You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

updates.JPG
Capture.JPG
Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rajung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I currently have 1.2 version
I did get a 9 pin null cable and connected to PC with windows vista home version.
Installed pinball 2000 update manager ( V1.3) program to upgrade software to 1.5 from 1.2
I have the update manager running in compatibility mode for win 95 and installed and running fine.
When I click on connect to game on the program it runs and says 1.2 version installed.
I did download the 1.5 sound and program file
When I click on the drive letter of where the file is and scan it says scan/copy of update file failed
thanks for any advice on what may be my issue.

#5 11 years ago

Initially I unzipped and didnt get it to work.
I just tried and d/l the file again without unzipping and put it on a thumb drive but it does the same thing. Cant find files error ,Is the sound and program file only 2.24mb?
Seems to me kind of small and maybe a incomplete download
thanks again

#8 11 years ago

I ran program in Xp service pack 2 and didn't help
I also downloaded 1.4 sound and program file and ran that
instead of giving me an error / copy failed when doing scan of drive file is on, it just says scan complete but nothing pops up, as if no files exist.
I am d/l the files from planetary pinball
I have tried these both zipped and unzipped.
Do I just need the sound/program file?
Also just tried sound file separately, and same thing
thanks

#10 11 years ago

I downloaded the sound/program file onto my win 7 64 computer and transferred to a thumb drive.
My other pc is win vista which has the manager update program installed.
I ran that program and connected to the machine and shows that 1.2 version is installed, so that part works.Once I click on scan drive for program update,directing it to the drive letter of the thumb drive, it errors right away,the error shows the update version in the string followed by a a long set of numbers.I also copied and pasted the program,opened up C drive and placed directly there but still get the same errors.The error line I get, I think is just the long file name

#12 11 years ago

just tried that and no go.
What a PIA

#14 11 years ago

I put it on desk top and tried, and opened up C drive and placed it there.Either location shows C:\users\....
I wonder even though the program update manager works, that the file itself cant be read correctly
by a Vista based pc trying to run in comparability mode for other software which it wasn't intended for.
Here is the file/files just in case I am doing/loading something wrong
I have just copied /pasted the program unzipped but just to eliminate I did try unzipping and that wouldn't work also..

Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot1.jpg Screenshot2.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

#16 11 years ago

Thanks
I just put it there and will try hooking it all back up in a short while.
I did notice though,the zipped file as highlighted in your screen shot has a .exe extension as mine does not.I didn't want to change the file name but might have to add that

#19 11 years ago

OK, well it didn't work anyway
still get the following after clicking on scan drive for updates

SCAN/COPY OF UPDATE FILE FAILED

c:\PIN2000_50070_0150_07252000_B_10000000.EXE:0

as far as switching pc's, the other one is a Vista operating system Vista home version 32bit, no XP available
I am running the program in compatibility mode as both win 98 and Xp.The update program 1.3 runs in the vista machine but I am thinking the update file 1.5 wont work on the vista one regardless what compatibility mode its in

#22 11 years ago

Thanks
I will try that and I am running out of options.
One thing I am doing,I have/remembered that I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista installed as a upgrade from XP that I did free upgrade at the time when purchased.I still have the XP disc so right now I am formatting back to XP, hopefully it takes.Was going to junk this thing but may find new use for it again.Though luck has it, no rs232 9 pin serial port, but I do have a USB to rs232 adapter
never had much luck with those things but maybe this time.Thanks all for tagging along.Ice storm heading through and lights are a flicking, What else.

#27 11 years ago

The USB to serial rs232 adapter cable I have has male pins, the 10' 9 pin null cable I have is female on both ends, am I assuming that the null modem cable you are referring to would not be need then?
But actually it doesn't matter anyway,I did get XP installed back into the laptop but the serial/usb cable wont install correctly since it cant load drivers for it and it never came with a disc.
I went ahead and ordered a RS-232 PCMCIA Card for the laptop,hopefully it works like a installed port
thanks all

#29 11 years ago

any one have info on how to upgrade unseeing a Prism Update Board? just looking at more options.
I see "pinballsparepartsaustralia" has some
thanks

#31 11 years ago

well after a bunch of trial and mostly error I have finally got the program updated from 1.2 to 1.5
Using a reverted windows Vista back to Windows Xp operating system on a laptop I had,Installing / plug in style RS232 serial port buscard into slot and changing the default comm port it installed itself into from comm port 4 to comm port 1 it finally decided to work.
For me, I have never had luck with USB to anything convertors/adapters trying to fool the computer into thinking it has something it doesn't.
Just want to thank those who did post help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rajung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-software-update-problem?tu=rajung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.