547A37F5-9033-42B3-B119-E8E0299F5607 (resized).jpeg
5313A559-6206-4666-BBD8-069C4F19A9BD (resized).jpeg
0454B102-F01B-4AAC-ABE2-DF08F4A8197D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2058 (resized).JPG
IMG_2059 (resized).JPG
32C3EC8D-2765-402C-B3D7-9726872E5025 (resized).jpeg
FE7C04DD-00F3-4476-93B1-9ED93B661EF3 (resized).jpeg
#1 9 years ago

I was surprised to see that there was not a thread for RFM, and with it being such a cool game, and with tons of history, mods, and various questions and such floating around, I thought it would be nice for there to there to be a thread for us to checkout and collaborate and such.

#2 9 years ago

p2k is phenomenal in every sense. Still is the most innovative step in pinball since the ramp was introduced. Love it, and love what it could have been. Possibilities are endless. SHame it didn't get it's true test.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

p2k is phenomenal in every sense. Still is the most innovative step in pinball since the ramp was introduced. Love it, and love what it could have been. Possibilities are endless. SHame it didn't get it's true test.

Well said; I couldn't agree more!

#4 9 years ago

I have wanted a RFM for a while, and got mine today. I am so happy with it!

#5 9 years ago

This is a kick ass pin. Always a favorite when I have people over. There is also a fan club already started for RFM. It was hidden in the weeds:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this

There is a lot of good info on it

#6 9 years ago

Whoops...I didn't mean to duplicate! I did look through and didn't see any thing that mentioned it was a club in the title, so I thought there was nothing. Even reading the title now, I would have still not have assumed it was strictly an owners/fan club.
Again, sorry all for the duplicate!

#7 9 years ago

No worries, this thread may be even better with the topic title that pops out for folks looking. The Hillary one does have great intel in it though that answered a lot of my questions that I had when I first picked up RFM.

2 months later
#8 9 years ago

Hi guys, I have had my Rfm for about 6 months and have had great fun, the kids favourite is the Martian bar, but sadly while I was playing the game it suddenly turned off and started to reboot on its own, but would only go as far as validating screen. The game won't boot up past that, pc and fan are running. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#9 9 years ago

I bought mine last year. It took a while to get it working, and now I am finally starting the shop. I REALLY wish that all pins were built like this. It is just really well made, and the engineers actually tried to make it easy to work on. To remove the left ramp, you unplug 3 sets of wires, remove two screws, and remove 2 nuts. The whole thing pops right out. I love it!

4 years later
#10 4 years ago

Wow, this is a dusty old club. Figured I’d post this here because it applies to this game too.

I use a “bent plastic” dmd glare guard on my Star Wars Episode 1 to eliminate the translite glare from the playfield glass.

32C3EC8D-2765-402C-B3D7-9726872E5025 (resized).jpeg32C3EC8D-2765-402C-B3D7-9726872E5025 (resized).jpegFE7C04DD-00F3-4476-93B1-9ED93B661EF3 (resized).jpegFE7C04DD-00F3-4476-93B1-9ED93B661EF3 (resized).jpeg
#11 4 years ago

that's odd, I've never had an issue with glare from the translite obscuring the glass on my RFM

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

that's odd, I've never had an issue with glare from the translite obscuring the glass on my RFM

I am 6’4” and I see a little bit of translite glare on my glass. Glare may vary by player height, but SWE1 is one game you don’t want to see a tiny bit of glare.

#13 4 years ago

I just played a game of my Star Wars and here's a pic with the glare guard off and then on. I would have to be maybe 6'6" at least to not see the translite reflection on the playfield.
IMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2059 (resized).JPGIMG_2059 (resized).JPG

#15 4 years ago

Well, that makes sense. Seemed like this club should have way more activity even for a 21 year old game.

Duplicate post commencing in that thread.

4 months later
#16 3 years ago

Hi guys,
I need some buying advice, Im thinking about buying rfm, but the monitor isn't that bright and the lady said it was maybe time to change the monitor. Is there a way I could save the monitor, things I should check first, and is there a replacement monitor? I heard something about LCD, what is the cost of an LCD monitor, and is it easy to install?
Regards,

3 months later
#17 3 years ago

On my Revenge from Mars, all the lamps in one matrix column go out intermittently, and when I touch the wire connector to the lamp board, they start working again. The diagnostic says the column lights are "open" when they are off but supposed to be on. Does this mean the wire have a ground problem somewhere in the machine or is the connector bad? I've already ordered a new connector. I have a video of the sparking if that

Thank you!

5 months later
2 years later
#19 1 year ago

not the most active topic on PinSide, but I’ll give it a try.
I found this sheet of uncut plastics for RFM a long time ago on eBay. Still has the protective plastic over the plexi.
i don’t have the machine anymore.
I forget what I paid for it - I can’t say I’ve seen another sheet of uncut plastics for any machine.
ideas on value ?
Thanks

0454B102-F01B-4AAC-ABE2-DF08F4A8197D (resized).jpeg0454B102-F01B-4AAC-ABE2-DF08F4A8197D (resized).jpeg5313A559-6206-4666-BBD8-069C4F19A9BD (resized).jpeg5313A559-6206-4666-BBD8-069C4F19A9BD (resized).jpeg547A37F5-9033-42B3-B119-E8E0299F5607 (resized).jpeg547A37F5-9033-42B3-B119-E8E0299F5607 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#20 1 year ago

Is there a way to view the display picture right way when the mirror glass is not installed? I'm fixing one RFM right now and my reading comprehension is a bit bad for mirrored text.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Is there a way to view the display picture right way when the mirror glass is not installed? I'm fixing one RFM right now and my reading comprehension is a bit bad for mirrored text.

you can lay a large enough piece of plexi over the top half of the playfield. bally used to sell a piece of thick plexi for just this purpose. it should be reflective enough to see the display correctly, even though it is transparent.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can lay a large enough piece of plexi over the top half of the playfield. bally used to sell a piece of thick plexi for just this purpose. it should be reflective enough to see the display correctly, even though it is transparent.

Cool, thanks! But what if the playfield is up? Out of luck then?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

The translite/glass is used for this.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The translite/glass is used for this.

Haa! That's ingenious!! Thanks for the help!

#25 1 year ago

Now, I seem to have a problem with the ball autolaunch. When your ball is saved by a ballsaver, it doesn't get launched automatically, but stays in the plunger lane until the player pushes the ball launch button. Any ideas why it could be so? I tried the switch next to the launch solenoid and it seems to work all fine and dandy.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Now, I seem to have a problem with the ball autolaunch. When your ball is saved by a ballsaver, it doesn't get launched automatically, but stays in the plunger lane until the player pushes the ball launch button. Any ideas why it could be so? I tried the switch next to the launch solenoid and it seems to work all fine and dandy.

I don't own an RFM any more, but you may want to check the settings to see if there is one for "auto launch" and if it's turned off.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't own an RFM any more, but you may want to check the settings to see if there is one for "auto launch" and if it's turned off.

I did think about that, but didn't find any setting for that unfortunately. If there's anything I can check, please do mention!

3 weeks later
#28 12 months ago

Hey everyone,
Had anybody used the 19" LCD Vision Pro monitor that says it's fully compatible with the CGA signal from RFM?
My monitor needs replacing and I'm considering swapping to LCD.
This is it:
https://www.arcadeshop.com/i/479/19-vp-lcd-monitor.htm
Thanks

4 months later
#29 7 months ago

Hello RFM people...I am getting around to working on my RfM that has seen good play but has had an annoying flipper problem that is intermittent. Generally the flippers are fine, both stroke and hold, but occasionally they will go "limp" for lack of a better term. The stroke just won't go, and it wont go high enough for hold to take it.

I seem to recall reading about this issue years ago, but I cannot seem to find any info on it. What I recall reading was it was not a mechanical problem but an electrical problem, perhaps something with the drive circuitry.

Can anyone point me to some tips on how to get the flippers to behave consistently properly with no limp? BTW both flippers do this, most often one or the other but sometimes both. It is annoying.

Thank you.

#30 7 months ago

an issue that I had with mine was that the coil wire had broken right inside of the eyelet on the up-down post so it was making contact some of the time. that might be something to look into for your flippers as well.

1 week later
#31 7 months ago

Hi! Has anyone tried UV lights and glow in the dark Titan Competition Silicon Rings in their RFM? I previously installed a green trough lighting strip in mine which I'll likely replace with a UV version (https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=160), but I'm unsure about using more of those strips elsewhere, UV bulbs (https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=150) perhaps in the spotlights, or a combination of both. Just looking for some insight if someone in this group has tried this. I was only planning to use glow in the darks rings up to the screen reflection, not behind it.

I shined a black light on mine and was surprised that it already has artwork that reacts with it!

IMG_2549 (resized).jpegIMG_2549 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#32 11 days ago

Looking for shooter lane protector for RFM to cover existing wear. Haven’t been able to get a response from Cliffy. PM me if you have a Cliffy protector set or other protector for the shooter lane. Thanks

IMG_1945 (resized).jpegIMG_1945 (resized).jpegIMG_1946 (resized).jpegIMG_1946 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-revenge-from-mars-ownersfanclub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.