20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 246.
#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

College professor.

Or pig ? Lol

Aren't there pigs or professors in RM?

"Don't think about it (Burraap)!"

Yeah the topic is RM

"Maybe fixate on that, (UrrruP) Morty."

#5852 4 years ago

There’s so much to love about this game. From the company, “the family” (no, not that family, though you never know), the designer, the theme, the interesting layout, the interesting mechs, the limited number, the coders, the quirkiness, the involvement of the creators, the “david vs Goliath” stuff, the art.....

I’m sure there’s better games on one or two points, but as a whole package nothing compares.

#5853 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Here's a thought: 4 ball lock. 5 ball wizard multiball
-Locking one ball on one side, then a second on the same side. Now two on one side.
-With the post up, locking the third ball in behind the vacant drop target/side.
-Two on one side, one on the other side, post down. Need to "knock" all 3 balls to one side.
-With the Closed Off loop, the game logic Could Maybe reliably know that there are still three balls trapped within the horseshoe?, just All on one side (acknowledging the "ghost" ball in the three high position).
-Post Up (when logic "loses" the third horseshoe ball = all 3 on one side). With the fourth ball, knocking drops does not let them fall or release multiball, unless the balls are All on one side with post up. Then only the Vacant lock will drop.
-When there are three balls on one side, and post Up, hitting the Loaded side does not release, but hitting the empty side lets the fourth ball in and locks it there!
-So three balls now on one side, one on the other side. The game reads three balls in the horseshoe, but logically knows where the fourth "ghost" or "lost " ball actually is.
-Now there is a 5th ball only left to play with, which pops out of the portal re-entry!
Start 5 Ball Portal Multiball!! - by hitting Either target which causes them both to drop.
Success would be: Releasing 5 ball multiball with first Jackpot being to restore the "lost" (Morty) ball to the top portal (before MB end). If you have only 2 balls left then the jackpot ends the multiball, no super jackpots. The One Time there would be an intentional unclosed portal loop. To restore the staged ball from the wizard 5 ball multiball.
Fail would be: Not releasing 5 ball multiball before draining. The game drops the single ball from the horseshoe, then you get a hurry up to restore equalibrium to dimensions and continue your game, perhaps a MB restart chance? .... Portal before time is out or the universes all end! (game over).
I know it might give Eric and Scott nightmares to create code for this to work.... but just thought it was something that could be pretty cool!

For mods... a holographic of the spinning portal, on the portal lane/shot, so that the ball disapears into it would be a bit speccy if done well!.

Activates only when the portal shot is lit.

Who out there is into doing the quality digital/displays/video kinds of mods?

Also is there any way the Portal Gun could ever indicate the current dimension, in the game being played? ... a mod to replace the sticker with a little display?

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lol .... you didn't read it did you. It's about life and people.... not "money".
Capitalists .... just as bad as the other extremist dirty "C" word. You guys are funny!

You mean Communists, right? Lol

#5855 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Here's a thought: 4 ball lock. 5 ball wizard multiballI

I wonder if three balls can fit between the drop and the post?

#5856 4 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

You mean Communists, right? Lol

"Well, I was aiming for Cronenbergs, Morty .... but er, whatever the people want to fill their imagination with is (BrRRaurrP) fine. Don't worry about it."

I'm sure capitalism isn't really as bad as it looks....

Rick and Morty has lots of imaginary concepts, as does this amazing thread! . Fitting really, and even in some ways, on topic

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Good point, I kinda wondered that too.... looking at the placings of the opto cut-outs, it looks like there would be room.... ?

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This has been covered by spooky. It can but there are no optos for a third ball on one side so the game would lose track of the ball and not work.

#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This has been covered by spooky. It can but there are no optos for a third ball on one side so the game would lose track of the ball and not work.

Well true, but there does not need to be an opto there for logic to be able to determine that there is a third ball on that side (given the right conditions), as described in the 5ball theory.

That is why I posed as a question, "reliably"?

With drops locked up, it is a Closed System. If there Were three balls being detected, then one gets knocked to the other side, the logic assumption is that All 3 are now on the same side (unless of course optos are playing up, which is a problem anyways). So two balls only are being detected now, with the software/logic "knowing" that the third ball is there but obviously not detected (hence trapping it with the pin to ensure it Stays there, while 4th ball is locked).

So, the software Raises the post to ensure they stay there, flagged as the one side definitely having three balls. On to next phase: Lock 4th ball in vacant side.

Yes, it would require a pretty specific sequence of shots to be able to set it up, for the software to "know". Confined to a "mode" even... hence proposing it as a Wizard "mode".

Just throwing ideas out there

#5860 4 years ago

I like the theory but I don't think you can rely on it. I can see the one ball not getting knocked over completely, maybe it just makes it to the top of the horse shoe, the computer thinks it's gone over. It then drops the Target on the "empty" side. With the target down the third ball dribbles out making it think the 4th ball entered the horseshoe and the whole thing is off.

#5861 4 years ago

So now that weve seen Stern’s latest offering, lets get back to the real discussion.

How about that portal shot? Accessible from two ways depending on what you have lit? Wonder what determines when the diverter is down to allow the right orbit shot or come back for the third flipper shot.

Really like that we can “charge” the portal gun with the spinner. That sounds satisfying. Bet the sfx is satisfying as well.

The garage floor. You can kind of see the effect of the portal light below it, but the angles havent been great yet. Wonder if well be printing a semi transparent portal sticker for that floor or if the effect will be enough.

Also wonder how much of the machine was final final. Did they say? Are the rick and morty decals any larger or different on the drops? Was hoping theyd allow you guys to use a black outline sketch of each one of them so it could still be rgbeautiful and also still look like R or M. The current dots are unobtrusive, but I would see wanting something more later. Just a thick black line outline thats hollow I think might look cool.

#5862 4 years ago

Can't wait to see some game play vids. Like what I see but do think it would've been cool to have a portal shot similar to LOTR ring shot.

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I like the theory but I don't think you can rely on it. I can see the one ball not getting knocked over completely, maybe it just makes it to the top of the horse shoe, the computer thinks it's gone over. It then drops the Target on the "empty" side. With the target down the third ball dribbles out making it think the 4th ball entered the horseshoe and the whole thing is off.

That isn't fully the theory I was writing out there though, not quite. The vacant bank drop must Not be allowed to drop at all, untill After 3 ball a side pin is raised, and time confirms it after pin raises. Then and only then can the vacant bank target drop when the 4th ball is aproaching. Lock side drop is forced to stay up if it is hit (or maybe not, as a kind of "fail"). This is what I meant by "closed system", if the drops are forced to stay up untill after three balls on one side is "confirmed" (by time, allowing for "dribbles"), then the situation you describe is no longer possible really.

Considering the scenario, as you describe; If that happened it would pass the empty side optos anyway (in the outward rolling sequence, thereby potentially "knowing" (with code) that the ball did not go all the way or stay there (get captured there 3up). But the key thing is the vacant drop not being allowed to drop until after this "confirmation delay". So, the code should not be allowing the "vacant" target to drop at all until the third ball being on the other side is Confirmed (by "time"). After x seconds the pin is raised. Still no empty side optos triggered during a given time?, THEN after this next time period allow vacant drop/lock to become open when the 4th ball now aproaches it (long opto).

I think the "almost made it" ball behaviour can well be acounted for, I think. Might involve some fancy code though

If it can't be reasonably done then it can not be done. Can't hurt to throw the thoughts out there anyway

#5864 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That isn't fully the theory I was writing out there though, not quite. The vacant bank drop must Not be allowed to drop at all, untill After 3 ball a side pin is raised, and time confirms it after pin raises. Then and only then can the vacant bank target drop when the 4th ball is aproaching. Lock side drop is forced to stay up if it is hit (or maybe not, as a kind of "fail").
Considering the scenario, as you describe; If that happened it would pass the empty side optos anyway, thereby "knowing" the ball did not go all the way or stay there (get captured there 3up). Also, the code should not be allowing the "vacant" target to dropat all until the third ball being on the other side is confirmed (by "time"). After x seconds the pin is raised. Still no empty side optos triggered during given time, then allow vacant drop/lock to become open when the 4th ball now aproaches it (long opto).
I think the "almost made it" ball behaviour can well be acounted for.
If it can't be reasonably done then it can not be done. Can't hurt to throw the thoughts out there anyway

"Don't break your back creating a lesson Morty, It's a free form anthology, I'm getting annoyed you're not hearing that."

#5865 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Like what I see but do think it would've been cool to have a portal shot similar to LOTR ring shot.

Nah, this isnt a company that rehashes the same ideas over and over, sorry.

#5866 4 years ago

It would be kind of cool that if there was some logic in there that let you release balls using the kinetic hitting. Say you have 2 balls stacked on the left side, you hit the left side which forces a ball to the right side and it opens the gate and lets it out. Vice versa...something of that nature.

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So now that weve seen Stern’s latest offering, lets get back to the real discussion.
How about that portal shot? Accessible from two ways depending on what you have lit? Wonder what determines when the diverter is down to allow the right orbit shot or come back for the third flipper shot.
Really like that we can “charge” the portal gun with the spinner. That sounds satisfying. Bet the sfx is satisfying as well.
The garage floor. You can kind of see the effect of the portal light below it, but the angles havent been great yet. Wonder if well be printing a semi transparent portal sticker for that floor or if the effect will be enough.
Also wonder how much of the machine was final final. Did they say? Are the rick and morty decals any larger or different on the drops? Was hoping theyd allow you guys to use a black outline sketch of each one of them so it could still be rgbeautiful and also still look like R or M. The current dots are unobtrusive, but I would see wanting something more later. Just a thick black line outline thats hallow I think might look cool.

Well they did mention that Pickle Rick would somewhere else on the PF so obviously not final/final.

The main thing for me is that the portal shot is satisfying to shoot. So it has to do something to make it a satisfying shot. And yeah, and really cool portal swirl effect would be nice.

#5868 4 years ago

I assume this speaker panel is a prototype as there are black mounting screw heads all across the bottom and around the speakers?
ra (resized).jpgra (resized).jpg

#5869 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would be kind of cool that if there was some logic in there that let you release balls using the kinetic hitting. Say you have 2 balls stacked on the left side, you hit the left side which forces a ball to the right side and it opens the gate and lets it out. Vice versa...something of that nature.

That's a fun idea. A non automatic release multi-ball where you have to knock them out to release them. It could then release the last one when you drain out your free balls. This is going to be a really fun mechanic.

#5870 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well they did mention that Pickle Rick would somewhere else on the PF so obviously not final/final.
The main thing for me is that the portal shot is satisfying to shoot. So it has to do something to make it a satisfying shot. And yeah, and really cool portal swirl effect would be nice.

He said "he will be hidden in the game" not specifically on the PF so may or may not

#5871 4 years ago

The thing about the portal shot is it's basically like shooting a left orbit (I think they said you can do it from the right orbit as well). The problem here is...that doesn't seem to lend itself to a satisfying shot...at least in any game I've ever played. Now, I assume since it goes from there to your left flipper every time, there will be a bunch (hopefully) of different combo skill shots set up from left flipper to be made related to whatever mode it goes into.

Generally satisfying shots usually are on difficult ramps or something that is impacted by the shot (dropdowns, bash toys etc). I think what will be important is the outcome of how the 'adventure' ends. Do you play only 1 adventure at a time? Do multiple adventures play out at the same time? I'm not sure I see any potential 'satisfying' shots here, but much of that will come down to rulesets. EDIT: I guess the whole left orbit to upper right flipper (which I keep forgetting about) and up the ramp, etc will be those shots.

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The thing about the portal shot is it's basically like shooting a left orbit (I think they said you can do it from the right orbit as well). The problem here is...that doesn't seem to lend itself to a satisfying shot...at least in any game I've ever played. Now, I assume since it goes from there to your left flipper every time, there will be a bunch (hopefully) of different combo skill shots set up from left flipper to be made related to whatever mode it goes into.
Generally satisfying shots usually are on difficult ramps or something that is impacted by the shot (dropdowns, bash toys etc). I think what will be important is the outcome of how the 'adventure' ends. Do you play only 1 adventure at a time? Do multiple adventures play out at the same time? I'm not sure I see any potential 'satisfying' shots here...

It's the upper right flipper shot, so yeah, more difficult. I just mean that when you nail it it should do something impressive to make you feel like you did something. Hopefully it's fully visible to the player too and not hidden.

#5873 4 years ago

Nah, this isnt a company that rehashes the same ideas over and over, sorry.

That's the reason I said Similar. According to your logic, they shouldn't use ramps/pops....

I would've like to seen something a little cooler with the portal shot. Who knows, maybe after some more vids, it may be pretty cool. Can't wait to see what this pin becomes.

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Generally satisfying shots usually are on difficult ramps or something that is impacted by the shot (dropdowns, bash toys etc). I think what will be important is the outcome of how the 'adventure' ends. Do you play only 1 adventure at a time? Do multiple adventures play out at the same time? I'm not sure I see any potential 'satisfying' shots here, but much of that will come down to rulesets. EDIT: I guess the whole left orbit to upper right flipper (which I keep forgetting about) and up the ramp, etc will be those shots.

Yeah, I had hoped that the portal shot would be more like the ring shot in LotR where it went airborne off a ramp and into a hole in the backboard that represented the portal (backlit in green or something). That would have given a ton of impact to the ball materializing in the left inlane right after it flew through the backboard. Oh well.

#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Thinking about the build order thing, not that it's a big deal, but if all standards are to be built after BSEs, then won't that mean that unless all distributor buyers went BSE, they are going to have to revise the list and lower most numbers? Either that or build the lower numbered standards out of order at the end?

Quoted from Gryszzz:

TWISTED PANTIES
Take two.
ACTION!

Hey, it's a legitimate question, one that would make you wonder as well, had you any critical thinking skills.

All of the standards at the end of that cobbled together list are from direct orders, and there is no gap for standards through distribs. So either
1) all distrib orders are BSEs (unlikely)
2) the distrib standards get built in number order, before all BSEs are done (not as promised)
3) the distrib standards' slots get moved to the end, and most BSEs move up some small number of slots, and renumbering happens
4) the distrib standards get built at the end, built out of number order, so again most BSEs get built slightly sooner as in #3 but they leave the numbering alone

None of these scenarios are ideal, and none of it is earth-shattering, but logically one of the four must occur due to the system they used for the ordering.

No PANTY TWISTING involved, except maybe on your end if you can't wrap your head around the admittedly insignificant issue. I'm just curious how they're going to handle it is all.

EDIT: I presume it will be either 3 or 4, so it's all good news, most BSEs would be built slightly sooner than we thought, depending on how many distrib standards were ordered and where they sit in the list.

#5877 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

2 pages of...
Yawn...

Thanks for your contribution

#5878 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It didn't move on though did it. Quotes a guy from a few posts earlier calling Spooky "dumb" for rejecting capitalism.
Capitalism is the truly dumb shit Lol
Along with the guy thinking he can run a Boo-tique pinball company better than Spooky does. If you want a capitalist pinball company that only cares about money, then go buy a stern box.

You do realize that Pinball machines wouldn't exist at all without raw American Capitalism right?

I don't see a lot of Communist countries producing Pinball machines....weird?

#5879 4 years ago

Anyone hear from Joe lately?

#5880 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So a teleporting ball “instantly” coming back into your left in lane isnt satisfying for you? How about if they made it owner controllable how fast it comes back into the lane? Its basically a wireless ramp and ball return method lol. If its as fast as they say its gonna be sweet.

To me, combo shots with loops to finish are super satisfying and this game looks like it will have those shots.

Its not like you are going to want to change dimensions over and over, so you will most likely avoid it until you need it.

#5881 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You do realize that Pinball machines wouldn't exist at all without raw American Capitalism right?
I don't see a lot of Communist countries producing Pinball machines....weird?

Eh, he's not bashing capitalism, he's bashing greed. There's a difference...and let's not kid ourselves, greed is alive and well in the pinball community and in corporate america in general.

#5882 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Nope...some said he had a family emergency so probably best to let him sort this out on his time.

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Did he say if he had any other blocks other than 51-59?

#5884 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Eh, he's not bashing capitalism, he's bashing greed. There's a difference...and let's not kid ourselves, greed is alive and well in the pinball community.

BAM! Take that Greedos!

38C7EE93-6580-49B9-9096-90E6A6400A91 (resized).jpeg38C7EE93-6580-49B9-9096-90E6A6400A91 (resized).jpeg
#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Did he say if he had any other blocks besides 51-59?

He has said he has 100 games. So probably spread across the entire run 10 blocks of 10 I would imagine. Just a guess.

#5886 4 years ago

Its not like you are going to want to change dimensions over and over, so you will most likely avoid it until you need it.

Unless the dimensions are stackable...

Would be cool to show the current scoring formula on the LCD if you could get a bunch of scoring modifiers going at once. He's already involving divisors, could get complicated..

#5887 4 years ago

So a teleporting ball “instantly” coming back into your left in lane isnt satisfying for you? How about if they made it owner controllable how fast it comes back into the lane? Its basically a wireless ramp and ball return method lol. If its as fast as they say its gonna be sweet.
To me, combo shots with loops to finish are super satisfying and this game looks like it will have those shots.

Well, I haven't shot it yet nor seen a real gameplay video. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. All I said it is better be!

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Nope...some said he had a family emergency so probably best to let him sort this out on his time.

Didn’t know that. Thanks for the context. Hope everything is ok.

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the upper right flipper shot, so yeah, more difficult. I just mean that when you nail it it should do something impressive to make you feel like you did something. Hopefully it's fully visible to the player too and not hidden.

This can easily be implemented by having pulsing light show waves originating from the back left corner across the playfield with different greens.

#5890 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

if the drops are forced to stay up

Keep in mind that the drops are stock parts so they can't be locked in the up position. But they can drop and immediately reset, so that's basically the same effect.

#5891 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hey, it's a legitimate question, one that would make you wonder as well, had you any critical thinking skills.
All of the standards at the end of that cobbled together list are from direct orders, and there is no gap for standards through distribs. So either
1) all distrib orders are BSEs (unlikely)
2) the distrib standards get built in number order, before all BSEs are done (not as promised)
3) the distrib standards' slots get moved to the end, and most BSEs move up some small number of slots, and renumbering happens
4) the distrib standards get built at the end, built out of number order, so again most BSEs get built slightly sooner as in #3 but they leave the numbering alone
None of these scenarios are ideal, and none of it is earth-shattering, but logically one of the four must occur due to the system they used for the ordering.
No PANTY TWISTING involved, except maybe on your end if you can't wrap your head around the admittedly insignificant issue. I'm just curious how they're going to handle it is all.
EDIT: I presume it will be either 3 or 4, so it's all good news, most BSEs would be built slightly sooner than we thought, depending on how many distrib standards were ordered and where they sit in the list.

I wasn't even referring to you Dan but Merry Christmas to you too!

#5892 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Keep in mind that the drops are stock parts so they can't be locked in the up position. But they can drop and immediately reset, so that's basically the same effect.

Yep, I think that's what the single drop in STTNG does.

#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I wasn't even referring to you Dan but Merry Christmas to you too!

My apologies, sure seemed like it. Quoting can avoid these misunderstandings ya know.

I mainly wanted to bring it up again, so I used that as an excuse. Guess there are more important things to worry about.

Merry Christmas! Have a cool yule!

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Boom just got my confirmation email
[quoted image]
Joke post in case you take this seriously

Bullshit!

#5895 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

He said "he will be hidden in the game" not specifically on the PF so may or may not

My hope is for pickle rick to be in the same place on playfield, but be printed in uv ink so you can’t immediately see it. When game uv turns on, you will see pickle rick and this would make it a pinball first.

#5896 4 years ago

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Slot #.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Rick and Morty would soon would be there.

Nope !!

WTF ,

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My hope is for pickle rick to be in the same place on playfield, but be printed in uv ink so you can’t immediately see it. When game uv turns on, you will see pickle rick and this would make it a pinball first.

Does the game have UV lighting?

#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

1 week later and still no Numbers from Pinballstar.
Is it that difficult to figure out.

Quoted from Airball:

Nope !!
WTF ,

If this is the biggest problem in your life count your blessings!

#5899 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Does the game have UV lighting?

Don’t know, but they could aim a spot light and use a uv 555 bulb. Should be enough for the effect, but it needs to be a controlled lamp.

#5900 4 years ago

Maybe it's a joke that I just don't get but it is hard for me to see this post:

Quoted from estrader:

Right before yours:

Quoted from Airball:

Nope !!
WTF ,

and not think your priorities are a little... out of whack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 210.00
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/118?hl=donkadelic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.