20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 246.
#6601 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Happy New Year, Scott.[quoted image]

There is something you don't see often... Scott with no hat!

#6602 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I got mine ready to go. It has many functions, I wonder if leveling a pinball machine is one of them?[quoted image]

I see your plumbus is larger than mine.
Not sure if that's good or bad.

Very Small Plumbus (resized).jpgVery Small Plumbus (resized).jpg
#6603 4 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RM is the opposite of STh the same week release makes that even more obvious.
Danesi is hungry and full of energy a star on the rise with fresh and creative design. The STh designer got back from retirement decades after his last pin. There is reason he quit probably he was burnt out/had enough of pinball. Now he returned without any spark and light for new ideas. he barely made it to recycle the AFM design with some shallow theme integration probably the worst theme integration ever seen.
It all does not matter much as Spooky is not competing with Stern but other smaller manufacturers like DR and AP.
Happy new year everyone

I would bet STh is on super beta code and will get better, the layout looks ok. I do go back to my point that STh is not that great a theme, I only saw season 1 so far it was ok (not great). Not sure I'd be jumping up and down for that as a theme. It was ok, I'd just as soon see a Twin Peaks pinball than Stranger Things. But Rick and Morty is so much better because of it's nature and funny episodic skits. I just watched the infinite dimension TV episode and there was a heck of a lot just in there like the Two Brothers movie (might have been 60 seconds of the show but you could do something with that with all the fighting cats and old women and disasters packed into that one short clip). That's got as much content as most of a full episode of Stranger Things.

#6604 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Happy New Year, Scott.[quoted image]

That Picture should be titled : Find the Plumbus.

#6605 4 years ago

STH and R&M are two completely different pins. I’m buying both because both are great in their own ways.

#6606 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

STH and R&M are two completely different pins. I’m buying both because both are great in their own ways.

same here and ones an animated series to boot, different layout, different art and both have different audiences too

#6607 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hoping the stream sucks so I can buy a spot in line for a reasonable premium.

No premium is reasonable on a pre-order spot. That's idiocracy. Wait it out.

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No premium is reasonable on a pre-order spot. That's idiocracy. Wait it out.

Sadly it’s the reality of the situation. If you want a game in 2020, best way is to pay for a spot at this point. People are buying them, hence there is market demand.

The advantage (ignoring loosing a chunk of money) is that you have some control of when you can get a game. With just 10 games a week, with an 18 month build span, this has real value.

As controversial as this is, it’s capitalism at play.

#6609 4 years ago

Spooky Pinball has their latest podcast up, discussing Rick and Morty, I will be listening:

https://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-118/

#6610 4 years ago

Hahaha -

Rick : "LIONMAN!...or something."

#6611 4 years ago

The real capitalism kicks in when folks start eBaying the early NIB’s as they get them. Better to pay $1000-1500 over for a spot or 3k+ over for an available NIB? Or should they wait for the used market years from now?

I’m kinda kicking myself for not getting a standard also. Potentially those that bought both could flip the BS to pay for the standard. There’s no telling what these will go for atm.

#6612 4 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

The real capitalism kicks in when folks start eBaying the early NIB’s as they get them. Better to pay $1000-1500 over for a spot or 3k+ over for an available NIB? Or should they wait for the used market years from now?
I’m kinda kicking myself for not getting a standard also. Potentially those that bought both could flip the BS to pay for the standard. There’s no telling what these will go for atm.

Looks like they are already attracting a premium.

#6613 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Spooky Pinball has their latest podcast up, discussing Rick and Morty, I will be listening:
https://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-118/

We did a pretty funny segment for the Spooky podcast this month - hope you all like it.

Sound effects for the win!

rd

#6614 4 years ago

I'm ready for my game after a couple hours at Dave and Busters. Cant wait!

20200101_160050 (resized).jpg20200101_160050 (resized).jpg
#6615 4 years ago

I have a spot for sale, but I would certainly rather pay for a spot then a NIB or used game at over MSRP. With only 750 made you know the games are gonna get flipped for profit so why not get it new and sooner than others.

#6616 4 years ago

Lot of discussion about selling spots or games. I just wanna play this blood sucker!! Come on Charlie!! Get this game Rollin!!

#6617 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I have a spot for sale, but I would certainly rather pay for a spot then a NIB or used game at over MSRP. With only 750 made you know the games are gonna get flipped for profit so why not get it new and sooner than others.

A 4K markup for a spot?! Seems like you’re just trying to capitalize/speculate and had no intention actually buying a game.

#6618 4 years ago

Christhepintern just sold spot 111 for only 1k more. If a spot that low only garnered 1k more im failing to see how people are going to flip these for huge profits. The less information we know the less people are going to bail which is why we've gotten barely little video footage and code information. Right now every one has rose colored glasses on but reality is once that game starts being flipped people are going to bail. There's also a huge amount of titles coming this year and they are themes everyone wants. When those get announced people will start having buyers remorse.

I had spot 517 but i didn't want to wait that long so i was able to sell my spot and get my money back. These spot numbers are about to start turning into anchors soon and the wait is going to be a lot longer than people are anticipating

#6619 4 years ago

Removed because apparently not the case.

#6620 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Sadly it’s the reality of the situation. If you want a game in 2020, best way is to pay for a spot at this point. People are buying them, hence there is market demand.
The advantage (ignoring loosing a chunk of money) is that you have some control of when you can get a game. With just 10 games a week, with an 18 month build span, this has real value.
As controversial as this is, it’s capitalism at play.

I'm just trying to spare you a big hit. Not sure how long you've beem collecting, but lots of us have seen this play out many times before. Initial hype leading to irrational behavior. Tons of these will trade hands, likely hundreds, before the last NIB buyer even gets theirs. It will be faster and cheaper to simply buy one second hand at this point. And once the hype wears off in a few weeks, or a few months, this will just be another pin.

#6621 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

These spot numbers are about to start turning into anchors soon and the wait is going to be a lot longer than people are anticipating

You sure know a lot about... not sure exactly?

#6622 4 years ago

He's not wrong. It happens over and over on these slow to in hands games. So much turnover from the front of the line before everyone even has their games. Usually cheaper than what you paid.

#6623 4 years ago

once the hype wears off in a few weeks, or a few months, this will just be another pin.

Rick & Morty will never be just another pin IMHO

#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

no incentive to trade spots since they go to the back of the line

The only thing that changes in a spot sale/trade is the name on the build number.

#6625 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

The only thing that changes in a spot sale/trade is the name on the build number.

We might need clarification. Earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure Spooky said that trades go to the back of the line. That is a big incentive not to trade or spot sell, but maybe I misunderstood.

#6626 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We might need clarification. Earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure Spooky said that trades go to the back of the line. That is a big incentive not to trade or spot sell.

We do not need clarification, that was never said. A couple users keep mistakenly repeating it every now and again but it is not how this works.

#6627 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We do not need clarification, that was never said

Well now I will have to go dig it out because I'm pretty sure it was said shortly after spots were going up.

#6628 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We might need clarification. Earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure Spooky said that trades go to the back of the line. That is a big incentive not to trade or spot sell.

FFS this is not happening. It was never confirmed by Spooky.

#6629 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well now I will have to go dig it out because I'm pretty sure it was said shortly after spots were going up.

Someone said it should happen but Spooky hasn’t said anything.

#6630 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yelobird suggested it. Spooky never said it.

#6631 4 years ago

Okay got it. I knew 'something' had been said. Not a big deal to me, I was just trying to keep people from paying crazy prices only to get screwed more.

#6632 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Someone said it should happen but Spooky hasn’t said anything.

And likely never will. What incentive does Spooky have in doing this? Being able to flip spots for profit is one of the reasons it sold out so quickly. Kaneda getting one speaks volumes since he only goes in on titles he can flip. Nothing wrong with that and it's just how things are in this hobby.

#6633 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm ready for my game after a couple hours at Dave and Busters. Cant wait![quoted image]

Win those playing Roy?

#6634 4 years ago

I think we are about to get a really cool fun game. Don’t know about anyone else but I am not going to be watching to maybe streams aside from whatever they do in Benton because i want the suprises.

#6635 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

listening now. Justin Roiland is a huge pinball fan. He hinted at there being a black knight theme music mode "You have the power"

#6636 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Okay got it. I knew 'something' had been said. Not a big deal to me, I was just trying to keep people from paying crazy prices only to get screwed more.

I'd rather people not buy these with the sole intention to flip but in reality know one is getting screwed here. It's an expensive toy, not an epi-pen or life saving medication.

#6637 4 years ago

I like that people are simultaneously mad people are flipping for a profit while also saying this game wont flip for a profit.

yes, a game that's limited 750, designed and published by the best in the game, and based on this generations Simpsons, is definitely just another pin with no future resale value. ok.

#6638 4 years ago

Does anyone know when there will be an actual gameplay video or stream of the game?

#6639 4 years ago

I'm just trying to spare you a big hit. Not sure how long you've beem collecting, but lots of us have seen this play out many times before. Initial hype leading to irrational behavior. Tons of these will trade hands, likely hundreds, before the last NIB buyer even gets theirs. It will be faster and cheaper to simply buy one second hand at this point. And once the hype wears off in a few weeks, or a few months, this will just be another pin.

Can’t agree more. People forget that rob zombies spots were getting successfully scalped for a premium at one point.

If you want to flip these for a profit, do it now. There’s gonna be a glut once they start showing up in game rooms in 6 months.

I know you guys think “this time is different,” since RAM have such wide appeal and the RAM army will go insane with Fomo lust if they ever find out there’s a ram pinball machine.

But if this thread is any proof, there’s tons of RAM crap out there for fanatics to buy that aren’t $7,000 and as big as a Yugo. I’d guess most of those people will be happier with a $30 polumbus.

#6640 4 years ago
Polumbus (resized).jpgPolumbus (resized).jpg
#6641 4 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

[quoted image]

I see what you did there and I respect it.

#6642 4 years ago

Final payment mailed.

Things are getting closer.

A3B2F1F4-C7B9-4254-8A10-EFC4D89C5C04 (resized).jpegA3B2F1F4-C7B9-4254-8A10-EFC4D89C5C04 (resized).jpeg
#6643 4 years ago

spooky is busy building pins. they are not price police or piss detectives.

#6644 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

spooky is busy building pins. they are not price police or piss detectives.

I would have expected someone from your neighborhood to express that in Orange County Choppers Memeform.

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final payment mailed.
Things are getting closer.[quoted image]

Wow really? What # are ya??

#6646 4 years ago

Some of the seps in here really get the cackles going!

Oblivious! ha ha

#6647 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Christhepintern just sold spot 111 for only 1k more. If a spot that low only garnered 1k more im failing to see how people are going to flip these for huge profits. The less information we know the less people are going to bail which is why we've gotten barely little video footage and code information. Right now every one has rose colored glasses on but reality is once that game starts being flipped people are going to bail. There's also a huge amount of titles coming this year and they are themes everyone wants. When those get announced people will start having buyers remorse.
I had spot 517 but i didn't want to wait that long so i was able to sell my spot and get my money back. These spot numbers are about to start turning into anchors soon and the wait is going to be a lot longer than people are anticipating

That takes 1 more possible flip out of the equation, supply and demand. Now there's less supply.

#6648 4 years ago

I was an owner of TNA, I no longer have it but I bought #318 New in Box. and when asked recently by a friend if I would buy another NIB, and I answered "Sure Scott Danesi game 2 depending on theme, or maybe something interesting from Deep Root, as I'm more a lover of original titles than Licensed themes", but I do Have a Dream themes and the one that was at the top of my list was Rick and Morty so much so when I built a VPin I decided to theme it as such. My wife wood burned on the artwork, I know virtual is looked down on around here, but it was virtual that brought me back into real pinball. Oh and yes of course I'm in on one of these My Dream designer, and my Dream theme. this is a bucket list pin, that will never leave my collection, now I'm pissed I let my TNA go.

IMG_2217 (resized).jpgIMG_2217 (resized).jpg
#6649 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Final payment mailed

<checks phone>

It’s 2020! You still use checks? And mail?

New Zealand banks don’t even make checks anymore ... nobody uses them.

rd

#6650 4 years ago

Hey Hilton can you post the add on option list w/ pricing for R&M? I presume you got that info, I’d like to know how much I’m gonna need to set aside for the full package. Since this will probably be my only NIB ever I figure it’s worth going all out on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
9,999 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/133?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.