Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RoyF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just got a RFM that I need to fix up and upon powering on, the translight fluorescent lights up along with some LEDs on the board under the pf, I get neck glow from the CRT, and I can hear the CPU fan. Other than that, I get no picture on the CRT and no pf/cab lights (GI or Controlled). I looked at the board under the pf and pulled out the computer, and all seems to be connected properly. I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything Pin2000, so any ideas where to start looking first?

#2 8 years ago

> Check power supply voltages in spec with a DMM
> Reseat prism card

http://www.pinball2000.de/no_boot.htm

#3 8 years ago

Does the cpu have a switch on the front? I have a NUCORE, so I have to turn on the PC separately - maybe the original unit also has a pc power switch.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Does the cpu have a switch on the front? I have a NUCORE, so I have to turn on the PC separately - maybe the original unit also has a pc power switch.

Good call arpman, forgot about that one.

That is also in the doc link I sent:

"C) COMPUTER CASE CHECK
1) check whether the red button in front front of the computer case is pressed down"

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

> Check power supply voltages in spec with a DMM
> Reseat prism card
http://www.pinball2000.de/no_boot.htm

That is one awesome checklist!

Looks like I might just be looking at a bad battery. Gonna run and pick one up and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

#6 8 years ago

Did that fix it?

1 week later
#7 8 years ago

So I had replaced the battery a while back, but was still left with the same issue which was it was trying to search for a floppy drive. I knew I needed to get into the BIOS, but had to get a keyboard with that old school, large circular connection (not the ps/2 but the older type). Anyways, yesterday I finally had all the parts and got into the BIOS to disable the floppy drive. Put the comp back into RFM today and it boots right up perfectly.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the help!

#8 8 years ago

Good work!...now save the planet!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

That is one awesome checklist!

Yes. Thank you Martin Wiest!

Just FYI, there is another coin cell battery in RFM, this one on the PRISM card. You have to separate the PRISM sandwich to get to it. I think it is a bit heftier battery as compared to the one on the RFM motherboard and as such it lasts longer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-wont-boot-no-picture-no-pf-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.