20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 246.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think there’s more context to it. People have finally been given the courage and power to speak up against exploitation, sexism, and rape culture. Gratuitous sex scenes in movies didn’t exist to further a story - it was there because audiences would pay to see tits. Comedians like Andrew Dice Clay were popular because of the “You can’t see this on TV” nature of the material...but, the comedy was generally “look at the tits on dat broad!”. Culture & comedy evolve every 5-10 years. The younger generation still likes profanity & sex in media - but not if it’s creepy, bigoted, exploitative or exclusionary.

I disagree, but I have no issue with you having your own opinion.

#452 4 years ago

Put me down for a giant naked homeless santa topper!

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I hereby announce the abbreviation for Rick and Morty to be RM

Why not RAM? Vowels good.

RM makes me think Rick Morty. R&M maybe.

#454 4 years ago

Joined the fang club just for this.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Joined the fang club just for this.

I probably should too...this is such a good theme

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dwight tried with Ghostbusters but had to add it after release due to the Puritan outcry.

GB isn’t an adult title. What was considered offensive about it? Aside from Trudeau & the horrible design? Was there a setting for that?

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GB isn’t an adult title. What was considered offensive about it? Aside from Trudeau & the horrible design? Was there a setting for that?

GB (resized).pngGB (resized).png
#458 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cartoon pins are an untapped gold mine.

Meanwhile over at Stern-

"What we need to do now is reboot The Flintstones. But this time we are going to base it on the original animated TV series.

And we need to have it ready by Christmas"

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Great for Charlie and the spooky team. As always we can't wait to get our games from Chris at Kingpin. Looking forward to adding another group of spooky games to our route.

Thanks chris. As for others looking, we are one of the few authorized spooky dealers. We are taking names for a list until details are revealed.

Email us your name to "get on the list."

[email protected]

#460 4 years ago

This video has over 19,000 views in 18 hours. This theme has reach and interest well beyond the traditional pinball market.

#461 4 years ago

So there's no confusion for folks, you can get one of the first games through your distributor, but you will need to be a Fang Club Member whether you buy from Spooky or your distributor.

I'm also taking names for the Rick and Morty Pinball want to buy list... [email protected]

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This video has over 19,000 views in 18 hours. This theme has reach and interest well beyond the traditional pinball market.

Hey don't forget the SUPREME video had like a million views! Right Odin?

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fair enough.
That said, how many Supreme pins went to traditional Pinball buyers?

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I want the Rick and Morty Supreme edition.

#465 4 years ago

First of all the program is called Rick AND Morty (AND - not ampersand) so the acronym for the game should be RAM.
Secondly this is a freaking AWESOME theme.

Questions SpookyCharlie - how long will your company agree to update the code for this game? It'd be a shame to do a one and done type of ordeal and if that is the game plan what about making the code open source so others can continue to develop due to new seasons for this title when you stop?
Also - does buying a Fang membership guarantee a seat at the "purchasing table"?

#466 4 years ago

What spooky distributor is the closest drive to Toronto ontario.
Rather drive and pick up then ship.

For RZ I drove right to Benton.

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Questions @SpookyCharlie - how long will your company agree to update the code for this game? It'd be a shame to do a one and done type of ordeal and if that is the game plan what about making the code open source so others can continue to develop for this title when you stop?

I’m not Charlie, but Spooky has supported all games with code updates. No pinball company will ever make a licensed game open source.

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

18947 are from people in this thread

#470 4 years ago

my kids watch RM i have never personally watched the show. if the pin plays good and looks good i would buy one. i like the alice cooper pin and really dont listen to his music.
i would own an AC pin.

#471 4 years ago

My friend Pinmister.

Now that guy has a real sense of humor!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-def-leppard-vs-stern-van-halen-

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

First of all the program is called Rick AND Morty (AND - not ampersand) so the acronym for the game should be RAM.

I agree, but the ampersand IS "and." And "&" conveys more information than just "A" would.

Quoted from CLEllison:

does buying a Fang membership guarantee a seat at the "purchasing table"?

That's the idea, but maybe not if they get enough new members!

Please, someone take my money!

#473 4 years ago

Sorry, but have they released pics or price yet? I'm still in a little haze from last night.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry, but have they released pics or price yet? I'm still in a little haze from last night.

Nope.

#475 4 years ago

Thank you.

#476 4 years ago

You're welcome.

#477 4 years ago

Sooooo how Many people are big fans of R+M that DONT Smoke pot? Seems like one of those if your high its hilarious shows.

I dont know about you guys. But if my Wife walked in the living room and i had this cartoon on with the main character cussing Vulgarly every other word. And pussy looking plumbus or whatever the fuck that is and is supposed to be funny. Id get a "WTF are you watching turn that shit off."

At the same time we Like ren and stimpy. #Ren&Stimpyisbetter

Thats just my opinion.

Im happy for spooky i love spooky. This looks like it is getting more love than ACNC did when it was first announced. But i wasnt an AC fan either.
I Hope its an awesome success. And grats to those that love the theme.

Ill be patiently waiting for Spooky to make a True Horror theme. Wheres my "IT" pinball.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Sooooo how Many people are big fans of R+M that DONT Smoke pot?

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I dont know about you guys. But if my Wife walked in the living room and i had this cartoon on with the main character cussing Vulgarly every other word. And pussy looking plumbus or whatever the fuck that is and is supposed to be funny. Id get a "WTF are you watching turn that shit off."

Yeah you sure don't know aboot us guys.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Whatever price they were considering likely just went up considering how people are tripping over each other to send money now without seeing any pics. Spooky was smart to put this little teaser out there to gauge interest. Everyone keeps saying 750 is not enough so they can pretty much charge whatever they want considering what Stern and JJP games cost.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Whatever price they were considering likely just went up considering how people are tripping over each other to send money now without seeing any pics.

Thankfully, I for one am not one to get caught up in any pinside hype. Emotions in check. Barely.

#482 4 years ago

As a Spooky fan and someone who has owned 3 of their games (currently ACNC), it's great to see the excitement for this title. Congrats Charlie and team! This theme is not for me as I have no connection to the property, but for those who are thinking of getting their first Spooky title, buy with confidence. These games are made with love by great folks who care. You won't get better or more personal service than with Charlie and his team. Yes, it takes a little longer for them to get their games out, but they are a smaller company. But they have built and shipped EVERY game they have sold. The creativity behind this title is stellar as well.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This theme is not for me as I have no connection to the property

Maybe try to think of it as an funny unlicensed game about interdenominational travel hosted by an alcoholic Doc Brown.

#485 4 years ago

A few thoughts

I joined fang club for this game and I like the theme. That doesn’t mean I would automatically buy one sight unseen. I would, however, probably buy one new in box if I like it. That’s something I have backed away from with some other companies. Personalized customer service goes a long way for me and this would be my third Spooky game.

I’m really excited about and I hope it’s a big hit for team Spooky.

There’s no reason to come here and be rude to others or belittle their opinions. Different strokes for different folks.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Sooooo how Many people are big fans of R+M that DONT Smoke pot? Seems like one of those if your high its hilarious shows.

Why dismiss the immense talent behind this show by insulting them & the viewers? I’ve never smoked pot in my life. It’s a well written, well executed show.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

My wife loves it. So, there’s another theory you have about people proven incorrect.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

At the same time we Like ren and stimpy. #Ren&Stimpyisbetter

I loved R&S in 1992, but it’s absolutely irrelevant in 2019. Even more so since the truth about John K’s inappropriate young girl stalking/grooming/pedophilia was revealed. There will never be a R&S pin. Ever.

#487 4 years ago

One thing about Spooky games, when the mystery box arrives, there is usually no mystery. Best damn playfields in the business.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Whatever price they were considering likely just went up considering how people are tripping over each other to send money now without seeing any pics. Spooky was smart to put this little teaser out there to gauge interest. Everyone keeps saying 750 is not enough so they can pretty much charge whatever they want considering what Stern and JJP games cost.

Spooky doesn't work like that. They set a price based on their cost to make the game, not what the market will pay.

They've known the approximate cost for a long time now, and likely know what the MSRP will be, and it's not going to change from that.

They're just finalizing all the details before making everything public.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#489 4 years ago

... RM

...RAM

...R&M

...R+M

whatever ... it's all good bro. I'll use R&M

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

They set a price based on their cost to make the game, not what the market will pay.

That's too bad. Stern eventually learned that they were undercharging. Flippers were cashing in on the consumer surplus (google it). Now Stern keeps all the profit for their hard work, not some guy scalping cardboard boxes at a $1k upcharge. I'd rather that money go to Spooky and its employees.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's too bad. Stern eventually learned that they were undercharging. Flippers were cashing in on the consumer surplus (google it).

It's obviously their best license yet so maybe this could b the one that changes it?

#492 4 years ago

waiting for spooky to say errrr we missed a zero we actually meant 7500 units! LOL

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Definitely in. How much extra do I have to pay for a Mr. Meeseeks to teach me how to play?

I really hope there's a meeseeks in the game, and if you hit a button he pops up "I'm mr meeseeks look at me! You should shoot the ramp Jerrrry!"

Quoted from benheck:

Mulan (more popular than you'd think)

Speaking of which, are we going to have szechuan sauce outlane spinners?

#494 4 years ago

Spooky offer payment plans? Lol...

Need the pics to lock in my need for this game. Come on....any minute now....

#496 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of the show (obviously, I agreed to jump in). I love the sci-fi concepts/stories. The send-up and/or takedowns of certain tropes. The completely unleashed creativity of it. Sure, sometimes the vulgarity can get a bit cringe-y in spots, but that's not worth dismissing the show over.

#497 4 years ago

Stern really should have picked up the Rick & Morty license for the Iron Maiden PF.

Appears Spooky finally got revenge for TWD. I know that one stung a bit. Not sure if y’all remember that.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern really should have picked up the Rick & Morty license for the Iron Maiden PF.

Then nobody would want it.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Appears Spooky finally got revenge for TWD. I know that one stung a bit. Not sure if y’all remember that.

Archer, you mean?

#500 4 years ago

YES YES YES!! Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/10?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.