20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 246.
#7301 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

It's all about who you know. Kaneda supposedly got a number less then 86 from Pinball Star.

Not really “who you know” as much as having an existing relationship with a large distributor. Distributors commit to buying anywhere from 10-100 games or more, so naturally they will have a lot of spots. Given we know Pinball Star had spots in the 50’s range, it doesn’t sound like K got that big of a special treatment.

#7302 4 years ago

Kaneda posted on his Facebook page that he bought direct from Charlie, not PinballStar. So his early spot must have resulted from that relationship, which is fine (don’t VIPs always get special treatment?) but ideally Spooky would have been more transparent about insiders, pinball media, locations, etc. getting the first games off the line.

#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Kaneda posted on his Facebook page that he bought direct from Charlie, not PinballStar. So his early spot must have resulted from that relationship, which is fine (don’t VIPs always get special treatment?) but ideally Spooky would have been more transparent about insiders, pinball media, locations, etc. getting the first games off the line.

I think Charlie has been about a transparent as he could. I think the angst, from potential/and current buyers, has come from it’s success. I don’t think anyone really expected it to sell out in 4 hours. There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the general public and buyers are not privy too...and shouldn’t be. After all, this is a business, and the common joe has no right to know everything of how that business is being run. For those that have a spot, congratulations, for those that want a spot, there will be those that want out. I think we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride, and if you have a problem with the ride, get off. All-in-all I think Spooky has done a great job in an incredible and unusual situation.

#7304 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They have a lot of R&M plates.
https://displate.com/sr-artworks/rick-and-morty
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if they can make this one. One of my favorite rants in the series so far.

A1xOpCqS1zL._SL1500_ (resized).jpgA1xOpCqS1zL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#7305 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

To throw another wrench in the discussion, the guys making the machines work 4 10 hour days a week.

.00416 PPM (Pins Per Minute)

#7306 4 years ago

What an awesome print! I think I may need to pick one up. For anyone who's purchased metal prints from displate, have you seen both the matte and gloss finish in person? Which do you prefer?

#7307 4 years ago

If anyone knows of a blacklight, UV reactive R&M poster, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to add one to my collection, and haven't had any luck finding one yet.

(I know, this is a pin thread, not a poster thread, but worth a shot)

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

If anyone knows of a blacklight, UV reactive R&M poster, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to add one to my collection, and haven't had any luck finding one yet.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=rick+and+morty+blacklight+poster

#7309 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wonder if they can make this one. One of my favorite rants in the series so far.[quoted image]

My favorite by far.

#7310 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Why would spooky give him special treatment when he hasn't brought any of their machines before and when he had early access to Willy Wonka look at how that backfired , overhyped under delivered and he didn't even buy one . I'm assuming if he ordered through spooky I guess he just got his spot like anyone else . Obviously I don't know but I wouldn't just assume he got special treatment . My gut feeling is spooky doesn't operate that way . I'm happy to be corrected .

#7311 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think it’s a humerus way to pass time

A2D82DAF-559F-4941-B66F-447F288B606E (resized).jpegA2D82DAF-559F-4941-B66F-447F288B606E (resized).jpeg

Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

rd

#7312 4 years ago

Yay we are already back to talking about number orders and pref treatment. So glad I keep reading this conversation recycle every 3-5 days.

#7313 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

[quoted image]
Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
rd

Oops...humorous...damn autocorrect (and I suck at spelling)

#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Not really “who you know” as much as having an existing relationship with a large distributor. Distributors commit to buying anywhere from 10-100 games or more, so naturally they will have a lot of spots. Given we know Pinball Star had spots in the 50’s range, it doesn’t sound like K got that big of a special treatment.

I have never bought a nib pin.
Got in contact with a distro in Europe and got a spot in 90~100.

#7315 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

don’t VIPs always get special treatment?

Very insolent people?

#7316 4 years ago

Hey...

No fair.... I’ve purchased a NIB before and I’m in the 650~660 range!

2B7844EE-06A0-4C15-843A-75B1434BA582 (resized).png2B7844EE-06A0-4C15-843A-75B1434BA582 (resized).png
#7317 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm assuming if he ordered through spooky I guess he just got his spot like anyone else . Obviously I don't know but I wouldn't just assume he got special treatment

Spooky took phone orders in addition to its online store. Phone orders would probably get a speed advantage since the order would go through while everyone else was ordering through the congested web traffic through the site. No reason to look for drama.

#7318 4 years ago

Ha ha.... just kidding!

Well, I am build 653 but that’s cool.

I just didn’t get lucky!

#7319 4 years ago

Once we start seeing video on these machines I think a lot of the other side discussions will dissipate...hopefully. I really hope they post something soon and it blows our minds.

#7320 4 years ago

While I’m waiting for RM... I’ll stay busy fixing all the crap that’s breaking on my Dead Pool premium that I bought a year ago.

Stern machines... what crap! My 30 year old pinball machines are much more reliable than my 1 year old pin. And, the play fields don’t look like the surface of the moon!

Sorry, I thought this was the ranting thread....

I hope Spooky machine is better quality.

#7321 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I hope Spooky machine is better quality.

What would you do if your R&M machine arrived with the lock cam missing from the coin door?

#7322 4 years ago

kermit24

Whine about it on pin side?

#7323 4 years ago

kermit24
Whine about it on pin side?

Maybe. If you were another owner you would return your machine to Spooky. True story.

#7324 4 years ago

Did that happen to you?

#7325 4 years ago

That seems extreme

#7326 4 years ago

That seems extreme

Have you READ this thread? We aren't dealing with a lot of rational people, here....

#7327 4 years ago

That seems extreme

It's true and idiotic. As a joke that's why Scott posted the photo of the coin door lock and why new ACNC owners post photos of their locks when they unbox.

#7328 4 years ago

CKrueger

This is true.... very true!

#7329 4 years ago

This is too funny.

I wasn’t aware of all this… Good stuff!

#7330 4 years ago

Did you actually follow your search suggestion and see the results, or are you just being a Jerry?

#7331 4 years ago

So when I get my RM in 2021 (no fair... wahhh.... blah, blah, blah) if the coin door lock is present then it’s a keeper, right!

Thanks, good to know!

#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

ideally Spooky would have been more transparent about insiders, pinball media, locations, etc. getting the first games off the line.

There is a 0% chance of us handling all of this perfectly and making everyone thrilled with how it all went. If we bump (and in some cases, we absolutely did) existing locations, shows, media, early game testers, etc etc that are getting games in public and where they need to be to help get people playing and driving sales... instead to fill "first come first served" ideals, it doesn't help keep a business flowing IF sales are "normal".

Granted, we had no idea we'd sell out as fast as we did, so in this one game launch instance, it changed everything we thought was planned well. We still did the best we could.

Chris called his game purchase in to Spooky RIGHT AS SALES LAUNCHED... did he get a little bit of a boost from Spooky as being part of the "media group"? Yep. Did distributors follow exact protocol in every way or take sales before / after / during launch? No idea... they have their loyal customers they want to help I'm sure and we have no real way or desire to try and police it all.

Yes, we are learning from all this and paying attention.

But at the end of the day... if you're getting what is now an extremely limited and very in demand expensive toy and the ONLY question / complaint is WHEN... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have absolutely won at life.

Back to work here... SOOOOO much goodness coming everyone!!! Both on Rick and Morty, and Alice Cooper. VERY SOON!!!

#7334 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

There is a 0% chance of us handling all of this perfectly and making everyone thrilled with how it all went. If we bump (and in some cases, we absolutely did) existing locations, shows, media, early game testers, etc etc that are getting games in public and where they need to be to help get people playing and driving sales... instead to fill "first come first served" ideals, it doesn't help keep a business flowing IF sales are "normal".
Granted, we had no idea we'd sell out as fast as we did, so in this one game launch instance, it changed everything we thought was planned well. We still did the best we could.
Chris called his game purchase in to Spooky RIGHT AS SALES LAUNCHED... did he get a little bit of a boost from Spooky as being part of the "media group"? Yep. Did distributors follow exact protocol in every way or take sales before / after / during launch? No idea... they have their loyal customers they want to help I'm sure and we have no real way or desire to try and police it all.
Yes, we are learning from all this and paying attention.
But at the end of the day... if you're getting what is now an extremely limited and very in demand expensive toy and the ONLY question / complaint is WHEN... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have absolutely won at life.
Back to work here... SOOOOO much goodness coming everyone!!! Both on Rick and Morty, and Alice Cooper. VERY SOON!!!

Can't please everyone. Thanks for making pinball happen. Looking forward to our games and our Fang Club goodies!

#7335 4 years ago

There is a 0% chance of us handling all of this perfectly and making everyone thrilled with how it all went.

FWIW - I think you all did a great job all things considered. Always gonna be people who find something to complain about, no matter how hard you try.

I am looking forward to getting my Club Swag and I can't wait to see some Game Play streaming action.

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I found a couple on amazon
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
Just because it doesnt SAY black light poster doesnt mean it isnt UV reactive. If you are just looking for a hippy store fuzzy black light poster with R&M with pot leaves all over, Im sure it exists.
Edit More:
More:
https://www.teepublic.com/poster-and-art/6249957-rick-ripper
https://www.redbubble.com/people/wongphu/works/43158549-rick-sanchez-from-rick-and-morty-special-trippy-design?p=tapestry
https://www.redbubble.com/people/julijakrizaj/works/29746413-ricks-dream?p=tapestry

Unless it is printed with UV-reactive inks, it's not a blacklight compatible poster, and is just a pretty neon colored posted. I'm looking for specifically a R&M poster that is printed with UV-inks and reacts to blacklights and pops/glows under a blacklight.

Thanks though, I appreciate the looking out.

#7337 4 years ago

Chris called his game purchase in to Spooky RIGHT AS SALES LAUNCHED

I don't know if it was clear that was even an option. If it was I would have probably done both in case I didn't get through (which I didn't by the 4 minute mark after the website didn't load). Again I'm not mad, just seems like I'm not the only one that was unclear of all the options to buy.

#7338 4 years ago

i think we need a Tyler Hollinger's Man Babies episode of this thread. Id link a vid, but some of them are NSFW.

#7339 4 years ago

Complaining about your number is pointless....unless you're #1, there is someone who's going to get it before you. You KNOW you will get one. Remember, there are TBL EA's out there who've had their $8500 stolen and never got a game. Everyone who ordered a R&M will get one.

#7340 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know if it was clear that was even an option.

You didn't think that calling a business and placing an order over the phone was an option?

I don't think your problem is with Spooky at all.

#7341 4 years ago

How awesome is this...

Charlie Emery (the OWNER of Spooky pinball) chiming in once again to address all of the pinsiders!

You’re doing great Charlie!

Most of us are happy to wait for this awesome pin to be delivered, regardless of the build number! Actually, I’m picking up mine in person!

Also can’t wait for my Fangclub stuff to arrive’

Keep up the great work!

#7342 4 years ago

did he get a little bit of a boost from Spooky as being part of the "media group"? Yep

Got it...so it looks like Machoooo will be getting an early spot too next year...so long as he calls in with the voice right?

#7343 4 years ago

we had no idea we'd sell out as fast as we did

I did.

#7344 4 years ago

I admit have listened to Chris from time to time. But he’s a snake in the grass.

#7345 4 years ago

Do you guys think Gary Stern is reading any Threads on pin side about Sterne games?

Or is he too busy trying to find ways of cutting corners and quality for the next build?

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know if it was clear that was even an option.

We didn't advertise or encourage it... and won't next time either. But yes, you can call Spooky Pinball LLC basically anytime during normal business hours for about anything.

The entire office team of people was trying hard to keep up with the entire process on launch day. It basically looks like an airport traffic control tower, but all the planes in the country decide to land at the same time. It's seriously something we should video one day! Lol.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Everyone who ordered a R&M will get one.

YES, and I love you. Your analysis of the approvals / art / and everything else we deal with in this crazy process has been about 100% correct. Like you've seen know and understand the complexity of working with a licensed animated network series before or something... on a product as complicated as pinball, so THANK YOU!!!

#7347 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We consistently build 10 games a week at this point. We very rarely ever miss that mark anymore. We have done 500 a year the last 2 years. We dont plan on breaking that system for now. We have to be very careful as a small company. All of our guys are full time and they count on that paycheck to feed their families. If we get to the point where sales consistently demand we could expand easily. However you just never know how that next title is going to go over and how the market is going to be the next year. We never want to have a day at spooky pinball where we have to walk people to the door because we dont have work for them. It's just not what any of us are about. There are more important things than big numbers.

#7348 4 years ago

742 Pins to be made,742 Pins,they made 2 today,and took them away,740 Pins to be made!!!

#7349 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

https://www.amazon.com/Trends-International-Morty-Vaporwave-Poster-Multicolor/dp/B07B941SLR/ref=pd_sbs_201_t_2/143-0434547-3565925

#7350 4 years ago

hawkmoon - Look at the FB picture of Spooky’s warehouse. They are working on 8 machines at one time in similar states of assembly. They don’t “make” two a day.... they make TEN a week. Mathematically, you are correct, but actually, it’s TEN a week.

Big difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/145#post-5399494

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,500.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/147?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.