(Topic ID: 219542)

RFM we shipped to customer has something disconnected-suggestions?

By toddtuckey

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by toddtuckey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image6 (resized).jpeg
image3 (resized).jpeg
image8 (resized).jpeg
image5 (resized).jpeg
image2 (1) (resized).jpeg

#1 11 months ago

We shipped this Revenge from Mars to a customer mid April. We left the head attached and placed flat on a pallet so they would not have to take the head off...and just bolt legs on. It arrived fine and once set up, it appeared dead. Turned out the on/off switch behind the backglass had gotten nudged by the glass during shipment and once pushed, it fired up fine. The next day he turned it on, it appeared dead again. But the computer had the little led lit on the front near the on off switch. And the florescent light comes on and a few red leds and one green on board in bottom. The front door interlock is fine....had him check the wires going to both switches...no picture on monitor and no playfield lights come on. Customer went over all connectors he found. The computer has new power supply and fan and battery...and the fans run and the computer does have its usual lights. I had him reseat the prism board too for good measure, but with no change.
So I had him send the computer back to us and it worked instantly in our Star Wars Episode One...we left it on for a day and turned it on and off numerous times too.
He got it back hooked everything up, and still has no picture, sound, or playfield activity. this really has us perplexed!
Any ideas? It just seems that we missed something...that obviously got loose from shipping, since it worked briefly. Has anyone run into anything like this when it was NOT the computer? When we took the playfield completely out of our star wars, we still got a picture on the monitor. Monitor was rebuilt here at TNT.
Anyone here near Pique (above Dayton) Ohio hat may want to do a service call that knows this system a bit? Email me tntquality@aol.com Todd Tuckey from TNT Amusements

image2 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpeg
#2 11 months ago

Todd,
You might want to post in the below thread. I’m sure someone reading it will be able to help you.

John

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-in-ohio-right-now

#3 11 months ago

If you have a good relationship with Trent from tilt or Tom from TNT they're both semi local and may help you out. I know nothing about the system, but I do know the owner of the machine and not that it's in question, but he's a great guy.

1 month later
#4 9 months ago

I wanted to followup with what was wrong with this machine...I waited for two full weeks to make sure nothing else developed. Dr Scott did a house call for these folks for me (he had sold them games previously). He was armed with logic, bottom board, and monitor...but needed none of them. Apparently, in shipping, the power wire from the computer was hanging down near the monitor chassis (they are all very close) and the high voltage was spiking the computer so it would appear to be on (lights internally) but not start or display anything on monitor and playfield remained off. Simply by rerouting that ac power wire from the computer in the head, allowed the game to start up fine. I thought this was most unusual, since in a Megatouch machine with the picture tube, all the wires are so close to the monitor and we never had something like that happen...but of course its a different computer
Perhaps this tip will help others down the road! Thanks to Dr Scott too!! Todd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Riverside, CA
$ 40.00
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 399.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Hillsboro, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Granger, WASHINGTON STATE

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside