20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 246.
#601 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure a large group of the Fanbase cannot afford pinball machines.

#602 4 years ago

I am really rooting for Spooky to knock it out of the park with R&M. The more pins built with great quality only helps us as consumers. Those companies making pins with less build quality and assets for higher profits were only getting away with that because of lack of competition. Nice to see newer pin companies like Spooky actually lifting up the quality and assets of all pins. At least that is what I hope will happen in the future. For those who love R&M Spooky is one of maybe two companies you want building your dream theme. Highest quality build and robust assets. Spooky should probably also leave the door open to mak9ng more than 750 if needed.

#603 4 years ago

facebook postings are saying nothing else can be revealed until adult swim officially signs off on everything, which is pretty normal for pinball. a date is set, im guessing full photos and video of gameplay will be shown all at once.

#604 4 years ago

No way 750 is going to be enough for this theme...they will need to do a 'premium' or something like that.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I just hope it has a massive amount of foul language that makes this show what it is.

Sigh.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I’m pretty sure a large group of the Fanbase cannot afford pinball machines.

Same with those Elvira and Munsters fans scraping by between social security checks.

#607 4 years ago

What's next...millennials and boomers playing pinball together?? Mass hysteria!

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No way 750 is going to be enough for this theme...they will need to do a 'premium' or something like that.

Spooky has been pretty clear in the past, when they say "___ total" they mean it. No BS, no vaults, no super limited editions. I think limiting this machine to 750 will be a mistake but once they start taking people's money I assume it's a done deal and 750 is the number.

That being said, I joined the Fang club this morning and look forward to handing over a thousand bucks as soon as I see the game My brother is considering picking one up as his first game and a big driving factor of that is the limited production number.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There will be almost zero crossover on this. The same people who buy "boomer" pins will be buying this.

I don't think we've ever seen or will ever see the "crossover" game people are dreaming about. The venn diagram of people who buy pinball machines is simply one solitary circle.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

GenX will mediate that merger. We are a bit of both.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's actually a gen Xer playing with a Gen Z, but thats close enough for the internet.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There will be almost zero crossover on this. The same people who buy "boomer" pins will be buying this.
I don't think we've ever seen or will ever see the "crossover" game people are dreaming about. The venn diagram of people who buy pinball machines is simply one solitary circle.

Beastie Boys

#614 4 years ago

I'm 40 and I love Rick & Morty. Is it because it's animated that people think it's for younger people?

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's actually a gen Xer playing with a Gen Z, but thats close enough for the internet.

It will be those that are or think like Millenials and GenZ playing mine. We don't want nothing to do with GenX around here.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Same with those Elvira and Munsters fans scraping by between social security checks.

Says the dude rockin' a BM66... that show is 15 years older than Movie Macabre. See you at the bridge club, O-din!

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. I'm 26, I own multiple pins. I have no interest in owning the majority of new licensed games. It's looking like this may be my first NIB purchase. I don't want any more dad rock. How does this factor into your equation?

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Says the dude rockin' a BM66... that show is 15 years older than Movie Macabre. See you at the bridge club, O-din!

I got rid of that thing faster than you can say geritol.

#619 4 years ago

When we say 750 is the limit we do not lie. Ever. No bullshit edition. We would remake an entire new rick and morty game from scratch before we ever did that.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No bullshit edition.

Sign me up for that model please.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Why not do 1,500?

They do 10 games a week.. That would be almost 3 years exactly.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got rid of that thing faster than you can say geritol.

Just as LS was getting it to be pretty fun? I'm still on the fence about 66.. they did a good job with the theme and Lyman rulesets are always top notch, but it was always a meh shooter. 'Gratz on the TnA, I assume that replaced the caped crusaders?

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

They do 10 games a week.. That would be almost 3 years exactly.

Time to ramp up production capabilities.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just as LS was getting it to be pretty fun?

It was like Met, I couldn't take it anymore before they even made it out of beta code.

I was trying to be hip with the pinside crowd but found I wasn't being hip with myself. Lesson learned.

#626 4 years ago

So what happens when 1000+ folks join the fang club expecting a spot?

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

They just made $45k and a lot of sad folks.

#628 4 years ago

Which is exactly what is about to happen.

#629 4 years ago

The first 750 will be happy, the remaining +250 will be disappointed in not pulling the trigger earlier.

#630 4 years ago

Then they double the number, which is bound to happen. Every barcade is going to drool over this.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

When we say 750 is the limit we do not lie. Ever. No bullshit edition. We would remake an entire new rick and morty game from scratch before we ever did that.

Obviously I'm biased, but I hope/assume prior customers get first dibs on these... I'm thinking there's gonna be more than 750 fang clubbers by Christmas. Wouldn't it be something if every R&M got snapped up by a prior Spooky customer? OTOH it would be quite the bummer if 750 wasn't enough to satisfy even *that* demand....

I have never seen hype^h^h^h^hexcitement for a new game like this. Closest was the MMR announcement, but that was an existing game, and people seem even more excited now than then...

#632 4 years ago

I was assuming the fang club memberships are limited, didn't see them offering up the entire run that way.. but it's not been stated anywhere so I could be wrong

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was like Met, I couldn't take it anymore before they even made it out of beta code.
I was trying to be hip with the pinside crowd but found I wasn't being hip with myself. Lesson learned.

I got "lucky" that my MetLE got reassigned to the metclub pool and I was unable to purchase at launch. I skipped the whole early met code bit and snagged a used LE couple years later after the code was greatly refined. Was my fave music pin til IM came along...

#634 4 years ago

Anyone post this playfield snap yet?

Screenshot_20191205-164307~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191205-164307~2 (resized).png
#635 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. I'm 26, I own multiple pins. I have no interest in owning the majority of new licensed games. It's looking like this may be my first NIB purchase. I don't want any more dad rock. How does this factor into your equation?

I'm saying you are a pinball collector. You own multiple pins.

You buy pinball machines. It didn't take a Rick and Morty game for you to buy pins. And if you didn't buy pins, you likely wouldn't be buying Rick and Morty.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Wouldn't it be something if every R&M got snapped up by a prior Spooky customer? OTOH it would be quite the bummer if 750 wasn't enough to satisfy even *that* demand....

At least it won't be anything like that TBL EA debacle. I got my message in already. Not sure what good it's going to do as far as place in line, but I'm buying one.

Quoted from metallik:

'Gratz on the TnA, I assume that replaced the caped crusaders?

Yes it did. But the caped crusader went on location where it has been earning very good ever since. As far as met, my musical tastes had changed dramatically since I was an 80s headbanger and I just couldn't go back there. It was a well built solid machine though.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

They got TWD pulled from under them? Didn't know that.

Not quite.

Reliable sources said Stern would not do TWD or any zombie games because of (insert reason I forgot)

So Spooky decided to make a zombie game & they did not keep it a secret.

Then out of nowhere BOOM there's a TWD announcement.

Charlie announced here, maybe the next day actually, they were not going to compete with "such a juggernaut" & would instead retheme their game to something else.

My memory is foggy. I'm sure I have parts wrong. But it was something like this.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Anyone post this playfield snap yet?[quoted image]

Get those stamps Morty!

EGRN_RuW4AETwuA (resized).jpgEGRN_RuW4AETwuA (resized).jpg
#639 4 years ago

So am I correct to understand that its 750 total machines not the LE version (or whatever they call it). I have to wonder if the machine is a hit, why not make more? Seems like you'd be limiting your profits ? But what do I know...

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So am I correct to understand that its 750 total machines not the LE version (or whatever they call it). I have to wonder if the machine is a hit, why not make more? Seems like you'd be limiting your profits ? But what do I know...

Spooky posted why. Read their posts in this thread.

**edit** Read post #227

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

New and improved version 2.0 confirmed

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Spooky posted why. Read their posts in this thread.

I had a hard time finding it but it got hidden in the quote of this post-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/6#post-5335828

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will be those that are or think like Millenials and GenZ playing mine. We don't want nothing to do with GenX around here.

but..but..I'm a GenX-er...

#644 4 years ago

Right now it’s just a theme with no machine. What’s the drama?

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but..but..I'm a GenX-er...

You just come on over here and become one with us hipsters for at least the evening and you will be more than welcome to partake.

Quoted from Electrocute:

Right now it’s just a theme with no machine.

This isn't deeproot, chum.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Get those stamps Morty![quoted image]

Very smart way of doing the playfield artwork. You are not locking your programmer into any specific modes.

Quoted from o-din:

You just come on over here and become one with us hipsters for at least the evening and you will be more than welcome to partake.

Say's the guy who probably introduced Suprime to a bunch of Pinsiders. The pinball machine was seriously my first introduction to the brand...and I'm considered a Millennial.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Say's the guy who probably introduced Suprime to a bunch of Pinsiders. The pinball machine was seriously my first introduction to the brand...and I'm considered a Millennial.

I'm just trying to stay hip, man.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#648 4 years ago

I just wish jjp or stern got this. Spooky games are meh and maintenance is a pain in the ass from what I hear.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I just wish jjp or stern got this. Spooky games are meh and maintenance is a pain in the ass from what I hear.

Are you kidding?? No company more deserved a home run theme like this than Spooky! "...from what I hear". That right there said it all. Obviously you have no experience on a Spooky machine and live off of heresay. Get some first person experience before bashing an awesome company.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I just wish jjp or stern got this

Another way to look at it is -- with each game they keep growing and adding new talent, why not root for them to keep upping their game?

Your post has inspired me to create a new thread. Coming soon.

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/13?hl=crosbyjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.