New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 256899)

Rick & Morty Pinball from Spooky!

By MEuRaH

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12,233 posts
  • 776 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by DanQverymuch
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,263 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG
IMG_1175 (resized).JPG
IMG_1174 (resized).JPG
DCD2A98A-84FC-4C7C-A00C-BDB6B6203D8B (resized).jpeg
7119AE22-F7DC-4DFC-860B-552C76B5B099 (resized).jpeg
86F056A7-1E21-4BD4-808F-D45B7187B4E7 (resized).jpeg
5E6BE29B-3FF1-4605-B1DC-AEB8F2DEDD79 (resized).jpeg
5144B608-71B9-4E23-88DE-827D25196119 (resized).jpeg
F354F545-7F0F-4745-BFC2-D7F2B54888E1 (resized).jpeg
254F9FAA-E23F-4982-BA39-C5C00FD6DF0E (resized).jpeg
CA484115-F782-4762-A0B8-9E6518EC27A0 (resized).jpeg
C2E297EB-334A-41B8-B080-38EF0A1E314E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12233 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 245.
#5401 11 months ago

Order 1900 = BSE #386

#5402 11 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can't either, and I'm the one that would have to build the logic to make that happen.
Three in the lock is not as much of a problem, but to get to 4 we'd have to have 3 on one side for at least some amount of time and then the game wouldn't know where that ball is, which is always bad.
So, yeah, there are 4 detectable ball positions in the thing; but filling all of them would be problematic. Sorry Scott.

Quoted from The_Casual:

You might be on to something here, Luke said there were 5 balls total in the game - one of them being staged in the portal. If we lock 4 in the Sanesi lock 2.0 and have one in the portal. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?!

Could be a cool feature, like accidently letting the aliens take your last ship on Galaga!

If you accidently lock your 4th ball (5 total) so that you have no balls left to play with and the game tilts, then drains all your balls!

Doesn't that sound like fun?!

#5403 11 months ago

I assume 2 balls locked on each side will have one ball remaining in play (5 ball trough).

Quoted from Fytr:

Could be a cool feature, like accidently letting the aliens take your last ship on Galaga!
If you accidently lock your 3rd ball (4th total) you have no balls left to play with and the game tilts, then drains all your balls!
Doesn't that sound like fun?!

#5404 11 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

some good deals to be had in the marketplace![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

let the bloodsuckers sell their games. I don’t expect many Bloodsuckers will change hands prior to delivery. Can’t wait to get mine, this time next year

#5405 11 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I assume 2 balls locked on each side will have one ball remaining in play (5 ball trough).

I believe Eric said that one of the 5 balls will always be kept in the subway eject for the portal.

#5406 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

let the bloodsuckers sell their games. I don’t expect many Bloodsuckers will change hands prior to delivery. Can’t wait to get mine, this time next year

I'm hoping to be out of my apartment and into a house by the time mine arrives. My newborn daughter will almost be 2. Lots to look forward to!

#5407 11 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

If you accidently lock your 3rd ball (4th total) you have no balls left to play with and the game tilts, then drains all your balls

"Where are my Balls, Summer?"

#5408 11 months ago

There has to be an available ball to play in case you lock 4 balls in the U turn mech. Maybe the subway ejects the portal ball?

Quoted from abagwell:

I believe Eric said that one of the 5 balls will always be kept in the subway eject for the portal.

#5409 11 months ago
Quoted from scorche:

Well, damn. There went my cheerful optimism of getting in really, really early.
I am order #1790 - the earliest of the posters here on Pinside. As you'd probably guess from the folks coming after me, my game is #120.
I am still super excited about getting a game in a few months - it just is later than I was hopeful for going off the conversation here.

Trade me spots and I'll bring the game to Zapcon in late April. If the timeline doesn't work then you keep the earlier game. All 3 of the other spooky games I got arrived 2-3 months too late to bring to that years Zapcon.

#5410 11 months ago

I'm putting mine up for $50k. It's one of a kind. The only one with its number. Ultra rare. Everyone has a price

#5411 11 months ago

My daughter is an aspiring artist who normally only paints landscapes. When I told her I loved Rick and Morty she stepped out her comfort zone and painted me this.

The name of the painting is “peace among worlds”
3AF81F24-9357-4C08-BF18-97B96BC7EC32 (resized).jpeg

#5412 11 months ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Trade me spots and I'll bring the game to Zapcon in late April. If the timeline doesn't work then you keep the earlier game. All 3 of the other spooky games I got arrived 2-3 months too late to bring to that years Zapcon.

Well, my dumb ass is publically committing to bringing it to the first pinball show after I get mine. As I'm #374, I am shooting for York.

#5413 11 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Well, my dumb ass is publically committing to bringing it to the first pinball show after I get mine. As I'm #374, I am shooting for York.

It's not dumb, it's awesome. I took my TNA to Midwest Gaming Classic this year.

#5414 11 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My daughter is an aspiring artist who normally only paint landscapes. When I told her I loved Rick and Morty she stepped out her comfort zone and painted me this.
The name of the painting is “peace among worlds”
[quoted image]

That’s awesome

#5415 11 months ago

I think Spooky should ride the FOMO hard.

Games 1-10 are $20,000. Game 11-20 are $15,000. And so on until maybe 50 when it becomes regular price.

Might as well turn all that whining into cold hard cash.

#5416 11 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Games 1-10 are $20,000. Game 11-20 are $15,000. And so on until maybe 50 when it becomes regular price.

40-50 would be????

#5417 11 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I can't see them doing that, but Spooky might continue the tradition of auctioning off their final game for charity. They did that with TNA and RZ.

#5418 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

They may continue the tradition of auctioning off their final game for charity. They did that with TNA and RZ.

They did that for this as well.

#5419 11 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Gene Cunningham did this at the very end of BBB. He honored his original asking price of $4500 even though in the long run he ended up spending something like $7000 per game to produce. People were selling their $4500 NIB games for $12K before they even finished shipping the run. So he was able to make the last 12 or so unaccounted for games from the leftover parts and sold those for $12K apiece.

I would have no issues with Spooky capitalizing on this and doing exactly that for the first 30-50 games. Some people WILL pay those prices. Same people that buy the line cutting passes at the amusement parks. I'm not a fan of that but

I plan on keeping my game, but I think people are still underestimating how popular this show is and how rare 750 games is. How many B/W titles EVER ended up lower than than. You've got to go back to 1983 to find production numbers that low. Pre-order spots will end up selling for a premium and the first ones to sell after physically receiving will also go for more than MSRP. After AMH sold out the used game prices temp jumped to over the MSRP on that title that had no licensing tie-in.

#5420 11 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I just puked in my mouth a little bit.
At least you have the deceny to cover them toes up. Don't nobody wanna see no man toes. Ever.
And living in a college town I'm all fucked up with that.
From Bob Evans to Olive Garden these kids know no boundaries.

Now I feel bad for wearing sandals around you.. well, not really.

#5421 11 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

It's not dumb, it's awesome. I took my TNA to Midwest Gaming Classic this year.

100% agree. People acted surprised when I brought my Batman66 LE shows. I've brought it to multiple shows and love sharing it with others. These games are meant to be played and can easily take a weekend of heavy use.

This is the reason I wouldn't get a butter cab. No matter how careful you are, you'll get a few scrapes and dings bringing it to shows. I dont mind the little bits "patina" it acquires by schlepping it around.

#5422 11 months ago

Just gave my computer a Rick and Morty mod . Should tie me over till i get my game lol

81D8ED02-E8D4-4C8D-9368-8F2999D0FD7B (resized).jpeg
#5423 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Just gave my computer a Rick and Morty mod . Should tie me over till i get my game lol[quoted image]

Nice, I got one for my office as well!

pasted_image (resized).png
#5424 11 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There has to be an available ball to play in case you lock 4 balls in the U turn mech. Maybe the subway ejects the portal ball?

Think scott said only 3 balls can be licked.

#5425 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

lick.gif
#5426 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

[quoted image]

Quoted from rai:

Yep I'm gonna need a "Lock lock lock my balllllllls!" callout now.

#5427 11 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

100% agree. People acted surprised when I brought my Batman66 LE shows. I've brought it to multiple shows and love sharing it with others. These games are meant to be played and can easily take a weekend of heavy use.
This is the reason I wouldn't get a butter cab. No matter how careful you are, you'll get a few scrapes and dings bringing it to shows. I dont mind the little bits "patina" it acquires by schlepping it around.

I have no issue taking games to shows either. I’m usually one of the the last people to commit a games list for ZapCon. Namely because I go over a list of what’s already committed to the show and make an effort to bring things that are not duplicating what’s already being brought. Cheap machine or really expensive it doesn’t really matter that much to me.
I buy my machines to play them and quite frankly I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing other people enjoy them as well.
Not to mention there is an added social aspect at shows when people see what you brought. I’ve met a lot of cool people as a result of bringing games that will come up and talk to you about your machines.

#5428 11 months ago

I consider taking a game to a show "stress testing". If something is going to break, it would also be nice for it to happen when there are a dozen techs available (who know more than me) to help me sort it out lol.

#5429 11 months ago

pasted_image.gif

#5430 11 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I have no issue taking games to shows either. I’m usually one of the the last people to commit a games list for ZapCon. Namely because I go over a list of what’s already committed to the show and make an effort to bring things that are not duplicating what’s already being brought. Cheap machine or really expensive it doesn’t really matter that much to me.
I buy my machines to play them and quite frankly I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing other people enjoy them as well.
Not to mention there is an added social aspect at shows when people see what you brought. I’ve met a lot of cool people as a result of bringing games that will come up and talk to you about your machines.

Is this pinball Cuckolding?

#5431 11 months ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Yep I'm gonna need a "Lock lock lock my balllllllls!" callout now.

The best part about this pin is that we could actually get that AND have it done by the actual voice actor for Rick!

#5432 11 months ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

No, it's just not being a man-cave troll who hordes their games away in their man-cave where others can't enjoy them. Like others have said, these things are meant to be played.

#5433 11 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I consider taking a game to a show "stress testing". If something is going to break, it would also be nice for it to happen when there are a dozen techs available (who know more than me) to help me sort it out lol.

It’s kind of a trip when something goes wrong with your machine at a show.
The first time I walked by one of my machines at a show where the glass was off and a tech was working on it I felt a little strange. I went and watched to see what they were doing. I can’t speak for all shows, but the techs I’ve met at the shows I attend have all been top notch and 100% know what they are doing.
I don’t even bother to go look and see what they are doing anymore and just let them do their thing as it cuts into my beer drinking time to stop and check it out.

Quoted from The_Casual:

I do wipe down my pins pretty thoroughly after a show.

#5434 11 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

AND inside warranty timeframe

#5435 11 months ago

the waves of pure excitement for this game are so amazing!!!

#5436 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the waves of pure excitement for this game are so amazing!!!

Got a couple friends getting the game. I see two Spooky trips in my future!

#5437 11 months ago

Do you think Spooky will release an official topper down the road?

#5438 11 months ago

Here is a preview. Will actual release a gas that smells like a real fart.

Screenshot_20191220-154840_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5439 11 months ago

It might be a little bit trickier with a licensed title.

#5440 11 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Here is a preview. Will actual release a gas that smells like a real fart.[quoted image]

I wonder if they'd give a discount if you modeled for the topper...

#5441 11 months ago

The real question is what is the order number for o-din's Cybertruck and does he know the production date?

#5442 11 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

No, it's just not being a man-cave troll who hordes their games away in their man-cave where others can't enjoy them. Like others have said, these things are meant to be played.

You and your wife / girlfriend are always welcome to come by the cave / dungeon.

But, mostly your wife / girlfriend.

#5443 11 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s kind of a trip when something goes wrong with your machine at a show.
The first time I walked by one of my machines at a show where the glass was off and a tech was working on it I felt a little strange. I went and watched to see what they were doing. I can’t speak for all shows, but the techs I’ve met at the shows I attend have all been top notch and 100% know what they are doing.
I don’t even bother to go look and see what they are doing anymore and just let them do their thing as it cuts into my beer drinking time to stop and check it out.

Oof, I couldn't watch someone else work on my machine, even if they are a qualified tech...especially without a prior approval!
I've seen too many nightmares, in what is a very short time, from a "qualified technician's" work.

I prefer to meter, solder, and wrench myself! That's the best part about these machines, like a fine classic automobile that is slightly more affordable to work on and fits better into an air conditioned space.

Different strokes for different folks

#5444 11 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It might be a little bit trickier with a licensed title.

Stern does it for every game.

#5445 11 months ago

I wonder if they'd give a discount if you modeled for the topper...

Aren't there Bangerjay bobbleheads for that?

#5446 11 months ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Oof, I couldn't watch someone else work on my machine, even if they are a qualified tech...especially without a prior approval!
I've seen too many nightmares, in what is a very short time, from a "qualified technician's" work.
I prefer to meter, solder, and wrench myself! That's the best part about these machines, like a fine classic automobile that is slightly more affordable to work on and fits better into an air conditioned space.
Different strokes for different folks

Luckily Arizona has some pretty OK techs.

#5447 11 months ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I still want to know who has game #420.
It has relevance if you are from Colorado.
I'd be willing to throw a little money towards swapping for my #427 spot.

What about the nearly dozen other states with recreational weed it, would it have no relevance there?

#5448 11 months ago

I am starving for more RM content. Pics? Video? Whatever....

You know... if you good people at Spooky aren't too busy.

#5449 11 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

I am starving for more RM content. Pics? Video? Whatever....
You know... if you good people at Spooky aren't too busy.

So one thing to realize if you haven't purchased a new Spooky game at launch before is that it often takes much longer than most people would prefer before much else is shown after the official reveal. I remember the ACNC folks basically begging for video of the game being played, etc. and it taking a long time before that was available. While things might be different / faster this time I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SW was very early still on this game.

All in, when you order from Spooky at launch you should just plan to chill your jets a bit. If your order number isn't near the front you might even plan to pick up another game to tide you over until you can expect yours to be ready (and plan to sell it prior to having to pay for RAD). I know some guys that could go through a couple of NiB purchases between the order at launch and actual delivery of the games. After all, it's not like your entire game budget is tied up the whole time.

This is an inevitable part of the boutique pinball vendor purchasing process. I personally kind of love this model since it gives me months of additional time to look forward to receiving my purchase. But I know it's not for everyone.

#5450 11 months ago

Will locked balls be shared between players?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 12233 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside