20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 246.
#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Whatever happens, we have to make sure the Stranger Things thread doesn't catch up to this one.

Don’t worry. From what I’ve learned as a noob on pinside is that these grumpy old men will find anything to bitch at.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am reading through this and wondering how (if) I should even react to you statements. Are you implying that I did something wrong by allowing the customer that have helped grow my business have first access to the new game? Are you aware that this has been Spooky's model for every game after amh up until now? The only reason it was changed here was because they (spooky) had more previous customers than buildable games. For them, this was the only fair way. I suspect this is also why pinball star did it the way they did. Will I someday have to turn to the same sale style? Hopefully, but in the mean time i am still small enough to not have the volume of customers that the others do.
As for luke "even talked about it," so what? My customers EARNED the privilege of having first pick at the new game. If luck or Charlie or anyone at spooky has an issue with the way I run my business they will let me know. Fyi, I am also one of spooky's tech support people that answers emails on Christmas eve, after 10pm and even offers facetime to help walk through problems. If I was doing ANYTHING wrong would they let me help them?
Not that I need to explain this, but even after ALL of my previous customers confirmed they wanted a game, new customers started getting games in the mid 200's.
I'm sorry that you are frustrated by the lack of communication from your distributor, but that doesnt mean you should come here and try to attack spooky or myself for doing business they way we feel appropriate for our customers. On the next game you want, find a distributor that will work the way you want things done. That's the nice thing about pinball. The products are all the same no matter who you get them from, so it comes down to who you makes you feel like a priority and not a paycheck.
I believe you even reached out to me about getting a game. Had you stuck with that you would have a number (and even possibly earlier that what you will end up with). I truly do feel bad for you guys that are waiting, but I have done nothing wrong.

R&M will be my 3rd Spooky and my 4th total game (Hobbit) I've bought through Chris. He's seriously the shit. I've have the opportunity to buy each game direct, but chose to buy from him since he's been great in every aspect of the pre and post sale. I've had a few minor issues with my games YEARS later and he's still super responsive. I would unequivocally recommend Chris / King Pin for any future game purchase!

#6303 4 years ago

Thank goodness Chris @ Pinball Star is late getting his order # assignments out or there would be nothing to talk about in this thread, apparently...

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Thank goodness Chris @ Pinball Star is late getting his order # assignments out or there would be nothing to talk about in this thread, apparently...

LOL - Chris is with Kingpin - it's PinballSTAR who is getting out game numbers out tonight... Let's not beat up on Chris... I'm sure he's on someone's shit list for something but not this... lol

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

LOL - Chris is with Kingpin - it's PinballSTAR who is getting out game numbers out tonight... Let's not beat up on Chris... I'm sure he's on someone's shit list for something but not this... lol

Ah shit. Well then I'm TOTALLY confused. Going back to watching The Witcher to get my head on straight.

#6306 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Spooky needs to start dropping some more tidbits, otherwise there IS nothing else to talk about.

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Chris is on my shit list for not inviting me to go with him to deliver games to Mike McCarthy.

#6308 4 years ago

Okay - But I do know this --- IF YOU PIST OFF JOE -- THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU

and look....he is smiling and .....

I had a pipe wrench and I did not stand a chance.
20190407_222005 (resized).jpg20190407_222005 (resized).jpg

#6309 4 years ago

From the podcast it sounds like the callouts and ability to adjust randomness of vulgarity is going to be great.

#6310 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay - But I do know this --- IF YOU PIST OFF JOE -- THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU
and look....
I had a pipe wrench and I did not stand a chance.[quoted image]

All I was trying to do was get some insight on a pinball game -- AND HE SNAPPED!!!!!!

and he did it while laughing at me......and was having fun doing it as well.

I still wake up late at night in a cold sweat.
IMG_72341(1) (resized).jpgIMG_72341(1) (resized).jpg

#6311 4 years ago

Jesus Christ, I thought Richie Wrench spam insanity was limited to JJP game threads.

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus Christ, I thought Richie Wrench spam insanity was limited to JJP game threads.

Expanding -

#6313 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

From the podcast it sounds like the callouts and ability to adjust randomness of vulgarity is going to be great.

Which podcast was this above info in.

#6314 4 years ago

Here's an interesting piece of info from the Slap Save pinball podcast: You will be playing as Morty, there will actually be different versions of Morty that will be randomly assigned (Lizard Morty, Dancer Morty, etc). These won't impact scoring and are mainly for cosmetic purposes.

https://slapsave.podbean.com/

#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ah shit. Well then I'm TOTALLY confused. Going back to watching The Witcher to get my head on straight.

Pretty sure the timeline issues in that show, will only make your head spin off entirely!

#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Pretty sure the timeline issues in that show, will only make your head spin off entirely!

I actually googled that, because I thought I was nuts. The way they did it with no actual dates shown, and characters that don't age...it's kind of annoying, but the show is good.

#6317 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

for the right amount of money i could be Chris from PinabllSTAR Midwest division....

something for joe to think about in the new year.

#6318 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR order numbers will be out this evening.

Dis threads bout to blow up 2nite

#6319 4 years ago

I predict 50 really excited happy people, 50 happy people and 100 not so happy people

#6320 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I predict 50 really excited happy people, 50 happy people and 100 not so happy people

I thought he had 100 total?

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I thought he had 100 total?

Might be...then halve the numbers

#6322 4 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

If people want more to talk about-Definately listen to the podcast. Lots of good info. Also some neat jokes and things about Scott and Charlie having shenanigans. Game sounds like its going to be legit. Fun people, good build.

#6323 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To be fair, Pinside doesn't have a separate section for Furrys.

#6324 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

To be fair, Pinside doesn't have a separate section for Furrys.

Thank god.

#6325 4 years ago

So listening to the interview it is now clear that the portal trough has the ability to (mechanically, switches) lock balls. Unclear how many, but safe to say at least 1.

#6326 4 years ago

for the right amount of money i could be Chris from PinabllSTAR Midwest division....

For the right amount of money you can be Chris of PinballSTAR a division of Kingpin... lmao - buy me, no you buy me...

#6327 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So listening to the interview it is now clear that the portal trough has the ability to lock balls (unclear how many, but safe to say at least 1).

I thought he said it didn't, but might in the future? Just the one ball needed to "teleport"

#6328 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're about right on the money... The sucky thing is the not so happy people probably ordered in the first 10 minutes but so many orders came in so quickly someone who ordered at 10:03 is like 20 down the list or more... crazy ! Good news is PinballSTAR has no 600's or 700's in our group.. so even the last person is in 500's, if that helps... Probably won't Spooky already warned me most people won't be happy...

#6329 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can someone please get harryhoudini on this?

Sorry, haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Can someone point me to an image where you're seeing this? I'm not following where people are talking about.

#6330 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I thought he said it didn't, but might in the future?

Can't change mechanics once the game is produced. ...

Just saying, Scott stated in the interview that the trough CAN (potentially) lock balls. In a mechanical sense, meaning there is more than one switch in there. I don't think it sounded like he meant it was already coded in... just that it is a posibility.

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

You're about right on the money... The sucky thing is the not so happy people probably ordered in the first 10 minutes but so many orders came in so quickly someone who ordered at 10:03 is like 20 down the list or more... crazy ! Good news is PinballSTAR has no 600's or 700's in our group.. so even the last person is in 500's, if that helps... Probably won't Spooky already warned me most people won't be happy...

Ugh... and here I was wanting a 700+ BSE (not kidding either). My problem of no room for this pinball machine will rear its ugly head sooner than I had hoped.

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Sorry, haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Can someone point me to an image where you're seeing this? I'm not following where people are talking about.

In the Key posts, some of the first images released give a reasonable view...

219ea97e423e3d202df9a78b5d06093e479283c1 (resized).jpg219ea97e423e3d202df9a78b5d06093e479283c1 (resized).jpg

6daeac23025d75d3f02cb3fe85800b61dfaff74b (resized).jpg6daeac23025d75d3f02cb3fe85800b61dfaff74b (resized).jpg

#6333 4 years ago

I'm seriously happy to have an R&M coming at all. Knowing the number will just help plan for its approximate arrival time. Always other pins to keep busy with until then.

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ugh... and here I was wanting a 700+ BSE (not kidding either). My problem of no room for this pinball machine will rear its ugly head sooner than I had hoped.

I’m sure someone here will happily trade spots with you.

#6335 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I'm seriously happy to have an R&M coming at all. Knowing the number will just help plan for its approximate arrival time. Always other pins to keep busy with until then.

This is the right outlook with Spooky. It will come...the quality and gameplay will be second to none. Enjoy each day, and have fun with what you have. The future is brighter knowing a Spooky is coming. Glad you have a spot!

#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

In the Key posts, some of the first images released give a reasonable view...

Thanks, saw the posts in our development thread so I follow the idea now. I updated there with my thoughts.

#6337 4 years ago

LOL. Best post of the day

#6338 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m sure someone here will happily trade spots with you.

Not exactly sure how that would work... Wouldn't I have to trade spots within my distributor and if his highest numbers are 500, then not much room to trade back. I guess what I am asking is how would I trade my PinballSTAR spot with someone who bought from Spooky when my money and purchase deal is with Joe?

And just something I was wondering, but if someone ordered a Standard from Joe, then it would be in the 700s even though his highest numbered spots are 500, right? I originally was a Standard because I wanted to be near the back of the line. But I upgraded to BSE because I liked the looks of it, thinking I could still stay to the back because so many people ordered it. lol.. My issues are the opposite of most of the people who are complaining in this thread

#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I am excited to find out my number, but sad I didn’t get an email to order until 10:03. I wasn’t on the “cool” list.

#6340 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I actually googled that, because I thought I was nuts. The way they did it with no actual dates shown, and characters that don't age...it's kind of annoying, but the show is good.

52emycael6641 (resized).jpg52emycael6641 (resized).jpg
#6341 4 years ago

I ordered at 7:03 and got 246.

#6342 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not exactly sure how that would work... Wouldn't I have to trade spots within my distributor and if his highest numbers are 500, then not much room to trade back. I guess what I am asking is how would I trade my PinballSTAR spot with someone who bought from Spooky when my money and purchase deal is with Joe?
And just something I was wondering, but if someone ordered a Standard from Joe, then it would be in the 700s even though his highest numbered spots are 500, right? I originally was a Standard because I wanted to be near the back of the line. But I upgraded to BSE because I liked the looks of it, thinking I could still stay to the back because so many people ordered it. lol.. My issues are the opposite of most of the people who are complaining in this thread

Rich if you want to be even higher than my last number of 544 which I gave you email me and we'll work something out with spooky... don't go trading spots you can't do that especially between other distributors / spooky - they can't be messing things up - all of this is hard enough.. but we will work to accommodate what you need for sure... just email me a note and we'll work on it tomorrow for you... you want to go in the right direction at least ! lol

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am also a new customer with Chris on this game and he has been really fast and got back to me on any questions that I have had on this game. I have followed Chris before in the the past and I like how he does business and he is upfront and honest. I know I do all my business with Joe, But I really like how Chris comes across and he tells it like it is like Joe does.
Oh - By the way those emails to Chris where not @ 3:00 AM -- but it was late and he did get back to me within an hour or so - So that was cool.

I paid Chris $ 10,000 to take you on... he likes cash and I like sleep...

#6344 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Rich if you want to be even higher than my last number of 544 which I gave you email me and we'll work something out with spooky... don't go trading spots you can't do that especially between other distributors / spooky - they can't be messing things up - all of this is hard enough.. but we will work to accommodate what you need for sure... just email me a note and we'll work on it tomorrow for you... you want to go in the right direction at least ! lol

Awesome, thanks Joe!! I will talk to you about it later. I appreciate it!

#6345 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes, and the hologram on Stern ghostbusters.. One of the first to use this technique was the haunted mansion ride at disney
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper%27s_ghost

It was already an old stage trick when it was used by Disney. Haunted mansion is just one of the most popular and well known installations. Your own wiki cite heights the effect was a 100yrs old when Disney used it

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I ordered at 7:03 and got 246.

7:04 and #248.

#6347 4 years ago

241 10:03 my time

#6348 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Contact Spooky direct. Between PinballStar and Spooky, I’m sure they can work it out.

#6349 4 years ago

10:03:30 EST 234

#6350 4 years ago

Dang, no email from Joe yet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.