20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 246.
#6701 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

It's such a shame too because I honestly find the content of The EM Dungeon interesting and informative. But the presenter drives me insane. I don't know if he's trying to be a "character" or was trained in an older style, but his. Fo r c i b l y. S l o w. S y l l a b I c. S p e a k i n g. W i t h. A. P e r i o d. A f t e r. E v e r y. W o r d. Not only gives him a monotone, it becomes downright insulting after a while. I almost feel bad criticizing because he genuinely seems like a nice guy... but every now and then you hear him speak normally and it's like *arrrrrgh you're not getting paid by the second and I'm not stupid so why the hell can't you talk normal through your whole segment?! **
I don't mind the content. A transcript would be informative. But yeesh, I can't stand the narration anymore. It makes the segment incredibly painful to listen to especially driving down the road.

Use a podcast app with speed control. I speed up all podcasts to varying degrees, and it saves a ton of listening time. Most of them I do at 1.25x and they still sound normal. The EM Dungeon segment I put at 1.5x and it sounded fine.

In other news, how has nobody reported that Rick said "Lionman!" in the podcast? I'm so psyched for the callouts. I think I'm going to turn the "adult" callout percentage down real low, to up the shock value of Rick berating me. It'll also really stretch how long the game feels "new", as I hear new things every time I play.

#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Use a podcast app with speed control. I speed up all podcasts to varying degrees, and it saves a ton of listening time. Most of them I do at 1.25x and they still sound normal. The EM Dungeon segment I put at 1.5x and it sounded fine.
In other news, how has nobody reported that Rick said "Lionman!" in the podcast? I'm so psyched for the callouts. I think I'm going to turn the "adult" callout percentage down real low, to up the shock value of Rick berating me. It'll also really stretch how long the game feels "new", as I hear new things every time I play.

Yea that was my idea too, set it to around 10% so they are there, but rare. I know they said 'all callouts have 2 versions' but in another interview he said some had 5+ and that basically there's a pool from both pg/r they can pull from.

#6703 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

In other news, how has nobody reported that Rick said "Lionman!" in the podcast?

I mentioned that right after the first ref to the Podcast. I was laughing my ass of at that:

"LIONMAN! ... or, whatever"

#6704 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

I was planning to do the same thing. I was thinking of trying somewhere around 30% to give a good balance of callouts from both the adult and the edited clips. I think if you go too low or too high you risk losing the variety of pulling from both sources.

#6705 4 years ago

Eh, unless there are kids around or people who get offended by the adult call-outs...I say let her buck and bring on the nasty call-outs! Although, it may affect my game play if I’m laughing too much

#6706 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I cant see a company that depends on sales to not have anything to sell.

It means they don’t have to be salesmen, pushing product. They’ll still be collecting payments for 18 months as they build the 750 games.

#6707 4 years ago

How can Selling Out be bad for Spooky?

Have you people ever run a business?

This frees up 100% of their non production staff for future projects and customer service. Sounds like a real nightmare, huh?

#6708 4 years ago

I can enjoy profanity but my favorite thing is the censorship *BLEEP* in place of the actual word. Their use of it in the show is well done and I never seem to get enough of it. Makes me laugh each time and it's often better than cursing. And when you consider the origins of censorship and how creative people adapted and turned it against the machine, it makes it even better.
Pretty *bleeping* funny I think.

#6709 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I enjoy profanity but my favorite thing is the censorship *BLEEP* in place of the actual word. Their use of it in the show is well done and I never seem to get enough of it. Makes me laugh each time and it's often better than cursing. And when you consider the origins of censorship and how creative people adapted and turned it against the machine, it makes it even better.

I agree. I really hope they have the bleeps, at least on the ones that CAN be bleeped. I have no issue hearing or using awful language but I do prefer the show bleeped to uncensored.

#6710 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I agree. I really hope they have the bleeps, at least on the ones that CAN be bleeped.

Gives me an idea for a crazy mode. Bleep mode. Rick starts into one of his tirades (with extra sauce) and every ball hit (target) bleeps over what he's saying. Make the objective simply bleep as much of the tirade as you can in that time. Score tallied by % of tirade bleeped.

#6711 4 years ago

Off that idea, the same sort of idea could be applied with a mode that is him belching.

#6712 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Off that idea, the same sort of idea could be applied with a mode that is him belching.

It can be like the “Doh” frenzy in The Simpson’s Pinball Party.

#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Gives me an idea for a crazy mode. Bleep mode. Rick starts into one of his tirades (with extra sauce) and every ball hit (target) bleeps over what he's saying. Make the objective simply bleep as much of the tirade as you can in that time. Score tallied by % of tirade bleeped.

Sounds like a midnight madness mode!

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

don't worry... they dont
If they did, it would be sold already. Then again, when games in the early 100s have sold for 1k premium over deposit... do you really expect to get anything extra for a spot that is more than 1/2 year out at best?
For anyone shopping, there are distributors with spots still available for no premium.

My guess is once a more comprehensive gameplay video streams and people have a chance to play it, the premium over the deposit will drop by half or at least double. Reception will dictate the trajectory.

#6715 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sounds like a midnight madness mode

It would be incredible to have a midnight madness, 1 am madness, 2 am madness, holy crap your still up at 3 am madness...

#6716 4 years ago

So then the question becomes, does this game have a clock in the code?

#6717 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

It's such a shame too because I honestly find the content of The EM Dungeon interesting and informative. But the presenter drives me insane. I don't know if he's trying to be a "character" or was trained in an older style, but his. Fo r c i b l y. S l o w. S y l l a b I c. S p e a k i n g. W i t h. A. P e r i o d. A f t e r. E v e r y. W o r d. Not only gives him a monotone, it becomes downright insulting after a while. I almost feel bad criticizing because he genuinely seems like a nice guy... but every now and then you hear him speak normally and it's like *arrrrrgh you're not getting paid by the second and I'm not stupid so why the hell can't you talk normal through your whole segment?! **

I don't mind the content. A transcript would be informative. But yeesh, I can't stand the narration anymore. It makes the segment incredibly painful to listen to especially driving down the road.

Thank you, thought I was the only one. My wife thinks his speaking is very fake and can't stand it, so i just fast forward.

#6718 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It would be incredible to have a midnight madness, 1 am madness, 2 am madness, holy crap your still up at 3 am madness...

One should be a Haunted House Party. Things go dark and the drunk chick comes on "Heeeyyy, can I get your number?"

#6719 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Thank you, thought I was the only one. My wife thinks his speaking is very fake and can't stand it, so i just fast forward.

Agree. Very painful to listen to.

#6720 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My guess is once a more comprehensive gameplay video streams and people have a chance to play it, the premium over the deposit will drop by half or at least double. Reception will dictate the trajectory.

Passion project from Scott and Charlie, coupled with rule design by one of the best players in the world Bowen. Scott also taking one of his passionate hobbies (music/sound) and owning this piece of the pin. I own a TNA, and have ~3000 plays on mine. If Scott can make "old school" pinball this fun, I'm truly excited for his take on RAM.

Hmm. I wouldn't bet against this project being phenomenal. Plus listening to the podcasts they have pretty much free reign using the content. Which may have more moments compared to any series I've seen. Coupled with complete custom call outs co-authored with the RAM creators.

So yah - right now you can call all this hype. But I would not bet against what appears to be overwhelming odds for it's success.

#6721 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then when Dave said X-Men is the best Stern I skipped the F out of that segment lol

I did that just for you.

rd

#6722 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I did that just for you.
rd

My wife does not care at all for any of my podcasts but she got a huge kick out of listening to your section. Thought I'd pass that along. Thanks!

#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not sure about Spooky but all my other games, you can set date/time. And any computer can have a clock.

#6724 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No. Just an option to have a bleeped version of the “bad” call outs would be better.

I like the % thing but Id also like a bleep version or option. Like ozzy on the osbournes. It was funnier on tv than on dvd when it was uncensored. I dunno, maybe thats me.

#6725 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Not sure about Spooky but all my other games, you can set date/time. And any computer can have a clock.

It was more around can the time be set - to be interactive for things such as midnight modes, I am aware of how computers work

#6726 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No. Just an option to have a bleeped version of the “bad” call outs would be better.
I like the % thing but Id also like a bleep version or option. Like ozzy on the osbournes. It was funnier on tv than on dvd when it was uncensored. I dunno, maybe thats me.

Same with Southpark.

#6727 4 years ago

Anybody get their Fang Club goodies yet? I understand it will likely be a while but wanted to know if people who joined the club earlier gotten their goodies and what they were.

#6728 4 years ago

From Spooky's website:

Your yearly Fang Club goodies will ship on January 8th! If you do not receive your goodies 2 weeks after the ship date above, please reach out to us using the "Contact Us" tab on the store website.

#6729 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Quoted from epthegeek:

epthegeek: What's the chance of getting a time-of-day based family mode setting, for locations which are open to all ages during daytime, but only to adults in the evening?
Shouldn't be a problem. Bowen actually already has this on the wish list, but it is not implemented yet - mostly because I don't have a production game with the right CPU in it to incorporate and test setting the time & date in the service menu.
tldr; That's the intent, but maybe not right at launch.

#6730 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was planning to do the same thing. I was thinking of trying somewhere around 30% to give a good balance of callouts from both the adult and the edited clips. I think if you go too low or too high you risk losing the variety of pulling from both sources.

I hope there will be an option to completely randomize the callouts from both sources to avoid having to change settings to hear everything. The variety would keep things interesting.

#6731 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anybody get their Fang Club goodies yet? I understand it will likely be a while but wanted to know if people who joined the club earlier gotten their goodies and what they were.

I joined the Fang Club within an hour of it going live and a day (or days?) before RAM was announced. Haven't received anything yet and from what I remember, it isn't shipping until after the first week of January anyway.

#6732 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I hope there will be an option to completely randomize the callouts from both sources to avoid having to change settings to hear everything. The variety would keep things interesting.

They’ve already explained that there’s a percentage slider for Family/Adult. Set it at 50% and you’ll have the mix you want.

#6733 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can enjoy profanity but my favorite thing is the censorship *BLEEP* in place of the actual word. Their use of it in the show is well done and I never seem to get enough of it. Makes me laugh each time and it's often better than cursing. And when you consider the origins of censorship and how creative people adapted and turned it against the machine, it makes it even better.

The version I watch has no bleeps. Just uncensored swearing. I watch it on Amazon Prime in the U.S.

#6734 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

correct and why I always pay them with a check.
As for person asking about add-on list; I dont have it handy but am sure luke or someone from team spooky could post it.

I don't know about Spooky direct but the dists are adding CC fees to the total, so they're not losing money if you pay with plastic instead of paper.

#6735 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

This would give them something to sell for the next 18 months! I cant see a company that depends on sales to not have anything to sell. This would sell like hot cakes uf done proper.

They're going to be shipping $70K worth of R&Ms per week here very shortly. But yes, topper would be great addition to their catalog.

#6736 4 years ago

Spooky can you please stream this game?????

#6737 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They're going to be shipping $70K worth of R&Ms per week here very shortly. But yes, topper would be great addition to their catalog.

They should get trilogybeer to make some pingulps and sell those as well. I bought two (one for each side) for my TNA. Trilogy’s work on pingulps is simply the best.

#6738 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It means they don’t have to be salesmen, pushing product. They’ll still be collecting payments for 18 months as they build the 750 games.

Offering a topper would not be pushing product just like offering a Rick and Morty pin that sold out in <4h. They did not need a single sales guy to do that either. If they make a topper this will sell itself and create more capital for Spooky. I bet its not that easy with the License and would need approval just like everything else. They needed salesmen when they were pushing ACNC where Rick and Morty merch will just sell itself.

#6739 4 years ago

I don't allow liquid near my pins. Or smokers. Or players. Actually I keep them vacuum sealed in a hermetically sealed room. These things aren't cheap. On the rare occasion I dare lessen the value by flipping them I go in dressed like this:
suit (resized).PNGsuit (resized).PNG

You can never be too careful.

#6740 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's not overkill...if you live near a leper colony.

#6741 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It'd be nice to have a midnight madness that actually went off at midnight... WPC clocks never keep proper time.

#6742 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It'd be nice to have a midnight madness that actually went off at midnight... WPC clocks never keep proper time.

don't worry the stern ones cant keep time either... it's 2020 and apparently nobody has heard of a DS1307

#6743 4 years ago

Grabbed this cool hoodie from kohl’s the other day...R&M fans might like it.

5F86C983-F927-4201-8678-16E56A4488EB (resized).jpeg5F86C983-F927-4201-8678-16E56A4488EB (resized).jpeg
#6744 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't allow liquid near my pins. Or smokers. Or players. Actually I keep them vacuum sealed in a hermetically sealed room. These things aren't cheap. On the rare occasion I dare lessen the value by flipping them I go in dressed like this:
[quoted image]

I have my guests urinate outdoors from fear of splash and I send them home if they need to drop a duce.

#6746 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Offering a topper would not be pushing product just like offering a Rick and Morty pin that sold out in <4h. They did not need a single sales guy to do that either. If they make a topper this will sell itself and create more capital for Spooky. I bet its not that easy with the License and would need approval just like everything else. They needed salesmen when they were pushing ACNC where Rick and Morty merch will just sell itself.

Oh sure, if this frees them up for extra money making opportunities, I hope they take advantage of it. I read your post as though you thought they’d go out of business if they just built the R&Ms for 18 months without “selling” more games.

#6747 4 years ago

Awesome!

35A26325-C963-481F-BABF-DE1D2386B8D3 (resized).jpeg35A26325-C963-481F-BABF-DE1D2386B8D3 (resized).jpeg
#6748 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I have always thought that guy is hilarious. His tone fits the EM Dungeon theme imo.

I like the segment. I find it interesting. It also demonstrates a degree of eloquence that I can appreciate, and which is unfortunately lost on too many people these days.

#6749 4 years ago

Some detail on the 'family mode' filtering.

Some of the callouts are just something you wouldn't want to say in front of children; like the masturbation joke Scott's mentioned in some interviews. It's not REALLY cursing, it's just not family friendly really. In those cases, the filter replaces that line with an alternate.

For lines that just have cursing in them, most of the time the 'clean' version is just 'bleeped' like it does on TV.

In a very small number of cases, the cursing is clearly separated from the other words and it just gets removed for the clean one.

And this bit I posted before:

There's a quick toggle on the front page of the service menu (Enter service menu and hold the launch button and it will swap between your current setting and "off")

AND

There's also a time based option you can turn on and then set a START and END time. In between START and END, the swearing is forced to OFF, outside of that, it goes to whatever your current setting is for the filter.

This is the front page of the service mode - shows the Current active setting and details:
timed_off (resized).pngtimed_off (resized).png

This is the time frame editor utility:
updated (resized).pngupdated (resized).png

#6750 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I like the segment. I find it interesting. It also demonstrates a degree of eloquence that I can appreciate, and which is unfortunately lost on most people these days.

I hadn't heard that segment prior, and appreciated it for the same reasons you speak. I also found it a bit irksome for reasons others mentioned.

Above all, it feels unique, personal, and authentic....from an earnest place, so I appreciate his work, and info, for that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

10,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,500.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/135?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.