20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 246.
#7351 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We didn't advertise or encourage it... and won't next time either.

Too late.

34B5DC73-1EBE-4F14-97B6-8122F81686D6 (resized).png34B5DC73-1EBE-4F14-97B6-8122F81686D6 (resized).png
#7352 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Look at the FB picture of Spooky’s warehouse. They are working on 8 machines at one time in similar states of assembly. They don’t “make” two a day.... they make TEN a week. Mathematically, you are correct, but actually, it’s TEN a week.
Big difference.

You must realize that he isn't going to stop. He's made that clear. Hilarious.

#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You must realize that he isn't going to stop.

They had some strong psychedelics back in the 60s.

#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Unless it is printed with UV-reactive inks, it's not a blacklight compatible poster, and is just a pretty neon colored posted. I'm looking for specifically a R&M poster that is printed with UV-inks and reacts to blacklights and pops/glows under a blacklight.
Thanks though, I appreciate the looking out.

I have a couple non-blacklight posters in my room that still pop.

#7355 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You must realize that he isn't going to stop. He's made that clear. Hilarious.

Yeah.... I concede.

#7356 4 years ago

Charlie,
How's about posting a flooble crank pic.
I'm about 3 weeks burned out of bitching about the ordering process.

#7357 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

amazon.com link »

Almost....but reading the questions asked to the seller:

Question:Does it glow under black light ?
Answer:Hello and Thank you for your inquiry. No this will not glow under black light

#7358 4 years ago

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages. Here's also what it starts to look like when the office corner of the shop gets buried in 750 Fang Club membership kits! I swear the wife, daughter, and Sally the dog are in there somewhere.

That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this?

20200109_132850 (resized).jpg20200109_132850 (resized).jpg20200109_132925 (resized).jpg20200109_132925 (resized).jpg20200109_115545 (resized).jpg20200109_115545 (resized).jpg20200109_115551 (resized).jpg20200109_115551 (resized).jpg20200109_115601 (resized).jpg20200109_115601 (resized).jpg
#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Charlie,
How's about posting a flooble crank pic.
I'm about 3 weeks burned out of bitching about the ordering process.

Yes please, or maybe a closeup video of the portal in action!!

#7360 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

hawkmoon - Look at the FB picture of Spooky’s warehouse. They are working on 8 machines at one time in similar states of assembly. They don’t “make” two a day.... they make TEN a week. Mathematically, you are correct, but actually, it’s TEN a week.
Big difference.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/145#post-5399494

But his song wouldn't be as annoying if he only did it weekly. It's the daily posting of it that really brings out the responses!!

#7361 4 years ago

Charlie/Luke,

Any plans for an official topper for this game?

#7362 4 years ago

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages.

I see one that won't get returned for a missing Lock Cam!

#7363 4 years ago

Glad to see those workers all look sober.

#7364 4 years ago

The recent talk about UV posters is interesting and relevant to a project I've been working on.

Traditionally, you could spot a UV poster "in broad daylight" owing to the use of fluorescent colors in certain hues that were most prone to the effect. Basically, if it looks "neon" in daylight, it will "probably" glow in UV.

But if done with intent, it's now possible to blend hues and pigments that don't "advertise" or reveal themselves under normal light. I've been working on a restoration / mod idea to this effect, custom-blending paints myself to match the OEM look but glow under UV (compare the outlane ends of the rainbow to its main central arc):

TF_Normal (resized).jpgTF_Normal (resized).jpg

TF_glow (resized).jpgTF_glow (resized).jpg

But that is neither easy nor cheap, so I would generally err that if a product doesn't say it was specifically designed or printed with UV effects in mind, it probably will not react pleasingly to UV.

On the other hand, something that has a lot of fluorescent colors for their own sake, *might* be UV reactive as a bonus.

#7365 4 years ago

That's a beefy looking subwoofer in that cabinet. Can't wait to get my Goldmine garagecade rockin!!!!!

#7366 4 years ago

So here's one row on the production floor... of 5 different game assembly rows, all in various stages. Here's also what it starts to look like when the office corner of the shop gets buried in 750 Fang Club membership kits! I swear the wife, daughter, and Sally the dog are in there somewhere.
That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Geez Charlie, I know you guys run a small shop, but maybe hiring more than 2 workers to build all the machines would help?!

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

relevant to a project I've been working on

That looks AMAZING! I have got to see that in real life when you're done!!!! WOW!

#7368 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

That's a beefy looking subwoofer in that cabinet.

I swear, we have the beefiest sound system in pinball. We do NOT cheap out of tin'y sounding little speakers. I kinda like rockin' audio a lot.

#7369 4 years ago

The recent talk about UV posters is interesting and relevant to a project I've been working on.

That looks bad ass, man! I've long wondered why PFs and cabinets don't leverage UV-reactive inks more on games (cost?). A lot of us have blacklights in our home locations, and having a true blacklight experience from a pin would be the tits!

#7370 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know if it was clear that was even an option. If it was I would have probably done both in case I didn't get through (which I didn't by the 4 minute mark after the website didn't load). Again I'm not mad, just seems like I'm not the only one that was unclear of all the options to buy.

I too wish I'd known this was an option. There are others that called as well and got very early numbers as a result.

I have to laugh a little bit, I recall Kaneda making fun of people who set their alarms to get up early to get on their computers and order their rick and morty in hopes of getting an early number, when he himself did the same thing just through phone call instead of website, and since he got an early number of course he's happy and has no complaint.

#7371 4 years ago

That help clear up any deep overly analyzed mysteries of how we do all this? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ummm

now show us that new coin door option... (sexy!)

#7372 4 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

That looks AMAZING! I have got to see that in real life when you're done!!!! WOW!

Thanks. I am *hoping* to have it at the Louisville Arcade Expo the first weekend in March, but as usual life has impeded my progress AND getting the inserts and exsiting chipping / pocking / touchup fill wreckage leveled under clear has been far more challenging than I expected. Having to build the UV layers to maximize the effect made for some hard edges I am having to feather in, and the inserts were sunk both deep AND crooked. I'm concerned that by the time it's leveled nice, the clear may not have sufficient time to set before the show. I'm close... but I was already pushing my luck so if I don't get my decals designed and applied in the next week, it'll be a no go. We'll see.

I still have to figure out how to hide and power the external UV light with a trigger from a single blinking insert. I started a thread a couple weeks ago but have been too tied up to follow up with it... I should do that soon. This was my first PS post since then

#7373 4 years ago

SUPER AWESOME

By the way Spooky - please please PLEASE take note of the current huge blunder of a pin reveal stern just did. Please make sure that the first gameplay reveal shown is done by spooky (or through someone like Zach at Flip N Out!!) - professional and done well via twitch livestream with the right setup etc. You only get one chance to make a first impression and you don't want it to be with a crappy cell phone video or something else that sells the game short of what it truly is!

#7374 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

742 Pins to be made,742 Pins,they made 2 today,and took them away,740 Pins to be made!!!

Please stop. We can all count. Nobody wants to see three hundred of these posts.

#7375 4 years ago

Did someone just say something about my tinny speakers on my Deadpool “premium”???

#7376 4 years ago

It’s like hawkmoon is to R&M that Magicchiz was to the ACNC threads in the early days.

#7377 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad to see those workers all look sober.

...and Charlie hires Gingers too....poor unfortunate souls....Those long Wisconsin winters keeps the sun off them....stay indoors my friends...

#7378 4 years ago

Eh, a daily post from hawkmoon doesn’t bother me...unlike the 50-100 posts, a ways back, of knocker-gate. Easy to skip one, more irritating to sift through dozens.

#7379 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Please stop. We can all count. Nobody wants to see three hundred of these posts.

Says the guy that has made almost 70 less than imformative posts in this thread as opposed to his 20. lol

#7380 4 years ago

Hold on guys let me get my popcorn...

#7381 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Eh, a daily post from hawkmoon doesn’t bother me...unlike the 50-100 posts, a ways back, of knocker-gate. Easy to skip one, more irritating to sift through dozens.

But the knocker thing was kind of silly, and I genuinely was intrigued by the wide range of opinions in that none were really wrong per se, and it finally died.

What's more annoying is the every few dozen posts, there's bitching about order numbers and favoritism. Then again, I probably shouldn't complain about that since I'm probably the only masochist who willingly asked to be last and is happily content. OTOH, I must not be HARDCORE MASOCHIST if the complaining irks me, oops!

Bottom line is we're all fortunate to have the privilege to order one of these and ultimately receive it. Hell, if my lowly standard came without a coin lock I'd just assume Rick built it during a Vindicators blackout

#7382 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hold on guys let me get my popcorn...

Don't worry. Flame wars only work if two people participate.

#7383 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

now show us that new coin door option... (sexy!)

Lol.... soon! The guy who does that is on a 50th birthday trip and I don't want to see his phone blow up for a few days.

#7384 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Flame wars only work if two people participate.

Hawk's got too much class for that.

#7385 4 years ago

Lol.... soon! The guy who does that is on a 50th birthday trip and I don't want to see his phone blow up for a few days.

Is the knocker going to be used for the extra ball ala ACNC? If so, that may be the reason I add it. I do like that.

#7386 4 years ago

Hey Charlie,

We can we expect some gameplay footage? I think we can all agree we’re dying to see more!

And oh yeah, since I’m gonna be waiting till 2021 can I please get a flyer for RM, please!

#7387 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wonder if they can make this one. One of my favorite rants in the series so far.[quoted image]

Apologies if I am stating the obvious here, but similar to Etsy Redbubble Zazzle etc it seems that the merchandise at Displate is not officially licensed, meaning you yourself could create/submit any artwork you are interested in purchasing yourself:

https://displate.com/blog/selling-on-displate

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Not really “who you know” as much as having an existing relationship with a large distributor. Distributors commit to buying anywhere from 10-100 games or more, so naturally they will have a lot of spots. Given we know Pinball Star had spots in the 50’s range, it doesn’t sound like K got that big of a special treatment.

I been buying NIB pins for a long time and well before it became the popular thing to do. I know all about relationships with distributors and preferential treatment because I have gotten it myself. I was not aware of anyone who snagged a number below 100 that purchased directly through Spooky's website and I didn't know calling in was an option so when he mentioned his number I figured he went through a distributor. I was wrong and willing to admit to my mistake. Pinside please forgive me.

#7389 4 years ago

Looking at the cool photos Charlie put up. The 1st one, with the two guys working on 2 R&M, on the playfield of one of them is a green plastic with wires...could this be the portal insert lighted with leds?

#7390 4 years ago

Wow Charlie those pics are amazing! Must be an awesome feeling to walk into the office and see the place running full tilt like that (pun intended).

I've been listening to your podcast from the beginning when you were just a regular pinhead like the rest of us. Can you imagine going back in a time machine to episode 1 of the spooky podcast and showing your younger self these pics.

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Looking at the cool photos Charlie put up. The 1st one, with the two guys working on 2 R&M, on the playfield of one of them is a green plastic with wires...could this be the portal insert lighted with leds?

Not certain, but I believe that's a multi-tester.

#7392 4 years ago

Traditionally, you could spot a UV poster "in broad daylight" owing to the use of fluorescent colors in certain hues that were most prone to the effect. Basically, if it looks "neon" in daylight, it will "probably" glow in UV.
But if done with intent, it's now possible to blend hues and pigments that don't "advertise" or reveal themselves under normal light. I've been working on a restoration / mod idea to this effect, custom-blending paints myself to match the OEM look but glow under UV (compare the outlane ends of the rainbow to its main central arc):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
But that is neither easy nor cheap, so I would generally err that if a product doesn't say it was specifically designed or printed with UV effects in mind, it probably will not react pleasingly to UV.
On the other hand, something that has a lot of fluorescent colors for their own sake, *might* be UV reactive as a bonus.

What is your view on uv-Light making plastics age alot faster?

Looks great btw

#7393 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I too wish I'd known this was an option. There are others that called as well and got very early numbers as a result.
I have to laugh a little bit, I recall Kaneda making fun of people who set their alarms to get up early to get on their computers and order their rick and morty in hopes of getting an early number, when he himself did the same thing just through phone call instead of website, and since he got an early number of course he's happy and has no complaint.

I have no problems with him getting a low number and I am a fan of his show. I found it funny as well that he would be one of the first ones to get it when he stated on facebook the reason he went in on Rick and Morty over other titles was because of the opportunity to flip and sell it for more money when he decides to part with it unlike recent Stern LE's which have dropped in price (i.e Munsters). Which is fine and everyone flips games for profit I just find it ironic because there are people who are dying for this theme and hate that they have to wait months and he will have sold his by then and already moved on to TMNT or GNR. It makes sense now why he never sold his spot because that would have been a dick move to Charlie after he got a low number.

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Not certain, but I believe that's a multi-tester.

I was worried it was something not associated with the game...it’s the right color though

#7395 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I have no problems with him getting a low number and I am a fan of his show. I found it funny as well that he would be one of the first ones to get it when he stated on facebook the reason he went in on Rick and Morty over other titles was because of the opportunity to flip and sell it for more money when he decides to part with it unlike recent Stern LE's which have dropped in price (i.e Munsters). Which is fine and everyone flips games for profit I just find it ironic because there are people who are dying for this theme and hate that they have to wait months and he will have sold his by then and already moved on to TMNT or GNR. It makes sense now why he never sold his spot because that would have been a dick move to Charlie after he got a low number.

I'm a fan of his podcast too, doesn't mean I agree with everything he does or says though haha.

#7396 4 years ago

I'm probably the only masochist who willingly asked to be last and is happily content.

Nope! Welcome to the club. I asked to be the last BSE on the line and although I am build number 544, they are skipping my game when it comes up and doing it near the end of the run. \

Mine isn't a money issue, it's a room issue. I only have room to squeeze in 4 pins and absolutely no room for 5. But I couldn't pass on R&M, so the more time I have to figure out this problem, the better. Its probably going to have to be between ACNC and Scared Stiff as to which one gives up the spot. But just getting ACNC, I am not seeing how I can part with it. Leaning towards SS going on the chopping block unless I can figure out some other option.

#7397 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Leaning towards SS going on the chopping block unless I can figure out some other option.

Have you thought about putting it up for adoption? Because I am looking to adopt an SS.

#7398 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Have you thought about putting it up for adoption? Because I am looking to adopt an SS.

Well, it is over a year out before I have to make a decision so I have plenty of time to figure it out. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If my wife's oldest moves out and gets a place with some room (unlikely), then the baby grand piano will go with her and no more problem. Then I can fit 6 pins! But more than likely, her first place will be an apartment, so the piano will still be here. A pin in the garage might be an option...

#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

A pin in the garage might be an option...

Well if you change your mind, I can promise to give it a good home where it will have acres and acres of pasture to frolick and roam.

... and to take you to Surfin' Donuts when I stop by to pick it up!

#7400 4 years ago

Mine will probably be going in the garage...where I spend most of my time.

Quoted from guitarded:

Surfin' Donuts

Surfin' Donuts rules!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
$ 210.00
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/148?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.