20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 246.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

Disagree. They were created to let everyone around you know you're the alpha pinball player in the arcade. It was a knocker because we didn't have any other way to make a distinctive noise.

I'm in this hobby to play pinball. Knocker thunks are irrelevant to me. I turn off all my Stern "knocker" beeps, I turned off my Taxi bell, and I turn off knockers when they are obnoxious.

But hey, if you like 'em, buy the knocker. Looks like Spooky made a good choice on an optional feature!

Now, how about that shaker? I'll buy it if it's well-integrated into gameplay. Such as a little bump when a Meeseeks goes bad, or jolts when a mode is completed or some such. Seeing haptic feedback done well on the Switch and on the iPhone has made a believer of me. I suppose you'd need power control to do some tricks, but it seems an underutilized device to me.

I'll guess I'll wait to see what Eric whips up for us!

#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why is asking a question "trying to persuade" someone? That's a very odd stance to have.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC. This issue is being worked on for ACNC as we speak (I have seen the new code) and this has been proactively addressed for R&M and will not be an issue there. The reason we put a larger computer in it was to handle the vast amounts of HD video that are going in this thing. We wanted more RAM, more CPU, and a better video processor. The PC that we are using is also made from off the shelf parts, which I am a huge advocate of.
--Scott

This is why dogpiling can be as toxic as trolling. Whether his intent was to troll or not, his criticism brought about a direct, and reassuring response from Scott.

That is a net positive.

To that effect, I never trust anyone that's entirely critical or devout towards an idea, person or product. Scepticism and optimism can walk hand in hand.

Thanks Scott for this elaboration!

#6903 4 years ago

Y'all kill me.

How could anyone argue about a simple knocker.
I like a machine with it. I was actually surprised it was an upgrade is all. Would've thought it was default.
Most machines have a simple two pin connector to disable if needed.

Meh. I'll be getting one.

#6904 4 years ago
7FA174C6-229F-456D-8E20-E6DD7F61D311 (resized).jpeg7FA174C6-229F-456D-8E20-E6DD7F61D311 (resized).jpeg
#6905 4 years ago

A pinball machine without a knocker when you score a replay or high score, the main goal of any pinball game as far as I'm concerned?

Might as well be playing video games. Or go back to playing them if that is where you came from.

#6906 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Whether his intent was to troll or not,

It was not

And you’re all welcome.

#6907 4 years ago

Pickle Rick likes knockers.

4AC1379D-F8EB-420B-94D5-2BE8F1D8F68E (resized).jpeg4AC1379D-F8EB-420B-94D5-2BE8F1D8F68E (resized).jpeg
#6908 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is why dogpiling can be as toxic as trolling. Whether his intent was to troll or not, his criticism brought about a direct, and reassuring response from Scott.

It was a Thread Crap. Plain and simple.

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A pinball machine without a knocker when you score a replay or high score, the main goal of any pinball game as far as I'm concerned?
Might as well be playing video games. Or go back to playing them if that is where you came from.

"...and that was *blarrrp* was the start of the pinball wars. Split down the middle about what should or shouldn't be in a pinball machine. Stupid bastards. They all died Morty, THEY ALL DIED. Over a bleep-ing game Morty!"

#6910 4 years ago

The knocker goes back to the late 40s when it was used as a scoring sound effect, not for replays. It would rattle almost constantly in games that had them.

Then they toned it down to just indicate replays which in some games could be 10 specials at a time. Nothing like playing one of those and hearing your reward for the work you put in to get to that point. Kinda pointless otherwise.

Pop bumpers and flippers are other products from the late 40s that I am happy are still in use today.

#6911 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pickle Rick likes knockers.[quoted image]

Incest anime...where is the club thread for this game?

#6912 4 years ago

All this knockers talk reminds me of this scene from season 3.

#6913 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Incest anime...where is the club thread for this game?

Yeah, can we tone it down a bit? It's starting to look like Tumblr in here.

#6914 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It was a Thread Crap. Plain and simple.

My point was, who cares if he was? His post led to a net positive.

I've seen ACNC at the site I play at, and is routinely maintained, often shutdown, and for me as a R&M buyer, it's a positive to hear possible past issues corrected via Scott. Bravo!

If someone feels, thinks, has a different opinion than you, does that truly affect your enjoyment that much? We are way too divided as a species, and it's all ego focused. I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off. An endless loop.

End thread derail. Game on. And I'm fine if my poop words are viewed as agreeable or disagreeable.

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've seen ACNC at the site I play at, and is routinely maintained, often shutdown, and for me as a R&M buyer, it's a positive to hear possible past issues corrected via Scott. Bravo!
If someone feels, thinks, has a different opinion than you, does that truly affect your enjoyment that much? We are way too divided as a species, and it's all ego focused. I'm right, you're wrong, fuck off. An endless loop.
End thread derail. Game on. And I'm fine if my poop words are viewed as agreeable or disagreeable.

As we repeatedly see in almost every thread, differing opinions do indeed affect enjoyment, and in some cases are even ruining pinball! /s

#6916 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Yeah, can we tone it down a bit? It's starting to look like Tumblr in here.

Its a step up from the knocker debate
I hope we get some real info soon...

#6917 4 years ago

Plumbus and knockers discussions seem very appropriate for this thread.

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Plumbus and knockers discussions seem very appropriate for this thread.

How about a plumbus knocker that just makes a half hearted limp fleshy thud?

#6919 4 years ago

This thread has it all. Pinsiders that have some strange anal insertion trigger with no sense of humor. Knocker haters and lovers. Can’t wait to see the next blow up.

#6920 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That info has already been available here. A friendly email / contact with Spooky would have netted him every bit as much information.

#6921 4 years ago

I get the Bill Acceptor Coin Door for my home collection instead of the knocker. No startling noise and just the faint hum of my girlfriend's cash getting pulled in.

#6922 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I get the Bill Acceptor Coin Door for my home collection instead of the knocker. No starling noise and just the faint hum of my girlfriends cash getting pulled in.

You have people bring girlfriends over? That's cool.

#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You have people bring girlfriends over? That's cool.

I have a two drink minimum purchase also.

#6924 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is not the owner club thread, this is an open discussion thread about this game, pre-order not required to post.

Any time I see you in a thread you're starting shit. Yes you do have a rep. Please stop.

#6925 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I get the Bill Acceptor Coin Door for my home collection instead of the knocker.

I'll be getting both for when it eventually goes on location and pays for itself.

Yes, pinball is an investment, folks.

#6926 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I'm going to have my machine fire a starter pistol and dispense a shot of whisky upon hitting the replay score.

...and it still wouldn't be as extravagant as the replay effect on that Funhouse at Pincinnati last month. Too bad the hotel shut down the smoke generator...

#6927 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A real pinball machine has a knocker.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What happens if you installed a pair of knockers?

Not sure about on R&M, but it would be quite appropriate on Elvira's House of Horrors.

#6928 4 years ago

I feel like flares would be much more engaging

#6929 4 years ago

Saw 128 new posts. Got excited. Thanks for the disappointment. Could be worse. At least it’s not talk about pinball DLC.

#6930 4 years ago

Came back to this thread after a couple hours and was excited to see 85 new posts – must be something good! Nope, just knockers. So might as well join in – I’ve got a Bally Firecracker which has a spinner under the playfield used to randomize the “Firecracker” hole award. The spinner is kicked with a spring mech, and each rotation advances the award wheel. The random sound of the solenoid advancing the wheel kinda sounded like firecrackers. You can see where I’m going with this one… I wired the free game knocker to the same circuit and now it really sounds like firecrackers going off! Talk about scaring the unsuspecting player!

#6931 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not trying to define anything . I'm just saying I like Knockers and if you're spending thousands of dollars why wouldn't you spend $45 more to get 1 , if you don't use it the next buyer will like you got it .

knockers are the best

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6932 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Any time I see you in a thread you're starting shit. Yes you do have a rep. Please stop.

Cool. Didn’t think anyone knew me around here, tend to keep to myself.

#6933 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Cool. Didn’t think anyone knew me around here, tend to keep to myself.

You have almost 1000 downvotes and been moderated 26 times lol

#6934 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

You have almost 1000 downvotes and been moderated 26 times lol

I don’t keep track of my stats. Thanks Elias!

#6935 4 years ago

5093 posts is hardly keeping to yourself hahaha

#6936 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don’t keep track of my stats. Thanks Elias!

Not really keeping track. Takes 1 click to see that.

#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Educate me... where do you see that?

#6938 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Never looked at stats and had no idea I could. Appreciate you thought enough to check for me.

#6939 4 years ago

I have several williams coinboxes with slide lids .. wondering if i can use in a Rick n Morty
?Thanks

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Its actually 2 clicks (unless there is a faster way than mine! lol).. But click on the Pinsider Blueprint on someone's avatar. Once you are on that page, click the Forum tab. The stats are right there.

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Click their username and then click Forum

#6942 4 years ago

Let’s all continue to talk about knockers and not knockers.

#6943 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Feel free to waste your time searching my posts for examples to back up your statement. Would love to see what you come up with. Have fun!

You obviously knew your posts are searchable...and there is plenty of evidence that you enjoy causing drama. Please exit the thread...you have no use here but drama.

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You obviously knew your posts are searchable...and there is plenty of evidence that you enjoy causing drama. Please exit the thread...you have no use here but drama.

I'm beginning to feel this way as well.

Lesson learned.

#6945 4 years ago

Just got back and saw 1000 new posts.

Was sure pinsiders were going to tell me of some revelation I couldn't figure out on my own. I mean, if they can't, who can I turn to? I feel so lost...

#6946 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Its actually 2 clicks (unless there is a faster way than mine! lol).. But click on the Pinsider Blueprint on someone's avatar. Once you are on that page, click the Forum tab. The stats are right there.

Click on the users post count

Screenshot_20200103-164615_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200103-164615_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#6947 4 years ago

There it is!! The 1 click method! Thanks for sharing that, I didn't know you could click there.

#6948 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Saw 128 new posts. Got excited. Thanks for the disappointment. Could be worse. At least it’s not talk about pinball DLC.

But dimples are coming...

dimples (resized).jpgdimples (resized).jpg
#6949 4 years ago

Are there any good pics of the art blades?

#6950 4 years ago

I have a general licensing question. When Rick and Morty does a parody of another book/ movie like they did with Needful Things (Stephen King book/movie) so do they have to get permission for and pay for the rites of that intellectual property or is there a parody waiver? Just curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/139?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.