Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    mystery-man.jpg
    lthbh.jpg
    withvan.jpg
    04-25-sheila[1]-62.gif
    04-25-sheila[1].gif
    108853.jpg
    LetSleepingDogsLay.jpg
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

I read that FF is GONE. I then did a search and what do you know, no posts from him in several months. Wow. I then went and read a few threads. Just astounding the difference. Anyone else notice the RGP upswing and the absence of FF ? Anyone know what gives/where did he go?

#2 9 years ago

LetSleepingDogsLay.jpgLetSleepingDogsLay.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Lots of Pinside bashing already. Same dic* hedz, same crap. They can keep their freedom of Internet speech over there, it's wasted dribble.

Keeping in mind lot of guys who couldn't play nice here are hanging over there. You wanna be rudely spellchecked? Go over and type sumpin'. Don't agree with someone? Get ready to be insulted for 10 pages. Yada yada yada. :p

#4 9 years ago

I went on there for the first time in about 6 months... I read a few posts of which more than half of them were badmouthing pinside and its members...calling us crybaby and stuck up elite m 'fers... nothing constructive or helpful there

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I went on there for the first time in about 6 months... I read a few posts of which more than half of them were badmouthing pinside and its members...calling us crybaby and stuck up elite m 'fers... nothing constructive or helpful there

Yep. Long before FF popped up. He just aggravated the masses to extinction.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Now that FF is gone that is all the 10 guys over there have to do.
    Sad really but it seems like RGP is now Pinside's bozo bin.

#7 9 years ago

I have always felt that FF is a major player here as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the top posters and has a very different perception here.

#8 9 years ago

FF was just the last straw for most. There have been plenty of characters on RGP that ruined it for a lot of folks. To me, FF was not even as bad a Gary, but either way people could only take so much and moved on. We lost a lot of good folks that were very nice to chat with and very smart when it came to pinball. I miss those days, but I love it here on Pinside just as much. I also love the fact that we can actually post pictures on this site!!!

108853.jpg108853.jpg

Rob
    Robsgameroom.com

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I have always felt that FF is a major player here as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the top posters and has a very different perception here.

Yep.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

FF was just the last straw for most. There have been plenty of characters on RGP that ruined it for a lot of folks. To me, FF was not even as bad a Gary, but either way people could only take so much and moved on. We lost a lot of good folks that were very nice to chat with and very smart when it came to pinball. I miss those days, but I love it here on Pinside just as much. I also love the fact that we can actually post pictures on this site!!!

Rob
    Robsgameroom.com

108853.jpg 36 KB

At least like Tommy Toot Gary and The Bull were somewhat entertaining.
    Damon's vids are classics.

This one is prophetic.

My views.
    =)

#12 9 years ago

Not what, who. Just be thankful you don't know.

#13 9 years ago

The riddance of FF has definitely been a big improvement. RGP has always been and continues to be a great site for tech info as well.

- Tim

#14 9 years ago

Frank Further.

RGP seems a better place these days. I stopped logging in for 6+ months and had a look recently. In addition to a FF-Free environment, there is much less spam than before.

#15 9 years ago

FF was one of the major reasons I left RGP two years ago. How someone can be such a moron is beyond me.

QSS

#16 9 years ago

Once I came over here to Pinside I dropped RGP. I got tired of sifting through all the garbage and trolling over there.

#17 9 years ago

I have been to RGP occasionally, but haven't done much of any posting. The negativity got pretty bad so I found myself enjoying it less. But that started it all for me. Prior to RGP I never went to forums other than KLOV

#18 9 years ago

The name that shall not be spoken, something like voldemort, as no one wants to be the one that summoned back the asshat.

#19 9 years ago

I was surprised that one troll could be so devastating, but FF was just that. It was like someone poured blue ink in the milk. No matter how hard you try, it's hard to ignore.

It sure feels like he's here. I have one or two users that I could almost swear are him. I just forget occasionally because I have them on ignore.

#20 9 years ago

I found FF amusing at first, and the guy actually knows his EM stuff, but it did become tiring to read the same super cynical spam after awhile.

When Google screwed up their newsgroup reader and changed everything for the worse a few years ago is when I stopped going to RGP very often. It'll always be a great resource, lots of history and information there but sadly, I think newsgroups are sort of outdated now for general discussion.

And yet, there's so much spam on Pinside nowadays, it may be nice to enjoy the peace and quiet of RGP again...

#21 9 years ago

It's a great resource when you have an issue. that's the first place I look and alway find the fix. Those guys have been around pinball a long time.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I was surprised that one troll could be so devastating, but FF was just that. It was like someone poured blue ink in the milk. No matter how hard you try, it's hard to ignore.

I was active on RGP during the entire FF era, and the Gary era before that. And John Shields, and pretty much every other famous troll era since I started collecting (and posting there) in 1997. I can attest that if you don't like what someone is writing on the interwebs it is very easy to ignore them. You just ignore them. Not by applying a filter, just don't feed them with the responses that they are looking for.

I think the real reason FF got such a reaction out of the crowd is that there was enough of a hint of truth to what he was saying that it kept folks from being able to properly ignore him and they gave in to the bait.

I grew up with a younger sister so I learned early on how to dish it out to get a reaction out of someone. I also had an older brother so I also learned how to take it without giving the reaction he was wanting. I can only assume a lot of pinball collectors were only childs.

#23 9 years ago

There was a very ridiculous time about a year ago where the only thing anybody was doing on RGP was bitching childishly about PInside - either from the regulars, or from Pinside exiles.

That hasn't been the case for a long time.

Apparently it's moved over here and mirrored.

#24 9 years ago

Yes, but at least now you can post your lobster pics directly to threads here.

Steve

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apparently it's moved over here and mirrored.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Once I came over here to Pinside I dropped RGP. I got tired of sifting through all the garbage and trolling over there.

Good thing that doesn't happen here

Chris

#26 9 years ago

I like that Pinside has a marketplace, ratings of pins and more than just a forum. However, I still look at RGP daily and find helpful topics and knowledge about working on pins there. Unfortunately both RGP and Pinside do both have their trolls and immature response, but that seems true of just about any forum on any topics at all. I just skip those as much as possible.

#27 9 years ago

If pinball manufacturing was dead altogether, and machines were worth nothing, much like vids, you would see much more friendly forums, much more like what RGP was like late 90s to early 2000s.

There are so many different levels of competitiveness when there is money involved.

#28 9 years ago

And who could forget Karlzona?

#29 9 years ago

Flipper fidelity is out of business?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from mechslave:

When Google screwed up their newsgroup reader and changed everything for the worse a few years ago is when I stopped going to RGP very often.

This was also a huge detraction for me. The new reading format in your browser killed the groups and made them unreadable at times.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from mechslave:

I found FF amusing at first

That is the attitude that kept it going.

After suffering all the major trolls for years, I too drifted away.

It just wasn't worth it.

#32 9 years ago

Well I encourage those of you who have abandoned the old girl to check in again. It will never be Pinside, but at least now you can chat up someof the old heads without fear of a FF bomb.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Modman:

And who could forget Karlzona?

Karl was mad as a hatter but his PF work was incredible and he didn't charge as much as you paid for the game to do it.
    Even the shipping crate was a work of art.

#34 9 years ago

Let's hope more people come back now.

#35 9 years ago

I tapped out a couple of years ago because of FF, Nike spam, Pinside bashing and just the overall lack of posts over there.

Checked it out yesterday and laughed out loud at the Pinside conspiracy theory being floated over there regarding FF.

I'll check back there again in a year to two.

#36 9 years ago

I think Lloyd is correct, I was just reading FF may in fact have been PA. Someone took the time to look for FF last post date. The date was April 9, PA passed on that date. It's awful strange the dates match up perfect. I guess FF hasn't been seen since the 9th. That's real entertainment if accurate.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I think Lloyd is correct, I was just reading FF may in fact have been PA. Someone took the time to look for FF last post date. The date was April 9, PA passed on that date. It's awful strange the dates match up perfect. I guess FF has been seen since the 9th. That's real entertainment if accurate.

WHO is PA?

I get FF, but the damn acronyms are confusing (unless it is for pins).

Chris

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

WHO is PA?
    I get FF, but the damn acronyms are confusing (unless it is for pins).
    Chris

Python Anghelo

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is the attitude that kept it going.
    After suffering all the major trolls for years, I too drifted away.
    It just wasn't worth it.

For whatever reason, he took messing with you to an entirely unnecessary and cruel level. That's when I signed up on Pinside and haven't looked back since.

Also, why were some people referring to him as "Todd Nathan"?

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Yes, but at least now you can post your lobster pics directly to threads here.
    Steve

Lmao

#41 9 years ago

This is on RGP after P.A. passed away. I did not think FF was PA not even for a minute.

Frank Furhter
    Apr 9
    - show quoted text -
    A wacky, and by many accounts pathological guy. RIP.

#42 9 years ago

I have never been to RGP. Anyone have link?

#43 9 years ago

Just Google RGP Pinball

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

This is on RGP after P.A. passed away. I did not think FF was PA not even for a minute.

Frank Furhter
    Apr 9
    - show quoted text -
    A wacky, and by many accounts pathological guy. RIP.

Actually I think FF was pranking, maybe people took it way to personal. You know like here?

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Well I encourage those of you who have abandoned the old girl to check in again. It will never be Pinside, but at least now you can chat up someof the old heads without fear of a FF bomb.

But there is a possibility you could get PLONKED and kicked off Cody's lawn.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Just google rec.games.pinball

#47 9 years ago

I never found PP to be pranking. He was rude, hostile, insincere and a lot of,other names I won't type here. When he gave his "apology" I hoped he ease up. If anything, he became more obnoxious and entitled. I'm very tolerant of humor, even some that's a bit crude. He wasn't funny to me but cruel and like put to others down and "mister my opinion is better than yours and if you don't believe that you're wrong." I believe he ran off many new and veteran hobbyists from RGP. Sad it took them so long to ban him, but glad they finally did or whatever it was that he's no longer writing on RGP.

Read the definition of Borderline Personality Disorder on Wikipedia or elsewhere and you'll see he had most of the characteristics of it. Don't know if he is or was, but possible.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

For whatever reason, he took messing with you to an entirely unnecessary and cruel level. That's when I signed up on Pinside and haven't looked back since.
    Also, why were some people referring to him as "Todd Nathan"?

At one time he was outed and it appears TN was his real name. He disappeared for a while when that happened but eventually returned.

#49 9 years ago

Gary Tate on the alt.cable.tv group was a legendary troll back in the 2000s. Same as FF. You just killfile them and they no longer exist.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rec.games.pinball

Cut and paste the entire line because the "!" kills the link......

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rgp-coming-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.