20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 246.
#6951 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a general licensing question. When Rick and Morty does a parody of another book/ movie like they did with Needful Things (Stephen King book/movie) so do they have to get permission for and pay for the rites of that intellectual property or is there a parody waiver? Just curious.

They can parody all they want. Think family guy....

#6952 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackster:

They can parody all they want. Think family guy....

So they can run into Harry Potter or Luke Skywalker (or do they need to change the actual names and just make it resemble those characters)?

———
I see this now : (Internet so take it with a grain of salt) How do parody laws work?
In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner.
———-
It’s just odd you can almost straight out copy (parody) a work for free but if you so much as borrow a few notes on a song like Blurred Lines it can cost you millions.

#6953 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you get the "Bill Acceptor Coin Door" option from Spooky, what voltage is wired to the door for the DBA?

120v ac

#6954 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So they can run into Harry Potter or Luke Skywalker (or do they need to change the actual names and just make it resemble those characters)?
———
I see this now : (Internet so take it with a grain of salt) How do parody laws work?
In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner.
———-
It’s just odd you can almost straight out copy (parody) a work for free but if you so much as borrow a few notes on a song like Blurred Lines it can cost you millions.

Robot chicken parodies everything from the 80’s and 90’s. No names are changed. Weird Al parodies music for a living....

#6955 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a general licensing question. When Rick and Morty does a parody of another book/ movie like they did with Needful Things (Stephen King book/movie) so do they have to get permission for and pay for the rites of that intellectual property or is there a parody waiver? Just curious.

The show makes a joke about this with the "Scary Terry" character who happens to look a lot like Freddy Kreuger from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Rick describes him as:

"legally-safe knockoff of an '80s horror character with miniature swords for fingers instead of knives".

giphy-9.gifgiphy-9.gif
#6956 4 years ago

Just an FYI.

I have seen the "Bill Acceptor Ready Door" referred to by different names. Be sure you understand this door just has the cutout to mount your own Bill Acceptor. It doesn't come with the actual unit.

#6957 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I have seen the "Bill Acceptor Ready Door" referred to by different names. Be sure you understand this door just has the cutout to mount your own Bill Acceptor. It doesn't come with the actual unit.

Cool.

I know a couple guys named Bill that insist all games should take money.

I will install a Bill acceptor to accept the Bills' Bills.

#6958 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Robot chicken parodies everything from the 80’s and 90’s. No names are changed. Weird Al parodies music for a living....

Weird al needs permission to profit from the parodies. Look into what happened with gangster paradise or a different group and poolock from polona.

#6959 4 years ago

Do the recent spooky games have an optional headphone jack with volume control on the coin door?

#6960 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do the recent spooky games have an optional headphone jack with volume control on the coin door?

No they do not

#6961 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Weird al needs permission to profit from the parodies. Look into what happened with gangster paradise or a different group and poolock from polona.

Actually he doesn’t. He always asked first but was not legally obligated to do so.

#6962 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Actually he doesn’t. He always asked first but was not legally obligated to do so.

Ive always respected him for that. Never needed to, but always did. Most artists were flattered he wanted to parody them, but some were not.

#6963 4 years ago

That's too bad. Bet they would sell quite a few if those if it was an optional add on.

#6964 4 years ago

Hopefully they integrate the knocker into the game. I love how AP did it in Oktoberfest.

#6965 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Mad Magazine won a landmark suit that ruled parodies don't need permission.

#6966 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Hopefully they integrate the knocker into the game. I love how AP did it in Oktoberfest.

Does the knocker do something in Oktoberfest besides just announcing you won a replay?

#6967 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the knocker do something in Oktoberfest besides just announcing you won a replay?

They’re underused IMO. Addams Family is the only game I know of that uses cabinet knockers in gameplay, and that was really effective. Don’t know of any others. (Tbh I didn’t read any of the knocker discussion in the previous 10 pages).

#6968 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yep, during certain modes it's used. For example during Duck Hunt mode, everytime you shoot a duck it goes off. There are a few modes that utilize it.

#6969 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Yep, during certain modes it's used. For example during Duck Hunt mode, everytime you shoot a duck it goes off. There are a few modes that utilize it.

Awesome. I like the idea of owning an Oktoberfest one day.

#6970 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It plays every time you hit a lit duck target in the Duck Hunt mode.

Edit: Beat me to it!

#6971 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Awesome. I like the idea of owning an Oktoberfest one day.

It's the only game in my collection I can say will never leave unless I get out of the hobby. Maybe WOZ also.

#6972 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Mad Magazine won a landmark suit that ruled parodies don't need permission.

Wonder if Kevin Kulek the pirate CONman, could have designed a parody version of Predator and sold them without license or worry? Everything exactly as it was but for Arnold’s machine gun replaced with a giant pickle? I am incredulous about this working but anyone have an opinion?

#6973 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Addams Family is the only game I know of that uses cabinet knockers in gameplay, and that was really effective. Don’t know of any others.

I know of several from the late 1940s . It was advertised as "drumroll sound effects".

#6974 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Scott,

Is this an option on R&M?

I would for sure use this rather than installing a DBV on route. So people can hear all the great call outs.

#6975 4 years ago

Knockers are used to indicate rewards on a lot of games.

#6976 4 years ago

If Weired Al has done a parody of one of your songs, you know you have made it big time in the music industry.

#6977 4 years ago

OH MY GOD. Come back to 6000+ posts and think holy shit something happened, and it's all this knocker talk FFS peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

....sorry, thought this was what we were doing now.

Lots of parodies in R&M. I am a huge fan of how creative people get with existing ideas.

#6978 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's too bad. Bet they would sell quite a few if those if it was an optional add on.

I would definitely buy a headphone kit. Is there a Pinnovator or other aftermarket kit for Spooky games?

#6979 4 years ago

Never thought about using headphones while playing. I like it loud and proud.

If the neighbors complain, fk em. They are the ones hiring those obnoxious leafblowers.

#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If the neighbors complain, fk em. They are the ones hiring those obnoxious leafblowers.

How do I know you live alone for $100 Alex.

#6981 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How do I know you live alone for $100 Alex.

There is shit all over the kitchen counters and floor when I wake up and sometimes I am part of it.

You win the daily double.

#6982 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is shit all over the kitchen counters and floor when I wake up and sometimes I am part of it.
You win the daily double.

Significant others can be a hassle sometimes. Giving you the stinkeye when you say you're thinking about buying another pin, sighing heavily when you ask them to help you load it into the house, taking naps about the same time you want to play pinball.

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

could be nice for route where you want to hear a specific pin over others

#6984 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Significant others can be a hassle sometimes.

I lived with the mother of my child for 7 years, so tell me about it. It taught me a couple things though. How to be much neater and cleaner, which I still am, and to never, ever do that again.

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

could be nice for route where you want to hear a specific pin over others

I so agree with this. That's one of the things I dislike the most about barcades these days. You can't hear anything in the pin and today's pins practically require you to be able to hear whats going on. It's strange too, because I remember being able to hear games in arcades when I was younger.

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I would definitely buy a headphone kit. Is there a Pinnovator or other aftermarket kit for Spooky games?

I just looked at pinnovators website and didnt see anything for spooky.

Quoted from o-din:

I like to bring my games to shows and if there is a head phone jack installed it gives people at the show a chance to actually hear the game. I also appreciate it on other people's games I play at shows.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Scott,
Is this an option on R&M?
I would for sure use this rather than installing a DBV on route. So people can hear all the great call outs.

Pinball life already sells a nice spike 2 headphone plate for $50 that fits in the DBV hole. Maybe they could make a version of that that plate works with the P-ROC system on R&M?

#6987 4 years ago

Headphones are perfect for an adult game like R&M.

#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Headphones are perfect for an adult game like R&M.

If my neighbors can hear my buddies and me carrying on out in the garage, R+M will almost seem G rated.

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

That sounds very cool. If spooky plans on doing any extra knocker effects during some of the game modes they should let us know. If people knew that was coming they would probably sell a lot more knockers.

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That sounds very cool. If spooky plans on doing any extra knocker effects during some of the game modes they should let us know. If people knew that was coming they would probably sell a lot more knockers.

The knocker dimension!

#6991 4 years ago

I think I need to completely forget about this pin. Else it will be the longest 18 months of my life. Really tough to buy a new toy and wait this long in a world of nearly instant gratification.

Much better to wake up one day to a Spooky email, and have a "oh yah, that's right!" sort of moment.

#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nah, screw all those knocker-hating bitches!

#6993 4 years ago

Ok, let’s agree that when we hit 7000 posts we stop talking about knockers and move on to some other frivolous topic.

#6994 4 years ago

I forgot to mentioned we have 6 more posts left.

#6995 4 years ago

The only thing I'll agree to do is not to do what somebody complaining suggests I do. Just my nature I guess.

063c179c6bd0097499e6a7773c31b1ef (resized).jpg063c179c6bd0097499e6a7773c31b1ef (resized).jpg
#6996 4 years ago

Any official word on whether there will be a co-op mode?

#6997 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Co-op mode is awesome!, I hope it is included eventually.

#6998 4 years ago

Nobody has mentioned this but ... Bowen said game to ship with reasonably complete code AND Spooky’s first batch of games should begin shipping this month right? So we will be able to see video of the code very soon and see how the game shoots. Exciting!

#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

If I remember right, co-op mode isn’t included with this pin. Not sure of the reasoning, but I think this was mentioned by Spooky.

#7000 4 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAAARR!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,999 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/140?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.