20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 246.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:If that's all that matters stick to EM games .
I love all the new technology LEDs , lcds , sound systems , internet connectivity ( coming soon ) . I'm greedy I want more not less and a knocker just adds to everything . Good pinball is more than just flippers and balls it is a physical ,Audio Visual experience .

I think you missed the point, but whatever.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC has so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?
Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.

I've had ACNC since July with no game resets, and I've put about 500 plays on it. It's had less problems out of the box than JJP and Stern games I've seen setup. I have only had to do a few switch adjustments etc. Just typical pinball maintenance. One big plus is Spooky playfields don't look like golf balls after 40 plays (man I would hate to be one of the NST owners posting pf pics right now).

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You must have me confused with someone else. I doubt many people on here know of me, I'm not a hyper poster or Pinside Personality and rarely post in the popular new game threads. Feel free to waste your time searching my posts for examples to back up your statement. Would love to see what you come up with. Have fun!
Was not a trolling question either. Was just asking if anyone was concerned because of the last release having many issues. Simple question to answer, it's either yes, no or maybe. No need to attack someone for asking a question.

You weren't REALLY asking a question. If you were you wouldn't have added all of this:

""Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.""

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You already addressed this with your first reply when you stated that he may have you confused with someone else. This second reply IS trolling. Why try to pick a fight after you've already explained your position?

No it is not trolling. He talked smacked to me, then an hour later the game designer tells him he is flat out wrong about his comment on the memory leak fix. So I'll smack talk back. That is not trolling....I did not bait him into any comment, he did that on his own. And he ALWAYS does that.

Whysnow should change his handle to Mando....always getting shit wrong, because it is the way.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No it is not trolling. He talked smacked to me, then an hour later the game designer tells him he is flat out wrong about his comment on the memory leak fix. So I'll smack talk back. That is not trolling....I did not bait him into any comment, he did that on his own. And he ALWAYS does that.
Whysnow should change his handle to Mando....always getting shit wrong, because it is the way.

What number Rick and Morty did you get?

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ridiculous. You don’t get to define “the hobby”.

I'm not trying to define anything . I'm just saying I like Knockers and if you're spending thousands of dollars why wouldn't you spend $45 more to get 1 , if you don't use it the next buyer will like you got it .

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

1214323017242103178080748455306607736362123njpgoh05dabf517cd432ad858051801fcb005aoe5921a8de (resized).jpeg1214323017242103178080748455306607736362123njpgoh05dabf517cd432ad858051801fcb005aoe5921a8de (resized).jpeg
#6858 4 years ago

As far as the knocker discussion goes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I love real knockers. To me they harken back to the time of chimes and bells in games. Plus I think it's hilarious when they scare the shit out of someone. I had non-pinballers over playing on NYE, and someone got a match. Of course all the non-pinballers jumped, but then everyone was laughing about it.

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC. This issue is being worked on for ACNC as we speak (I have seen the new code) and this has been proactively addressed for R&M and will not be an issue there. The reason we put a larger computer in it was to handle the vast amounts of HD video that are going in this thing. We wanted more RAM, more CPU, and a better video processor. The PC that we are using is also made from off the shelf parts, which I am a huge advocate of.
--Scott

thanks for clarity. Someone much smarter than I explained it as a software/code/proc/cpu combined issue and that there were many ways to attack it.
They said the new/better/bigger CPU would take care of it.

Glad to hear it is software and being fixed. That is better than hardware!

#6860 4 years ago

I'd rather hear Rick belch and say "Replay" or "Yay Morty, another game for no schmekles" than hear the knocker sound. In a home environment using Free Play, I never understood the reason for a knocker.

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What number Rick and Morty did you get?

This is not the owner club thread, this is an open discussion thread about this game, pre-order not required to post.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I never understood the reason for a knocker.

Your avatar says it all ( which I like )

IMG_20200104_031010 (resized).jpgIMG_20200104_031010 (resized).jpg
#6863 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is not the owner club thread, this is an open discussion thread about this game, pre-order not required to post.

You sad, bro?

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You sad, bro?

?:

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Personally I love real knockers.

Me too!

Look guys, if you want to play your R&M Morty quietly with no bad words and low volume while the children sleep, go ahead. That's why there's options on stuff like knockers.

But for me, pinball is loud and proud and a real knocker is that little something special, the icing on th cake, as it were. It's a classic pinball sound generated by real mechanical action. THAT is what *real* pinball is all about.

#6866 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your avatar says it all ( which I like )[quoted image]

My words were "In a home environment using Free Play, I never understood the reason for a knocker." IN A HOME USE ENVIRONMENT USING FREE PLAY. I do understand the reason for a knocker in general and in a location/arcade. I'm speculating that RAM is a title that will be in more homes than on location.

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You sad, bro?

His negative comments weren't getting enough play in the 'Why didn't you buy ...' thread.

So, he came here to whine about an issue Spooky is already addressing and to throw some shade at the people who bought a Rick and Morty. Total Jerry.

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why shouldn't there be a natural progression that removes the knocker (which has been done, but everyone seems to dislike).

Because as you said everyone dislikes it .
This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen posted on pinside and I have seen a lot of stupid shit .

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not trying to define anything . I'm just saying I like Knockers and if you're spending thousands of dollars why wouldn't you spend $45 more to get 1 , if you don't use it the next buyer will like you got it .

Cuz it’s my game for my enjoyment & I don’t care enough about the knocker to spend $45 on it. My B/W games that came with knockers have them. My Q*Bert arcade game has a knocker. My Stern’s have their fake knocker turned off, and I don’t care enough to add real ones for Matches & Replays that don’t matter at home.

I don’t plan on selling my R&M, but if I did, a knocker takes 2 seconds to install if the buyer wanted one. If I lose a sale over that, OH WELL lol.

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Me too!
THAT is what *real* pinball is all about.

Except that's a backhanded jab - which has been said more than once the same way. Sorry, but if you want to talk about REAL pinball, then you should have reels and pins. I mean, why go to digital at all? That's not *real* pinball. LCD? Stereo Sound? Subs? That's not *real* pinball, not classic pinball. Just saying. The implication that the lack of a knocker somehow diminishes *real* pinball is false. The idea that real knockers somehow are a requirement is absurd when you consider everything that has changed in pinball. Ultimately I don't care, just funny that people try to belittle it as something that is required. It's like religious people cherry picking what they agree with in the bible then judging everyone else.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen posted on pinside and I have seen a lot of stupid shit .

Get back in your cage. I suppose it's easier to say it's stupid when your reading comprehension is that lacking.

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Look guys, if you want to play your R&M Morty quietly with no bad words and low volume while the children sleep, go ahead. That's why there's options on stuff like knockers.

One has nothing to do with the other. My R&M will be loud and dirty, and my daughter’s first words will probably be “You piece of shit, Morty”. Some people don’t see the value of a random thud when the game is over. This knocker police thing is bizarre.

#6873 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Except that's a backhanded jab - which has been said more than once the same way. Sorry, but if you want to talk about REAL pinball, then you should have reels and pins. I mean, why go to digital at all? That's not *real* pinball. LCD? Stereo Sound? Subs? That's not *real* pinball, not classic pinball. Just saying. The implication that the lack of a knocker somehow diminishes *real* pinball is false. The idea that real knockers somehow are a requirement is absurd when you consider everything that has changed in pinball.

That logic is a slippery slope my friend. Remove the real mechanical knocker today? What's next, might as well just simulate the flippers on a screen too...

They are not a requirement, as I said, but *for me*, they are icing on the cake.

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That logic is a slippery slope my friend. Remove the real mechanical knocker today? What's next, might as well just simulate the flippers on a screen too...

The false equivalency is strong in this one.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

They are not a requirement, as I said, but *for me*, they are icing on the cake.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

#6876 4 years ago

when I think of knockers on my machine....

mortyboobs (resized).jpgmortyboobs (resized).jpg
#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This knocker police thing is bizarre.

There's no knocker police , all I ever said was for $45 I'll get the knocker . If you don't like Knockers fair enough

#6878 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hey c'mon.... that's a big call Lol, stupidest?.... have you seen some of the stuff on here mate??

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The false equivalency is strong in this one.

Quoted from Zablon:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Whatever guys, I said it was *my* preference. You do you, and I'll be free to judge as I see fit.

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I'd rather hear Rick belch and say "Replay" or "Yay Morty, another game for no schmekles" than hear the knocker sound. In a home environment using Free Play, I never understood the reason for a knocker.

In the home environment, knockers are only good for pingoals.

#6881 4 years ago

You know the news on this machine is slow when pinside argues about installing a knocker or not...

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

You know the news on this machine is slow when pinside argues about installing a knocker or not...

Pinball opinions is serious bidness.

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There's no knocker police , all I ever said was for $45 I'll get the knocker . If you don't like Knockers fair enough

That’s all you ever said? Go back and read what you said lol. Wrong hobby not real pinball insinuating motherfucker lol (We can talk like Rick in this thread, right?)

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, why go to digital at all? That's not *real* pinball. LCD? Stereo Sound? Subs? That's not *real* pinball

All those things you mentioned are real , the sound of a knocker going off isn't real unless it's made by a real knocker making the noise .

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Whatever guys, I said it was *my* preference. You do you, and I'll be free to judge as I see fit.

That’s fine. I have zero issue with people’s preferences. Knocker away. Just don’t say stupid shit like you’re in the wrong hobby, it’s not real pinball, or it’s a slippery slope to removing flippers.

#6886 4 years ago

Knockergate (tm pending)

Going to be a fun 18 months.

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All those things you mentioned are real , the sound of a knocker going off isn't real unless it's made by a real knocker making the noise .

I'm going to chalk this up to different cultures as again I think you missed the point. It's not a big deal, no one was affronting your preference of a real knocker.

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s fine. I have zero issue with people’s preferences. Knocker away. Just don’t say stupid shit like you’re in the wrong hobby, it’s not real pinball, or it’s a slippery slope to removing flippers.

I'll say what I god damned feel like, thanks. You don't like it, fine. Never said you were in the wrong hobby. And it is a slippery slope...

#6889 4 years ago

Real knockers vs fake knockers....are we talking pinball here???

#6890 4 years ago

I love love love knockers on EM's but they just don't do it for me on modern games as I have completely different set of goals when playing them.

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Real knockers vs fake knockers....are we talking pinball here???

This would be a much more interesting conversation if we weren't.

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'll say what I god damned feel like, thanks. You don't like it, fine. Never said you were in the wrong hobby. And it is a slippery slope...

That was me , it's almost 4 in the morning and I've had a few beers . I just thought it was funny when rarehero said knockers annoy and scare people . Just kidding about the wrong hobby didn't mean to offend .

#6893 4 years ago

I'm going to have my machine fire a starter pistol and dispense a shot of whisky upon hitting the replay score.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This would be a much more interesting conversation if we weren't.

I thought we were talking about hooters? ? Lol ... and real vs fake ?

There's an idea! .... an option for a pair of Real Hooters!

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I’m going to ask Spooky to build my game without flippers or glass. I’ll just use my hands to flip. THIS IS WHERE A KNOCKERLESS LIFE HAS LED ME!!!!!!!!!

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought we were talking about hooters? ? Lol ... and real vs fake ?
There's an idea! .... an option for a pair of Real Hooters!

Sorry couldn't help my self , any excuse .

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry couldn't help my self , any excuse .[quoted image]

FAKE NEWS!!!

Nice buttons on that shirt though! Lol

Back to horns... I mean hooters.... errr, I mean knockers! (Buuarrrp!!) , Morty.

#6898 4 years ago

Wait a minute, you said you don't like fake knockers *colbert*

#6899 4 years ago

Love my ACNC knocker---- It pops with EB as well as "replay". For me, adds to the immersion just as the shaker does.
Will get it for this also. Peace among worlds!

#6900 4 years ago

I think you're getting Hooters mixed up with knockers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/138?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.