(Topic ID: 119749)

RFM / Pin2K Video Amp --- Really worth it?

By altan

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mattosborn
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5365.jpg
IMG_5350.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5338.jpg
IMG_5337.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

I installed the Ultimarc amp in my RFM based on all the comments as to how big of difference it made. I was underwhelmed. It did provide some improvement (e.g., I can now see details that I could not see previously in scenes like Martian happy hour), but it was not exactly what I would personally refer to as "a daylight and dark difference". I had previously re-capped my monitor, so maybe mine was in a little better condition than others that saw more improvement with the Ultimarc amp. Don't get me wrong, even with the somewhat limited changes I saw the price of the amp is worth it. I was just a little disappointed in the difference after hearing so many people rave about what a difference it would make. YMMV

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

So I say ... huh?

I will have my RFM at TPF in March. Anyone at the show can see what they think of the monitor with the Ultimarc amp in it (it should be in the lineup with the machines from the DFW Pinball and Arcade Club). I say it looks good, but I don't think the amp made as much difference in my machine as others have reported.

I also have the RGB saucer mod installed (modded with acrylic pins to bring the light up to the surface of the saucers better) for anyone that wants to see that in person.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-pin2k-video-amp-really-worth-it?tu=rviguet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.