20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 246.
#6801 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC is having so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?
Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.

Games are sold out at this point, not sure who you are trying to persuade, but thanks!
ACNC on location near me plays fine.
I hope Spooky addresses the issues on those machines, doesn't seem like something impossible to fix.

#6802 4 years ago

ACNC #184 here, no problems at all. I’ve had one minor switch issue through ~1500 plays.

#6803 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC has so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?
Sure, this is your dream theme, but so was Alice Cooper for those buyers. Now they’re stuck with a game that constantly resets due to memory leaks and many issues with the mechs. I have two friends with ACNC and no way I was going to even think about buying Rick and Morty until I saw Spooky could finish their prior game.

OH SHIT, I'm cancelling my order immediately!

#6804 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If you’re buying this pin, you’re not concerned that ACNC has so many serious problems that have yet to be resolved by Spooky?

Not concerned since you are a known troll and hater. Vast majority of TNA and ACNC appear to be very stoked on the games. Spooky build quality from TNA onward is the best in the business.

Memory leak issue is a code/proc thing and they have beefed up CPU to help deal with that. In my experience, It only happens when you leave your game on for days at a time. Just power off the game once in a while. Problem solved.

#6805 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200103-062541 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200103-062541 (resized).jpg
#6806 4 years ago

And you make 2pins,and pass them around,746 pins to be made!!!!

#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not concerned since you are a known troll and hater

You must have me confused with someone else. I doubt many people on here know of me, I'm not a hyper poster or Pinside Personality and rarely post in the popular new game threads. Feel free to waste your time searching my posts for examples to back up your statement. Would love to see what you come up with. Have fun!

Was not a trolling question either. Was just asking if anyone was concerned because of the last release having many issues. Simple question to answer, it's either yes, no or maybe. No need to attack someone for asking a question.

#6808 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Memory leak issue is a code/proc thing and they have beefed up CPU to help deal with that. In my experience, It only happens when you leave your game on for days at a time. Just power off the game once in a while. Problem solved.

Memory leaks are not a minor issue. I asked some folks in the ACNC club thread and it seems to be worse than you are saying, as one user was reporting it resetting every 2-3 games. My main concern from reading the owners on there is that the game hasn’t received a code update in many months and the “fix” was to put an auto power cycle in the code to prevent resets mid game. Is David Fausma still working for Spooky? I would expect such a critical issue to get worked much quicker. Is it a PROC operating system issue (Jimmy)? Maybe they just still haven’t figured it out yet but that’s a bit concerning to me.

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

ACNC #184 here, no problems at all. I’ve had one minor switch issue through ~1500 plays.

Happy to hear your game is problem free. But that is not the case for every owner if you read the owner thread. I also know two owners locally, which is why I'm also aware of the issues.

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

who you are trying to persuade,

Why is asking a question "trying to persuade" someone? That's a very odd stance to have.

#6811 4 years ago

The memory leak reboot gives me a minute or two for a bathroom break or to grab a fresh beer. One more game is strong on ACNC.

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why is asking a question "trying to persuade" someone? That's a very odd stance to have.

The only reason why your post seems odd to me is that you didn't seem to be asking if anyone was worried, but you seemed to state you would never go in on R+M because of unresolved issues with acnc.

And if you're really seriously asking if anyone is worried, it seems to me like sold out in 4 hours = very little worry. Me personally, I heard about the issue, and then I heard Charlie say that they are using a newer (different), more robust computer or whatever.

So I have 0 worry.

Your post would have (to me) made way more sense back on page 1 or 2 or anywhere before the games sold out. Why would anyone (like yourself) buy in if they were so worried?

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is that what causes that? I kinda figured as much...I don't own one but was playing one on site and it crashed at the end of a round. Only happened once in about a dozen or so plays, but still.

On that note, I work in low voltage A/V systems and I can tell you that I have worked with products that cost 5 times what one of these costs, and they have memory leak issues sometimes too. We had an on going where the processor/video matrix would fail and lockup every 49 days like clockwork. A quick firmware release fixed the issue, so its not an end all be all.

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I heard about the issue, and then I heard Charlie say that they are using a newer (different), more robust computer or whatever.

So I have 0 worry.

See? That was easy.

I didn't ask about concerns due to ACNC back on page 1 or 2 because I only heard about the ACNC issues very recently when a friend was having issu. Then I started reading the ACNC owner thread and saw that others were having lots of problems as well. There was zero trolling in my post. So many crap talkers here on Pinside, I do understand how you might come to that conclusion though.

#6815 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Some detail on the 'family mode' filtering.

Thanks for the details, Eric! I appreciate you taking the time to explain features, to say nothing of actually developing the most comprehensive family filter ever seen in pinball!

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not worried here. Have TNA and ACNC. No issues at all.

#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Happy to hear your game is problem free. But that is not the case for every owner if you read the owner thread. I also know two owners locally, which is why I'm also aware of the issues.

Charlie has stated numerous times that they are aware and working on the reset/ memory leaks. As a home user I don't think the reset is a problem at all, if I had this on route I could see there being problems. Also if your friends are having numerous issues they need to contact support and get them fixed.

I would buy from Spooky again without worry.

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not concerned since you are a known troll and hater. Vast majority of TNA and ACNC appear to be very stoked on the games. Spooky build quality from TNA onward is the best in the business.

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC. This issue is being worked on for ACNC as we speak (I have seen the new code) and this has been proactively addressed for R&M and will not be an issue there. The reason we put a larger computer in it was to handle the vast amounts of HD video that are going in this thing. We wanted more RAM, more CPU, and a better video processor. The PC that we are using is also made from off the shelf parts, which I am a huge advocate of.
--Scott

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC. This issue is being worked on for ACNC as we speak (I have seen the new code) and this has been proactively addressed for R&M and will not be an issue there. The reason we put a larger computer in it was to handle the vast amounts of HD video that are going in this thing. We wanted more RAM, more CPU, and a better video processor. The PC that we are using is also made from off the shelf parts, which I am a huge advocate of.
--Scott

Thank you for the detail Scott! That makes a LOT more sense. Throwing a larger PC at something isn't how you fix a memory leak, so that sounded strange to me. Much appreciated you chiming in on this thread.

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

See? That was easy.
I didn't ask about concerns due to ACNC back on page 1 or 2 because I only heard about the ACNC issues very recently when a friend was having issu. Then I started reading the ACNC owner thread and saw that others were having lots of problems as well. There was zero trolling in my post. So many crap talkers here on Pinside, I do understand how you might come to that conclusion though.

And to be clear, in no way was I calling you a troll.

- Ass bash toy guy.

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thank you for the detail Scott! That makes a LOT more sense. Throwing a larger PC at something isn't how you fix a memory leak, so that sounded strange to me. Much appreciated you chiming in on this thread.

No problem. You are correct, throwing a bigger PC at a memory leak is not the way to handle it at all. This is why I wanted to clarify. There are people much smarter than myself handling this, so that makes me happy.

#6822 4 years ago

Man I’m sad that mirror blades aren’t a default add on. Guess I’ll be screwing them on myself!

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Man I’m sad that mirror blades aren’t a default add on. Guess I’ll be screwing them on myself!

Mirror blades with a couple of bits of planet or portal art on them...

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

memory_leak (resized).jpgmemory_leak (resized).jpg
#6825 4 years ago

Do Spooky games come pre t-nutted for shaker motors? If it's a 5 minute job like a Stern game I'd try to save the $20 installation fee.

#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not concerned since you are a known troll and hater.

Once again you have proven yourself to be known for talking out your ass. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

#6827 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Once again you have proven yourself to be known for talking out your ass. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

You already addressed this with your first reply when you stated that he may have you confused with someone else. This second reply IS trolling. Why try to pick a fight after you've already explained your position?

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I think I’ll omit the knocker. My family doesn’t need to know about a new high score.

For $45 you have to get the knocker . You can disconnect it if you want but at least you know it's there . Nothing better than when the knocker scares the crap out of someone not expecting it . Imo a real pinball machine has a knocker .

#6829 4 years ago

Never cared for knockers. In home use, don't need one as I don't care about 'replays!'. Not having one does not impact my enjoyment of pinball at all.

#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For $45 you have to get the knocker . You can disconnect it if you want but at least you know it's there . Nothing better than when the knocker scares the crap out of someone not expecting it . Imo a real pinball machine has a knocker .

I agree. Scott designed a knocker for Stern Spike games that Pinball Life sells. I put in in my Star Wars Premium and its fantastic and LOUD.

#6831 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You must have me confused with someone else. I doubt many people on here know of me, I'm not a hyper poster or Pinside

"I'm not a hyper poster"....checks number of posts made on Pinside (in 6 year membership) = 5,000+

Please define hyper poster

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Agreed! I have the knocker set to hit for every replay awarded. Something nostalgic and gratifying when you hit top score and everybody in the room hearing those 4 knocks knows it.

#6833 4 years ago

What happens if you installed a pair of knockers? Would they fire together or sound out of phase? They could be made to sound differently too, if there was a desire to use one during game play while dedicating the other to replays.

#6834 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

"I'm not a hyper poster"....checks number of posts made on Pinside (in 6 year membership) = 5,000+
Please define hyper poster

Hey that’s only 2.7 posts a day every day for 6 years

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Agreed! I have the knocker set to hit for every replay awarded. Something nostalgic and gratifying when you hit top score and everybody in the room hearing those 4 knocks knows it.

Nothing better than hearing bang , bang , bang after a great game and getting rewards for all the stuff you did , it adds to the whole theatre of the experience .

#6836 4 years ago

So... when all is said and done I'll be looking at $7970 plus shipping for my BSE with all options except Butter, Coin Box, and Bill acceptor.

If you picked up every option you'd run $9,059.

If you picked up a plain standard you'd run $6995.

So, total price runs just shy of the street price of a Stern Premium to just under the street price of a Stern LE.

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... when all is said and done I'll be looking at $7970 plus shipping for my BSE with all options except Butter, Coin Box, and Bill acceptor.
If you picked up every option you'd run $9,059.
If you picked up a plain standard you'd run $6995.
So, total price runs just shy of the street price of a Stern Premium to just under the street price of a Stern LE.

Smaller company, smaller run, AND you are likely paying for the license, which if all is as good as we've been told, is quite a bit more assets than Stern does...

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Hey that’s only 2.7 posts a day every day for 6 years

Yup, that's nothing. That is the equivalent of asking a question in an owner club thread, someone replies, I reply back.

By Hyper posters, I mean the usual crew who cannot let a thread breathe and reply to every comment....like they are having a real time chat in a thread.

#6839 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well, I guess my R&M won’t be real!

Knockers are annoying, scare people, and I have no reason to have one for a home play game. No one needs to be notified of winning a free game from a match.

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Then I started reading the ACNC owner thread and saw that others were having lots of problems as well. There was zero trolling in my post.

If you knew about the issue from the owners thread then it stands to reason you should have know about the fix that is in the works. Instead, you brought your half baked drama to this thread and also the, Why didn't you buy a Rick and Morty, thread.

I would hope that you would now return to the other thread and post your new understanding.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-didn-t-you-buy-a-rick-and-morty-/page/5#post-5391643

Thanks

#6841 4 years ago

For those that find knockers necessary and nostalgic....what are your thoughts on LCD over DMD? There's no nostalgia for LCD. People like to say it adds more, and is a natural progression. Why shouldn't there be a natural progression that removes the knocker (which has been done, but everyone seems to dislike). I ask this as someone who is not blown away by the move to LCD. To me the only things necessary for a pinball machine are the balls and flippers. Everything else is optional.

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Knockers are annoying, scare people,

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

#6843 4 years ago

When you get the "Bill Acceptor Coin Door" option from Spooky, what voltage is wired to the door for the DBA?

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Knockers are a inherit part of pinball , if knockers are annoying or scare you I think you're in the wrong hobby

So is paying for pinball. Do you have yours set to freeplay? That's not pinball. If you like em you like em, but they are not a necessity for a pinball machine. Especially if you own it.

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For those that find knockers necessary and nostalgic....what are your thoughts on LCD over DMD? There's no nostalgia for LCD. People like to say it adds more, and is a natural progression. Why shouldn't there be a natural progression that removes the knocker (which has been done, but everyone seems to dislike). I ask this as someone who is not blown away by the move to LCD. To me the only things necessary for a pinball machine are the balls and flippers. Everything else is optional.

Hm...because there is nothing worse than hearing speakers pop to emulate the noise? May just be me, but the speaker torture is waaaay too brutal...I prefer to here the knocker myself, its satisfying to know I hit the replay score...even if I'm at home on free play

All that said, its merely a preference...sooooo...whatever blows up your skirt!

And I like the new displays! DMD is cool (I currently have one) but yeah, natural progression. I didn't realize how much I liked the big display until I got into playing Deadpool...makes a great impact on the story the game is telling.
Although...I'd be lying if I didn't say I think it would be cool for a modern day pin to come out with score reels.

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

In an arcade knockers are great but at home (especially one where you have infants and small children who nap) knockers are a known to cause problems. I've learned this the hard way on a few occasions where I turned the volume down to play but forgot about the knocker then then was met with an angry wife holding a screaming baby. I'll pass on the real knocker.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Hm...because there is nothing worse than hearing speakers pop to emulate the noise? May just be me, but the speaker torture is waaaay too brutal...I prefer to here the knocker myself, its satisfying to know I hit the replay score...even if I'm at home on free play
All that said, its merely a preference...sooooo...whatever blows up your skirt!

Yep, not trying to start a knocker war.

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

First off, I said scare people...not me. I know when it’s coming. It scares guests.

Wrong hobby? Really? A noise that tells someone in a loud location that they won a replay is what defines pinball? Ridiculous. You don’t get to define “the hobby”.

#6849 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To me the only things necessary for a pinball machine are the balls and flippers. Everything else is optional.

If that's all that matters stick to EM games .
I love all the new technology LEDs , lcds , sound systems , internet connectivity ( coming soon ) . I'm greedy I want more not less and a knocker just adds to everything . Good pinball is more than just flippers and balls it is a physical ,Audio Visual experience .

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If that's all that matters stick to EM games .
I love all the new technology LEDs , lcds , sound systems , internet connectivity ( coming soon ) . I'm greedy I want more not less and a knocker just adds to everything . Good pinball is more than just flippers and balls it is a physical ,Audio Visual experience .

Rick & Morty will have plenty of A/V experience. An occasional noise at game over won’t have any bearing on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

9,699 (OBO)
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.