image.jpg
photo.JPG
_MG_2857 (800x533).jpg
_MG_2855 (800x533).jpg
_MG_2856 (800x533).jpg
_MG_2853 (800x533).jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

Recently I completed a restore on a RFM I bought and I have two things I can't figure out.

The First is the cover in the bottom of the cabinet that protects the boards. There is a spring that is attached to the black cover that helps to hold the black cover open. My black cover is broken where the spring attaches and I am not sure how it attaches to the speaker. Can anyone help me figure this out and post a couple of pictures to help me get this fixed.
_MG_2853 (800x533).jpg_MG_2853 (800x533).jpg
_MG_2856 (800x533).jpg_MG_2856 (800x533).jpg
_MG_2855 (800x533).jpg_MG_2855 (800x533).jpg

The second problem I have is this wire gate. This was in the bottom of the cabinet so I am not sure if it is actually from RFM's. I tried to figure out where it went while doing the restore but I still have not found a location for it. Can anyone help me locate where it goes and maybe post a picture of its location.
_MG_2857 (800x533).jpg_MG_2857 (800x533).jpg

Also, dose anyone have a picture of where the goodie bag was stapled inside the cabinet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

QSS

#2 10 years ago

The gate looks like it's from RFM at the back of the ball lock upkicker, underneath the right ramp.

#3 10 years ago

Im missing the spring for the cover to the motherboard inside the cabinet. But it looks as the piece you need is cracked

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#4 10 years ago

Yeah my piece is definitely cracked. I was hoping someone could post a picture of how their spring is attached and if the spring connects back to the speaker or to somewhere else. I'm going to try and make some repairs to my black cover but I just want to understand how the spring is supposed to attach.

Anyone else have some pictures? Thanks.

QSS

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

The gate looks like it's from RFM at the back of the ball lock upkicker, underneath the right ramp.

Damn, I think that's it. I just had a look under there and there is 2 holes on either sider of the steel guides under there. That's gotta be it, now I just gotta figure out how to get the piece in there without tearing down a bunch of stuff.

Thanks Grauwulf, I appreciate it.

QSS

#6 10 years ago

I just finished putting the gate in. I only had to take off a couple of parts and one ramp, took about 20 minutes. Now I can stop stressing about this detail. Thanks again for the help.

QSS

#7 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-649.jpgimage-649.jpg

#8 10 years ago

here's a photo of mine with the spring attached

IMG_2879.JPGIMG_2879.JPG

here's the back end of the spring where it's attached to the bottom of the cabinet (right side of the speaker)

IMG_2880.JPGIMG_2880.JPG

the section of pvc pipe that covers it is to keep anything electrical from shorting out against the metal spring

#9 10 years ago

Awesome, thanks so much Miniflipper and J_M_. That helps allot, now I can make some repairs and get this fixed in my machine.

So finally, does anyone have a goodie bag location picture that they can show me?

Thanks

QSS

#10 10 years ago

I don't have any staple marks on the bag for the sealed goodie bag that I have. were they just included in the coinbox for p2k?

#11 10 years ago

Mine was HUO and the goodie bag was in the coin box, as it was when the original owner bought it.

Chris

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't have any staple marks on the bag for the sealed goodie bag that I have. were they just included in the coinbox for p2k?

I've got a goodie bag that was not opened but it has 2 staple marks in it. I've tried to match up the staple marks with the staples in the cabinet and I can only find one spot it might have been attached but that particular location doesn't make sense to me.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Mine was HUO and the goodie bag was in the coin box, as it was when the original owner bought it.
Chris

Anyone else have a HUO that had the goodie bag in the coin box?

Thanks for your responses guys.

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfmswe1-help-needed-with-the-fix-of-2-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.