20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 246.
#6451 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

reminder that trades go to the back of the line

I was joking, but let me delete that post. #482 is going to be a Christmas gift 2020.

#6452 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One reason why I wanted this Spooky game besides the dream design team, is due to fact Spooky isn’t making 4 games a year but rather four games every 6 years makes them more focused on this pin, not saying ACNC and the past titles aren’t also being coded but we know that R&M is going to be getting a lot of TLC.
While the slower build pace is not great if you’re stuck near the end it’s great as a whole process to get the most out of this one pin at a time.
I love Stern (insert the “I can’t quit you”. meme) but let’s be honest they can release games every 60-90 days they’re already teasing Led Zeppelin, I can hardly remember what came before Stranger Things (I know Elvira) but the endless parade of pins while great could also lead to a pin getting less love lesser code team or less time to code if the games doesn’t sell that well.

The old saying “ quality over quantity “ truly fits modern pinballl. I want the best quality pin. Not the one made the fastest. To be fair I am an avid fisherman and have great patience. FOMO is an empty shell. Ending up with a great playing quality pin is what will last. Hang in there people.

#6453 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

more like luckiest network connection. Their servers got reamed.

meh, it was laggy. I got the machine in the cart by 10:01 and didn't complete until 10:06. I think the real key was to let the server work through its queue before touching anything; no back button, no double clicks, etc.

#6454 4 years ago

Kingpin #590 standard, first NIB

#6455 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I got the machine in the cart by 10:01 and didn't complete until 10:06. I think the real key was to let the server work through its queue before touching anything; no back button, no double clicks, etc.

How is that humanly possible to do for 5 full minutes? I would have been clicking all over the screen and repeatedly yelling, Control - Alt - Delete.

What self control app did you use?

#6456 4 years ago

I knew not to back up or double click, but the damn thing kept telling me I had an invalid shipping option!

#6457 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How is that humanly possible to do for 5 full minutes? I would have been clicking all over the screen and repeatedly yelling, Control - Alt - Delete!

There was no indication it was working for you, either. If they gave me a bar or something I could have maybe lasted 2 minutes!

#6458 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie are any actions being taken against people scalping their spots? I don't have any skin in the game, but it just seems unfair to anyone that wants in at this point.

#6459 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191230-181441_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-181441_Chrome (resized).jpg
#6460 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I knew not to back up or double click, but the damn thing kept telling me I had an invalid shipping option!

Ditto. Had to calculate shipping even though it wasn't going to apply anything.

#6461 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How is that humanly possible to do for 5 full minutes? I would have been clicking all over the screen and repeatedly yelling, Control - Alt - Delete!

external-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpgexternal-content.duckduckgo.com (resized).jpg
#6462 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I work with web services For a living and clicking that refresh button just starts everything over putting you behind the other request.

First in first out.

This many people hitting the spooky website probably won’t happen again until the next release but scaling up behind a load balancer would be wise for launch day .

#6463 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How would the game know you’re bricking shots? The only way a game knows how to respond to anything is by switch hits.

Immediate precursor to the ball search of shame! ... Easy!

#6465 4 years ago

*standard apology for if this has already been typed or spoken in an interview*

Charlie or Scott- any known festival convention travel plans at this point? TPF?

This thing is proving to be so exciting that you might have folks camping in tents the night before to line up to play.

#6466 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

*standard apology for if this has already been typed or spoken in an interview*
Charlie or Scott- any known festival convention travel plans at this point? TPF?
This thing is proving to be so exciting that you might have folks camping in tents the night before to line up to play.

I will be bringing mine to TPF if they need one there. Very early reservation so it should be done in time.

#6467 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I work with web services For a living and clicking that refresh button just starts everything over putting you behind the other request.
First in first out.
This many people hitting the spooky website probably won’t happen again until the next release but scaling up behind a load balancer would be wise for launch day .

Don’t even need a load balancer for this little traffic. Problem really is out of spookys control I believe, as they use a 3rd party for their web shop.

#6468 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Don’t even need a load balancer for this little traffic. Problem really is out of spookys control I believe, as they use a 3rd party for their web shop.

All major web hosting services offer ways to bump up capacity on demand. Spooky will hopefully do it next time. Worth the extra few bucks for a better customer experience.

#6469 4 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

I will be bringing mine to TPF if they need one there. Very early reservation so it should be done in time.

How do you find out your reservation number? I have no idea where I’m at.

#6470 4 years ago

Has there been any official word when we will get to see some gameplay?

#6471 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All major web hosting services offer ways to bump up capacity on demand. Spooky will hopefully do it next time. Worth the extra few bucks for a better customer experience.

Very true

#6472 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

How do you find out your reservation number? I have no idea where I’m at.

Ask whenever you purchased from.

#6473 4 years ago

Any chance of getting cliffy protectors installed during production?

#6474 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When did he become a distributor?
Saw that GAP is claiming to be one now also?

Pretty sure a lot of hand holding and “good old boys” clubs resulted in kind of everyone on the inside being a distributor.

I respect that Spooky and the distributors around this title kept their original backers close, I just wish I would have been in the loop .

Frankly, I am kind of wondering What would have happened if Spooky had said the 750 highest bids get a machine. I wouldn’t be surprised if some would have sold for over 10k.

Hell, I would drop at least another grand to cut the line right now. I would be even cooler if SpookyCharlie said “fly out here and help manufacture 5 games and your game will jump 20 in line.” (Or whatever math works out) I can build a few of these bastards on my own dime just to speed this along for everyone.

#6475 4 years ago

Has anyone gotten a pin autographed before? I'm planning to get mine signed by Justin but was wondering what the best thing to get signed is..? The translite? The free play card? Playfield plastics? What else? I'm just curious as to what people have found most effective in terms of getting their pins signed.

#6476 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hell, I would drop at least another grand to cut the line right now

What number are you.

#6477 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Has anyone gotten a pin autographed before? I'm planning to get mine signed by Justin but was wondering what the best thing to get signed is..? The translite? The free play card? Playfield plastics? What else? I'm just curious as to what people have found most effective in terms of getting their pins signed.

Both? Everything? All of it?

#6478 4 years ago

People seem to not like it on translites. Many people get it on the instruction cards. I prefer the bottom of the cab

#6479 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I would get your picture taken with him, have him sign it, then turn it into a custom translite.

#6480 4 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Won’t need them, Spooky does their own “Mantis style” protectors in the scoop which keeps scoops from wearing/chipping.

#6481 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One reason why I wanted this Spooky game besides the dream design team, is due to fact Spooky isn’t making 4 games a year but rather four games every 6 years makes them more focused on this pin, not saying ACNC and the past titles aren’t also being coded but we know that R&M is going to be getting a lot of TLC.
While the slower build pace is not great if you’re stuck near the end it’s great as a whole process to get the most out of this one pin at a time.
I love Stern (insert the “I can’t quit you”. meme) but let’s be honest they can release games every 60-90 days they’re already teasing Led Zeppelin, I can hardly remember what came before Stranger Things (I know Elvira) but the endless parade of pins while great could also lead to a pin getting less love lesser code team or less time to code if the games doesn’t sell that well.

I get your perspective as a collector, but as an operator this would absolutely kill locations... games make a lot of money when they are new and then taper off... if I could only rotate a maximum of 4 games every 6 years I would be out of business pretty quickly... not only that but stern making so many games means I can pick and choose the games I know will do well at my location

#6482 4 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I’ve had a few translites/back glasses signed. Steve Ritchie signed my AC/DC bell, but it’s kinda hard to see. I have a bunch of friends who work/have worked on Rick & Morty - I’ll prob ask them all to sign it...although this is gonna be a real backglass, not a translite, right? Might be a bit trickier...we’ll see!

8D7D48A3-AE6A-4983-B44D-301CAB3B3538.jpeg8D7D48A3-AE6A-4983-B44D-301CAB3B3538.jpeg0820B085-BEE8-4AE6-8E7F-31D6CE555F31.jpeg0820B085-BEE8-4AE6-8E7F-31D6CE555F31.jpegA03F2EE4-D5E7-4424-B904-0348CAEBCACF.jpegA03F2EE4-D5E7-4424-B904-0348CAEBCACF.jpegBEEF3018-F9B0-4713-B50E-4E25EE6BEF32.jpegBEEF3018-F9B0-4713-B50E-4E25EE6BEF32.jpegEAA714F0-EDAE-4FEE-B41B-11D5CBFB2E4B.jpegEAA714F0-EDAE-4FEE-B41B-11D5CBFB2E4B.jpegE7492CE8-E35B-43F5-BED8-30E8EF870A8E.jpegE7492CE8-E35B-43F5-BED8-30E8EF870A8E.jpeg
#6483 4 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Don’t need them

#6484 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People seem to not like it on translites. Many people get it on the instruction cards. I prefer the bottom of the cab

I think the bottom area looks the best. Plus if you plan it ahead of time you can make a card that blends in with the surrounding art better. That's what I did with for Billy Mumy on my Lost in Space retheme and Bruce Campbell on my Ash vs Evil Dead retheme. I think they turned out nice.

I already have a Justin Roiland sketch and autograph I might trim it to fit somewhere on the apron.

rps20171010_223904 (resized).jpgrps20171010_223904 (resized).jpgrps20181015_203456 (resized).jpgrps20181015_203456 (resized).jpgrps20191230_235539 (resized).jpgrps20191230_235539 (resized).jpg
#6485 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

[quoted image]
For those of you that might be interested, I just posted an interview with Scott Danesi where he discusses some of the thinking involved with Rick and Morty and more. Find it in most any podcatcher or here:
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/slap-save-interview-show-featuring-scott-danesi/

I never listen to podcasts, but had to check this out, thoroughly enjoyed it.

#6486 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Won’t need them, Spooky does their own “Mantis style” protectors in the scoop which keeps scoops from wearing/chipping.

The *protector* is actually built into the scoop assembly; another Danesi design.

#6487 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What number are you.

#6488 4 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I both get this, and don't think it is likely to happen (but I'd pay for it if they offered it). It seems weird to me to add third party machine protectors as a manufacturer. If the manufacturer is expecting a part of the machine to break, better to just buff it up properly themselves right? Adding Cliffy's would admit they think a part of the machine wasn't designed to last.

#6489 4 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

I both get this, and don't think it is likely to happen (but I'd pay for it if they offered it). It seems weird to me to add third party machine protectors as a manufacturer. If the manufacturer is expecting a part of the machine to break, better to just buff it up properly themselves right? Adding Cliffy's would admit they think a part of the machine wasn't designed to last.

Most games, modern and otherwise, can benefit from Cliffy's.

For this maybe just one slot protector under the right ramp drop is necessary.

#6490 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

[quoted image]
For those of you that might be interested, I just posted an interview with Scott Danesi where he discusses some of the thinking involved with Rick and Morty and more. Find it in most any podcatcher or here:
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/slap-save-interview-show-featuring-scott-danesi/

Excellent podcast.
I wound up listening to it twice today while I was at work.
Really good content with a lot of meat on the bone.

#6491 4 years ago

10:05.45 central and 508

#6493 4 years ago

I received the 4 cases of funko series one figures yesterday, but I wasn't nearly as lucky as I was with the series 2 figures. I'm offering up the following for $6.75 ea (what I paid for them) plus shipping. I can easily fit 8-10 of them into a medium flat rate box

funko mystery minis - rick and morty series onefunko mystery minis - rick and morty series one

this is what I have available:
mr. poopy butthole (x5)(x3)
jerry (x3)(x1)
beth (x3)(x1)
summer (x3)(x1)
bird person (x3)(x1)
arthricia (x3)(x1)

sold out
rick [holding a portal gun] (x2)
morty [holding a pair of mega seeds] (x2)
morty jr. (x1)
unity (x1)

#6494 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

We are in the midst of a first world frickin baby like pout fest here. After the first 5 hours of this whole awesome “going on sale and sold out” situation. Are any of you really surprised if you got a low or high number??
I’m here to read up on what’s going on with this sweet pin.
Quite your fuckin’ belly aching and pouting about it. Fuck sakes.

Hilarious but the fact remains that a company promised if you purchased one of their games you would be able to purchase future games before new customers....this didnt happen. I relied on this company to live up to their promise to perform as I pay for my games in full and hold up my end of the deal. Call it what you want its your opinion but I hope you dont find yourself in this situation one day.

If you dont want to read my comments simply skip over them.

#6495 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Hilarious but the fact remains that a company promised if you purchased one of their games you would be able to purchase future games before new customers....this didnt happen. I relied on this company to live up to their promise to perform as I pay for my games in full and hold up my end of the deal. Call it what you want its your opinion but I hope you dont find yourself in this situation one day.

The game sold out in 4 hours. I honestly don't know how Spooky could have managed living up to this policy that worked for them until now. Even with TNA, I was able to play the game months after its release and finally decide to buy one without worrying about the game selling out.

I'm a prior Spooky customer. I got #749. Oh well. I don't consider that a "situation." I'm glad I got one. My daughter is a junior in high school. She'll be off to college by the time I get mine!

Let's be happy for Spooky for their success with this title.

#6496 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I used to be in the ecommerce space and it's not necessarily as easy as adding more capacity. Taking down the database server to add more resources, spinning it back up and then validating the site may be beyond their knowledge. Load testing a site like that can also be tough to do without expertise and can cost quite a bit if you outsource it.

#6497 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I usually don’t like to call people out, but this kinda irks me. Your complaint was covered under the announcement of the Fang Club back in October. It was clearly stated by Spooky that they were implementing the Fang Club as they had grown too large to simply offer games only to previous customers. From Spookys announcement:

“Then 2 things happened... namely Total Nuclear Annihilation, and Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle! These games sold more than all our other games combined (not bad huh?!). So if you (and I mean we) can only make 500 games a year, and we now have well over 1,000 customers.... WHAT DO WE DO???
This is what we do... we announce the SPOOKY PINBALL FANG CLUB! Yes, it's another one of those blood sucking attempts to cash in.“

You had ample notice of the change in policy. We all did. I’m just happy to have a had a chance at the game. Under the old model, no one outside of the previous policy would have had a chance.

#6498 4 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I used to be in the ecommerce space and it's not necessarily as easy as adding more capacity. Taking down the database server to add more resources, spinning it back up and then validating the site may be beyond their knowledge. Load testing a site like that can also be tough to do without expertise and can cost quite a bit if you outsource it.

With cloud systems it actually is that easy . You don’t even have to manage servers anymore if you don’t want to.

#6499 4 years ago

When people complain in this thread

source.gifsource.gif
#6500 4 years ago

peace among worlds?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/130?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.