Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    mystery-man.jpg
    lthbh.jpg
    withvan.jpg
    04-25-sheila[1]-62.gif
    04-25-sheila[1].gif
    108853.jpg
    LetSleepingDogsLay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

You know what i like about RGP... There isnt 5000 threads about stuff that i don't care about (what stern put on FB, next new stern, MMR drama, Mod Mania, etc). I am obviously in the minority and i think i like this hobby for different reasons than most, which is totally cool. I like the technical repair side and RGP excelled at that. It is sad there isn't much traffic on RGP anymore, i really did enjoy posting there.

This times 1000!

2 weeks later
    #167 8 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Reliable!!??!!
    Certain RGPers were responsible for Clays Repair Guide being pulled from the web.IMHO there was no greater resource for tech knowledge than Clays guide.Talk about collective knowledge!!!!!!And now its unavailable.Really bad,and the community did it to itself.Thats what I remember most about RGP.That and bad seller posts.Actually as I sit here typing this I have zero positive memories of RGP.

Quoted from metallik:

I was gonna say, blaming a global community of thousands for the actions of one or two clowns messing with Clay?

Wow, gotta wonder if he ever actually read or posted on RGP in the heyday. Clay pulling the guides down was a chain reaction/result of the bozo(s) who posted stupid CL ads that resulted in Tilt Town getting closed down. Clay's guides are still available, you either need a log-in or can find older copies.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I thought he pulled them when he was trying to get donations using the guides for the Pacific Pinball Muesum. Then RGP attacked and the guides got pulled.

Close, IIRC he first put them behind a password protected site to get donations, and when everyone threw a shitfit he pulled them completely.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rgp-coming-back?tu=kbliznick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.