20201204_121511 (resized).jpg
20201204_125214 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201124-162404 (resized).png
IMG_1181 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG
IMG_1176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 246.
#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Shouldn't be a problem. Bowen actually already has this on the wish list, but it is not implemented yet - mostly because I don't have a production game with the right CPU in it to incorporate and test setting the time & date in the service menu.

tldr; That's the intent, but maybe not right at launch.

Perfect, thanks!

...and not at launch? Considering we ordered a standard edition, don't worry about that...

#5202 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

As someone welcoming game #719 in May 2021, you guys are pretty funny.

Hey man, how much do you want for your spot?

Best regards,

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

To be fair, Spooky also said they were starting to build 10 a week after xmas which definitely was an implication that games would start shipping to customers then. It seems like that isn't the case and that I think is what stands out to me. We all knew we would be waiting some amount of time at 10 per week but the implication was if you joined the fang club you'd have the opportunity to get in first when really it seems like first is many games down the line from the first week of production.

I reason I joined the fang club was to have a chance at purchasing the game. I figured that if I didn’t join then there was no way of getting one when purchases were made open to the public. I purchased a standard and am #722, so yeah, a long time before I get one but at least I got one.

Did most of the bse buyers buy early to 1) guarantee a butter cabinet and/or 2) get an early build?

#5204 4 years ago

well I ordered at 9:17AM CST and somehow am #376... so sometime ~September 2020... this will be my first and probably last spooky machine... glad I didn't announce we were getting "soon" it on our business pages or I'd probably have some unhappy customers!

#5205 4 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Anyone know if a new list was started with the build numbers we were sent and which edition they selected? Curious as to the cutoff of BSE’s. I have to assume my BSE has to be close to the end of the run.

Well I'm 670 and I have a BSE, so if my math is right at least 90% are BSEs.

#5206 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Do you win the prize for the highest number BSE?

#5207 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I figured you guys got one.
Good to hear that’s one more coming to AZ.

Do you guys want to start an AZ Rick and Morty club thread to help make every post on pin side Rick and Morty related?

I don’t have my number yet, but I say whoever is first has a launch party for the other AZ buyers.

#5208 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t have my number yet, but I say whoever is first has a launch party for the other AZ buyers.

It's either you or me.

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as we don't get Texacated, I'm good.

We have zoning and city planning and permits, so that ain't happening. Houston doesn't flood for no reason almost every year.

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from scorche:It's either you or me.

So far you are having the earliest launch party of anyone outside of Adult Swim with #120!!!!

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Quoted from kermit24:

Do you win the prize for the highest number BSE?

Nope. So far that distinction goes to me at number 683.

But the real reason I logged in and wanted to post was to say, "Holy crap!". Seriously. I go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and come back to over 250 complaining posts. I get it in a way. I was initially disappointed, too. Why? Overconfidence in speculative order math combined with incomplete process transparency from Spooky. I think everyone here, customers and Spooky alike participated in some way to this shit fest of sourpussed thread crapping. In hindsight, maybe it would've been better if Spooky didn't tell anyone anything about their plans for sorting out orders. The fact that they put out quite a bit of information to folks here on this thread seemed great until it didn't. Namely, their after the fact disclosure that there were a significant number of games pre-allotted (at least 100 by the sound of it). So that threw a wrench into people's expectations which were based on incomplete information. Aw jeez....

I have to ask everyone, if you knew beforehand that there were at least 100 games coming off the line for insiders before games would be shipped to the general pinhead public, would it have changed your mind about ordering? Of course not. The way I see it, most of these games are going to people who have some deep connection to the show or project. They are probably more meaningful to them than to any of us. Plus, those games are not likely ever going to see the light of day on the secondary market. Surprise! You actually bought a game that is going to be more scarce than you thought it would be!

I just gotta say that I'm looking forward to everyone getting a good night of sleep and maybe waking up a little less cranky. And sorry to the good folks at Spooky for a rough day. I still think you're fucking awesome. I hope everyone in Benton has a better day tomorrow, too.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Nope. So far that distinction goes to me at number 683

Pleased BSE customer #710 here. Ordered last minute and figured I’d have about 2 years until I got it.

#5213 4 years ago

Hundreds of posts! Something cool must have dropped!

Oh it’s a bunch of bitching about order numbers. Thanks pinside.

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

The way I see it, most of these games are going to people who have some deep connection to the show or project. They are probably more meaningful to them than to any of us. Plus, those games are not likely ever going to see the light of day on the secondary market. Surprise! You actually bought a game that is going to be more scarce than you thought it would be!

10 years ago someone here bought Gates McFaddens still NIB STTNG that she received for doing the voicework on the game.

#5215 4 years ago

Spooky are nothing but a bunch of filthy liars.

Where do I even start?!!

First of all, guy says his name is Chuck... but it’s actually CHARLIE. Liar!!

They say their daughter is a squirrel, and their son is a bug. MORE LIES. I’ve met them both, and they are respectively a young woman, and a young man.

They also claim that Stern STOLE Godzilla from them. Godzilla is a giant goddamn monster. He never belonged to Spooky in the first place. LIES.

Finally, this whole launch has been incredibly misleading. I was under the impression that I was ordering a Rick and a Morty pinball machine for $7000. That’s $3500 for each machine, which would have been a good value... but look what Liar Liar Pants on fire Spooky did?! They just made ONE machine and put BOTH guys in the same machine. Cheap. Misleading, and very underhanded.

Why don’t you change the name to SNEAKY Pinball?!

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hundreds of posts! Something cool must have dropped!
Oh it’s a bunch of bitching about order numbers. Thanks pinside.

I just had the same experience. Went to see the new Star Wars, came home, WHAT HAPPENED!? Oh... Nevermind.

#5217 4 years ago

Just WOW! .... I assume #750 would be a Special BSE.... but that means <40 Standards!

Spooky Super LE!

#5218 4 years ago

So many BSE! That means the gray is the super rare version??

Snuffles Snowball (resized).jpgSnuffles Snowball (resized).jpg

#5219 4 years ago

Two hours and ten pages of pissing and moaning.

.... what the fuck did I do with that portal gun ....

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Two hours and ten pages of pissing and moaning.
.... what the fuck did I do with that portal gun ....

Yeah there are a lot of unrealistic people in this thread. This is the most games they have ever made of one theme, great to see them growing.

Anyone that has followed Spooky would understand their capacity, thus we can’t all have our games at once. They are a growing family business that is awesome to deal with. This will be my 5th Spooky pin, I’m just excited I could get one. If it takes 12 months then I have twelve months to look forward to it #422.

Happy days...chill out Pinside

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you guys want to start an AZ Rick and Morty club thread to help make every post on pin side Rick and Morty related?

I’m game.

#5222 4 years ago

Ok, a question for the collective. Where are the first places where the general public will be able to play the game?

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

On a side note, been thinking about doing something up here on New Years if anyone’s interested. Got around 25 pins set up in the house at the moment.
I’ll be driving out to my dads house in California on Saturday to pick up my Sorcerer and a Swords of Fury I’ve got stored over there so could probably have those two set up as well.
If there’s enough people interested I’ll start a separate post.
Nothing crazy, but was thinking pot luck style where everybody brings something and I’ll supply the booze.

#5224 4 years ago

Order Nr. 1869 bs build Nr. 357. Guess its a good spot for mature code and solid parts. Much better at least than first 50.

#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

10 years ago someone here bought Gates McFaddens still NIB STTNG that she received for doing the voicework on the game.

#5226 4 years ago

Some of you guys cleared ordered the wrong edition.

Upgrade to the Veruca Salt Edition please.

veruca (resized).pngveruca (resized).png
#5227 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

I reason I joined the fang club was to have a chance at purchasing the game. I figured that if I didn’t join then there was no way of getting one when purchases were made open to the public. I purchased a standard and am #722, so yeah, a long time before I get one but at least I got one.
Did most of the bse buyers buy early to 1) guarantee a butter cabinet and/or 2) get an early build?

I joined because it seemed like to me if I did not join I would not have an opportunity to purchase. Or possibly my early membership number would give me a better spot in line, I wasn't sure but for $45 I wasn't going to miss out.

#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

On a side note, been thinking about doing something up here on New Years if anyone’s interested. Got around 25 pins set up in the house at the moment.
I’ll be driving out to my dads house in California on Saturday to pick up my Sorcerer and a Swords of Fury I’ve got stored over there so could probably have those two set up as well.
If there’s enough people interested I’ll start a separate post.
Nothing crazy, but was thinking pot luck style where everybody brings something and I’ll supply the booze.

Will you have a R&M?

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Will you have a R&amp;M?

In spirit.

#5230 4 years ago

This tread is build up faster than i can read.
Is there any gameplay video?.

#5231 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

This tread is build up faster than i can read.
Is there any gameplay video?.

Yes, there’s a couple on Spookys YouTube.
https://m.youtube.com/user/SpookyPinball/videos

#5232 4 years ago

While we are all eagerly awaiting our new toys... take a look at their production facility.

Also notice in the below photo there seems to be a garage view to show you the status of your game. Is that a Meeseeks box?

80089064_2740462762681600_1977588137773236224_o (resized).jpg80089064_2740462762681600_1977588137773236224_o (resized).jpg
#5233 4 years ago

BSE #666
Order 2057

Happy that production and code should be nailed down by that point!

#5234 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Spooky are nothing but a bunch of filthy liars.
Where do I even start?!!
First of all, guy says his name is Chuck... but it’s actually CHARLIE. Liar!!
They say their daughter is a squirrel, and their son is a bug. MORE LIES. I’ve met them both, and they are respectively a young woman, and a young man.
They also claim that Stern STOLE Godzilla from them. Godzilla is a giant goddamn monster. He never belonged to Spooky in the first place. LIES.
Finally, this whole launch has been incredibly misleading. I was under the impression that I was ordering a Rick and a Morty pinball machine for $7000. That’s $3500 for each machine, which would have been a good value... but look what Liar Liar Pants on fire Spooky did?! They just made ONE machine and put BOTH guys in the same machine. Cheap. Misleading, and very underhanded.
Why don’t you change the name to SNEAKY Pinball?!

TNA tried to DQ me in tournament, they can’t do that! And super ramps!? LIOMAN!? LIARS!!

#5235 4 years ago

Is there an owners club thread yet, where those of us who were ok with rolling the dice on a spot in line and are just excited for the game in general can chat about things without whining?

#5236 4 years ago

This thread had two or three really loud whiny people in it, a handful who admitted surprise and a bit of disappointment but are still happy with their purchase, and then pretty much every post left is complaining about the whiners as if they represent all conversation here. Is it safe to just move on? If there is anything to take away from most of the unique posts here it's that most people who bought are happy with their purchase still.

#5237 4 years ago

Yeah the people who complain about whiners are just as bad as the whiners at this point.

Same issue with all those people claiming that Pinside is super toxic, when in fact it really isn't. People always overblow the negativity here, when in fact it is just a vocal minority running their mouth.

#5238 4 years ago

They closed a few because the game hasn’t shipped yet. We should decide on a name here for when it can become official.

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

We should decide on a name here for when it can become official.

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub seems obvious

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That or “Get Schwifty!”

#5241 4 years ago

All these new ads for spots. How much was a spot? I thought $1k or was is more?

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bruh; Wubba lubba dub club

#5243 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

very sorry, i'll go away.

29CA8AEA-A052-480B-AC9A-6C2D7E8160A9 (resized).jpeg29CA8AEA-A052-480B-AC9A-6C2D7E8160A9 (resized).jpeg
#5245 4 years ago

Order 1940 for BSE here. Time 10:16 am eastern. Machine 423

#5246 4 years ago

I just caught up 500+ posts really fast by only reading comments from Spooky employees.

#5247 4 years ago

I feel like I jumped through a portal where grown men whine and cry they can't have their toys now
What an F'd up alternate dimension

I don't have my number yet, but I win either way:
Low number and I get my machine early
High number and I get my machine after early kinks are worked out
Either way I get a Rick & Morty Pin!!!!!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

So far you are having the earliest launch party of anyone outside of Adult Swim with #120!!!!

No there are people who bought through distributors who got at least as low as the #40s. If you bought through a distributor you had a decent chance at getting one of the first 70+ non reserved games. Looks like buying direct #120 was the best you could do. Which contradicts the email we were sent. It’s not the end of the world but I wish Spooky would explain why what they said is not what actually happened.

I’ll gladly take my game when I get it, or if I’m lucky I’ll buy an earlier number at some point. But I also don’t think it’s unreasonable for us to ask spooky why what they told us how ordering and game numbers would work is not what actually happened.

#5249 4 years ago

I guess some people like to be in early like first weekend for a movie. It does not matter that much to me either way. I’m still waiting for my number but I’m assuming it’ll be in the middle somewhere my guess will be 300-400 ish.

However I do share the feeling of not knowing how the process played out with direct and distributer sales muddle the picture.

I guess once dealer numbers come out we’ll have some more clarity.

#5250 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just WOW! .... I assume #750 would be a Special BSE.... but that means &lt;40 Standards!
Spooky Super LE!

I don't have my number yet, but with a standard on order, I really don't need it. I know pretty much exactly which month my machine will be made

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 12,289 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/105?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.