Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Mocean
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have the pot all the way tool the right but the image is still a little left. I've seen posts referring to a reset "button" on 'the side if the monitor board" --what board!? Where is this button?

#2 9 years ago

the adjustment pots for a ducksan (in mine) are in the front (accessible when you remove the translite).

however, there is a board for the monitor that the vga cable and flyback connects to in the back. you may want to open up the back of the backbox and check there.

#3 9 years ago

Okay, to be clear: my adjustment pots are in the front too (behind the translite, obviously) however even with the dial all the way to the right, it still isn't far enough. I'm curious where on the board in her back I can find these other adjustments. When I looked last night (from the front with a flashlight), I didn't see anything that looked user adjustable.

I've also seen old newsgroup posts that reference a reset /button/ on that board way back there and I was curious if that was real.

Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

Why is there no schematic or overview for the monitor board in the Revenge from Mars manual? Is it because they felt that the WG monitor was a standard enough part to OPs that they didn't need to document it? I find it really odd.

#5 9 years ago

Most of the time there is a separate manual for the monitor. Browse the monitor forums at klov.com for more help with arcade monitors. Somebody over there may have a pdf of the manual too.

#6 9 years ago

http://www.pinball2000.de/pin2000_monitor.htm

Found schematics for both types of monitors here. I still don't see anything obvious for adjustment of horiz position on the main video board. Maybe I just missed it when I looked at the physical board.

2 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

Well, just to wrap this up I found an unlabelled toggling push button on the monitor board so I toggled it a few times. When I powered up, the image was near center and I was able to readjust with the adjustment board up front and got the image where I wanted it.

I'll try to take a picture of the button. I'd love to know what it actually did...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Well, just to wrap this up I found an unlabelled toggling push button on the monitor board so I toggled it a few times. When I powered up, the image was near center and I was able to readjust with the adjustment board up front and got the image where I wanted it.
I'll try to take a picture of the button. I'd love to know what it actually did...

IIRC, that monitor has a sync polarity button. That will cause a shift in the picture, but it really should be set correctly (negative) for stability.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

IIRC, that monitor has a sync polarity button. That will cause a shift in the picture, but it really should be set correctly (negative) for stability.

I'll bet that's exactly what it was. How would I go about finding out how one sets it to the correct setting, given the manual is a scant three pages and has no reference to it anywhere? What's the "bad thing" that can occur from having this set wrong?

I guess I'd also have to find out the sync polarity of the ArcadeVGA card, as well.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MO
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfmp2k-reset-horizontal-alignment-on-wg-monitor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.