20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 246.
#7051 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's easy to swap a $10 fan into the power supply. I did it on my TNA. With that said, I think the volume of the fan is a bit over exaggerated. I would do it again on R&M, but it's not a must do.

agree completely.

That said, it sounds like some are super bothered by it. Sounds like an easy upsell option
Spooky could likely make another $100 for "quieter fan", but then again you would have people then busting out the decibel meter and complaining that their new quiet fan was 3db louder than it should be.

#7052 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Aaand that's the way the news goes.
Are we "collecting" catchphrases?

... collect at the "Rick" target , "Lionman! ... or, whatever."

... or maybe that one will come out when H.S. entry is "JUSTIN R" ? Lol

#7053 4 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Aaand that's the way the news goes.
Are we "collecting" catchphrases?

Oh they’ve already been collected.

#7054 4 years ago

RICKY TICKY TABBY!

#7055 4 years ago

Hears a montage of Rick saying some catch phrases. Not sure what the family friendly version of the last one would be.

Also heads up to the new or casual viewers of the show who may not have noticed. There is a bonus scene at the end of each and every episode after the credits. Usually very funny.

Would be cool if they put a little bonus joke/scene at the end of each game.

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Guessing same as TNA.
Would be interesting to see how many people would pay for the quiet version as an optional extra? Probably $100 extra?
Makes sense not to include quiet version in BOM, but as an optional extra it would be popular I think.

I hate loud fans. I'd pay for a quieter power supply that was under warranty. But yeah, NewEgg sells hundreds of case fans that will do the job.

#7057 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I hate loud fans. I'd pay for a quieter power supply that was under warranty. But yeah, NewEgg sells hundreds of case fans that will do the job.

I'd rather pay a bit extra to get from factory (option).

#7058 4 years ago

I still need to finalize some hardware, make a bracket, but the neutrino bomb cup holder turned out fairly well

neutrino_bomb (resized).jpgneutrino_bomb (resized).jpgr+m+cup_holder1 (resized).jpgr+m+cup_holder1 (resized).jpgr+m+cup_holder2 (resized).jpgr+m+cup_holder2 (resized).jpg
#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I still need to finalize some hardware, make a bracket, but the neutrino bomb cup holder turned out fairly well[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome, well done! Doesn't even look drunkenly improvised.

#7060 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if Australian Exports will be Bushworld Adventures.

A 'secret' Bushworld mode or such would be awesome.

bw3 (resized).jpgbw3 (resized).jpgbw2 (resized).pngbw2 (resized).png
#7061 4 years ago

We need loud fans to cover up the knocker sounds!

...too soon?

#7062 4 years ago

With games shipping this month - possibly - it won’t be long before we see the first gameplay video. Worst case I’d think is end of month. Of course that will be red meat to the pinball universe and R&M pinball hype will turn into hyperdrive.

So time to start guessing when the first R&M gameplay video will be linked here. I’ll start -> Jan 28, 2020 at 0420

#7063 4 years ago

My guess is that it’s unveiled like the first videos of TNA....Scott and Jack Danger delivering Rick and Morty #1 to Ed Robertson and a live stream at Ed’s house. I’m thinking some time in the next week or two.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry... ain't swapping
Will be bolted on the floor next to TNA #420

Quoted from Whysnow:

Final payment mailed.
Things are getting closer.[quoted image]

Is this confirmation that they are not being built in number order?

#7065 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

My guess is that it’s unveiled like the first videos of TNA....Scott and Jack Danger delivering Rick and Morty #1 to Ed Robertson and a live stream at Ed’s house. I’m thinking some time in the next week or two.

That would be awesome. That was one of my favorite streams ever with the Genisis fading into TNA to start.

#7066 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh god....

#7067 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

That would be great. Makes sense for Spooky to ensure a high quality stream to represent themselves. So pick your day/time.

#7068 4 years ago

Yeah, I heard they're doing all the prime numbers first, then every number divisible by 7, then all of the odd numbers, then all of the even numbers.

But I think they're starting at #350, and then doing a number less than 350, then one greater following the above pattern.

#7069 4 years ago

Stop being a Jerry.

#7070 4 years ago

I paid an extra $2000 to get mine built first.

#7071 4 years ago

I’d really love to see a streamer that isn’t jack danger or buffalo do a reveal. Spread the love! Is there anyone else in Wisconsin/Chicago?

Edit: not that I don’t love watching their streams!

#7072 4 years ago

Rick delivers my favorite line -

Rick: They’re just robots, Morty! It’s OK to shoot them! They’re robots!
Guard #1: Aah! My leg is shot off!
Guard #2: Glenn’s bleeding to death!
Child Morty Jr.: Someone call his wife and children!
Child Morty Jr.: They’re not robots, Rick!
Rick: It’s a figure of speech, Morty. They’re bureaucrats. I don’t respect them.

#7073 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’d really love to see a streamer that isn’t jack danger

Those guys are a couple, right?

#7074 4 years ago

I’d really love to see a streamer that isn’t jack danger or buffalo do a reveal. Spread the love! Is there anyone else in Wisconsin/Chicago?

What about Bowens for the stream, I hear he's a pretty good player.

#7075 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I still need to finalize some hardware, make a bracket, but the neutrino bomb cup holder turned out fairly well[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome

#7076 4 years ago

Any of you guys see that Saints fan flipping off the camera Rick style as the Vikings kicked the extra point ? Good stuff .

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Any of you guys see that Saints fan flipping off the camera Rick style as the Vikings kicked the extra point ? Good stuff .

Cant do nothing no more without it being instantly on the web.

#7078 4 years ago

I'd much rather watch Bowen Eric and Scott do the first gameplay video, for my preference.

17th of January 2020 at 16:20 .... cos I rather not get up at 04:20 in the morning to indulge Lol

#7079 4 years ago

I'll say 1st game play that I'll see will be 12-17-2020. When I do my unboxing. Unless I see one on location.

#7080 4 years ago

So am I to understand there's a game that can be played now at Spooky HQ?

#7081 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So am I to understand there's a game that can be played now at Spooky HQ?

Could be the prototype, I’ve not seen anyone infer it’s a production game.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll say 1st game play that I'll see will be 12-17-2020. When I do my unboxing. Unless I see one on location.

Gosh, I’m tempted to do this as well but I’m just not confident in my will power to avoid the streams!

#7082 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I’m tempted to do this as well but I’m just not confident in my will power to avoid the streams!

It will be hard, no doubt

#7083 4 years ago

No matter who does it someone will have given their time and someone's machine in order to make a lot of us very happy. It will be very much appreciated!
My hope is next Saturday.

get-out-of-my-head (resized).jpgget-out-of-my-head (resized).jpg
#7084 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

vireland sells a replacement quiet Stern fan for much cheaper. Wonder if they use the same type of power supply?

It's a different (smaller) fan in the 500w Spike power supplies than Spooky uses in their power supply.

I've been working on a fan solution for the 320W Spike power supplies because that fan is larger and mounted differently. It happens to be the same fan that Spooky and Multimorphic have. I've been doing the thermal testing for them (hawkmoon was a test pin for one of the production samples) which is now complete.

For Spike 320W it will be A+, no issues at all. For Spooky and Multimorphic, I still think it's safe (A-?), but it's strange that the power supply they use starts throttling power output a LOT sooner than the Spike ones if it gets very hot (40c/104f Spooky's PS vs 50c/122f Spike's PS). Don't understand it since the Spooky/Multimorphic is a monster physically compared to the Spike one, but it's crappier in that the fan is always on (no thermal switch) and it begins throttling power much sooner and at a lower temperature threshold than the Spikes. So if you have the Spooky machine in a very hot place with an ambient temp consistently over 90-100 degrees, maybe not a great idea to use a different quieter fan (of any type). Otherwise, for normal temp-controlled home and indoor use, it will be fine.

I should have them here before long. Just waiting on the factory now. They'll be in the pinside pinmonk store, on pinmonk.com, and probably pinball life as well (which already carries the spike 500W kit)

#7085 4 years ago

Woo Hoo Morty,I'm a test pin

#7086 4 years ago

So, yes, some numbers are not in order? Cool, solves a lot of problems.

I was just curious, never had a beef with any of this non-issue, perfectly happy with my number all along.

It's all good. Now, are you gonna keep hating this playa or are you gonna jack my steez?

#7087 4 years ago
6CFFFA20-D063-49B1-BF8F-3DD6DF6F15FF (resized).jpeg6CFFFA20-D063-49B1-BF8F-3DD6DF6F15FF (resized).jpeg
#7088 4 years ago

"I'm a flipper Morty!!" Introducing our first of Many custom mods for the Amazing Spooky release. Give Morty's pickle pal the star treatment as you battle through the dimensions of the universe. Custom made on a sewer grate and hand painted to perfect detail. Simple and reversible installation. Flipper Rick the smartest flipper in the universe is ready for battle! (Note, as some only like to customize the lower flippers this kit is sold as a set of 2!)
More info and detail available via our website: We appreciate your support.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

R7M-flippers1 (resized).jpgR7M-flippers1 (resized).jpgRM4 (resized).pngRM4 (resized).png
#7089 4 years ago

So, yes, some numbers are not in order? Cool, solves a lot of problems.
I was just curious, never had a beef with any of this non-issue, perfectly happy with my number all along.
It's all good. Now, are you gonna keep hating this playa or are you gonna jack my steez?

No Jerry. I bought two games.

Paid in full for the one that will be going on route right away (like I always do, to allow others to play it, get exposure for Spooky, and help provide feedback from initial run so everyone else gets and even better game).

My personal game for home won’t be built for another 42 weeks.

#7090 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Paid in full for the one that will be going on route right away (like I always do, to allow others to play it, get exposure for Spooky, and help provide feedback from initial run so everyone else gets and even better game).

A470723A-88E9-4640-AEAD-71A967521FD1 (resized).pngA470723A-88E9-4640-AEAD-71A967521FD1 (resized).png
#7091 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's easy to swap a $10 fan into the power supply. I did it on my TNA. With that said, I think the volume of the fan is a bit over exaggerated. I would do it again on R&M, but it's not a must do.

Or at the very least, Spooky could offer an upsell buyers to a different meanwell power supply that has a thermal switch to turn the fan on and off like Spike meanwells do. Meanwell has them, just not on the one Spooky's using for some reason. The main reason Spooky is probably using the 600W power supply they are is cost. All the 600w ones with thermal switches for the fan were a little to a lot more dough.

#7092 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or at the very least, Spooky could offer an upsell buyers to a different meanwell power supply that has a thermal switch to turn the fan on and off like Spike meanwells do. Meanwell has them, just not on the one Spooky's using for some reason. The main reason Spooky is probably using the 600W power supply they are is cost. All the 600w ones with thermal switches for the fan were a little to a lot more dough.

For me it’s a lot of analysis for a little fan noise. My basement is an arcade, not a library. I’ve never been bothered by any of the Spike fans.

When I turn on my Daytona USA 2, now THATS a fan!!

#7093 4 years ago

I swapped the fan right away on my TNA. Was a trivial effort and made the machine silent. Time well spent.

I’ll do the same For RAM if it shows up noisy again.

#7094 4 years ago

My virtual cab is louder than any real pinball because that thing has 6 huge fans.

#7095 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For me it’s a lot of analysis for a little fan noise. My basement is an arcade, not a library. I’ve never been bothered by any of the Spike fans.
When I turn on my Daytona USA 2, now THATS a fan!!

34dB in the spooky is a pretty loud fan. It's also more annoying than the Stern Spike machines because the RSP power supply series Spike uses have the thermal switch and it only comes on intermittently then turns off again. On Spooky pins, it just runs all the time because the power supply has no thermal switch. So, in a quiet room with 1 or 2 pins on, it sticks out like a sore thumb. But on location or in an arcade, it probably barely registers. Definitely a personal taste/choice issue, but loud fans drive me crazy.

#7096 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I swapped the fan right away on my TNA. Was a trivial effort and made the machine silent. Time well spent.
I’ll do the same For RAM if it shows up noisy again.

I kept hearing “warnings” of the loud TNA fan. The game is so loud, I can’t hear anything. I’m fine with the stock fan.

#7097 4 years ago

Knockers...to fans...

Next will be breathing and sighs....

#7098 4 years ago

Plumbus launch button.

Complimentary can of schleem to keep it smooth.

#7099 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I've learned one thing, it's that before you get anywhere in life, you gotta stop listening to yourself.

Good for you, Hilton, maybe if someone had actually answered my question I wouldn't have come to that erroneous conclusion.

But I still wonder, now, how they're going to reconcile build order numbers with all Standards being built last. Not that the resolution really matters, but that particular horse I do not consider dead. It's a straightforward question. I did email Spooky about it and the response was a non sequitur and didn't answer the question. Much like every time I've asked about it here.

It is funny how easy it is to rile some of us up (e.g. not even trying, just asking a question). If it was made clear somewhere and I missed it, please feel free to point it out. I feel like I should be the one using the emoji.

#7100 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"I'm a flipper Morty!!" Introducing our first of Many custom mods for the Amazing Spooky release. Give Morty's pickle pal the star treatment as you battle through the dimensions of the universe. Custom made on a sewer grate and hand painted to perfect detail. Simple and reversible installation. Flipper Rick the smartest flipper in the universe is ready for battle! (Note, as some only like to customize the lower flippers this kit is sold as a set of 2!)
More info and detail available via our website: We appreciate your support.
www.TheModCouplePinball.com[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a final piece or prototype?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/142?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.