard balls now and haven't had problems with my magnet-equipped games since.

Your mileage may vary... you can find extensive threads on magnetization if you're interested.

#7473 4 years ago

Didn’t TNA evolve over time, I mean some had paint around the posts which became an issue some didn’t.

#7474 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

So remember that "extra something for first day buyers" we promised (which turned out to be EVERYBODY???!!!!) We talked to Adult Swim on an idea we had to thank everyone who supported this game and made it the biggest day in our company history, and they are letting us do something real nice

Do you think there will be any mention as to what the "extra something" will be before games are in the wild? I can see Spooky wanting to surprise folks but any info we can get in the next week or so would make this wait soooo much easier for me to take!

#7475 4 years ago

The reality is, when you have a product like this that starts getting hundreds and hundres of plays out in public, they WILL find new things (this is referring to coding bugs, but can sometimes be physical things that have to be addressed via service bulletin and parts etc). So what spooky is doing is a good thing.

Quoted from screaminr:

If they don't get the first gameplay video done right it could really hurt sales But seriously a well done video does make a big difference . The video Zach did on the Wonka reveal was excellent .Haha obviously in this case wouldn't hurt sales. But it could create a huge headache for spooky. You have people who want to cancel so now they are putting all their spots up for sale, and that leads to hassle down the road when spooky has to deliver the game elsewhere etc. Or people contacting spooky complaining about X Y Z. I'm sure there are other examples too.

#7476 4 years ago

wrong thread.

#7477 4 years ago

I'm thinking a bright green or blue flourescent glo ball might look good for the captive ball behind the flooble crank. Wonder how visible it would be from the players perspective.

#7478 4 years ago

Adding a glow ball or a rubber on your flooble crank will make it not work as well. Leave your flooble crank unprotected, it will be more fun and it will work as designed.

#7479 4 years ago

Could be cool, although if I went with a glo ball, I’d go with white, as seems more associated with energy/electricity. Also it would be a blank canvas to reflect the different colors of the light show off of. Not sure how visible it would be though.

#7480 4 years ago

You could always put a power ball on your flooble crank if you are into that. It shoudl work fine as power balls have a harder outside layer just like natural balls.

#7481 4 years ago

Listen everyone, the flooble crank and balls will need to be adjusted, that’s a given.

But this thread is about pinball so can we get back to talking about RM?

#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Listen everyone, the flooble crank and balls will need to be adjusted, that’s a given.
But this thread is about pinball so can we get back to talking about RM?

That's what we're doing thread nazi.

#7483 4 years ago

scott:
any chance that you can make the flooble crack out out of an unusually long piece of nylon extended up from the very bottom of the cabinet and secured with nothing but fleeb juice and a hissurd?

some of us LOVE having to fix our machines the same week that they are unboxed and set up

#7484 4 years ago

Leave your flooble crank unprotected

I recently had a small procedure so I could leave my personal flooble crank unprotected as well.

#LeaveTheCranksUprotected

#7485 4 years ago

Always wrap your flooble.

#7486 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

any chance that you can make the flooble crack out out of an unusually long piece of nylon extended up from the very bottom of the cabinet and secured with nothing but fleeb juice and a hissurd?

Let's not get carried away. There's already a dinglebop shortage thanks to this game. I've been stocking up on fleeb juice in anticipation of my game in 2021.

#7487 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

scott:
some of us LOVE having to fix our machines the same week that they are unboxed and set up

Stern obviously forgot to have a schlami rub it and spit on it. Those schmeckle pinchers are always trying to cut costs somewhere.

#7488 4 years ago

Game's not even out yet and ya'll already talking about playing with your flooble cranks like they're already in your hands! Scott said go in with no protection, so I'm going to take his word on it and slap some balls on some flooble cranks COMPLETELY DRY! This is a guy who's been playing with his flooble crank since before you guys even knew there was a flooble crank, you think he doesn't know what he's talking about? Unbelievable, bunch of armchair flooble crank enthusiasts, the lot of you!

#7489 4 years ago

Wait a minute....

Am I imagining things or is flooble crank code for *penis* in many of these posts?

Please, someone clarify. I hate not knowing.

#7490 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Wait a minute....
Am I imagining things or is flooble crank code for *penis* in many of these posts?

If it's anyone, it should be you that knows! You're making these things aren't you? Please send maintenance and care instructions for the flooble cranks with each game shipment, please and thank you.

#7491 4 years ago

I much rather talk about knockers than balls

#7492 4 years ago

You could always put a power ball on your flooble crank if you are into that. It shoudl work fine as power balls have a harder outside layer just like natural balls.

Quoted from pinballlife:

Wait a minute....

I'm not sure, but (TMI I know) the outside layer of my natural balls is not hard at all, more of a fleshy pouch kind of thing, rather like a terry flap I suppose.

#7493 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Wait a minute....

pen (resized).jpgpen (resized).jpg

#7494 4 years ago

Who is the poor Spooky Employee who has to polish all 750 Flooble Cranks?

#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Who is the poor Spooky Employee who has to polish all 750 Flooble Cranks?

It’s only 10 per week.... and twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

#7496 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

"Same as in town."

#7497 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Wait a minute....

I hope not. I’ve been calling my baby “my little Flooble Crank” lol

#7498 4 years ago

This is great I am lmfao reading these posts after mine.

#7499 4 years ago

This pin is already a lot of fun and we’re not even playing it yet!

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

This pin is already a lot of fun and we’re not even playing it yet!

Let's hope the thread doesn't turn out to be more fun than the pin!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/150?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.