• Latest reply 4 months ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

richard-lewis-and-larry-david-at-the-playboy-club (resized).png
#1 4 months ago

RIP Richard

He was just saying he left money for Larry David in his will....

richard-lewis-and-larry-david-at-the-playboy-club (resized).pngrichard-lewis-and-larry-david-at-the-playboy-club (resized).png

#2 4 months ago

So weird, this was last weeks show:

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Larry does not want to be in Richard Lewis' will

#5 4 months ago

Funny guy and will be nice to have the current curb season to say a proper goodbye.

#6 4 months ago

Legend

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So weird, this was last weeks show:
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Larry does not want to be in Richard Lewis' will

Yeah, I just watched the episode earlier in the week. Sad to hear. Great pic!

Candid camera, initial scene from the 60s

#8 4 months ago

That is such a good show. Not much in the modern world is allowed to be funny anymore. I will miss Richard's "arguments" with Larry. He brought me a lot of joy. RIP

#9 4 months ago

I was surprised how old he was, I guess we're all getting old. He always had a really funny stand up act back in the 80's,and perfect hair. Rest in Peace

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRealMartin:

That is such a good show. Not much in the modern world is allowed to be funny anymore.

Whenever some radio talk show host yells "You could never make All In The Family today!!!! It would be illegal. The producers would be rounded up and shot!!!!!" I always laugh how out of touch they are with modern entertainment.

Because Shameless (especially the US version) is like AITF times 1000. You are embarrassed that you are laughing at it, it's so off color.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

,and perfect hair.

He kept that crazy hair to the end!

#12 4 months ago

My first memory of him was when I watched Robin Hood Men in Tights as a kid. I didn't see him again until he showed up in Curb Your Enthusiasm. Surprised how memorable he was for me from that movie.

#13 4 months ago

Such a great guest on classic Stern in the late 80s and 90s. Looks like they’ve all been taken down from YouTube but this one on Daily Motion with the Jackie puppet is hilarious —

https://dai.ly/x7vv59t

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Such a great guest on classic Stern in the late 80s and 90s. Looks like they’ve all been taken down from YouTube but this one on Daily Motion with the Jackie puppet is hilarious —
https://dai.ly/x7vv59t

I just listened to that. So funny. Richard was so quick and always funny. Another one of the greats gone.

#15 4 months ago

Just learned about this through pinside .

Rest in peace, Richard Lewis.

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Whenever some radio talk show host yells "You could never make All In The Family today!!!! It would be illegal. The producers would be rounded up and shot!!!!!" I always laugh how out of touch they are with modern entertainment.
Because Shameless (especially the US version) is like AITF times 1000. You are embarrassed that you are laughing at it, it's so off color.

Yeah, but shameless is not on network TV.
RIP Richard Lewis

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yeah, but shameless is not on network TV.

Is that important to this discussion?

Is showtime not a network?

There were no other options other than OTA back then.

If it is somehow important to you, then I direct you to "Workin moms" for an OTA rooftop reception of pure hideousness.

Just the opening scene of the first episode alone would have cancelled AITF

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is that important to this discussion?
Is showtime not a network?
There were no other options other than OTA back then.
If it is somehow important to you, then I direct you to "Workin moms" for an OTA rooftop reception of pure hideousness.
Just the opening scene of the first episode alone would have cancelled AITF

Right you're comparing apples and oranges

#19 4 months ago

He was on Curb again this week. He looked so frail and not animated at all. Sad when you know this was the last thing he did on camera, but I'm sure he gave it his all. We will all get there sooner, or later.....RIP

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Right you're comparing apples and oranges

Hardly.

Norman Lear took the most outrageous themes each week, and got a rise out of viewers.

All the themes that Archy worried about back then are still the top ten **old man** worries today:

Immigrants
Transvestites
Old cars are the best
New music is not music
Women's health care
Homophobia
Gun control
Civil rights
Public assistance for the poor
Crime

50 years later, you could almost have a 24 hour network that runs those themes in a continuous loop

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

He was on Curb again this week. He looked so frail and not animated at all. Sad when you know this was the last thing he did on camera, but I'm sure he gave it his all. We will all get there sooner, or later.....RIP

Yeah, it was sad being reminded by the memorial at the beginning of the episode

#22 4 months ago

Oh dear . First saw Richard Lewis in Leaving Las Vegas, then years later in Curb, in which he is absolutely hilarious. RIP Richard.

#23 4 months ago

A Complete Timeline of Richard Lewis and Larry David Banter & Arguments (Curb Your Enthusiasm)

#24 4 months ago

Comedy world mourns the loss of Richard Lewis

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.