Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 992 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ecurtz
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8545 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8748 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8627 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_20160506_082356_(resized).jpg
    pin2dmd_(resized).jpg
    on_comparison_(resized).jpg
    on_100_(resized).jpg
    on_50_(resized).jpg
    on_20_(resized).jpg
    off_comparison_(resized).jpg
    off_100_(resized).jpg
    off_50_(resized).jpg
    off_20_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160325_191509_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tezting.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#407 8 years ago
    Quoted from lucky1:

PIN2DMD interface with dual Hub75 output pcb from UncleSash to drive 2 panels.
    » YouTube video

I want to replace my DMD in my T2 with this

#414 8 years ago

Thank you. But what about Europe? I see only US or am I misunderstanding something?

#417 8 years ago

What is the must smooth/nice looking power supply setup? (WPC)
    It would be nice if it could be connected without another power cable going to the machine?

#420 8 years ago
    Quoted from ecurtz:

You can't hook it into the 5v supply on a WPC machine. The panels take too much current and you'll get resets or a blown 5v fuse. You'll either need to provide an additional supply of some kind or step down one of the other voltages.

Yes I could understand that I could not use the original 5v.
    I am thinking about how to hook it up so it looks smooth? Can an extra power adapter be hooked up with the existing power switch? Maybe be placed in the back box? Or is the step down the way to go? Could the original DMD board be used?
    Maybe my question is a little to early in the process? Or has someone done it?

3 weeks later
    #513 8 years ago

This project is so awesome. In my opinion this is the only real DMD upgrade because it keeps the spirit and charm of the original DMD. I don't want lcd DMD emulation on a machine that original had DMD. Maybe that is just me...
    Keep up the good work! Can't wait to put this in my T2

2 weeks later
    #729 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Please remove this private communication from the forum. It has been taken out of context and there is no agreement in place between ColorDMD and Pin2DMD regarding the use of our IP.

Behavior like this and indirectly complaining about competition has a very negative effect on me. I don't think I will buy any ColorDMD after seeing this.

2 weeks later
    #788 8 years ago
    Quoted from lucky1:

Here is one of the reasons why we introduced the activation system:
    http://www.pinballsp.com
    He recently introduce his own pcb to sell with our software without even asking for permission.
    We will make sure that not one of his pcbs will work with PIN2DMD

WTF?
    I don't understand the language, what is he trying to do?

#815 8 years ago

I think it is sad that all the awesomeness of this thread is getting killed by discussion of open source

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tezting.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rgb-led-panels-for-dmd-replacement?tu=tezting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.