20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 246.
#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I guess some people like to be in early like first weekend for a movie. It does not matter that much to me either way. I’m still waiting for my number but I’m assuming it’ll be in the middle somewhere my guess will be 300-400 ish.
However I do share the feeling of not knowing how the process played out with direct and distributer sales muddle the picture.
I guess once dealer numbers come out we’ll have some more clarity.

I know of several games in the 50s and one who was in the 40s that went to people I know who bought through a distributor. Some even bought two games and both were low numbers. These were not special or reserved games or VIPs etc.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

So the first 100 games or so were spoken for before anyone really had a shot at them? I suppose that would’ve been nice to know beforehand. Especially since that’s like 3 months worth of production.

Agreed. It makes total sense from Spooky’s perspective that the VIPs, past customers, etc. could jump the line. It’s just too bad they didn’t mention that in the explanation of how this all would work. Sure, maybe they told people who called and asked, but I felt no need to call after reading their posted info that seemed to lay it all out (and implied that average Joes would have a fair shot at the lowest numbers). I’m sure it was just an oversight, but a mistake nonetheless. Live and learn. As others have said, though, this isn’t exactly the liver allocation list we’re talking talking about. I’m stoked for this game whenever it arrives. BTW, I ordered from PinballStar and haven’t heard about my number. If I’m in the top 50, I’ll switch places with the highest bidder (Not)!

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

All these new ads for spots. How much was a spot? I thought $1k or was is more?

It was $1000. $1500 or so if you got BSE (most people did).

I have no idea why people think they can get $3k or $5k for their spot. One guy (who can't spell "ad") is listing for $5999.

#5254 4 years ago

Well I ordered a bse and got a receipt at 10:05 from a distributor plus I’m a previous purchaser. I hope I’m not behind people who ordered direct from spooky with a sales receipt after 10:05. If that was the case I wouldn’t order from a distributor again for a spooky game. Seems like a no win situation for spooky and distributors. Everything should have been through distributor or spooky.

In the end it’s a good problem for spooky since they sold out.

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know of several games in the 50s and one who was in the 40s that went to people I know who bought through a distributor. Some even bought two games and both were low numbers. These were not special or reserved games.

Well whatever you 'know' is wrong lol because I have just about every game in the 50s (51-59) and I haven't slotted anyone yet so you're getting bullshitted... So... don't believe everything you hear. We are still sorting out our orders and hope to have our slotting done by Monday.

#5256 4 years ago

Shame on you for spreading facts

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Well whatever you 'know' is wrong lol because I have just about every game in the 50s (51-59) and I haven't slotted anyone yet so you're getting bullshitted... So... don't believe everything you hear. We are still sorting out our orders and hope to have our slotting done by Monday.

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Well I ordered a bse and got a receipt at 10:05 from a distributor plus I’m a previous purchaser. I hope I’m not behind people who ordered direct from spooky with a sales receipt after 10:05. If that was the case I wouldn’t order from a distributor again for a spooky game. Seems like a no win situation for spooky and distributors. Everything should have been through distributor or spooky.
In the end it’s a good problem for spooky since they sold out.

Distributor and Spooky games were equally laid out by Spooky prior so early folks would get a relatively early number with Spooky if that's how they laid out their slots and you would get an relatively early number with a distributor as well again assuming the distributor is laying out their slots in same manner. It was a totally fair and well thought out way to do it. There is no disadvantage from buying from one place or the other. You're wrong on that.

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Be careful what you say Joe. Next time Spooky has a high-profile title, you'll have 750 people trying to order from you first and then bitching at YOU when they don't get a low number......

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No there are people who bought through distributors who got at least as low as the #40s. If you bought through a distributor you had a decent chance at getting one of the first 70+ non reserved games. Looks like buying direct #120 was the best you could do. Which contradicts the email we were sent. It’s not the end of the world but I wish Spooky would explain why what they said is not what actually happened.
I’ll gladly take my game when I get it, or if I’m lucky I’ll buy an earlier number at some point. But I also don’t think it’s unreasonable for us to ask spooky why what they told us how ordering and game numbers would work is not what actually happened.

Pretty sure if you go back through this mammoth thread, you'll find they did explain.

I am not a buyer so no axe to grind.

However I do remember them saying that they were allocating to distributors and that Fang Club didn't 100% guarantee a game.

They said they were mixing distributor games with direct.

At no point did it say ordering direct got you to front of Q.

It was always going to be a bit of a lottery as to build date.

It would be crazy if Spooky didn't look after the distributors that have supported them.

Anyway there will be probably another dozen NIB games in the next 18 months so plenty of choice.

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I have no idea why people think they can get $3k or $5k for their spot. One guy (who can't spell "ad") is listing for $5999.

Ok, I was curious because I can get one through my distributor right now and it would be delivered in Feb. I have to pay the full amount but get it early. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it I told him I’d let him know today

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

It's no secret that Joe is amazing to deal with and a genuinely honest man. He has gone out of his way on many occasions to help his customers and stand up for what is right on pinball issues.

Thanks Joe!

Did you send out more than one email blast when sales went live?

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

removed

#5263 4 years ago

Rick and Morty was just added to the Pinside Game Database and it is already flooded by pinstadium ads

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

because one middle of the road spot just sold for 2700$

#5265 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Distributor and Spooky games were equally laid out by Spooky prior so early folks would get a relatively early number with Spooky if that's how they laid out their slots and you would get an relatively early number with a distributor as well again assuming the distributor is laying out their slots in same manner. It was a totally fair and well thought out way to do it. There is no disadvantage from buying from one place or the other. You're wrong on that.

Then why do the first direct games appear to not start until about #120 and even according to you, you have distributor games for customers who bought through you in the 50s? This is fair and no disadvantage to one or the other? I’m asking genuinely to try to understand.

#5266 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Order #1 or so online is #120 in line.
Order #31 or so online is #258 in line
Order #75 or so online is #350 in line

Look, I'm really not trying to complain here, but this is the reality of the situation and just doesn't jive with the original statements about how the line was going to form.

The fact is you were at a HUGE disadvantage if you bought through spooky's website, as far as getting an early number.

Spooky was not up front about how these games would be distributed.

#5267 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They said they were mixing distributor games with direct.
At no point did it say ordering direct got you to front of Q.

Here is the direct quote from spooky:

1. We allow 375 of our 750 games to distributors. These games are preloaded into the list evenly across the full 750 spots.

2. We do that because many of our customers prefer to buy through their distributor who they have long standing relationships with. Would not be fair to build all spooky direct games first because that would essentially cut our distributors business. All customers have an even chance of an early number this way no matter how they buy.

3. Cartoon network has team games as well as spooky these will have to be built early obviously due to contractual requirements with licensing and suppliers.

4. The remaining spots purchased from our website are layered in starting at #1 so yes you have a real chance of acquiring early places in line when you order direct!

But maybe I'm misreading this? Is this a misunderstanding? I'm just asking for transparency is all. Buying through a distributor got you a chance to get a game as early as January. Buying direct, the earliest is April.

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

No, you are 100% wrong.
Look, I'm really not trying to complain here, but this is the reality of the situation and just doesn't jive with the original statements about how the line was going to form.
The fact is you were at a HUGE disadvantage if you bought through spooky's website, as far as getting an early number.
And yes I know I said I wouldn't post on this anymore but I just want to set the record straight. Spooky was NOT up front about how these games would be distributed. And because a guy has cancer and a couple people ordered multiples does not explain away those 3 points I just made.
Love ya spooky but let's be real here...

He said "if that's how spooky laid out their spots"

Not just you , but everyone : If you have issues with ordering direct from Spooky , direct your issues to them.

Not fair to try and have Joe answer about how spooky laid out their allotments. His point was about the games numbered in the 50's.

#5269 4 years ago

I'm perfectly fine with the preorder situation. I had a very low number at 1812 but knew there would be many more before me. I'm a little relieved actually that they'll have over 100 done by the time they do mine and may have any kinks worked out if there are any. I bought the Fang club membership in the hopes of just getting a machine, not just getting to the front of the queue. It gives me more time to decide on some of the upgrades.

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

No, you are 100% wrong.
And yes I know I said I wouldn't post on this anymore but I just want to set the record straight. Spooky was NOT up front about how these games would be distributed. And because a guy has cancer and a couple people ordered multiples does not explain away those 3 points I just made.
Love ya spooky but let's be real here...

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Here is the direct quote from spooky:
1. We allow 375 of our 750 games to distributors. These games are preloaded into the list evenly across the full 750 spots.
2. We do that because many of our customers prefer to buy through their distributor who they have long standing relationships with. Would not be fair to build all spooky direct games first because that would essentially cut our distributors business. All customers have an even chance of an early number this way no matter how they buy.
3. Cartoon network has team games as well as spooky these will have to be built early obviously due to contractual requirements with licensing and suppliers.
4. The remaining spots purchased from our website are layered in starting at #1 so yes you have a real chance of acquiring early places in line when you order direct!
But maybe I'm misreading this? Is this a misunderstanding? I'm just asking for transparency is all. Buying through a distributor got you a chance to get a game as early as January. Buying direct, the earliest is April.

If I was Spooky I would have dumped you both already.

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

And yes I know I said I wouldn't post on this anymore

You're right. You did say that......

#5272 4 years ago

You guys keep saying you're done complaining. Not gonna post anymore. This is my last post. Fucking pick up the phone and call the company you purchased from or fucking chill.

You should try to get out however you can. You're not going to be able to deal with the wait. People are trying to explain this to you and you're calling them liars.

Totally fucking annoying.

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

He said "if that's how spooky laid out their spots"
Not just you , but everyone : If you have issues with ordering direct from Spooky , direct your issues to them.
Not fair to try and have Joe answer about how spooky laid out their allotments. His point was about the games numbered in the 50's.

Joe interjected himself to this thread so it is fair.

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

If I was Spooky I would have dumped you both already.

Because I'm simply asking why what we were told isn't what happened? How dare I simply ask the question. Bring out the bell and yell shame!

#5275 4 years ago

There is no conspiracy. No one has to tell you shit other than your order was successful and you will get your machine.

#5276 4 years ago

Refer back to post #1636

#5277 4 years ago

Finally. Thank you mods. This thread was becoming unbearable.

#5278 4 years ago

I can't believe this is still going. You two are perfect examples of why companies keep people in the dark. Let it go already, it isn't a big deal. If you don't want it, someone will gladly take them off your hands and you can try to buy one later. Unless the only reason you are mad is because you were going to try to flip them for BIG MONEY!

#5279 4 years ago

Let's ,move on already guys!

I ordered direct at about 9:27 AM and I'm build number 650 something! oh well!!! No big deal!!!

I'll wait because I decided to buy the machine that I think I will enjoy and didn't want to miss the opportunity .... I didn't decide tp buy the machine on some notion of when I would get it!

LETS MOVE ON>PLEASE

I wouldn't be surprised if Spooky pinball stops pushing any cool new info or videos now to this website because of the BS they have to respond to here.

#5280 4 years ago

Huh, I was wondering why I got an explanation of how the game numbers were determined in the e-mail...this explains it...you people are insatiable!
And I am not at all upset with our place in line...approximately 74 weeks away...oooweee! We're just glad we got one.
(I'll add that our order was placed direct, within the first hour of sales, in case you were wondering...)

I'm certain we'll get to play one in the wild waaaay sooner than that, and that's ok!

The wife and I both decided we liked the Rick's-space-ship-garbage-grey over purple :3

#5281 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Unless the only reason you are mad is because you were going to try to flip them for BIG MONEY!

Bingo, that's a big part of it. Have to flip when hype is at the peak.

#5282 4 years ago

And here I was thinking entitlement was just a Millennial generation thing....

#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Is it possible to squeeze in and hit the inner orbit from the lower right flipper? thenotrashcougar

You can backhand the right side lock from the right flipper no problem. You can also backhand the left lock from the left flipper. The new lock is perfectly symmetrical to the flippers. I hope that is what you were asking.
--Scott

Edit: Ohh, if you meant hit the inner loop that is on the left upper side of the playfield, no, you cannot hit that with the right flipper. The upper flipper is the only one that can hit that shot.

The right flipper can hit the 3 standup targets, the left ramp, the noob noob taget, the left lock, the scoop, and the right lock.

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We should start a bet as to what is the first excuse. I've got my money on something generic, like "unexpected bills".

We have a winner:

"one is going on route near me so this is not a must have at home"

tenor.giftenor.gif

#5285 4 years ago

Scott, TNA has some amazing music, can you provide any details on this game? Is there a mix of custom music plus songs from the show?

#5286 4 years ago

This is just like TBL hassle!! maybe we should table this thread for about 6 Months!!!

#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Scott, TNA has some amazing music, can you provide any details on this game? Is there a mix of custom music plus songs from the show?

Glad you asked! I made a crap ton of exciting music for the game and remixed some of the show music as well. I also did the sound effects with the exception of the sounds from the show. If you liked what I did on TNA and ACNC, you shoudl be happy.
--Scott

#5288 4 years ago

Hi Scott,

RM pin looks awesome! I can't wait to get mine! #653.

can you tell us how many balls lock for a MB in that new ball lock mech you designed???

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hi Scott,
can you tell us how many balls lock for a MB in that new ball lock mech you designed???

Second that. I'm very interested in how this works.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Glad you asked! I made a crap ton of exciting music for the game and remixed some of the show music as well. I also did the sound effects with the exception of the sounds from the show. If you liked what I did on TNA and ACNC, you shoudl be happy.
--Scott

This is big for me. Music in Pinball is so underrated. A great sound package makes a big difference! If you can share anything in advance would love to hear. You're very talented!

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hi Scott,

The lock can lock up to 3. We are currently using it in really cool ways as a lock, a movable captive ball, and a fast-ass u-turn. I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

#5292 4 years ago

The lock can lock up to 4. 2 on each side. We are currently using it in really cool ways as a lock, a movable captive ball, and a fast-ass u-turn. I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

This game is going to be awesome

#5293 4 years ago

Finally. Something worth reading...

#5294 4 years ago

The lock can lock up to 4. 2 on each side. We are currently using it in really cool ways as a lock, a movable captive ball, and a fast-ass u-turn. I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

Is this the state changing mechanism? Sounds like a lot of options are being squeezed out of this.

#5295 4 years ago

sound great!

Thanks Scott.

hope there are multiple MB modes as well!

#5296 4 years ago

--Scott

The minute I heard the theme music in the promo video is when I decided to purchase.

“Danesi soundtrack - CHECK!”

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I was curious because I can get one through my distributor right now and it would be delivered in Feb. I have to pay the full amount but get it early. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it I told him I’d let him know today

you need to find a better distributor. do you have to pay more to get real service in a timely matter?

find a distributor that does their job and doesn't "sell" their spots to the highest bidder.

this makes me sick.

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The minute I heard the theme music in the promo video is when I decided to purchase.

The first cut of the teaser was done without any voice over and you could really hear the music. It gets a little lost among all the callouts. Which is good and bad I guess.

#5299 4 years ago

I love this as an inner loop shot too. Hoping it will be open a good part of the time.

#5300 4 years ago

We are currently using it in really cool ways as a lock, a movable captive ball, and a fast-ass u-turn.

This is the kind of innovation I wanna see in my games. This one area is used in THREE DIFFERENT WAYS. It makes shots in games less redundant and therefore more enjoyable in the long run.

And Scott, you are one of the best at lights & sounds. The reason I was so drawn to TNA & ACNC was because of what you did in those areas. The music in TNA is probably my favorite music in any pin. I remember hitting the start button on that game for the first time at Mystic Pinball and being in awe of the music.

I'm eager to see a RM youtube tutorial soon. I hope one is around the corner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 300.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,999 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/106?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.