20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 246.
#501 4 years ago

As a owner of both TNA and ACNC, along with being a huge Rick and Morty fan, this is a dream come true. Spooky games may not be for everyone, but I can’t wait to see what they do with this.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

So there's no confusion for folks, you can get one of the first games through your distributor, but you will need to be a Fang Club Member whether you buy from Spooky or your distributor.

this statement seems to contradict itself

do you actually mean that in order to purchase one direct from spooky that you need to be a fang club member? and if you want to purchase one from a distributor, you don't

inquiring minds want to know

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I would’ve never thought in 1 million years that Scott Danesi and Brian Eddy would be going head to head for pinball dollars.
Another killer year for pinball in 2020.
JPoP’s Retro Atomic Zombie game did not wow me. It’s going to be some fierce competition in the next year.
Spooky has got a hot title here, only other Cartoon Network/Adult Swim I would go after would be Metalocalypse.
Nice to see a refreshing cartoon title, much needed. Nice subtle slam on Stern in the YouTube vid about not another rock n roll or superhero pin

I wouldn't have minded a ATHF pin at some point, but yea Metalocalypse would be cool too.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Appears Spooky finally got revenge for TWD. I know that one stung a bit. Not sure if y’all remember that.

They got TWD pulled from under them? Didn't know that.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

do you actually mean that in order to purchase one direct from spooky that you need to be a fang club member? and if you want to purchase one from a distributor, you don't

I think he means if you want to get one of the first games, you need to be a member, as they get first crack at ordering. Time will tell to see if there will be enough games to go around after members get dibs.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Metalocalypse would be cool too.

I've been asking for that one for years.

Sign me up for a William Murderface LE.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

It means that Fang club members have a 2 week head start on getting on the list. After the 2 weeks, sales will open up to the general public. Will be the same whether you go through Spooky or from a Distro.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern really should have picked up the Rick & Morty license for the Iron Maiden PF.
Appears Spooky finally got revenge for TWD. I know that one stung a bit. Not sure if y’all remember that.

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.

Spooky is definitely the ones to show they are willing to do a title justice when it comes to that.

So spooky was perfect for R+M.

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

You need to a be fang club member to get an early game, period. Then decide whether you want to buy it direct from Spooky or a distributor.

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.

Have they even used a swear word since Met? lol

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

You need to be a Fang Club member to purchase a Blood Sucker Edition.

You can buy either a standard, or Blood Sucker Edition from any Spooky distributor or directly from Spooky.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remember when AC/DC first came out and there was a segment of pinside that thought that they had too much devil references in it?

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Remember when AC/DC first came out and there was a segment of pinside that thought that they had too much devil references in it?

Yep.

Thankfully, when in need, my T-2 will still tell me "F#@k You A$$hole"

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wanna say GOTG has one hidden somewhere, IM had a bit of gore. But no Stern is definitely Stayed PG as of late. Id be surprised if they change anytime soon.

Thats why im a Spooky fan. I like my sterns too. But im always excited to see what spooky has next.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

After Watching the clips posted here. Theres no way in hell Stern would do this theme. Wayyyyy to vulgar with the language and content.
Spooky is definitely the ones to show they are willing to do a title justice when it comes to that.
So spooky was perfect for R+M.

Stern did:

South Park with a carpet munching mode.
Sopranos with F F F F F constantly.
Family Guy with tons of profanity, anal jokes, abortion jokes, etc.
Metallica with “Jack-fuckin’-pot!”
TWD with gore galore.

Stern has no problem with adult games if the licensor approves.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I mean, Stern did Walking Dead, a show which features at least one gruesome zombie or human death per episode, where they use every swear except the F and C words. The match sequence is a zombie digging through a pile of intestines. Stern also did Metallica of JACK-FUCKING-POT fame. They included "this man has no dick" in a Ghostbusters mode start callout. Dunno where people got the idea that Stern is some pearl-clutching G-rated company.

And I'm sure Spooky won't include all of the super vulgar R&M content, as much as some people apparently want that. Most of the show's humor and sci-fi appeal isn't that vulgar. It's just easy to cherry-pick that stuff and post it.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Most of the show's humor and sci-fi appeal isn't that vulgar.

Sex is sacred!

#520 4 years ago

Going to check out this R&M thing. What channel is it on?

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Cartoon Network

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Cartoon Network, during Adult Swim.

Back catalog is on Hulu (apparently unbleeped).

#523 4 years ago

Im a FANG member, someone get me on a list!

#524 4 years ago

Finally a new pinball game I am actually really interested in, and if it is good like I hope it is, I most likely won't be able to get one. Oh the irony.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

Im a FANG member, someone get me on a list!

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#526 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Cartoon Network, during Adult Swim.
Back catalog is on Hulu (apparently unbleeped).

I watched the first few episodes in Season 1 last night on Hulu and it was still bleeped. Is there a separate version?

#527 4 years ago

I am now an official Fang Club member too.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Adult Swim & Hulu.
Select episodes are free here if you don’t have a TV Provider or Hulu:
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Adult Swim & Hulu.
Select episodes are free here if you don’t have a TV Provider or Hulu:
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty

If you have a Roku, you can install the Adult Swim channel and they run the whole series there constantly.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I watched the first few episodes in Season 1 last night on Hulu and it was still bleeped. Is there a separate version?

This might be weird, but I actually think I prefer it with the bleeping. It was the same thing with South Park. I watched it on TV and though it was funny, but then watched the DVDs and though they were less funny with all the swearing. I'm not quite sure why that was.

#531 4 years ago

Wow this thread has legs! 11 Pages in less than 24 hours!

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Wow this thread has legs! 11 Pages in less than 24 hours!

Sure didn't peter out as fast as that Led Zeppelin thread.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Whatever price they were considering likely just went up considering how people are tripping over each other to send money now .....

Sounds more like the way stern operates...

I would reluctantly give it a miss if it was from stern, due to inferior build quality essentially. Given it is Spooky, I'm on the list!!

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I mean, Stern did Walking Dead, a show which features at least one gruesome zombie or human death per episode, where they use every swear except the F and C words. The match sequence is a zombie digging through a pile of intestines. Stern also did Metallica of JACK-FUCKING-POT fame. They included "this man has no dick" in a Ghostbusters mode start callout. Dunno where people got the idea that Stern is some pearl-clutching G-rated company.
And I'm sure Spooky won't include all of the super vulgar R&M content, as much as some people apparently want that. Most of the show's humor and sci-fi appeal isn't that vulgar. It's just easy to cherry-pick that stuff and post it.

Folks still think Elvira isn't dirty enough despite it breaking pinball smut ground with not only Pinball's first 69 joke on the playfield, but also pinball's first anal sex joke plastic!! We are talking history here people!

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Sorry, guess I was misinformed from another post, that's why I hedged my statement with "apparently."
Apparently not?

I know I've seen unbleeped on YouTube but I imagine those were DVD rips that have been since removed.

Edit: I just checked rickandmorty.com and it's there too, for free, but still bleeped.

Dang, unbleeped was even funnier! Guess I need some DVDs. (Or BluRay, but that's overkill for animation. Unless there are a lot of extra goodies!)

#536 4 years ago

Season 3 is when they stopped bleeping it

#537 4 years ago

Sorry, guess I was misinformed from another post, that's why I hedged my statement with "apparently."
Apparently not?
I know I've seen unbleeped on YouTube but I imagine those were DVD rips that have been since removed.
Edit: I just checked rickandmorty.com and it's there too, for free, but still bleeped.
Dang, unbleeped was even funnier! Guess I need some DVDs. (Or BluRay, but that's overkill for animation.)

I'm fine with it either way. Like lpeters82 said, sometimes it's funnier when things are bleeped. Remember the Tiny Toons character Fowlmouth that swore every other word and was bleeped? Same effect here I think.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

I know they lets some "shit"s go unbleeped but not all. I guess there's a max quota?

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One thing about Spooky games, when the mystery box arrives, there is usually no mystery. Best damn playfields in the business.

They were the first with the recent pf issues that impacted a handful of us. Mainly went unnoticed by the numbers compared to the JJP/sterns.
To their credit they were responsive, have since resolved issues, and will consider a future purchase.

#540 4 years ago

Sometimes bleeps are funnier, all right:

(Where's that Muppets game I keep hearing rumors about?)

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This might be weird, but I actually think I prefer it with the bleeping. It was the same thing with South Park. I watched it on TV and though it was funny, but then watched the DVDs and though they were less funny with all the swearing. I'm not quite sure why that was.

This is actually very common for many 'vulgar' comedy shows. You get used to everything being bleeped and mentally that actually makes it funnier. When you hear it without the bleeps it generally doesn't seem as funny. Just some mind trick thing.

#542 4 years ago

What a weird thread. It's like Judgment...the Thread.

We've got people who maybe have never heard or seen the show, thinking this pin will sink. Then people who are ardent fans judging those unfamiliar with ageism and derisive comments.

It's all just ugly, and gross.

On the other hand, this can bring an entirely different energy. Ala people that are into pinball, might watch the show and enjoy it. New fans! (I just started downloading the show last night myself!) And then people that aren't into pinball and love the show, will play pinball. New fans!

So new fans all around can ONLY be a good thing! So let's all maybe try to be a little less judgmental, and more encouraging of one another, eh?

Side note, it's media. Media we are fans of. Not necessarily media we've created. So maybe taking an approach of not dying for media on a sword, one direction or another, is a smart approach as well. And also, we criticize people jumping blindly at Munsters, Elvira, etc, so why not feel similarly in this manner?

I can't see this game as anything other than a BIG positive, whether I'm a fan, a buyer or end up being neither. I know I'm definitely a player, and without a doubt this game will garner pinball some new and NECESSARY attention, to ground it more towards a sustainable future, than a possibly dying past. There's no harm in that, that's for sure!

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

We've got people who maybe have never heard or seen the show, thinking this pin will sink. Then people who are ardent fans judging those unfamiliar with ageism and derisive comments.
It's all just ugly, and gross.
On the other hand, this can bring an entirely different energy. Ala people that are into pinball, might watch the show and enjoy it. New fans! (I just started downloading the show last night myself!) And then people that aren't into pinball and love the show, will play pinball. New fans!
So new fans all around can ONLY be a good thing! So let's all maybe try to be a little less judgmental, and more encouraging of one another, eh?
Side note, it's media. Media we are fans of. Not necessarily media we've created. So maybe taking an approach of not dying for media on a sword, one direction or another, is a smart approach as well. And also, we criticize people jumping blindly at Munsters, Elvira, etc, so why not feel similarly in this manner?
I can't see this game as anything other than a BIG positive, whether I'm a fan, a buyer or end up being neither. I know I'm definitely a player, and without a doubt this game will garner pinball some new and NECESSARY attention, to ground it more towards a sustainable future, than a possibly dying past. There's no harm in that, that's for sure!

No need to get reasonable!

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

They were the first with the recent pf issues that impacted a handful of us. Mainly left unnoticed by the numbers compared to the JJP/sterns.
To their credit they were responsive, have since resolved issues, and will consider a future purchase.

I know, I was one of them. And was taken care of in less than 15 minutes after reporting it. Not getting into details, but it was not caused by the quality of the wood or the clearcoat.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I disagree, but I have no issue with you having your own opinion.

That's what I've been seeing, as well(the post you quoted, that is). I think that the operative idea is that there is a backlash to punching down. I spend a lot of time with millenials, and they are every bit as raunchy and funny as my generation ever was. The difference is that they go for almost bitter sarcasm and self deprecation over the old comedic standby of "edgy" crudeness. So, as someone else pointed out, they love old Carlin, but tend to dislike shock comics like Clay. Also, absurdism is pretty much ascendent. Every cartoon these days seems to be like a call back to Monty Python at some level.
So, raunchy content? Sure, but make it have a point. T&A for the sake of shock and titillation? Not much of a draw when damn near any physical act or visual that you could possibly want is a google search away.
In fact, I'll give you a concrete example that I just ran across. I mentioned Revenge of the Nerds, and none of the millenials thought it was very funny. We discussed it, and it turns out that when your best friend was roofied at a party and then gaslit about it, Skolnick and Betty aren't so funny. And watching another girl get her life wrecked by her boyfriend spreading pics that he took without her consent makes the whole pie plate bit a lot less amusing.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I mentioned Revenge of the Nerds, and none of the millenials thought it was very funny.

But those Deltas had it coming!

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

And explain how that is weird for Pinside?

Quoted from PwninShiznat:

God Season 3 was great.

But those Deltas had it coming!

Another swing, another miss

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Another swing, another miss

I wasn't being serious. REVENGE of the Nerds?

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No bleeps on Netflix.

First 3 seasons.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No bleeps on Netflix.
First 3 seasons.

Ooh! Ooh! Hadn't checked there! That's BLEEPing excellent!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 300.00
$ 28.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/11?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.