• Latest reply 7 years ago by lurch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bestofthebunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have an RFM that boots fine, plays ok and then after approx an hour stops running and screen goes blank and game stops. I then switch off and back on after couple of minutes and it runs ok again. I havnt timed how long before it freezes again so will do so today. CPU and power supply fans both running and the capacitors all look new. Any ideas what to look at next ??

#3 7 years ago

Hi I did that before and so moved it to the other slot and same issue. Left machine today on and it froze on high score screen (has frozen here before) after 1 1/2 hours. I turned it off and back in and booted fine again. Have left on now for an hour and still ok but will report back if it freezes up again.

#5 7 years ago

Ok about 1 1/2 hours again frozen on high score screen, PRISM card LED [D50] flashing but no Playfield lights or response from diagnostic buttons. Switched off machine and back on and did not boot and LED solid no picture / etc. Switched off and back on 3 times and now booted up and running again. The machine is running on Version 1.5.

#6 7 years ago

Capacitors on CPU board all new, temp of CPU chip is fine and fan working perfect. I'll check the Power Supply voltages when it stops next time to see if the voltages are low, and open the power supply to see if any of the caps have bulged tops too.

#9 7 years ago

It's running a GX board so it's jumpered.

J2. 4-6 3-5

Also voltage is set to 2.9 as the GX needs this. Is it worth upping voltage to 3.0v?

#10 7 years ago

Here is the power supply, just one question should the fan extract air from power supply or blow it into the unit

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#12 7 years ago

its cool today (only 17oC) so no issues with heat and CPU box has lid off to assist cooling. CPU chip is cool to touch as well. I'll push home all the connections to see if it stops it freezing and report back.

#13 7 years ago

Upped voltage straps to 3.0v and pushed home all connectors. Lasted 1 1/2 hours again and froze again. Took Prism card out and detached ROM board. Checked battery and voltage good. Also checked battery on main board and ok too. Switched back on now and see if it lasts longer than 1 1/2 hours.

#15 7 years ago

I checked voltages and all look good. I don't understand why it takes 1 1/2 hrs to stop running and after only a couple of minutes it starts again ok and lady's for another 1 1/2 hrs. I'd have thought it would fail in a much shorter time if you re-start it just after its failed. All the caps have been changed, albeit by someone (not me) soldering the new ones to the legs of the old ones to save time removing the circuit board!!!!

#17 7 years ago

Cheers lurch, does the power supply have the same connectors as the existing to fit the RFM CPU board

#18 7 years ago

Well since I re-plugged the ROM board into the Prism card its lasted almost 2 hrs without freezing. Let's leave it another 1/2 hour before I go to bed. If it's still ok then I'll turn it back on in the morning and leave it powered all morning to see if it has sorted the issue. Fingers crossed here

#20 7 years ago

No issues since re-plugging the Prism board and ROM board together and now 6hrs without issue. I'll leave it on for the rest of the day to check no reoccurrence ......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bestofthebunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-stops-running?tu=bestofthebunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.