6-3-2017 9-34-27 AM (resized).jpg
My Pinballs RFM Mod (resized).jpg
IMG_3709_(resized).JPG
IMG_3861_(resized).JPG
IMG_3860_(resized).JPG
IMG_3858_(resized).JPG
IMG_3856_(resized).JPG
IMG_3701_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 9 years ago

nice, professional looking kit. I'm in for one as well

ps
did you decide to do anything with a clear or semi opaque piping to bring the light from the SMDs on the saucer boards up to the holes in the saucers themselves?

#94 9 years ago

anxiously awaiting notification that my 2nd payment portion is due so that I know mine will be coming soon

1 week later
#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Waiting on my shipment notification!

same here!

#107 9 years ago

no shipping info email for me I have just sent you a [real] email with all of the details

1 month later
#131 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I added acrylic "pins" to the saucer holes to try and bring the light up to the surface of the saucers better. I used a 1/8" acrylic rod cut into approximately 1/4" pieces that I pushed down in the holes in the saucer to rest on top of the RGB LEDs. I took some video (I hope one of the links below works), but it really does not show the difference it makes as well as seeing it in person.
http://vid191.photobucket.com/albums/z223/rviguet/20150119180934%201_zpsxdhdzsnw.mp4
Edited to remove the bad links.

this is exactly what I was asking applejuice about. great job! (I was going to design something 3D printed to hold the rods, but it appears that would have been overkill.

I've ordered 5 1' length pieces off of ebay, but will only need 6" (at best) for myself. depending on how easily it is to cut and polish I may offer up the remaining stock pre-cut, polished and ready to install if applejuice doesn't have any issues with that

1 month later
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Just a quick update on the website side of things. I am working on getting the new registration page up and running for current owners, along with the future features comment form. As a recap this section will also be the place to download future software updates for the product.
Thanks.
Also, please continue to upload your installation and in game pics, or videos

excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing an update with new light patterns

1 week later
#153 9 years ago

any update on when we may see an update for the software?

possible suggestion: light patterns that match what the mothership lights are doing?

2 weeks later
#169 9 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I am also investigating some 3d printer options with a friend of mine for custom saucer plastics, as alternatives to the stock pps remade ones.

just an fyi:
the buyers of this mod can re-use the original saucers from their machines. the glue holding the original green domes isn't that strong that you can't break it free from from the saucer (you just need to be really, really careful).

one of the domes from my machine (prior to purchasing the mod) had 3 of the 4 locking tabs broken off, so I had to purchase a new dome and I was able to separate the 2 parts to swap domes.

#175 9 years ago

looking forward to see those aluminium saucers!

1 week later
#179 9 years ago

they look great. I like the stippled metal look . I would definitely be in for a set of the metal grey ones

1 month later
#237 8 years ago
Quoted from insx:

How about 3mm fibre optic cable to bring the light up?

3mm acrylic rods cost about $5 for five 8" long pieces. sure, it's a bit of work to cut them down and finish them so that the light defuses correctly, but a lot cheaper than fibre optic cable.

ebay.com link: 5x Extruded Acrylic Plexiglass Rod Clear 3mm 1 8in x 203mm 8in LED Li DE4693

#241 8 years ago

I picked up acrylic rods but haven't had time to mod my saucers yet. my thought is to add some shielding (possibly 3D printed) on the underside to eliminate the light "leaking". I'll post pics when I finally get around to it. (not a lot of pinball-related stuff gets done in the summertime)

#256 8 years ago

if the cuts are not curved (or rounded), a jig could be made to perform the following:
- make the cut (at the proper angle) on the one end
- flip the acrylic rod around into a channel (that is the proper length) with a matching angle to hold the rod in the proper orientation to make the 2nd cut

4 months later
#271 8 years ago

just out of curiosity, how to you re-program the controller?

I'm assuming that you need a mini-usb type cable to plug into the little board, but what else?
is there a software package that you need to install? do you have to remove the controller board from the mod first?

maybe this is all on your website (which is blocked from work), but it would be nice if there was an instructional guide on how to do this

#273 8 years ago

I logged into my account today but I'm not seeing any software updates available. are these still forthcoming?

3 weeks later
#275 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Update: I have a code update to release for the system. This release is v1.1.0:

I will also be making the software available via my website using your account if you have registered your kit with the supplied serial number.

still not seeing the update available for download. any updates?

#277 8 years ago

thank you

1 year later
#312 6 years ago

what does the version 1.1.0 software update do and how do you update the board?

#314 6 years ago

thanks. not sure how I missed that a year ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-rgb-saucer-mod-in-development?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.